Thread: About sco tweet

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    What exactly is funny in that? Because we have already seen

"Oh wow 4k views, you can all come to real stream"
    "Oh wow 4k views, looks like this was more like RedBust"
    "Oh wow 4k views, you are all just sellouts"

Redbull stream and all the guilds who are working with RedBull are being targeted constantly.
    If you look at pretty much any of the RWF threads, you would see Method is being "targeted" about as much as anyone who went with the Red bull stream instead of the Method stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Even when Exorsus got the world first in Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, Method was still vastly more popular. Method's brand is so big in every facet of the competitive WoW that I don't see how a guild can realistically compete with them popularity wise.
    I agree. Without sponsorship and help with exposure nothing will compete with Methods history and popularity. Have to realize tho that Methods approach to raiding has been more on a professional level akin to e-sport, where most of their competiton has raiding as a sideshow when they get home from work.

Red bull inviting and sponsoring guilds to participate is a good step to level the playingfield imo.

I am however abit worried of what a professional raidingscene on e-sport level will do to the game for the rest who enjoy raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Insane argument. Can't face the facts?
    are you old enough to know what a fact even means?

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    are you old enough to know what a fact even means?
    You know the discussion is won if the other party is trying to ad hominem you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You know the discussion is won if the other party is trying to ad hominem you.
    Can you win a discussion? or are you just mixing debate and discussion?
    Edit. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    I agree. Without sponsorship and help with exposure nothing will compete with Methods history and popularity. Have to realize tho that Methods approach to raiding has been more on a professional level akin to e-sport, where most of their competiton has raiding as a sideshow when they get home from work
    It's even more than the sole raiding aspect. You wanna watch pvp? Method Black in Europe, Method Orange in North America. Wanna watch M+? Method NA versus Method EU in the MDI finals. The Method approach "if you can't beat them, buy them" gave them a monopoly. I feel like every competitive WoW streamer (both in pvp and pve) is streaming for Method. Even the likes of Drjay, who never raided with Method. Voci (who left Method more than one year ago) is still streaming under Method's tag. Method has so much streamers under their tag that they have basically zero competition.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-07-18 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squj86

So, what are your toughs here?

After seeing method post about their streaming, looks very clear they got pissed off because red bull tried to do the same thing they were thinking, and probably making then loss money.
    You mean they got pissed off at Red Bull constantly wanting ownership of the entire thing? Red Bull copied Method because Method said no and in terms of viewership and exposure Method are still shitting all over them and I mean proper shitting all over them with an average of at least 40k more viewers constantly.

I'm all for big companies coming in to games to lend a hand and show some support but it seems like Red Bull wanted complete controll so I'm glad Method said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you look at pretty much any of the RWF threads, you would see Method is being "targeted" about as much as anyone who went with the Red bull stream instead of the Method stream.
    This is so false. Method is not being targeted. People who are getting targeted are Method fanboys spreading hate about Red Bull, Limit or Pieces. Even then, there are 10 ad placement selling company (Method) lovers for every 1 WoW community people.

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    I agree. Without sponsorship and help with exposure nothing will compete with Methods history and popularity. Have to realize tho that Methods approach to raiding has been more on a professional level akin to e-sport, where most of their competiton has raiding as a sideshow when they get home from work.

Red bull inviting and sponsoring guilds to participate is a good step to level the playingfield imo.

I am however abit worried of what a professional raidingscene on e-sport level will do to the game for the rest who enjoy raiding.
    The hate from community that was totally fabricated by Method ownership is likely to remove any Red Bull involvement and with them any competition for Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    This is so false. Method is not being targeted. People who are getting targeted are Method fanboys spreading hate about Red Bull, Limit or Pieces. Even then, there are 10 ad placement selling company (Method) lovers for every 1 WoW community people.

The hate from community that was totally fabricated by Method ownership is likely to remove any Red Bull involvement and with them any competition for Method.
    Ok bud. I'll go with what's actually happening in the treads and you can go with what you want to be happening in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Ok bud. I'll go with what's actually happening in the treads and you can go with what you want to be happening in the threads.
    Just take a look at the viewernumbers and you know what's happening.

just one thing... it was silly from redbull to try to make world 1st race without guild that got 80% of world 1sts in last 5 years... both method and redbull should reach an agreement... also since its method and they know everyone in wow and everyone wants to cooperate with them they will obviously get better casters as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    just one thing... it was silly from redbull to try to make world 1st race without guild that got 80% of world 1sts in last 5 years... both method and redbull should reach an agreement... also since its method and they know everyone in wow and everyone wants to cooperate with them they will obviously get better casters as well...
    I think it was confirmed by Method in Uldir, that their goal with streaming was to create a bigger interest in the race and the cutting edge scene. From that perspective none of this is silly, more exposure is better so its working out either way.

Also Method is probably keenly aware of the downsides when there is little to no competion.

are people even watching guilds other than method?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    are people even watching guilds other than method?
    Sure but the problem is that its not fun to watch Pieces struggling on a Boss when you've already watched Limit/Method struggle on that boss for hours previously.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I really am hoping blizzard steps in. Run it like they did the Mythic dungeon invitational, and host it them selves and hooking up with the top guilds and their production teams. It can be done I think and would be interesting.

Currently I watch a bit of the streams on twitch and enjoy watching the race. Before all we could do is here whispers and wait for the photo of the boss kills. Now we can get to see the progress in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I really am hoping blizzard steps in. Run it like they did the Mythic dungeon invitational, and host it them selves and hooking up with the top guilds and their production teams. It can be done I think and would be interesting.

Currently I watch a bit of the streams on twitch and enjoy watching the race. Before all we could do is here whispers and wait for the photo of the boss kills. Now we can get to see the progress in real time.
    I don't see how it's feasible realistically (even if I like the idea). It would imply a specific ruleset, Blizzard would need to change the way raids are released worldwide... It would be a nightmare to organize imho, and a considerably more difficult task than organizing the MDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I don't see how it's feasible realistically (even if I like the idea). It would imply a specific ruleset, Blizzard would need to change the way raids are released worldwide... It would be a nightmare to organize imho, and a considerably more difficult task than organizing the MDI.
    All of that is true, but i can be done if they think there is money in it. But I don't think they will do it yet at least. They are most likely letting the guilds set it up as they are doing. Which is a shame in one way. I am just glad we can actually see the race in real time now really. I just want that to continue

The problem here is that Blizzard wont be able to pay players for coming to the event. Its just way too expensive for the return. Only reason Method wants Blizzard to step in is because they have established their position with their sponsors and holding the event on their own costs them money. If Blizzard would step in Method would be making alot more money compared to any other guild there is. Or even compared to Blizzard. Since their costs would be almost nothing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    This is why i asked. Method said that chinese guilds will be on germany for the race. How they will handle that 1 day after lockout?
    theyll handle that or their families will be killed by their government. filthy commies

All of that is true, but i can be done if they think there is money in it. But I don't think they will do it yet at least. They are most likely letting the guilds set it up as they are doing. Which is a shame in one way. I am just glad we can actually see the race in real time now really. I just want that to continue
    I thought about that a bit when a friend asked me the same question:

- How can you determine which guilds will participate? You can qualifiy to the MDI by running the same dungeons than in the MDI competition, but how would you qualify for an upcoming raid that hasn't been released yet? On which basis? Previous ranks? That seems arbitrary. On PTR testing? Even more arbitrary.

- Small teams have access to the tournament realm to prepare for the MDI, but is Blizzard willing to give access to the server to 20-25 raiders multiplied by the number of guilds involved?

- What happens if a guild that is not qualified claims world first?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-07-19 at 12:44 PM.