Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    don't have to cite a specific post but the whole topic of toxicity in FF14 vs WoW for you is "but my opinion is that toxcitiy is worse in FF14 then WoW because I barely pug" when plenty of people have proven you wrong over and over and over.
    ???? So you can't cite a single example? Not a single one?

How about an example where someone, anyone has proven me wrong, over and over, and over?

Fun fact - I've never said that I barely pug. In fact I've very clearly stated the opposite. That I pug very frequently, I however, do not use the DF or do LFR. I still pug mythic+ keys all the time, even high ones. I pugged heroic and mythic raids as well. So you are also OBJECTIVELY wrong here as well. In FF14 I almost exclusively pug, both savage and EX's and DF content.

0/3. Please present an iota of effort next time, or seriously don't bother. Your mouth frothing antics are beginning to tire me. You're stating a lot of misinformation, but no real concrete analysis or examples.

and third since you seem to like to turn shit around like you didn't say it, you mentioned Yoshi specifically. Yoshi encourages people to not be tied down to the game for a full patch cycle cause of grind, he never said that about the full expac. Good for your friends who start the expac and then quit till the almost the next one, they're not the ones Yoshi was talking about at all.
    I'm aware of that. I'm simply letting you know that there are people who do play it that way and find value in it, and despite it not fitting his words 1:1, it's technically not wrong either. Whether they come back for the most recent patch, or for all the patches is ultimately irrelevant with the scope of his quote. The function is still identical and valid.

fourth Going through the MSQ and lvling that does take more effort then spamming current lvl dungeon, I know that because I've lvld every job that way from lvl 1 its brainless and faster then doing the MSQ unless again you skip 100% of the cutscenes.
    MSQ is a lot of brainless back and forth. Dungeon spamming at least requires a modicum of effort/attention.

But that is irrelevant to this discussion. You stated that in WoW you simply spam dungeons while watching stuff on the other monitor as if it was a negative (it can be subjectively). I called you out by citing clear use cases that it's the EXACT same thing you do in FF14. I'm all for valid criticism, but this isn't one of them (without bashing both, which if you're comfortable explicitly admitting then we're good).
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-07-16 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    ???? So you can't cite a single example? Not a single one?

How about an example where someone, anyone has proven me wrong, over and over, and over?

Fun fact - I've never said that I barely pug. In fact I've very clearly stated the opposite. That I pug very frequently, I however, do not use the DF or do LFR. I still pug mythic+ keys all the time, even high ones. I pugged heroic and mythic raids as well. So you are also OBJECTIVELY wrong here as well. In FF14 I almost exclusively pug, both savage and EX's and DF content.

0/3. Please present an iota of effort next time, or seriously don't bother. Your mouth frothing antics are beginning to tire me. You're stating a lot of misinformation, but no real concrete analysis or examples.

I'm aware of that. I'm simply letting you know that there are people who do play it that way and find value in it, and despite it not fitting his words 1:1, it's technically not wrong either. Whether they come back for the most recent patch, or for all the patches is ultimately irrelevant with the scope of his quote. The function is still identical and valid.

MSQ is a lot of brainless back and forth. Dungeon spamming at least requires a modicum of effort/attention.

But that is irrelevant to this discussion. You stated that in WoW you simply spam dungeons while watching stuff on the other monitor as if it was a negative (it can be subjectively). I called you out by citing clear use cases that it's the EXACT same thing you do in FF14. I'm all for valid criticism, but this isn't one of them (without bashing both, which if you're comfortable explicitly admitting then we're good).
    going through the time needed for MSQ is more effort then lvling the job from 1-70 i've done it multiple times and can lvl a job from 1 to 70 in 1/4 the time it takes to finish MSQ even less so again it takes more effort aka time.

Also the time they're gone is relevant to his quote, if you wish to make anecdotes about shit then don't use somebody elses quote.

and I listed a example of topic for you, whether you admit you're wrong about any discussion regarding the topic of "FF14 vs WoW" is irrelevant. You still defend WoW like crazy in the FF14 thread even stating you wish FF14 had 5 man and 10 man groups so it feels more like WoW. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51398718 the link the exact post. Only thing negative you said was class design at parts and Azerite traits but that's just bog standard shit BFA has done wrong just like legion did with legendaries. Those 2 things btw are WoW reinventing the wheel which is what screws it over.

anyway I'm done with this discussion here since its not related to the topic of the thread anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    going through the time needed for MSQ is more effort then lvling the job from 1-70 i've done it multiple times and can lvl a job from 1 to 70 in 1/4 the time it takes to finish MSQ even less so again it takes more effort aka time.
    Effort and time are two completely different metrics. For instance, I raid very casually, but I raid at a level that aims to clear savage in 2-3 weeks tops. Because I'm not investing a lot of time, it requires considerable effort to meet my goal.

Also the time they're gone is relevant to his quote, if you wish to make anecdotes about shit then don't use somebody elses quote.
    No it's not. Whether you come back in 3.5 months for more story and unsub again, or you come back in 15 months and binge it all is irrelevant. You're still taking a break (encouraged) and then returning. It may not be his explicit statement, but it's easily implied that taking a break (however long) and coming back is encouraged.

and I listed a example of topic for you, whether you admit you're wrong about any discussion regarding the topic of "FF14 vs WoW" is irrelevant. You still defend WoW like crazy in the FF14 thread even stating you wish FF14 had 5 man and 10 man groups so it feels more like WoW. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51398718 the link the exact post.
    Please re-read your own example. No where in there did I indicate that I actually want larger groups, let alone because of WoW. I cited the exact reasoning of why I wouldn't be opposed to increasing it, and it had nothing to do with WoW. I think your bias is blinding you to rational discussion and you need a break.

Only thing negative you said was class design at parts and Azerite traits but that's just bog standard shit BFA has done wrong just like legion did with legendaries. Those 2 things btw are WoW reinventing the wheel which is what screws it over.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I think them reinventing the wheel helps bring fresh new ideas that keep the game from getting stale. Not sure if you actually read my post, but not only did I cite an example, but I offered insight into WHY I offered that example. Can you even do the same?