Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Its hilarious to watch CSpan and see Republicans all butthurt that Nancy Pelosi called Trump's comments disgusting. That's what they're freaking out and trying to get struck from the record.

Not his comments.

Nancy Pelosi's response to them.

House Republicans continue to be the biggest joke of the country outside of the President.
    I'm still absolutely floored by the fact that Republicans cried harder about a person calling out racism than they did the racism itself. They should roll this footage 24/7 through the 2020 campaigns. This is about as unacceptable as these shitlords can get without actually putting on the white hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm still absolutely floored by the fact that Republicans cried harder about a person calling out racism than they did the racism itself. They should roll this footage 24/7 through the 2020 campaigns. This is about as unacceptable as these shitlords can get without actually putting on the white hoods.
    Because they don't view it as racist, apparently.

Also, they're freaking out because there's actually a rule that the president cannot be insulted, for the most part, from the House floor. Which Pelosi "did" by accurately calling him racist.

They tried to get her comments struck from the record but votes were on party lines so they remain on the record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hilarious to watch CSpan and see Republicans all butthurt that Nancy Pelosi called Trump's comments disgusting. That's what they're freaking out and trying to get struck from the record.

Not his comments.

House Republicans continue to be the biggest joke of the country outside of the President.
    hell, Fox is complaining about omar's language
    https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-pund...073854724.html
    she's been quoting Trump

Of course Fox and Trump focus on Omar, she's an immigrant of color as well as a Muslim.

She's basically the thing they hate the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Also, they're freaking out because there's actually a rule that the president cannot be insulted, for the most part, from the House floor. Which Pelosi "did" by accurately calling him racist.

They tried to get her comments struck from the record but votes were on party lines so they remain on the record.
    It's one of those rules you don't expect anyone to actually use because surely they know it's awful politics for anyone but their extreme base. It's like enforcing a law against a kid's lemonade stand.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UB2UD

The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.
    Republican voters are apparently jazzed about Trump's racist outburst.

If ever you needed more proof that the Republican Party is nothing but a party of mostly old and young racist white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not his comments.

Not to worry! The House is holding a vote on striking those comments from the record, according to this article pubaaaaaaaaand the vote fails entirely on party lines.

The time to "vote to strike record" to "vote fails" was...about two hours.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Generously... less tha half of those are actual policies. The others, mainly 1-4 are vague statements of intent. Number 5 is a nonsense.
    Well, I did say..." Of course many will disagree or have issues with any of those " And it doesn't matter to me if you don't agree on them. Because I did say, " That;s fine too".
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Best part was that on CSpan you could see Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi laughing and smiling and having a friendly chat while the vote to condemn Trump was getting a role call.

Trump totally owning the Libs by reuniting them after their little spat in opposition to his racism.

Stable Genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why this fantasy of trying to appeal to them to switch back over to the Democrats is a joke of a lost cause and any Democrat who suggests it should be laughed out of the discussion. They're with him until the bitter end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part was that on CSpan you could see Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi laughing and smiling and having a friendly chat while the vote to condemn Trump was getting a role call.
    People seem to forget that all four members of The Squad voted for Pelosi's speakership, whereas a lot of the moderate Democrats didn't.

This narrative that the Democratic Party is fracturing is ridiculous. It's a big tent party, of course there are going to be scuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, when you continue to support a racist shitbag...don't be surprised when people think that you are a racist shitbag.
    I don't care. Esp. with any on here. Not like this forum bears that much weight or influence in things which really matters in life. I already accept the fact I am outnumbered and some think I am a shitbag for supporting Trump. That's fine.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why this fantasy of trying to appeal to them to switch back over to the Democrats is a joke of a lost cause and any Democrat who suggests it should be laughed out of the discussion. They're with him until the bitter end.
    Someone better tell Joe Biden when he's done reminiscing about working with segregationists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

This is true. Because it wasn't. Was it wrong how he stated it? Yes and his statements should be denounced as inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is true. Because it wasn't. Was it wrong how he stated it? Yes and his statements should be denounced as inappropriate.
    You don't think what he said, about 4 minority women, 3 of the 4 whom were born here, that they should go back to their home countries, ISN'T FUCKING RACIST? How the fuck is it not racist? What the actual fuck are you smoking?

"Go back where you came from" has a long history of use by racists when referring to people of color, even if they all "come from" the same small town.

Note, he said this about four women of color, specifically. This isn't rhetoric that he uses when he talks about white people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-...-back-to-your/

There are a bunch of celebrities of color sharing stories about their experience with this racist phrase, for context.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Someone better tell Joe Biden when he's done reminiscing about working with segregationists.
    I agree 100%.

Warren is my #1 pick, Buttigieg probably 2nd.

Ofcourse it is not racist. If he said that to someone with same skin colour as him noone would think for a second that its racist. This is once again fake outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    People seem to forget that all four members of The Squad voted for Pelosi's speakership, whereas a lot of the moderate Democrats didn't.

This narrative that the Democratic Party is fracturing is ridiculous. It's a big tent party, of course there are going to be scuffs.
    Yeah I saw their disagreement as important and necessary. Republicans and Conservatives think of it as fracturing because they've been in lockstep on every single issue for 30 years instead of having various ideas in the same party.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Go back where you came from" has a long history of use by racists when referring to people of color, even if they all "come from" the same small town.

Note, he said this about four women of color, specifically. This isn't rhetoric that he uses when he talks about white people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-...-back-to-your/

There are a bunch of celebrities of color sharing stories about their experience with this racist phrase, for context.
    He also said,.." then come back and tell us how we should do it here." A racists wouldn't want them to come back. His rant while inappropriate, was a venting of frustration over their constant attacks on US in areas they do not agree with. One of them even refused to condemn Al Quada when asked , if I have the info correct on that. Those are terrorists who killed about 3000 Americans on 9/11.