Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If gilgoblins become playable its only cause they saw how shit mechagnomes looked compared to vulpera.
    Vulpera are going to be a neutral allied race once we get Peace Mode for cross faction PvE in the 9.X.X pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Every current Horde allied race was, at one point, neutral. Has the Ankoan banner been in Boralus though? Where?
    Next to the island vendor behind the jinyu

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh they kind of add that to a lot of models, some that will never use it.

They basically said they outright create all new races the same way in case they want to be used as allied races.

8.2.5 will most likely be vulpera/mechagnomes, and then 8.3.5 will prob have a pre-order of gilgoblins and the waveblade ankoan potentially for alliance (not 100% sold on that idea for either side). With a wildcard race of lightforged/lightbound/lightressed undead or something for alliance and maybe sethrakk or something else for the horde if they choose to do 4 allied races again, which would def sell pre-orders. I'm not really sold on either, but who knows.

Vulp/mechagnomes have been guessed since beta, recent data mining only further proves vulp.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post

like I said earlier in the thread which nobody acknowledged, there's already a toy(s) from nazjatar that turn you into both kelfin and ankoan so both of them are highly highly unlikely to become allied races if this doesn't outright eliminate them as an option (it does).
    There's a toy that turns you into a saberon... still had it as a shape shift form

Toy turning you into a draenor orc....guess what allied race we have

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    There's a toy that turns you into a saberon... still had it as a shape shift form

Toy turning you into a draenor orc....guess what allied race we have
    okay but this is a toy that literally just came out, why would they release the patch with a toy that turns you into them only to turn around and make them playable right after? there's no chance at least not any time soon

okay but this is a toy that literally just came out, why would they release the patch with a toy that turns you into them only to turn around and make them playable right after? there's no chance at least not any time soon
    I'm with you on that, if Kelfin and Ankoan were really on the table then they wouldn't do something like that.

The existence of toys far from eliminates them because:

1. There are many toys that turn you into races without full sets of player animations. One example is the toy that turns you into an Arakkoa. What this means is that having a full set of animations is not a requirement for blizzard to make something into a toy. There are also many existing toys that turn you into existing races. As a result that can't be used as an argument for why they won't happen.

2. "It is amazing how hard bullies bend over facts to trash a group of people just because they support something another person hates. And yes this is directed at you l, Ray. Grow some manners before you attack people and claim bias. You are the only biased person here. "

Don't start with me. You guys are the ones who constantly lob us into the category of furry haters, contrarians, tell us that the race we love looks like crap, and spread this bullcrap that nobody wants this race. You also use hiveminded group of individuals to shut down attempts for discussing the possibility of this as an allied race. I have not once said one nasty thing about Vulpera in this thread(their fanbase is another story), but you guys have been repeatedly trash talking Gilgoblins left and right and trying to discourage any discussion of them as a potential allied race.

3. "Vulp/mechagnomes have been guessed since beta, recent data mining only further proves vulp."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-106

The cutscene is murky waters because of this statement. Take note of this part: "we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!

Lets also not forget that Nazjatar has only been out a short time and that cutscene thing wasn't discovered till 8.2. It is possible that there could be more indicators of it as an allied race later.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2019-07-18 at 11:56 AM.

Dude, you’re the one being “mean” in this thread, all because you can’t accept that the thing you want is very unlikely. Move on mate, we all have a race or Allied Race that would be awesome to play, but aren’t happening, we just aren’t delusional.

I am more than justified in what I have said and I will continue to stand by it. Like I said. I have not once said a nasty thing about Vulpera in this thread and these guys bash Kelfin on a regular basis as well as use their Vulpera hivemind systematically discourage and shut down conversation pertaining to this race as a possibility. The is not just a one off thing. The Vulpera community does this pretty much anytime discussion of Kelfin as an allied race comes out. These folks know very well that they are doing this and I am not going to be silenced by them.

That being said, I do want to point out something. I do realize that not all of the Vulpera supporters are like this. As I understand some of them even like kelfin too. To those such people who are like that and aren't engaged in earlier said aweful behaviors, I have a great deal of respect for you. I frankly wish both of our communities could get along. However from the very beginning it was pretty clear that wasn't going to happen. My problems lies with some of the really hardcore Vulpera supporters who are actively lobby for Vulpera as a race and regularly bash and try to silience discussions about this as an allied race.

There is a very real chance Kelfin could become playable. I already explained why dozens of times and I haven't even gone through all the reasons in this thread and well dismantled a lot of these so called sure fire leaks/confirmation of Vulpera being playable.

Also FYI: Let me make it very clear. There are a lot of people who would love kelfin as an allied race. More than you guys realize. However the Gilgoblin community isn't as organized. If it wasn't for all the effort the Vulpera Hivemind put into recruiting, promoting and datamining, they would be less discussed and talked about on average than Kelfin. The real source of their popularity comes from their central organization's efforts, but not on its own merit.

Man...I love World of Warcraft too. But I don't LOVE World of Warcraft. Some of y'all need to just get a body pillow and a happy sock and calm the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    The existence of toys far from eliminates them because:

1. There are many toys that turn you into races without full sets of player animations. One example is the toy that turns you into an Arakkoa. What this means is that having a full set of animations is not a requirement for blizzard to make something into a toy. There are also many existing toys that turn you into existing races. As a result that can't be used as an argument for why they won't happen.

2. "It is amazing how hard bullies bend over facts to trash a group of people just because they support something another person hates. And yes this is directed at you l, Ray. Grow some manners before you attack people and claim bias. You are the only biased person here. "

Don't start with me. You guys are the ones who constantly lob us into the category of furry haters, contrarians, tell us that the race we love looks like crap, and spread this bullcrap that nobody wants this race. You also use hiveminded group of individuals to shut down attempts for discussing the possibility of this as an allied race. I have not once said one nasty thing about Vulpera in this thread(their fanbase is another story), but you guys have been repeatedly trash talking Gilgoblins left and right and trying to discourage any discussion of them as a potential allied race.

3. "Vulp/mechagnomes have been guessed since beta, recent data mining only further proves vulp."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-106

The cutscene is murky waters because of this statement. Take note of this part: "we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!

Lets also not forget that Nazjatar has only been out a short time and that cutscene thing wasn't discovered till 8.2. It is possible that there could be more indicators of it as an allied race later.
    You can love Kelfins all you want. That is your right. We all get excited about stuff we like. But just STOP trying to summon some sort of war between fans of allied races that doesn't exist anywhere else but in your own imagination. It is hidden bullying, nothing else.

In TBC they have a toy from a dungeon that makes you a blelf

Why make a toy if you just released the race

In TBC they have a toy from a dungeon that makes you a blelf

Why make a toy if you just released the race
    not a valid comparison

not a valid comparison
    It kind of is.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    It kind of is.
    literally not at all. the blood elf toy came at the very end of the expansion, blood elves had already existed in game for a long time. that's releasing a toy long after you've already released the race. ankoan/kelfin is the opposite case in which the toy would be coming first. ask yourself why the hell they would bother adding the toy only to release them as an allied race shortly after?

on top of that, blizzard is trying to sell race changes and leveling grinds with allied races, why would someone care to race change to the new allied race/level a new one when they just got a toy that gives them the same thing? it's just not even remotely something modern blizzard would do

not a valid comparison
    Your argument was originally
    "They just added a toy to change you into that race therefore they won't add the race"

My counter
    "They had a toy that made you a saberon and druids had a talent that allows the change. They added a toy to change you into a maghar orc and we got the race."

New argument
    "Well they won't add it anytime soon"

New counter
    "They released a toy that allowed a swap to a race recently released in that expansion"

Why wouldn't the inverse be valid??

We are probably not going to get the races until 8.3.5 which won't be for anywhere from 9-12 months from now.

There's already evidence supporting gilblin and ankoan races that include but is not limited to

Ankoan banner in boralus since launch near other allied race hubs
    Gilblin animations
    Story leading up to the similar cases as previous races

No evidence to suggest we won't be getting them

- - - Updated - - -

literally not at all. the blood elf toy came at the very end of the expansion, blood elves had already existed in game for a long time. that's releasing a toy long after you've already released the race. ankoan/kelfin is the opposite case in which the toy would be coming first. ask yourself why the hell they would bother adding the toy only to release them as an allied race shortly after?

on top of that, blizzard is trying to sell race changes and leveling grinds with allied races, why would someone care to race change to the new allied race/level a new one when they just got a toy that gives them the same thing? it's just not even remotely something modern blizzard would do
    Does a toy give racials??
    Unique class combos??
    Unique dialogue??
    Unique story??

No

Does a toy give racials??
    Unique class combos??
    Unique dialogue??
    Unique story??

No
    you may care about those things but the casual majority primarily only cares about the aesthetics of the race they're playing which they can easily obtain via the toy. it's not happening mark my words

There's already evidence supporting gilblin and ankoan races that include but is not limited to

Ankoan banner in boralus since launch near other allied race hubs
    Ankoan banners were only introduced in 8.2. They're the ones named deepjinyu in wowmv's files.

Observe.

Here's the one for Jinyu that's found in Boralus:

Here's the Ankoan banner:

And here's the BfA beta files showing no Ankoan banner in 8.0.1:

Gilblin animations
    Not really evidence since as far as creature models go since, as seen here, Quilboar Brutes, a strictly NPC model, have 316 animations:

while the male Tauren, who's rig they share, have 317 animations:

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Ankoan banners were only introduced in 8.2. They're the ones named deepjinyu in wowmv's files.

Observe.

Here's the one for Jinyu that's found in Boralus:

Here's the Ankoan banner:

And here's the BfA beta files showing no Ankoan banner in 8.0.1:

Not really evidence since as far as creature models go since, as seen here, Quilboar Brutes, a strictly NPC model, have 316 animations:

while the male Tauren, who's rig they share, have 317 animations:
    Seems like this might be a relic of the models being copied & pasted, then edited into the form they want.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Seems like this might be a relic of the models being copied & pasted, then edited into the form they want.
    Tell that to Ray.