Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rumble Racing, used to love that game but so far I haven't met someone who knows it
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Septerra core, pc game from the 90's was a great game but no one really played it
    What do you mean no one really played it? I had my whole classroom play it at the time. Guess it helped that we had a long haired girl in our class called Maya, she looked very much like the main char.
    I even remember when Septerra Core appeared, it was around the same time FF8 and Diablo 2 did, in 99. It's actually pretty funny, because I'm doing a replay of it right now (have started a couple days ago).
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-07-18 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post

Yo, is that the same Rayearth game that was released on the SNES, or is it completely different? Rayearth was my first anime.
    No, the Saturn one was an action RPG (played like SoM) and the SNES one a turn based deal.

ALSO for while we're on the subject, I just bought this two hours ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Knigh...4AAOSwRrJdD9dT

I skipped out on its original release two years ago and its been out of stock for awhile but not OOP. Real cheap at $50 too. I paid $150 for the season 1 DVD boxset back in 2001.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Shadow Run I guess outside of the people I met playing it nobody I ever met heard of it..
    Hi Sephurik

Street Racer on SNES. Don't know how rare this game is. The Soccer mode was legendary!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Makz- View Post
    Street Racer on SNES. Don't know how rare this game is. The Soccer mode was legendary!
    I had that on my Sega Mega Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    World of Warcraft
    Kind of absurd that this is probably the one game in this thread you cannot dig up and go play lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Virtually every game I owned on my Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 would have been obscure enough simply because most of the users on this site aren't old enough to remember those systems.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Virtually every game I owned on my Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 would have been obscure enough simply because most of the users on this site aren't old enough to remember those systems.
    Yars' Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Beachhead, Archon II, Paradroid.

Iji. Side scroller shooter/Pacifist option

General Chaos, Road Rash, Contra and Herc's Adventure.
    Do you hear the voices too?

A few more, why not?

https://www.old-games.com/download/5514/rival-realms

Straight up WC2 ripoff that I have never heard mentioned anywhere. It has individual troop gearing and experience with maps that often revolve around adventuring across it over base building. The downside is once you figure out how to train your troops effectively you can start a map with a bunch of noobs and end up experienced/geared to the teeth. That is BEFORE you start engaging the enemy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAM_(video_game)

DN3 conversion that I probably played on one of those freebie discs the used to give out with magazines.

"This horrendous Duke Nukem 3D conversion should have stayed on the Net as freeware." lol.

https://www.gog.com/game/jazz_jackrabbit_collection

The platformer that never made it. Ok, *someone*, if not a lot of people must have played this one. Never heard anyone talk about it though. Was never as good as earthworm jim but I remember playing it a lot. I think it was the "holiday hare" missions I had my hands on. I tried to play it a while back and it was waaaay too fast. How did I manage?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Gorky 17

10 cents

Dark Earth a rare example of adventure game elements mixed very well with combat. had a pretty good story, you could genuinely do anything you like (although trying to kill plot critical characters in the prologue section would result in your instant death but it always made sense that it did) and the story would unfold differently depending on your decisions (including the option to transform completely into a monster). even now it stands up as a good game, but it was fairly obscure despite positive reviews

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Vex was originally a 3DO game.
    Unless it was made with a different name on 3DO, it was released on PlayStation 2, GameCube and Xbox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexx

- - - Updated - - -

I mentioned this one earlier, but I'm still curious if anyone here had played it.

Weapon Lord https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaponlord This game was super brutal, and just as brutal to play. The combos and special moves were pretty hard to pull off, but the fatalities were awesome!

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panser Dragoon Saga - still hard to believe it had voice acting back in 1998.

Among many other Saturn games I assume, as I was one of those rare Saturn fan boys back in my teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently Donkey Kong for the Game Boy. Despite being a Mario title, a lot of people aren't aware of it. It introduced the triple jump and backflip that are used in a lot of the 3D games.

Grandia 1 and 2 are getting HD remakes on the Switch. Grandia 2 is one of my favorite JRPG's. Linear, but a great combat and leveling system.
    Donkey kong for gb was one of the first games I finished. I think before that was star fox, I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    https://www.gog.com/game/jazz_jackrabbit_collection

The platformer that never made it. Ok, *someone*, if not a lot of people must have played this one. Never heard anyone talk about it though. Was never as good as earthworm jim but I remember playing it a lot. I think it was the "holiday hare" missions I had my hands on. I tried to play it a while back and it was waaaay too fast. How did I manage?
    I've played at least the first Jazz Jackrabbit a bit, I pretty much just remember it as a Sonic clone except you had a gun...