Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I wish this would be true but BfA will drag down WoW for another whole year.
    Scrapping the patch would just mean that we're stuck with 8.2 for the entire time, not that 9.0 comes any sooner. I'll take a mediocre patch over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Yeah I said this literal thing earlier I hope it happens. Sylvanas is playing mental gymnastics against these clowns.
    Not really

I mean if you give her the benefit of the doubt then she's pulling a lelouch from code Geass

Otherwise she is just a leader that for some reason can't control her people and is a selfish cunt

Leak content aside, I think the name is a good pick for a Wow Xpac in a generic-y global friendly way

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    WoW is the only game where i have seen people whine about the level cap. the level squish is not about new players(blizzard doesnt care about them anymore). its about blizzard picking the lazy solution to trying to make leveling interesting and feel reward. they can do it with a high level cap they just refuse to do it because it would be more work.

this is one change i want to blow up in their face to force them to rethink everything.
    A lot of people, myself included, want a level squish. Sure it is easy fix to current leveling, but a fix nonetheless. What do you suggest to improve leveling (problem being you go 5 or more levels without a single thing but a +1 to your level number).

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    A lot of people, myself included, want a level squish. Sure it is easy fix to current leveling, but a fix nonetheless. What do you suggest to improve leveling (problem being you go 5 or more levels without a single thing but a +1 to your level number).
    it wont fix anything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I remember when reading those fake leaks was still fun. You knew it's not true, but it was nice to speculate. But this us just utter bullshit.

- Level squish to 50, new level cap 60 (Vanilla 1-20, TBC / WotLK / Cataclysm 20-30, MoP / WoD 30-40, Legion / BfA 40-50, AoD 50-60)
    This would mean you're spending more time just traveling from one place to the other than anything else. One quest in Durotar, and then you can move to Barrens, a quest done there, and you should be on your way to Stranglethorn....

Hate it when the leaks are so bad they break the immersion of the reader from the first line.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I remember when reading those fake leaks was still fun. You knew it's not true, but it was nice to speculate. But this us just utter bullshit.

This would mean you're spending more time just traveling from one place to the other than anything else. One quest in Durotar, and then you can move to Barrens, a quest done there, and you should be on your way to Stranglethorn....

Hate it when the leaks are so bad they break the immersion of the reader from the first line.
    What exactly goes into your brain that makes you assume its going to take the same time to get a level after squish as it does now?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Not really

I mean if you give her the benefit of the doubt then she's pulling a lelouch from code Geass

Otherwise she is just a leader that for some reason can't control her people and is a selfish cunt
    Opinions are subjective. I see it differently.

You really think they will just squish the levels without putting extra exp requirement to level up? You really think you will be max level then with the same time /played as you get to level 50/60 now?

Ofc that wouldn't be the case.. They will lower all the level numbers but they will either increase the exp requirement to level up, or they will decrease the amount of exp gained from mobs, dungeons and quests.

My guess would be with the level squish happening that the total amount of time that you need to level wont change that much. So time to get from 1-120 should almost be them same as after the squish 1-50/60.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A lvl squish is insanely likely with the polls that came up some time ago aswell as Blizzard bringing it up last Blizzcon. (?)
    Why do people bring this lie up? there was no POLL for a level squish just a survie, and if blizzard does a level squish (which in itself is complete useless like the stat squish every 2 expacs) they will lose a lot of its customers.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Why do people bring this lie up? there was no POLL for a level squish just a survie, and if blizzard does a level squish (which in itself is complete useless like the stat squish every 2 expacs) they will lose a lot of its customers.
    Who would unsubscribe over that?

What you think?
    I hope this isn't yours. This is the fakest one so far.

- Sylvanas will be imprisoned? OK, after it was explicitly stated that would never happen...
    - Why would N'zoth ever revive any of the other Old Gods? They were rivals.
    - I question the intelligence of anyone who believes they could set a raid in Thunder Bluff and have it be anything but a dismal experience.
    - No Vulpera? LOLOL troll harder
    - stop saying "captivated" when you mean "captured"
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

No, it wouldn't. A level squish means you get fewer dings, not that leveling goes any faster. Total experience to cap would stay the same, you'd just get fewer levels on the way there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    - stop saying "captivated" when you mean "captured"
    I kinda wonder how we'd be supposed to pull that one off. Disguise ourselves as BoytoyNathanos?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Why do people bring this lie up?
    they will lose a lot of its customers.
    Ah yes.
    I'm the liar.

there was no POLL for a level squish just a survie
    Survey, Poll, whatever.
    Point is they asked people what they'd think of a lvl squish, therefore they are planning something along those lines.

THAT is the important bit.

Formerly known as Arafal

- Partial old world revamp: only unlocks after finishing the pre-quest for Age of Darkness; for new players it will be the same as live until they do the pre-quest at level 50
    Why would they do this? If they're going to use resources on another world revamp, I would think it would be to make it easier, and more pleasurable for new players and for leveling in general, to fix the timeline and systems mess that is leveling at the moment (and ideally make old expansions leveling redundant), not to add another layer of confusion and complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Scrapping the patch would just mean that we're stuck with 8.2 for the entire time, not that 9.0 comes any sooner. I'll take a mediocre patch over nothing.
    There’s still 8.2.5.

I just take 9.0 over 8.3 any day, that’s what I wanted to say. I’d rather have them invest 110% into 9.0 then taking a huge amount of time to work on 8.3 and finishing off BfA.

8.2 could have worked very well as the ending patch with some minor tweaks in my opinion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-17 at 11:39 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Well, we know it's leak season and after browsing through WoW's subreddit I just found yet another leak that apparently was posted earlier today on 4chan:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ss_4chan_leak/

This is the summary for what the leak was about, just copy pasted it from the reddit post:

World of Warcraft - Age of Darkness (AoD)

- Level squish to 50, new level cap 60 (Vanilla 1-20, TBC / WotLK / Cataclysm 20-30, MoP / WoD 30-40, Legion / BfA 40-50, AoD 50-60)

- New class Tinker, two specializations “Explosives” (ranged dd) + “Combat Medic” (healing), exclusive to Gnomes / Mechagnomes / Draenei / Goblins / Gilgoblins / Forsaken (pre-purchasable with Mechagnomes & Gilgoblins in 8.3 or 8.3.5)

- Story: N’zoth unleashes darkness over Azeroth as foreshadowed in the Nighthold raid encounter with Star Augur Etraeus. Starting point is the attack on Thunder Bluff raid where he interrupts the Horde and Alliance forces in the final battle. Kalimdor is his first goal as the strives to revive one of our oldest foes, C’Thun in Silithus. To do this he’s seeking to destroy the Bronze Dragonflight and turn Nozdormu into Murozond so he alters the timeline where C’Thun doesn’t get defeated and the battle of Ahn’Qiraj is lost by Horde and Alliance in consequence.

- No real dragon focus yet Bronze and Infinite dragonflight play a major role

- Xal’atath will play a major role as the main antagonist of the Old Gods (some kind of evil neutral); she commands us to captivate and imprison Sylvanas instead of killing her because we need her

- Partial old world revamp: only unlocks after finishing the pre-quest for Age of Darkness; for new players it will be the same as live until they do the pre-quest at level 50

- Starting with Kalimdor: Un’Goro, Feralas, Desolace + Mulgore as new high level zones, Silithus will be the endgame zone akin to Suramar (?)

- Eastern Kingdom will be revamped later on with something special planned for Gilneas, Tirisfal and the Plaguelands (hint towards the Old God underneath Tirisfal?)

- New features:

- Essence system unlocked at level 50: every class gets several new skill and traits from 50-60, similar to the Glyph system we once had; 5 sockets, 2 for passive traits, 2 for active skills and 1 ultimate ability

- Reshaping of the talent system: offensive and defensive talents per bracket at level 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50; you can pick one offensive plus one defensive talent per bracket

- Conquest points (new max level leveling system): unlocked at level 60, account wide, different bonuses you can spend points on (more execute damage, higher run speed); once unlocked it’s available for all characters on the account that are at least level 10

- Release date planned for Q4/2020 but they want to polish this expansion so it might get delayed

BfA's ending:

- 8.2.5 will introduce new heritage armor and new models

- Will deal mostly with factions and the aftermath of the events from Eternal Palace

- Final patch 8.3 set in Mulgore

- Centered around Sylvanas plan to attack Thunder Bluff

- Mulgore will be turned into a new max level zone similar to Mechagon with ongoing progress and weekly unlocks, culminating in the attack on Thunder Bluff raid

- Sylvanas is the final boss with Nathanos aiding her; Nathanos will be killed, Sylvanas will be severely wounded, captivated and imprisoned by her sisters Alleria and Vereesa

- Shortly before the fight is over N’zoth’s minions enter the battlefield and fight Sylvanas and us, everything turns dark (?)

- No schedule for the patches yet as everything during BfA took longer than expected; plan is for 8.3 to be released this year yet it might not happen

- Mechagnomes and Gilgoblins will be the last pair of allied races coming in 8.3(.5)

- Factions won’t merge / get removed, there will be some kind of neutrality and inter-factional group play / communication enabled (one of the reasons given is the huge discrepancy of Alliance vs. Horde on most realms and in the raiding community)

What you think?

Utter garbage, like all the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    There’s still 8.2.5.

I just take 9.0 over 8.3 any day, that’s what I wanted to say. I’d rather have them invest 110% into 9.0 then taking a huge amount of time to work on 8.3 and finishing off BfA.

8.2 could have worked very well as the ending patch with some minor tweaks in my opinion.
    As if they haven't spent a huge amount of time and work on 8.3 already.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I love that the entire community is creating a "thunderbluff is going to be attacked" because of a single line from a cinematic

- - - Updated - - -

If she attacks... which I doubt.

Honestly I think worst case is she sends a force to attack thunderbluff and everyone defends there but BAM!!!! Same thing alliance did in BoD and she destroys stormwind
    HIGHLY unlikely she actually destroys Stormwind. Sylvanas torched Teldrassil, and was also technically responsible for the destruction of the Undercity. If Blizzard gives her Stormwind too, diehard Alliance fans will be in open revolt.

There’s still 8.2.5.

The thing is that you're not getting 9.0 over 8.3. You're just losing 8.3 and not getting anything in return.