Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sorry but each department doesn’t all communicate with eachother. Rendering this leak fake as hell.
    Have Blizzard ever stated that? I can't imagine the art team not working with writers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Oh, so even shittier story than BFA's "faction war"? Now we'll have "race wars"? Tbh that makes this leak plausible, I remember WOD, everyone was like "timetravel? this is such a shit story they won't do it" and then they did it. And it sucked.

Blizzard will realize nobody is left playing alliance, and everyone is playing blood elves or zandalari trolls so Lor'themar will marry Talanji and unite the world under the banner of Blood Zandalari Elf Trolls.
    I am glad we will finally have more focus on races instead of factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fraznak View Post
    Nothing will happen to Azshara in this xpac.
    Pity.
    8.2.5. will have war campaign mostly centred around Nathanos.
    More than previous ones?
    8.3 will have Thunder Bluff and Stormwind as the main points of interest.
    Stormwind seems interesting.
    And there should be some twist with final bosses.
    Like always.
    Vulpera will be Pandaren Allied Race
    How? Vulpera were attacked by the Alliance.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Have Blizzard ever stated that? I can't imagine the art team not working with writers.

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad we will finally have more focus on races instead of factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Pity.

More than previous ones?

Stormwind seems interesting.
    Like always.

How? Vulpera were attacked by the Alliance.

The OP is Fraznak, it's a known fake leaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Well you just said a whole lot of nothing. Seriously you know so much about the next xpac, but don't know more about the more immidiate patches? Really? You're implying they're fridging Sylvanas? (& nzoth)
    I simply don't care about current game, didn't bother myself to investigate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    More than previous ones?
    He should be dealt with once and for all.

currently planned that there will be no more levels added in expansions after that.
    Yeah right, they're going to remove leveling which for many is the best part of the game? I don't think so. There might be a squish but levels will still go up after that. Personally I see no reason for a level squish. Stat squishes are all that is needed. They could squish gear levels but not player levels.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply don't care about current game, didn't bother myself to investigate it.
    Considering it's the most immidiate way to know if you're accurate: I'm gonna press (X) to Doubt.

https://youtu.be/-npITwtxuN0?t=3605
    this seems to support certain parts of the leak btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Yeah right, they're going to remove leveling which for many is the best part of the game? I don't think so. There might be a squish but levels will still go up after that. Personally I see no reason for a level squish. Stat squishes are all that is needed. They could squish gear levels but not player levels.
    I don’t see the point of levels.

You have to finish all the quests in all the zones in order to unlock things. Levels have stopped being meaningful several expansions now.

Leveling in classic and BC was meaningful because you put points in the talent tree.

A bit of info from the early development of the next expansion:

World Revamp. There will be no whole world revamp, but a chunk of zones at the start of the xpac and then other zones will be added with patches.

• First bunch of the revamped world is whole Lordaeron and Wetlands. Gilneas, Menethil Harbor and Silvermoon all will be proper cities. Arathi will be same as in BfA.

Level Squish. Amount of levels will be squished and currently planned that there will be no more levels added in expansions after that.

Dynamic Zones. New and revamped zones will be less level-gated and you can do content in the updated zone both with your BfA character and with a new one.

Events. Evolution of World Quest and Assaults system. There will be events in all zones after the event starts you will have accesses to a unique set of quest and zone objectives. One zone will have a set of different events and more will be added with patches for all zones.

Patch Cycle. Xpac planned to be much longer with a big amount of patches.

Gameplay. Class reworks is in the work. Also, rework of a few systems like GCD and auto-attack.

Races. Allied races will have slight rework to setup pattern for the addition of more unique races.

Story. There will be no one big storyline for xpac, but quite a few different ones and patches will be dedicated to different themes.

• 9.0 content will be centred around Lordaeron.
    • There will be the continuation of BfA storyline, but much more in background.
    • The bulk of the story will be centred on different races and in-factions fightings.
    • Horde will be struggling to decide that leadership it wants.
    • The Alliance will be on the brink of dissolution because different leaders will have conflicting goals.

The codename of xpac is "The Dark Age"
    Honestly, I don't believe shit when it comes to leaks but I like yours because it doesn't sound too far-fetched. I really wish some of these things will become real.

World revamp is necessary, because the quests from Cataclysm are getting too old and feel irrelevant, the graphics are definitely not up-to-date and don't fit the standards of modern wow (WoD and beyond). Revamping in batches makes sense. They can focus on each zone a bit more - that wouldn't be possible if they were about to redo both the entire EK and Kalimdor. They already did it with Silithus, Arathi Highlands, Darkshore and even Tirisfal Glades. People don't mind if a zone gets changed during an expansion as long as it makes sense storywise.

Level squish is basicaly confirmed at this point. We just don't know the details. I personally think that Blizzard will surprise us all and the max level cap for the next expansion will be even more dramatically lower than the usually expected 60 levels. I think it will be something between 30-50 and the pacing will be significantly increased. Reaching a new level will get you a new talent or an active/passive ability.

Both world quests and assaults are pretty good features so it only makes sense to not see them go.

Allied races are a great feature and even though Blizz stated that it's something that's very closely tied to BfA story and its gameplay, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they would not give up on it just yet. I think the Character Creation UI should also get a major overhaul and that allied races should just be added to the list of core races. They will still continue to be known as "Allied races" because players will still need to unlock them in order to play them. However the requirements for each race should be significantly reduced after an expansion ends. I also think they shouldn't add more than two races for each faction per expansion (so 4 races max).

I definitely like the idea of bigger/longer expansions as long as they get more content-filled patches. I don't want fake patches that bring just two new pepe outfits. However Blizz stated that they are happy with the current pacing of content and will probably continue doing it the same way as they did with Legion.

The members of the Alliance really need to shake things up a bit if the devs want the story to move on. And the Horde needs to calm down at least for a sec.

I also really like the name The Dark Age. It sounds and is really simple but it could also mean a lot of other things, that could pop up at different points during the expansion.

Well, let's see.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-07-18 at 10:14 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMon View Post
    I couldn’t agree more with you, absolutely.

I’m going to call this fake, purely because it’s dull and lame. No Tinkers or any real fleshing out of races. I need Mechagnomes and Tinkers.

who wants tinkers..who cares about tinkers? they will be the new monks.

We need warcraft not, steamcraft

Ah so this is where you ran off to after being called out for your 'leaks' on the SoL Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    who wants tinkers..who cares about tinkers? they will be the new monks.

We need warcraft not, steamcraft
    If you want a simple Fantasy setting, good Humans & friends vs evil Orcs, go play LotRO or some other shitty MMO.

Warcraft has had Steampunk elements since at least Warcraft III.

lol... more like xpac info you decided to made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will realize nobody is left playing alliance, and everyone is playing blood elves or zandalari trolls so Lor'themar will marry Talanji and unite the world under the banner of Blood Zandalari Elf Trolls.
    This is the most believable thing in the thread... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I don’t see the point of levels.

You have to finish all the quests in all the zones in order to unlock things. Levels have stopped being meaningful several expansions now.

Leveling in classic and BC was meaningful because you put points in the talent tree.
    There are always things gained during the leveling process besides getting gradually stronger. They have never stopped being meaningful.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

lmao wow!!

There are always things gained during the leveling process besides getting gradually stronger. They have never stopped being meaningful.
    I disagree.

Mobs get stronger as you level (scaling). You don't feel any significant power boost until you are about +100 ilvls (360+) over the standard green gear you get from questing.

You only get new spells every 10 levels or more and they don't even help you feel like you're stronger. Just another button for the rotation. This could be changed to things like, "Clear this expansion, get this skill."

Leveling is an illusion. Not a lot of people can see or realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the last bullet about the alliance is the only one that seems plausible
    Not really. Going from 0-60 in terms of conflict is pretty bad writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Level squishes are dumb. People think they are good but it's just cosmetic, It will take twice the time to gain a level.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    accounts that post this trash should be banned immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Not really. Going from 0-60 in terms of conflict is pretty bad writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Level squishes are dumb. People think they are good but it's just cosmetic, It will take twice the time to gain a level.
    Yeah, I see nothing wrong with players getting to a level of 200 or even more. It's a measure of accomplishment in the game that should not be lost or reduced. As far as the time needed to gain levels, I would be all for it taking longer. Actually much longer than it always does in a new xpac. I would like it to be impossible for anyone to reach max level in less than 60 days. To me , the leveling, questing, and exploration are the best parts of any expansion. The end game stuff is just the fluff and that includes the raids.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2019-07-22 at 09:27 PM.

"The Dark Age"[/B]
    wait wat?! it will get even... darker?!

yeah, sounds quite reasonable and something that could be deducted from story/gameplay etc but also something that won't happen as blizzard might pull any random sht out of their a$$es for no good reasons at all, so...