"All Eyes Shall be Opened" 8.3 and BFA Ending Speculation

So in Call of Cthulhu, the mythos that the Old Gods are based off of. The Protagonist uses a knife to enter the sleeping city of R'lyeh or in our case sleeping city of Ny'alotha. "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming" At the very end, the Protagonist of story uses the knife to summon Cthulhu. It ends with Cthulhu rising out of the waves. What are the odds that 8.3 will end with all the Old Gods rising and N'Zoth saying "Now, all eyes are open! "

None of that happens in that story.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think he means to the Call of Cthulhu game that is in steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post
    What are the odds that 8.3 will end with all the Old Gods rising and N'Zoth saying "Now, all eyes are open! "
    Very little. Even for nostaliga it wouldn't be very good to face the same old gods again. There isn't enough raids to make it feasible and to make the encounters anything but something stupid. Given the Loa, Elune, Death, and Decay being central "background" themes of BfA it is likely that the next expansion will be based on some sort of wild/loa type things. I had an idle thought the other day that maybe the third death is that of Elune.

All eyes shall be opened makes me feel that it is just sleeper agent awakening. Remember we had the quest to have the hidden eye or to purge it. Or that there is some back door implanted in the curse of flesh to "control" somehow.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Has the Horde still the Dagger? If so, maybe.

Also Blizzard has already proven that they can recycle old bosses if they change them dramatically, just look at Kil Jaeden, first time we met him he was just a torso trapped in a pool a few addons later we meet him on his new bugatti spaceship and bam an entirely different fight. So yeah having already fought cthun and others isn't really a dead end for that theory.
    Last edited by OpieOP; 2019-07-13 at 03:46 AM.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

I think we will be seeing them again. The old gods are the most asked for raid bosses. Theres been so much build up to a black empire type expansion. I would be very surprised if it's not the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Very little. Even for nostaliga it wouldn't be very good to face the same old gods again. There isn't enough raids to make it feasible and to make the encounters anything but something stupid. Given the Loa, Elune, Death, and Decay being central "background" themes of BfA it is likely that the next expansion will be based on some sort of wild/loa type things. I had an idle thought the other day that maybe the third death is that of Elune.

All eyes shall be opened makes me feel that it is just sleeper agent awakening. Remember we had the quest to have the hidden eye or to purge it. Or that there is some back door implanted in the curse of flesh to "control" somehow.
    Be ready for the Megazord Old God. After all, C'thun was an Eye, Yogg-Saron the Mouth, N'zoth the Mind and Y'shaarj could be accounted as the Emotions or whatever

Maybe he'll revive them to be fused into a gigantic abomination ! Just missing Ragnaros' legs and we're good to go

But yeah I think this sentence is only referring to the PC's eyes (Gift of N'zoth). Maybe some deeper lore about how the Light is in fact as Evil as the Void (could be interesting to see Anduin's reaction to this kind of reveal).
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-07-13 at 07:50 AM.

So I was thinking about it, that In previous lore has been stated that the old gods where kinda at war between each other.

So my belief is, can it be that after being improsoned for so much time Nzhot powers are diminished (so maybe this is why we saw him as smoke in EP cinematic) and probably is actual goal is to take the power of the other old gods has his own.

I think it can make kinda sense considering the fact that in 8.1.5 xal got free from the dagger, even if now his in horde hands.

I think this can be a concrete possibility mowing the fact that they mostly behave for the self, and this is probably why he saved azshara. It was stated than Nzhot was the weakest of the old gods, probably he needs a share aid to beat yogg-Sharon and c'thun

Whenever I hear or read that quote I have to think of Ysera, who was the one that always had her eyes closed, because she was watching the dream even when she walked and talked in the 'real world', but suddenly in Cata she had opened her eyes. Cata, N'Zoth's first major move. Blizz at the time said, that this was very significant, but apart from there being some nightmare stuff we never saw an explanation why the Dreamer had suddenly become the Awakened and opened her eyes for the first time.
    Was there something in the nightmare that changed after Yogg Saron had died and that opened her eyes? If so, she never told anyone.
    Maybe everyone will see the same thing, maybe whatever it is is so scary that you never want to close your eyes again?
    I really don't know, but Ysera was the first being where it made a significant difference if her eyes were open or closed and that happened when N'zoth started setting his plans into motion.

My current take: 8.3 Ending Sylvanas will use the dagger to try and take control of N'zoth. However while under command now Azshara jumps in somehow and is the one who gets sucked into the dagger in stead. 'Her third death will usher in our comming.' I think then all the old gods awaken. Realizing what happened, Sylvanas sends the heroes into the shadowlands to escape. Que 9.0 which starts us off in the Shadowlands.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

confirmed power rangers in wow... we need Old God Killer Titan Megazord Powah now!

I think we'll get an expansion one of these years where all the Old Gods are resurrected and attempting to re-establish their respective Black Empires. C'thun in Kalimdor, N'zoth in the Eastern Kingdoms, Yogg in Northrend and Y'shaarj in Pandaria. For an expansion that turns the entirety of Azeroth into end-game content.

-Azeroth opens her eyes and finally Wakes up to the threat
    -NZoth, now free goes to the only place in Azeroth which he can finally finish up with the plan of corrupting the world soul, which is Silithus.
    -He merges himself with the remains of C'thun and his former brothers, we See Ulduar almost in ruins with the keepers badly injured.
    -The raid is a Race to the Heart, where we need to stop him from achieving his plan.
    -Ny'Alotha ends up being a City hidden beneath Kalimdor, closer to the heart, a pocket dimension ruled by the Old gods and its minions, and the original point where all were born. Cue to Bael modan, It was an entrance to Ny'Alotha which the dwarves closed.
    -Azshara and her naga were dragged by him, he drains their powers, reverting them to Nelf state, where he uses it to Destroy the Sword of Sargeras and open a portal into Ny'Alotha, the wound is now a giant gaping chasm leading to it.
    -Azshara is the raid Boss, we free her and she reverts back to Nelf, she regrets everything that she did to azeroth in her search for power, and warns us that Sylvanas is with N'zoth and that she plans to use the dagger on him, and that there's something else lurking in the shadows, watching all of them.
    -We face Nzoth, Sylvanas appears and uses the Dagger on him, Bringing shadowlands along with her so we can kill him and the Four for good.
    -The plan fails in the end because we were all played by Daggerfu, who uses the essences of both the void and the shadowlands to bring the Black Empire back from the ashes, Sylvanas sacrifices herself to stop Xal'atath, while Azeroth herself shows up and teleports all of us to a safer place.
    -Habemus the Third Death of an entire world, Azeroth Merges herself with the banshee queen to save her both, Sylvanas lives once more as a Titan.
    -The planet starts to Crumble, as the black empire starts to attack all places in azeroth.
    -Both factions sees that they were all played by years of conflict caused by the void, and mostly Xal'Atath and N'zoth, that as long as they continue being alliance and horde the enemies will become stronger with their mistrust.
    -Factions dissolve as everyone moves to rebuild and defend their homelands.

"All eyes shall be opened" is clearly meant for Lor'themar, since he is present and he wears an eyepatch.

I believe his eye will get cured in 8.3

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the idea behind the Old Gods is that they were all fighting against each other until only one remains to infest all Azeroth. Now that he is free and the only Old God remaining, I really doubt N'Zoth will revive any of his rivals.

As for "all eyes shall be opened", I believe it simply means that everyone will know the truth about N'Zoth and what happened during the last few expansions, starting with MoP. Every expansion lead to the other since MoP. Maybe that was all part of the master plan?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth will reveal he is the shadow behind the curtain.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I believe he is insinuating that Blizzard are unoriginal enough to literally rip off the main story elements of the Call of Cthulhu game, just substituting the names of the dagger and Big Bad.

Which I believe instantly. Blizzard are many things, but they absolutely love nicking story elements from other mythos that they find neat. Plus this fits with pretty much everything we know about the story so far. Magic dagger, old god realm we haven't explored yet that's ripe for a content patch, and a setup for a Return of the Black Empire expansion. It ticks all the boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    "All eyes shall be opened" is clearly meant for Lor'themar, since he is present and he wears an eyepatch.

I believe his eye will get cured in 8.3
    N'zoth: Why give you back one eye when I could give you two?
    Lor'themar: You've got a deal!

Has a 8.3 patch been confirmed by anybody at bliss at this point ? Just in case the story ends in 8.2.5
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    Has the Horde still the Dagger? If so, maybe.

Also Blizzard has already proven that they can recycle old bosses if they change them dramatically, just look at Kil Jaeden, first time we met him he was just a torso trapped in a pool a few addons later we meet him on his new bugatti spaceship and bam an entirely different fight. So yeah having already fought cthun and others isn't really a dead end for that theory.
    Add in the fact we only faced a small amount of their power

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    -Azeroth opens her eyes and finally Wakes up to the threat
    -NZoth, now free goes to the only place in Azeroth which he can finally finish up with the plan of corrupting the world soul, which is Silithus.
    -He merges himself with the remains of C'thun and his former brothers, we See Ulduar almost in ruins with the keepers badly injured.
    -The raid is a Race to the Heart, where we need to stop him from achieving his plan.
    -Ny'Alotha ends up being a City hidden beneath Kalimdor, closer to the heart, a pocket dimension ruled by the Old gods and its minions, and the original point where all were born. Cue to Bael modan, It was an entrance to Ny'Alotha which the dwarves closed.
    -Azshara and her naga were dragged by him, he drains their powers, reverting them to Nelf state, where he uses it to Destroy the Sword of Sargeras and open a portal into Ny'Alotha, the wound is now a giant gaping chasm leading to it.
    -Azshara is the raid Boss, we free her and she reverts back to Nelf, she regrets everything that she did to azeroth in her search for power, and warns us that Sylvanas is with N'zoth and that she plans to use the dagger on him, and that there's something else lurking in the shadows, watching all of them.
    -We face Nzoth, Sylvanas appears and uses the Dagger on him, Bringing shadowlands along with her so we can kill him and the Four for good.
    -The plan fails in the end because we were all played by Daggerfu, who uses the essences of both the void and the shadowlands to bring the Black Empire back from the ashes, Sylvanas sacrifices herself to stop Xal'atath, while Azeroth herself shows up and teleports all of us to a safer place.
    -Habemus the Third Death of an entire world, Azeroth Merges herself with the banshee queen to save her both, Sylvanas lives once more as a Titan.
    -The planet starts to Crumble, as the black empire starts to attack all places in azeroth.
    -Both factions sees that they were all played by years of conflict caused by the void, and mostly Xal'Atath and N'zoth, that as long as they continue being alliance and horde the enemies will become stronger with their mistrust.
    -Factions dissolve as everyone moves to rebuild and defend their homelands.
    This is almost extremely believable

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I believe he is insinuating that Blizzard are unoriginal enough to literally rip off the main story elements of the Call of Cthulhu game, just substituting the names of the dagger and Big Bad.
    Yeah I somehow did not recognize that being reference to the recent game.