Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hammerfist , Spectrum ZX

[/CENTER]

My dad had a Spectrum ZX, and I remember being 5 years old and I played games such as Dizzy or Great Escape, but Hammerfist was one of those games I I feel was the most obscure. mainly because of that rocking looking box art lol. I never completed the game, I wasnt hat great at video games at 5 years old lol. 1 year later I would get an NES and that would be my first console :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-18 at 12:20 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Earth 2140 was my jam. Played it a ton.
    Did play some Earth 2150, but I felt like it lost some of it's charm from the original.

Edit:
    And for a game I've played I don't think anyone else have heard of:
    Ignition
    I love Ignition. It was very fun racing game. As for Earth 21XX I played Earth 2140, 2150 and 2160 but I just love 2150 because you could design your own units. There was map editor, day and night cycle that could be incorporated into strategy, weather, tunnels.

There are lots of games here I have never heard of before! I shall look for them.

You also might not know about the Lisbon School of Magic. The Lisbon School of Magic is a multiplayer browser game. There, students can learn how to fly on a broomstick, study several spells, meet strange mythological creatures and they also get to have their own room in a medieval castle.

This game is heavily story based. If you like story based games, then you'l probably like it.

To find the game just google for "Lisbon School of Magic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    rocket knight adventures, sega genesis
    I remember Rocket Knight, opening of that game was interesting. Giant Robots duking it out before the real game began.

As for me, @dacoolist knows this one: Starsiege (AKA, the last Earthsiege title from Dynamix before Tribes outshined the series).
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Donkey Kong for the Game Boy. Despite being a Mario title, a lot of people aren't aware of it. It introduced the triple jump and backflip that are used in a lot of the 3D games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    [IMG]https://i.ebayimg.com/22/!!e!Uy0!B2M~$(KGrHqYOKjYEzqCRzlqyBNP3rucZsQ~~_1.JPG?set_id=89040003C1[IMG]

Grandia II , Massively underrated and not nearly as popular as it deserved to be.
    Grandia 1 and 2 are getting HD remakes on the Switch. Grandia 2 is one of my favorite JRPG's. Linear, but a great combat and leveling system.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nexus TK, game just turned 21 years last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently Donkey Kong for the Game Boy. Despite being a Mario title, a lot of people aren't aware of it. It introduced the triple jump and backflip that are used in a lot of the 3D games.

Grandia 1 and 2 are getting HD remakes on the Switch. Grandia 2 is one of my favorite JRPG's. Linear, but a great combat and leveling system.
    Almost awaiting those two more than ffvii remake, considering the price tag of the remake but, if it looks as good as...well huge filesize confirmed for vii.

I got a switch for botw, will play it again for grandia
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Space Chasers in the early 1980s:

Astrotit PC game:

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

While not really obscure I've only ever met one other person that has played Xenosaga.

There was an arcade game at a church I used to go to, I think it was called GunBird? A vertical scrolling SMUP with different endings depending on the combination of characters used to beat it.

There's one pretty old computer game that I don't remember the name of. You play as a bard(?) and it's gameplay is kinda a mix of classic Mario and classic Zelda. Also classical music is constantly playing in the background. I really hope someone knows what game I'm talking about...

One of my absolute favorite games as a kid. I've only met two other people that knew of this game: The friend that introduced me to it, and someone who went on to be one of my best friends in high school. I don't think Square even knows this game exists.

World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Liaku View Post

One of my absolute favorite games as a kid. I've only met two other people that knew of this game: The friend that introduced me to it, and someone who went on to be one of my best friends in high school. I don't think Square even knows this game exists.
    Oh my goodness, I was going to say Threads of Fate too ! I loved playing Mint, I kept doing the NG+ over and over until it was irrelevant. Rue had the better story though, but Mint had the gameplay.

The other one I was going to mention is this:

Luther made this game pointless, but Urgo was fun to play if I wanted a challenge. Game had an amazing soundtrack too. I recommend looking up the Iron & Blood OST on youtube. I haven't met anyone who's played this. The game was a flop, sadly, I wanted a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Oh my goodness, I was going to say Threads of Fate too ! I loved playing Mint, I kept doing the NG+ over and over until it was irrelevant. Rue had the better story though, but Mint had the gameplay.
    I love Mint. She was definitely more fun. I always told myself that if I ever got into cosplaying I would do a Fancy Mel cosplay. Hasn't happened yet, but we'll see. I have a friend that's really into cosplaying so I'm sure she'd help me out of I ever did it. Maybe I'll get one or two people actually recognize who I'm supposed to be.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obliterator (MS-DOS, 1989)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdVlBvB6FNA

There was also a version on Amiga released the year prior.

ALSO

Hunter Hunted - another sidescrolling action/shooter released by Sierra for PC in 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3-V9SqDzc
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2019-07-18 at 01:50 AM.

Legends of Terris on the AOL UK Games Channel. Apparently it's still active (www.legendsofterris.com), but I haven't played it actively since roughly 1998. Back then, the highest number of simultaneous players online that I ever recall seeing time was around 600.

Last time I checked it out was a few years ago, and I think I saw maybe 10-15 people on at once. It was a MUD, so it was kind of my first taste of an MMORPG. I would be shocked if anyone here has ever played it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Miner VGA. May the hair on your toes never fall off.

https://www.playdosgames.com/online/miner-vga/

Jill of the Jungle and Xargon were pretty great too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quasar Commander on the TRS-80, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaku View Post
    I love Mint. She was definitely more fun. I always told myself that if I ever got into cosplaying I would do a Fancy Mel cosplay. Hasn't happened yet, but we'll see. I have a friend that's really into cosplaying so I'm sure she'd help me out of I ever did it. Maybe I'll get one or two people actually recognize who I'm supposed to be.
    Honestly if I saw a cosplay of Fancy Mel I'd probably think someone was just trying to be a school girl. The bunny ears might give it away for me, maybe...A stuffed Poppul Purrel might help too!