Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    rocket knight adventures, sega genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Drakan: The Ancient Gates, it was a PC games on the PS2.
    Well, you're wrong mate, because I was about to say Drakan as well . Drakan: The order of the flame was my answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Till the ps1 mini or w/e came out I had met single digits worth of people who has heard of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wild 9, a game I think Jak and Daxter borrowed heavily from
    Bro, Wild 9 was one of my alltime favourite PS1 games, the entire Energy Lasso Mechanic was cool as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Bro, Wild 9 was one of my alltime favourite PS1 games, the entire Energy Lasso Mechanic was cool as shit.
    I loved Wild 9 I still have my copy around here somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jill of the Jungle or Monuments of Mars come to mind.

Mobile Nexon game called HIT.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto is a weird game that I think not a single soul I've met IRL has played. It was fun, but very weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Enderal. It’s a Skyrim total conversion, only for the 2011 release. It’s on steam and I think it’s worthy of being called it’s own game.

I’d imagine only people who keep up to date with the Skyrim modding community have heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Earth 2150
    I really liked Earth 2140. Didnt like sequels that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto is a weird game that I think not a single soul I've met IRL has played. It was fun, but very weird.
    Weird indeed. Interesting multiplayer too. I only know about this game because in 2002 one of gaming magazines here included full game on their monthly cd

My games :

Populous 3. Never talked to anyone who played it.

Nox - action rpg that I liked as kid

I rented it for the PS2, a long time ago. The cutscenes were hilarious; for days after I had beaten the game, most of my family went around quoting them. The "TIMMY!!" part in particular, and most of what Yan says. "I am master of voices, no?"

The game itself...well, it was definitely unique. Getting past all those racing missions as the blue alien woman (I forget her name) was incredibly tedious, and I could never figure out how to feed my mini-me during the Kabuto sections.

As for me, I'd mention Metal Fatigue, but I vaguely remember someone actually had a thread about that on here, a little while back.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

This means War!

I think it was by Microprose.

A really odd blend of city building and RTS with a big slice of skills management that is all the rage in the RTS world right now(veterancy) except theirs was quite complex. Also had silly things like vehicles take damage from the environment if you use them off road, so you had to build a road to your enemies base if you wanted to avoid that. Way ahead of it's time but absolutely hamstrung by some rather hilarious engine limitations, units had to stop dead center of a cell they were running to and it ran slow so they could be mowed down before they could actually even return fire once. It is almost unplayable yet I cannot let it go because of the potential.

How many people have actually played Terminator:Future Shock? It is not really obscure but it seemed like it slipped under the radar because IIRC it release around the same time as a bunch of ID games and once upon a time they were all anyone talked about in the FPS space. Real grizzly atmosphere in that one.
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2019-07-17 at 09:04 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    That game was awesome. First PS1 game I ever played was a demo CD of it that came with one of those gaming magazines. I bought my PS1 before I could afford any games for it (I was like 12 at the time, scraping together what I could mowing yards and stuff, so not exactly much of an income). Demo CDs were my only games for the first month or so that I had the PS1.

"True Love"

10+ Year Old Account
    Vexx on xbox.
    I remember playing Vexx, it looked really cool but for the life of me I could never figure out how to properly progress in the game. Still thought the whole thing where he used his claws to dig into walls and climb was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Mischief makers (N64)
    Shake shake. :P

It was pretty nuts for a story about spacemen, blue alien people and giant kaiju monsters. I just remember the amount of frustration I had with the floaty jet pack controls especially on that one level where you had to save people falling off edges and it could only be done whilst they were in mid air.

I'd say Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard , pretty much it was a parody game but was a good laugh.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Vexx on xbox.

O.D.T on PS1
    I owned Vexx 2

- - - Updated - - -

Zillion - Sega Master System
    Chaos Overloads - PC/Mac
    Snatcher - Sega CD
    Metal Combat - SNES
    Legend of Legaia - PS1
    Weapon Lord - SNES
    Virtual Hydlide - Sega Saturn
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2019-07-17 at 02:23 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I really liked Earth 2140. Didnt like sequels that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird indeed. Interesting multiplayer too. I only know about this game because in 2002 one of gaming magazines here included full game on their monthly cd
    I still own my copy of the game, as well as many other weird / unpopular (And popular) games from late 90s and early 00s. It is always a blast to re-find a lot of them, and realize that.. Not many people probably do still own it. Savage (The game series) reminds me of it, and I'm sure they took a few key notes from it. I honestly can't remember much about the game though, other than that it was really gorey, the space dudes were hilarious as hell, playing as the giants was really unique and the aliens were interesting I guess.

I'll have to go with Pyro II.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Jill of the Jungle or Monuments of Mars come to mind.
    I remember spending way too much time in the sound player in Jill and Jill 2 (Yeah! Y-y-y-y-y-yeah!! LOL). I think I played MoM, but I could be confusing it with Pharoah's Tomb. From the games listed thus far, I'd say these are the most obscure, mostly due to their age.