The first AMA leak was pretty stupid, I don't know why it was so popular. Probably because it was the "first"
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-07-18 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh please, how? Blood elf Heritage was just an opportunity for Theron to throw one line about Sylvanas to increase the drama when he stabs her in the back later. Tauren Heritage was all about Baine plus a vague plothook. They are in no way similar to what people are proposing like retaking Gilneas or retaking Kezan.
    Blood elf heritage armor questline was important to lore because it referenced Sylvanas. Meaning it was anchored in a specific point on the timeline. I didn't say it was heavily thematically important.

Worgen retaking Gilneas is not really that big a lore moment for anyone outside the Worgen. It is not like any faction or enemy holds the peninsula in an iron grip, it just exists in a limbo. Worgen retaking it would not be as massive a lore moment as one might think.
    It would be if next expansion is a world revamp and the area is used as a faction hub, but even then it would not be that massive a shakeup.

Ditto for Goblins and Kezan. It would be a bit of a lurch of it is reused again, but not by that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The first AMA leak was pretty stupid, I don't know why it was so popular. Probably because it was the "first"
    It was also written well and managed the rare thing of not splurging all over with ancilliary details, or going over the top with fanfiction.

It was not really groundbreaking, but few leaks are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yeah, if they've learned from the backlash the last three expansions, Flying in the next expansion will be available right from launch, either immediately from a trainer, or after a questline/achievement.
    Giving flying back at the start would be a massive step back. Unless Blizz massively revamps flying into something more akin to what it was in TBC, AKA really slow and pretty much as dangerous as just running along the ground.

Flying as it is simply removes a large chunk of the game. Getting mount equipment to give water walking or higher mount speed. Or tanks being immune to dazing. All removed by flying.

Flying was a pandoras box that really should not have been opened, especially not in the way that we got it. Because Blizz has struggled for 3 expansions now trying to get it back in, and the reason is simple. The game is worse off for it. Sure, it feels good to get it, and being able to skip stuff that is trivial is always nice in an RPG, but flying is just too powerful a tool, and i can guarantee you that if the choice was between TBC flying, except with even more mobs that daze you, or the system we have now. Many would prefer the system we have now.

Assuming Blizzard remembers, I could see the Goblin Heritage questline being a continuation of the feud between the PC Goblin and Gallywix
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Assuming Blizzard remembers, I could see the Goblin Heritage questline being a continuation of the feud between the PC Goblin and Gallywix
    Either that, or just loads of explosions. Cannot imagine Goblin heritage will be about their origins or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    PC lost that years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is aimed to stormwind if you look at it isn't? and i bet it can be turned.

Well people bring up because blizzard said it will shoot.
    No, on both accounts. It's aimed at somewhere between Ironforge and Undercity, and the entire construction is solid. It can only pivot, and not a whole lot of that, either. Unless they pull some bull with turning the whole island.

For that matter, it should probably blow up before actually firing at anything, and not just because it is goblin made.

So unless you sail a fleet in front of it, it's not going to do much of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    PC lost that years ago.
    With the war going on, its easy to see gazlowe making a deal to the bilgewater goblins and getting all of them at his side, while Gallywix gets fucked by it and joins the void.

Yeah, if they've learned from the backlash the last three expansions, Flying in the next expansion will be available right from launch, either immediately from a trainer, or after a questline/achievement.
    Make it available right from the start but tie it to an excessive questline. And no ****** reputation requirements.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, on both accounts. It's aimed at somewhere between Ironforge and Undercity, and the entire construction is solid. It can only pivot, and not a whole lot of that, either. Unless they pull some bull with turning the whole island.

For that matter, it should probably blow up before actually firing at anything, and not just because it is goblin made.

from the wik:

However, one can find a telescope inside the main facility which is aimed at Stormwind City.
    i never saw/read anything saying it can't be turned

the other things are speculation from your part

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Make it available right from the start but tie it to an excessive questline. And no ****** reputation requirements.
    Just make it like Wrath. Buy flying at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Just make it like Wrath. Buy flying at max level.
    Nah that’s fairly boring. I am fine with it being locked behind exploring or questing the new zones or as I said, make it a very excessive questline that takes time but no rep or time gating. Buying is the easiest way yet very unspectacular.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure if this "backlash" is not just same people screaming over flying every expansion, just like with High Elf "issue"? When we have serious backlash, devs change stuff next expac (lack of world content in WoD, legiondaries in Legion, dailies in MoP) or even next patch (Azerite armor).

Don't want to stir things up, but I noticed that:

1) some people hate flying
    2) some people hate beign stuck on ground
    3) some people are fine with compromise (for example me - I like that I can explore world from two perspectives, it refresh world a little halfway into expac)
    4) some people don't gve a shit

If group 2) is outgrown by 1) and 3) - sorry then Pathfinder in one way or another will stay.

There was only really backlash during the period when we thought they'd not add flying ever again to current content.
    The compromise happened as a result of that backlash, and since then it's been the new fact for the game that we have flying, but not until the content is old.

I highly doubt there's enough backlash to make them go back on said compromise, and if they did, it'd more than likely be to never allow flight again. Like they say, if we can't fly, they can perfectly craft how they want us to take in the content. Which is nice speak for "we can cut corners and you'll never know, huehuehe".

I hope they'll prove me wrong, but they seem to love the control they have as well as the fact that they can now make this whole big deal out of flying becoming available.

its aimed at stormwind via magic portal at the end.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    from the wik:

i never saw/read anything saying it can't be turned

the other things are speculation from your part
    Go to Azshara and actually look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    its aimed at stormwind via magic portal at the end.
    They'd have to explain why this cannon can do it, and no other can. Or, for that matter, why they haven't yet.

Go to Azshara and actually look at it.

They'd have to explain why this cannon can do it, and no other can. Or, for that matter, why they haven't yet.
    blizzard doesnt explain shit. what company do you think this is?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    blizzard doesnt explain shit. what company do you think this is?
    They actually do, there isn't going to just suddenly have a big void ball of doom come out of nowhere, they'll explain it. Seems like you just have a hard on for screwing with Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They actually do, there isn't going to just suddenly have a big void ball of doom come out of nowhere, they'll explain it. Seems like you just have a hard on for screwing with Alliance.
    No, just Stormwind and humans in general, they deserve it.

They can do whatever they want with the canon, nothing really stops them.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, the firing of the goblin cannon will be a part of the Goblin Heritage Armor questline, but not necessarily at Stormwind. Right now, it seems like the war is being targeted to close with everyone being anti-Sylvanas...Baine, Saurfang, Thrall, and Lor'themar are already setting up a fight against her with more Horde leaders seemingly joining as the story goes on. With that in mind, it's hard for me to see the Goblins shooting at Stormwind simply during this time, even if Sylvanas demands it. Goblin characters also had that run-in with Gallywix which never really got fully resolved, which perhaps will come in to play as well.

My guess is that the cannon is fired, but redirected to Kezan instead under Gallywix's orders. This is where Gallywix betrays Sylvanas, working with the PC to alter and shift the cannon while building it up publicly with what Sylvanas asked for. It will be made to look like an accident, perhaps with an explosion going off at the right/wrong time to distort the aim. With this simple setup of Goblin trickery, Gallywix shows that he is dedicated to the Horde, willing to destroy the old home of the Goblins in favor of the setup in Azshara.

The Worgen Heritage Armor questline seems almost certain to happen within Gilneas. Perhaps going back and revisiting the graveyard where Greymane's son was buried.