10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Exactly.

My least favorite thing about Fates was despite them swearing that each game would stand on its own, it felt like you were missing the story if you only played one.

Also that is the tiniest Joshua I've ever seen in your sig.

(At least, I think it's Joshua, the tiny sprites are really just by hair at that point)
    It is Joshua (best swordsman in all FE, FIGHT ME)

Sadly the signature limit sizes mean because of his animation it has to be shrunk.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/14651...r-battery-life
    Yay, time to get a switch, whenever this releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I'm going to have to trade in and upgrade.

That battery life increase is too good to pass on.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/14651...r-battery-life
    Yay, time to get a switch, whenever this releases.
    Yep called it, people expecting it to be a pro but getting the power consumption down was a bigger priority then creating a 3rd spec sheet devs have to optimize for.

The BoTW estimate up from 3 hours to 5.5 so pretty nice bump.

Switch Lite is going to be a piece of junk, good only as long as the undetachable Joycons last. Given some games, and even upcoming games (like Luigi's Mansion 3) your Joycons won't be long. The Joycons wear our and then you have a piece of junk, needing repair.

Switch Pro is really anti-climatic. Longer battery life. Woopty-doo! I guess it's important if you are away from electricity for longer periods of time, but if you are just lounging .. buy an extension cord .. it's much cheaper. Plug the sucker in, it's really not that hard.

Very disappointing. RGT85's video:

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably cause it's not called a Switch Pro. Not sure what people expected to be honest. Given that the specs seem to be all the same, it's more than likely a die shrink. Going from a 20nm TSMC hot garbage to 16nm or 12nm TSMC would be a big improvement, power consumption should be around 40%/60% reduction (depending on which process used). Highly doubt they're going for 7nm or 10nm given the expense.
    People hype themselves up to the moon with nonsense then get disappointed when reality sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Switch Lite is going to be a piece of junk, good only as long as the undetachable Joycons last. Given some games, and even upcoming games (like Luigi's Mansion 3) your Joycons won't be long. The Joycons wear our and then you have a piece of junk, needing repair.

Switch Pro is really anti-climatic. Longer battery life. Woopty-doo! I guess it's important if you are away from electricity for longer periods of time, but if you are just lounging .. buy an extension cord .. it's much cheaper. Plug the sucker in, it's really not that hard.

Very disappointing.
    It isn't a Switch Pro? It's literally just a revision that has a better battery and nothing else changed, what-so-ever. And on the point of the Switch Lite, we don't know what kind of joy sticks they'll be using for it. Do you really think after an extra 2 years of R&D they're going to use the exact same kind as the original switch in a dedicated handheld console?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will still likely be some slight performance bumps with the new model but nothing huge. I'll be getting one because DQB2 makes my current model sound like a fucking wind turbine in docked mode.

Will be keeping the old dock though for easy monitor/tv switching.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Why do people assume these are joycons? They aren't the same thing. They basically made the Switch lite a full-blown portable like a 3ds. It even has a true d-pad for pete's sake. Who's to say they didn't use the same tech as the 3ds joystick with just a look similar to the main Switch?

Any portable system could have parts that wear out over time; this should be no different. But of course this is an anonymous message board, people wouldn't be themselves if not complaining...

10+ Year Old Account

It is not Switch Pro. It is just the regular Switch, using newer and smaller CPU die probably just because they ran out of the bigger and more inefficient ones the original model had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    There will still likely be some slight performance bumps with the new model but nothing huge. I'll be getting one because DQB2 makes my current model sound like a fucking wind turbine in docked mode.

You arent the only one. I think thats the game issue as it uses quite a lot of resorce. I get turbine sounds after a while even in handheld mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You arent the only one. I think thats the game issue as it uses quite a lot of resorce. I get turbine sounds after a while even in handheld mode.
    Indeed, its a great looking Switch game outside of the frame rate at times.

Some screens I took on the first night of playing:

I call this piece 'Twenty Frames, Too Far Away...'

lol

I do feel about about two family members that just bought a Switch after I warned them to wait until Sep/Oct. Oh well
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The only people thinking there was going to be a "pro" or "new" version were people not paying attention and/or just hopelessly speculating. Every sign was pointing to a possible die shrink that would improve battery life and give, if any, very minor performance boosts like faster load times and more steady/higher frame rates, possibly more or different/faster RAM, larger storage, and possible a better screen. Nothing coming from Nintendo, nor the printed rumors from WSJ and other locations considered a vastly upgraded or docked/TV only, more powerful device. Being anticlimactic is the fault of others for over-hyping something with no evidence to back up that hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post

Highly unlikely. Performance will be exactly the same. Devs aren't going to want to design games around 3 different set of specs, it will be clocked the exact same as current Switch is... Just using much less power to reach those clocks giving it longer battery life.

Well the MMO we have all been wanting to come to The Swich will be here Aug 6th....

DC Universe.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/07...-release-date/

Back in May, Daybreak Games announced it was bringing its popular, free-to-play, and slightly dated MMO DC Universe Online to Nintendo Switch this summer. Fast-forward to today, and it was revealed when exactly the popular MMO is coming to the Nintendo console. After a daunting period of development full of challenges and adjustments, the game will arrive on Switch next month on August 6.

Unfortunately, accounts and characters from other platforms can not be transferred to the Switch version of the game. Why? Because it connects only to Nintendo accounts. In fact, it runs on its own server separate from other platforms as well, however, cross-play could come in the future, according to Daybreak Games.

That said, Daybreak Games pledges the Switch community will be rolled right into the game's community. Further, the port will be in-line with other versions.

"It's very important to me that all of our communities stay the same and up to speed," said Leah Bowers, Executive Producer on the game. "I didn't want the Switch to be in a book all to itself; I wanted the other communities to benefit from the improvements that we were making and vice versa."

"Bringing the game to the Switch was something that's very close to my heart," added Bowers. "Nintendo was the first console I really connected with; and yet, I associated the brand with first party or platform games. But when the switch came out, it blew my mind and highlighted the possibilities that were there.

For those that don't know: DC Universe Online first launched all the way back in 2011 via the PS3 and PC. It then came to PS4 in 2013, and then Xbox One in 2016. The game is eight years old at this point, but it still commands a pretty robust community, which will now be expanded upon with Switch users. At the moment of publishing, there's been no word of any additional ports.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A good time for anyone to dive in as there should be a decent influx of new players.
    It will not have Cross-Play at release but it will have it at a later date.

So as it stands only Switch owners will be playing together.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC Universe was still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    DC Universe was still alive?
    Yep live and going strong, Has been for quite awhile.

Fills a Niche MMO void that was left by CoH shutting down.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDW: In docked it can drop into the low 20's and in portable it can drop below 20 FPS. Both have performance problems most of the time.

Sadly as much as I was looking forward to playing this tomorrow, Its a hard pass for me until performance is better. The moment your game starts to drop under 20fps is the moment I lose interest.

Also Docked is 1080p and Portable is 720p both with dynamic range that scales down 25% of the base resolution.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-07-19 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Any semblance of challenge is gone. Pokemon was never hardcore but your choice of Pokemon, moveset, and who you put at the front of the party to level up was important. You also had to conserve items during the marathon routes, such as the trek from Mauville to Fortree to Lilycove, or the trek from Canalave City to Snowpoint City, which felt like an achievement to overcome.
    Despite all the issues Sun and Moon (and Ultra Sun/Moon) had, I liked how much easier it was to deal with EVs and IVs for the more... novice competitive (PvPers?) players.

Unpopular opinion: I wish they'd do a hard reboot of the franchise without all the IV/EV/breeding non-sense. Otherwise, make it so you can't breed for stats, encouraging people to hunt and trade for the perfect pokemon. I also cannot fathom why they still have a two game system when wifi trading makes exclusives irrelevant.