The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It applies to your argument that "he suggested they come back later, therefore it's totally not racist."

You're wrong. It is. And you are defending it.
    Na. I disagree. You are free to think otherwise however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I like how in your repeated defenses of racism you keep trying this laughable fallacy.

I'm not playing your game my dude. Just pointing out how hilariously absurd on its face it is and how I love that you keep trying to use it.
    Looks like you dont have any rebuttal. Not suprising. Will you start throwing ad hominems and making up shit now like Orbitus here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Looks like you dont have any rebuttal. Not suprising. Will you start throwing ad hominems and making up shit now like Orbitus here?
    Not engaging with fallacies isn't giving up the topic, but it speaks a lot to your mindset that you think it does though.

I mean its obvious to everybody paying attention you're just disingenuously trying to defend the racism and change the topic away from Trump.

You're doing a great job as an independent, classical liberal.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-07-17 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on your definition of racism and why Trump hates Obama....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be racist if he said that to someone with same skin colour?
    Even without the years of racist undertones the 'Go back to where you came from!' remark carries with it, on top of Trump's overwhelming anti-immigrant sentiments, the idea of telling Americans to 'Leave' because they dared criticize his policies is still ignorant and asinine.

Though this is assuming he'd even think of saying that phrase to a group of White Women anyway, so ultimately your question doesn't matter because it's just pointless nitpicking in some shallow attempt to not bother confronting the context as to 'why' people are upset.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "it's totally not racist because he told them to come back afterwards!"... Jesus Christ. The attempts to defend grow weaker each day.
    Especially in the case of Omar, he's saying "Go back to Somalia, and don't come back until you fix everything that is wrong with Somalia" aka, never.

It's not like he's saying, "Go back to where you came from, have a nice lunch, and then come back!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Not engaging with fallacies isn't giving up the topic, but it speaks a lot to your mindset that you think it does though.

I mean its obvious to everybody paying attention you're just disingenuously trying to defend the racism and change the topic away from Trump.

You're doing a great job as an independent, classical liberal.
    How am I trying to change away topic from Trump when I am literally asking you if Trump aimed what he said at someone else "would it still be racist ?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Still waiting on your definition of racism and why Trump hates Obama....
    Already answered you (or someone else who asked me this - I dont keep track of names) few pages back. Dont wait, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It's true however. A racist would want them to stay gone. But are we not getting into a forbidden topic?......

That is how Trump is. Some actually like him being that way. They find him more personal, than most politicians. Personally I wish he got rid of his tweeter account and acted with more restraint.

Your article said she has condemned it in the past, yet did not mention any cases where she did. And her answer was a simple, I will not dignify that with a answer. Could be a cope out too. Why not just say I condemn those actions? And the link is from NYT. A well known anti-Trump newspaper.
    That article actually linked to a video of an interview where she herself outlines her stance, and it also explains why she goes with the whole 'won't dignify it with an answer' thing. She talks at length there about how oftentimes Muslims are asked to condemn Al Quaeda or Al Shebab, even if they are not remotely connected to said groups and how that is irksome. So her not dignifying it with an answer is consistent with those views, even if it would likely be better to just play along. Though imho it is a bit understandable if someone got offended when she has to defend herself from the assumption of being pro Al Quaeda, just because the president said so.

And that bears mention here. She did not 'refuse to condemn Al Quaeda' in that press conference. The question was whether she would respond to the president's claims "most notably that she's a communist, and that you are pro Al Quaeda" (sic). One of those is a ridiculous claim that most people wouldn't really dignify with an answer. Heck, ask random people on the street whether they are those things or not and see how many will dignify it with an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Especially in the case of Omar, he's saying "Go back to Somalia, and don't come back until you fix everything that is wrong with Somalia" aka, never.

It's not like he's saying, "Go back to where you came from, have a nice lunch, and then come back!" lol
    I am sure it would be great loss for USA if vile antisemite like her never came back

Except I can I already did that many times. Look I can do it again : https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodnov%C4%9B%C5%99%C3%AD

On the other hand you cant point out me ever being racist or even defending that guy. How strange
    But it doesn't show a single religion that uses it. But we can see it being used by scum like the Christchurch Shooter.

Why are people actively trying to engage with a person who has demonstrated to not be interested in actual discussion and instead just blatant defense of racism.

I am sure it would be great loss for USA if vile antisemite like her never came back
    What has she said that isn't antisemitic? Oh, right, she criticized Israel's shitty policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I trying to change away topic from Trump when I am literally asking you if Trump aimed what he said at someone else "would it still be racist?
    Would it be racist if I as a white man call my white friends "niggers?"

Yes, it would....

Already answered you (or someone else who asked me this - I dont keep track of names) few pages back. Dont wait, look it up.
    No, you didn't. And they were being half serious when responding to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m Jewish and don’t think what she said was antisemite. It’s strange that you would scapegoat Jews to defend Trump... wait, no it’s not...

Edit: Unite The Right parade chanting “Jews will not replace us” was antisemite. Blaming all the ills of your actions on Jews, isn’t new... very stale, actually... Trump selling arms to Saudi Arabia, not about Israel. Trump fucking with Iran, not about Israel. Trump going on a racist rant, not because of Jews.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-07-17 at 12:56 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    That article actually linked to a video of an interview where she herself outlines her stance, and it also explains why she goes with the whole 'won't dignify it with an answer' thing. She talks at length there about how oftentimes Muslims are asked to condemn Al Quaeda or Al Shebab, even if they are not remotely connected to said groups and how that is irksome. So her not dignifying it with an answer is consistent with those views, even if it would likely be better to just play along. Though imho it is a bit understandable if someone got offended when she has to defend herself from the assumption of being pro Al Quaeda, just because the president said so.

And that bears mention here. She did not 'refuse to condemn Al Quaeda' in that press conference. The question was whether she would respond to the president's claims "most notably that she's a communist, and that you are pro Al Quaeda" (sic). One of those is a ridiculous claim that most people wouldn't really dignify with an answer. Heck, ask random people on the street whether they are those things or not and see how many will dignify it with an answer.
    I did not see any link to a video. I will go back and check again. And I would say I do not condone it if I was asked on the street. Simple question, simple answer. But I do appreciate your well thought out and respectful reply.

Edit: I see why I did not see any link to a video. You have to subscribe to it and then login. Not doing that. If you have a another link, I would appreciate seeing it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-07-17 at 01:01 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The question was whether she would respond to the president's claims "most notably that she's a communist, and that you are pro Al Quaeda" (sic). One of those is a ridiculous claim that most people wouldn't really dignify with an answer. Heck, ask random people on the street whether they are those things or not and see how many will dignify it with an answer.
    Don’t do that! Do not approach random people on the street and ask that. You might get hurt, don’t do this! Seriously, you ask the wrong person, swift hit to your jaw, you fall simply out of surprise, your head hits the concrete and your dead. Don’t confront random people with inflammatory questions...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "it's totally not racist because he told them to come back afterwards!"... Jesus Christ. The attempts to defend grow weaker each day.
    People who try to spin this as a positive statement are just illiterate.

Given the context, he’s saying go fix your own country before trying to fix ours. Basically saying F off, stop trying to change things here since your country is a shithole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post

Given the context, he’s saying go fix your own country before trying to fix ours. Basically saying F off, stop trying to change things here since your country is a shithole.
    They're American Congresswomen -- it's literally their job to change the things here. It's what they were elected to do.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    No, she isn't. Either you're a citizen or you're not.

Her family might have been established in the US for longer, but that doesn't give her any more prestige than he has. There's no "more American" where citizenship is concerned.
    Well he certainly seems to think so.

Which is ironic considering there is only one American in his entire family tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post

THIS IS THEIR COUNTRY, AND THEY WHERE ELECTED TO CHANGE IT.

any thing else is the spin.