Blizzard did it again [Harbinger's Inscrutable Will]

https://www.wowhead.com/item=167867/...onus=4798:1517

Another season ruined by pve trinkets.

Good Job!

ps: it was noticed that there will probably be other broken trinkets from pve, but this one is ridiculous.

How do you feel about it?

5+ Year Old Account
    This one has been around for months?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    This one has been around for months?
    Not nerfed as requested.
    Instead they decreased again voidstone and defensive stuff.

It literally was nerfed, it pacifies you now rather than just silencing you so you can't do anything for its duration. It also received an indirect and extremely irritating nerf with the cyclotronic blast trinket being nerfed, the spears will now also interrupt you casting that trinket.

Most of the nerfs are targeted at people who should not be using the trinket in the first place using the trinket for pvp, most notably melee players using the harbingers without worry of the silence effect and void stones ridiculous shielding, not the actual effect of the trinkets themselves as they already come with their own drawbacks, for example using harbingers regularly ruins my mind controls and if it procs on a melee who is on top of me it's extremely bad news.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-07-18 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    It literally was nerfed, it pacifies you now rather than just silencing you so you can't do anything for its duration. It also received an indirect and extremely irritating nerf with the cyclotronic blast trinket being nerfed, the spears will now also interrupt you casting that trinket.

Most of the nerfs are targeted at people who should not be using the trinket in the first place using the trinket for pvp, most notably melee players using the harbingers without worry of the silence effect and void stones ridiculous shielding, not the actual effect of the trinkets themselves as they already come with their own drawbacks, for example using harbingers regularly ruins my mind controls and if it procs on a melee who is on top of me it's extremely bad news.
    At first I even didn't think about the possibility that one of the old pve trinkets couldn't have been addressed, in terms of dmg.

Yesterday I just happened to see some top rank arena, where the trinket did around 13% of the damage and no cc broken ( mostly due to the positioning ).

That's insane.
    On one hand ppl complains about benthic gear farm, which could give items which are more suited for raid than mythic items themselves, but on the other hand, I can't help but hate the fact that pve trinkets once again ruin the pvp scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    At first I even didn't think about the possibility that one of the old pve trinkets couldn't have been addressed, in terms of dmg.

Yesterday I just happened to see some top rank arena, where the trinket did around 13% of the damage and no cc broken ( mostly due to the positioning ).

That's insane.
    On one hand ppl complains about benthic gear farm, which could give items which are more suited for raid than mythic items themselves, but on the other hand, I can't help but hate the fact that pve trinkets once again ruin the pvp scenario.
    so this is the sample size of one arena gamed played

i do wonder how big the impact really is

especially since CoS was not played that much and i figure it is only farmed by pvp players now (if even), and those tend to be the bit worse kind of pve players -> making the chance to succeed and even kill uu'nat low
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    so this is the sample size of one arena gamed played

i do wonder how big the impact really is

especially since CoS was not played that much and i figure it is only farmed by pvp players now (if even), and those tend to be the bit worse kind of pve players -> making the chance to succeed and even kill uu'nat low
    Lfr was/is available to any possible 2v2/3v3 team ( if this could be somehow useful, I was referring to a 395 ilvl trinket ). And I am talking about teams because you must have somebody who passes it to you.

The real question is why they don't do something about it ( even the fact that tournaments don't allow pve trinkets it's a joke, given the current situation ).

Lfr was/is available to any possible 2v2/3v3 team ( if this could be somehow useful, I was referring to a 395 ilvl trinket ). And I am talking about teams because you must have somebody who passes it to you.

The real question is why they don't do something about it ( even the fact that tournaments don't allow pve trinkets it's a joke, given the current situation ).
    why should they? ists a mmorpg gear should have impact.
    its not broken at all

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    why should they? ists a mmorpg gear should have impact.
    its not broken at all
    Voidstone, Diamond prism, harbinger, etc were broken items.
    But the problem is that they wasn't available to those who play wow for PvP.

Currently, they moved the voidstone into an essence, which is PvP related ( and so, available to anybody who wants to have it ).
    That's a fine choice, because:

1) It is something PvP Related
    2) It is something you can work on it, and not a random drop from a different game mode.

How do you feel about it?
    I have no issues with burst damage from essences/trinkets/abilitys, nothing will one-shot my charcter like we used to in the past.

But the passive heal/shield items with cumulative 6-7k PASSIVE HPS in rated pvp is more than just annoying. Some allready tanky specs turn with this heal items into real pvp tanks.

There is a reason why PvP tank specs got nerfed againd and again. There is nothing to counter against passive heal without any interaction from the player. With the amount of raiding players forced into PvP for the essence farming it creates a really unsetting situation for everyone in pvp.

Allowing such ridiculous raid items into pvp is allready stupid, but forcing pve players into pvp is making the bigger issue.
    -

I have been getting one shot by guided motorcycle trinket from mechagon instead of the 40k dmg according to the tooltip i hae been getting hit 3 or 4 times by it for over 120k dmg in at least different instances.