Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Agreed. Things are getting way over the top and out of touch with what made WoW the WORLD of WarCraft.

I really want an apocalyptic expansion where they can kill off vast swaths of the main cast and do a soft reset on the narrative.

The Defias were way more interesting and fun to fight than Azshara and the Legion.

The anime threats have always been with wow, what hasn’t always been so in your face is the bad anime writing and cinematic.

The cinematic look great but were written for an 8 year old audience. Just like the story

This was supposed to be an expac about the war between factions, and it is maybe the most limp dick war in wow history

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizz is going for huge flashy big moments instead of world building and story telling.

It is a huge shame but blizz realizes that flashy big moments sell more than patiently creating a story.
    But in the long term you can't build a fantasy universe on "flashy big moments" especially when every single one of these moments burns away a part of the original mythos.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Traditional fantasy has plenty of stories about demons or dragons that threatened to destroy the world or wipe out all life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Agreed. Things are getting way over the top and out of touch with what made WoW the WORLD of WarCraft.

I really want an apocalyptic expansion where they can kill off vast swaths of the main cast and do a soft reset on the narrative.

The Defias were way more interesting and fun to fight than Azshara and the Legion.
    if there was ever an expac for that, it was BFA.

blizz just lacks the testicular fortitude to write a good story with real consequences, and losses

There's no enough flashbacks. Then again there is the power of friendship giving people unnatural durability and strength. So I'd say it's a shitty comic (I mean, Blizzard did comment in the past that they are very keen on comic book writing and that it serves as an inspiration or something along those lines), maybe shifting towards a shonen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It's just the fact that Blizzard were very pushed after WoD and blew their ENTIRE load on Legion. Nothing after Legion so far looks to even approach it in scale, let alone surpass it. In Legion, we were taking out entire spaceships, wiping out entire legion footholds on worlds, etc. and those were the WQ/dailies/weeklies. What is the equivalent now? Go kill a guy sucking on a piece of azerite because azeroth is having her period on Zuldazar. The scale is all fucked. Why are we using catapults when spaceship tech is available? Why did the legion need to have spaceships? They used to be all about having to have portals opened for them and that was the big stopper for them just coming and wrecking the whole planet. Why did they never use their spaceships to bombard a capital city from orbit or at least very high up? Archimonde and Kil'jaeden could've hopped in their ride and came here all this time it seems. Legion was cool but it solidified WoW's lore as an absolute mess you're better off only skimming so you're not completely lost, and definitely not getting invested.
    Last edited by Sleemin; 2019-07-17 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleemin View Post
    Why did the legion need to have spaceships? They used to be all about having to have portals opened for them and that was the big stopper for them just coming and wrecking the whole planet.
    Maybe they got sick of the limitations of portals and decided to invent new forms of travel, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I'm not much for anime, but that little compilation was pretty cool all the same. Nice cinematic slice of life from WoW's long run.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead