Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    This is such a weird discussion to me, as I'm from Europe.

Your president is only in office for 4 years at a time. There's huge legacy costs on both parties. If your predecessor has a 1.5 trillion deficit in the budget, its not fair to expect you to run a surplus. You would go down the books as the president that threw around enormous taxes and incredible degrees of austerity.

Not to mention those wars that were kept off the books. Someone had to put them on the books, and in this case it was Obama. His numbers got fucked because of it. Factor those out, and his deficit is well below bushes, and going down further.
    US politics is never about what happened before its always about the now. If you can score political points now who gives a siht about the past! That and the president worshiping of the past like Carter, JFK, Reagan, has lead americans to believe presidents are some sort of superhuman, or should be, that is there to fix everything for everyone.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    US politics is never about what happened before its always about the now. If you can score political points now who gives a siht about the past! That and the president worshiping of the past like Carter, JFK, Reagan, has lead americans to believe presidents are some sort of superhuman, or should be, that is there to fix everything for everyone.
    It's kinda like people assume presidents all get to start with a clean slate. Like, if you have a 1 trillion dollar deficit that means you suck...

It's like inheriting microsoft, which makes 8 billion profit a year. After 4 years, it makes 7 billion profit. Do you then deserve credit, because you made 7 billion?

Conversely, imagine inheriting a bankrupt company losing a million a year. If you manage to get that company to break even after 4 years, are you a loser for not making profit?

US politics is never about what happened before its always about the now.
    And in this case Trump is still getting fucked by the dog....I mean screwing the pooch....I mean he's a fucking retard.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And in this case Trump is still getting fucked by the dog....I mean screwing the pooch....I mean he's a fucking retard.
    LMAO, don't hold back how much you hate that he's breathing air.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Trump could be dictator for the rest of his life and this would only get worse. There is no point in time where he would make the US profitable like a company. The debt would only get bigger until the country collapsed.

You'd think people would realize Trump is horrible at business and management given his track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump could be dictator for the rest of his life and this would only get worse. There is no point in time where he would make the US profitable like a company. The debt would only get bigger until the country collapsed.

You'd think people would realize Trump is horrible at business and management given his track record.
    Naw the vast majority of folks with guns that the left hates so much would make sure he is removed from office if he tries to stay longer than two terms.

Naw the vast majority of folks with guns that the left hates so much would make sure he is removed from office if he tries to stay longer than two terms.
    I thought they were "his" Second Amendment people.

And given the rhetoric we're seeing so far, they don't seem like they'd be too upset by this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so; conservatives would dissolve the constitution if it meant Trump could stay in power longer. Do you think he's joking when he alludes to staying on for more than a decade?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought they were "his" Second Amendment people.

And given the rhetoric we're seeing so far, they don't seem like they'd be too upset by this.
    Look, i know the left needs this fear mongering fantasy of trump staying in office forever, but its just that a fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I don't think so; conservatives would dissolve the constitution if it meant Trump could stay in power longer. Do you think he's joking when he alludes to staying on for more than a decade?
    I'm sure you can find a fair amount of folks that vote conservative, perhaps a million of out 150+, who would do. But good thing for you gun owners are not just conservatives. As i told edge, your fear mongering fantasy is just that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, i know the left needs this fear mongering fantasy of trump staying in office forever, but its just that a fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you can find a fair amount of folks that vote conservative, perhaps a million of out 150+, who would do. But good thing for you gun owners are not just conservatives. As i told edge, your fear mongering fantasy is just that.
    I'm not fear-mongering, it's just an observation of the behaviors of both the republican political leaders and the followers who would have no qualms in suspending the constitution in order for conservatives to solidify power to make this country a police state. It's why your fellow ideologues have a high approval of Putin; it's the same reason KJU has a photo in the White House today.

Either you realize this and continue to support it, or you are in denial. There are no other states.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    That damn free market economy...

still little people with their little guns vs the military.

why do people think that their 2nd amendment right and "expectation" of being able to stand up to the govt is based in any sort of reality.

Also why do they think they are the only ones with guns on the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    This is such a weird discussion to me, as I'm from Europe.

Your president is only in office for 4 years at a time. There's huge legacy costs on both parties. If your predecessor has a 1.5 trillion deficit in the budget, its not fair to expect you to run a surplus. You would go down the books as the president that threw around enormous taxes and incredible degrees of austerity.

Not to mention those wars that were kept off the books. Someone had to put them on the books, and in this case it was Obama. His numbers got fucked because of it. Factor those out, and his deficit is well below bushes, and going down further.
    No one expects him to run a surplus, they however do not expect him to increase it by 40%+….

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Edit. NVM. Found this info from https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/ which of itself is a interesting take on Obama's two terms. Some positives and negatives.

[I]Debt and Deficits

The federal debt more than doubled under Obama, and he left Trump a legacy of worsening deficits.

Debt — On the day Obama left office, the U.S. government’s debt owed to the public was more than $14.4 trillion, an increase of more than 128 percent during his eight years.

Obama's first day - 10,626,877,048,913.08
    Obama's last day - 19,947,304,555,212.49

87.7% debt increase not 128%

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/de...dDay=&endYear=

So not more than doubled.

People who doubled it recently

Bush 101%
    Reagan 184%

I think you are taking the information from the wrong bucket "debt owed to the public" vs total debt.

LMAO, don't hold back how much you hate that he's breathing air.
    And you you do the same with how much you worship him.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And you you do the same with how much you worship him.
    lmao worship huh? ill admit i find a great sort of Schadenfreude that he has had on the left wing, but for the most part trump's been a yuude disappointment. Hes been such a mild president that i don't really see him as anything but a joke, with an ego his size you would think he have done something noteworthy but nope. For the record (again really since you left wingers always seem to think the right wingers here are some sort of hive mind) i didn't vote for trump, i will not vote for trump. I voted for gary im fuckign high as balls johnson because imo his stoned ass was better than either hillary or trump. hate me for being a libertarian not this made up trump supporter because i really dislike seeing you lie all the time.

Hes been such a mild president
    I don't think you'll find anyone who will agree with this sentiment.

I don't think you'll find anyone who will agree with this sentiment.
    Maybe not here, but i don't really count the 20 or so common posters and 50 or so infrequents to be that representative of america. Mainly because most of them are not americans.

Maybe not here, but i don't really count the 20 or so common posters and 50 or so infrequents to be that representative of america. Mainly because most of them are not americans.
    Not here, anywhere.

Not here, anywhere.
    Its ok Edge, you will survive trump. We all will.

Its ok Edge, you will survive trump. We all will.
    Which has nothing to do with you claiming that he's been a "mild president", which is objectively incorrect on many, many levels.

Which has nothing to do with you claiming that he's been a "mild president", which is objectively incorrect on many, many levels.
    Well I obviously disagree. He's a crass, arrogant asshole who has failed at most of what he said he would do...im not sure why he riles you folks up so much but then again I never understood Obama's similar effect on the right. /shrug I toss it up to most folks like to control others and get pissed off when they themselves get controlled.