Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

(IMO) LFR is in a good spot Difficulty wise.

Like the title says I feel LFR this expansion is in a good spot difficulty wise. Almost every single boss has mechanics you have to do or you wipe. The vast majority of the bosses don't feel like target dummy's.

My only complain honestly with LFR this expansion is the same one I have had for awhile now. It takes way too long to release each wing. One wing a week starting on the same week Mythic Raiding unlocks would be nice.

But overall I'm personally happy with the current state of LFR.

What about you?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says I feel LFR this expansion is in a good spot difficulty wise. Almost every single boss has mechanics you have to do or you wipe. The vast majority of the bosses don't feel like target dummy's.

My only complain honestly with LFR this expansion is the same one I have had for awhile now. It takes way too long to release each wing. One wing a week starting on the same week Mythic Raiding unlocks would be nice.

What about you?
    Stopped doing LFR years ago, and maybe do 1 wing per tier once, MAYBE. Since Mog last boss, i dont think i have wiped more than a few times all those years. Im sure if A) the tank is clueless and B) i did it more frequently, maybe there would be more wipes, but yeah, its basically been a slot machine for a very, very long time. Hey, if ppl enjoy it, more power to em, i dont mind at all, but i find it to be the most tedious "group" content in the game, even more so than Warfronts.

It isn't really my cup of tea or aimed at me. I would prefer if they went back to the wod model but I'm jumping ship to classic.

Bfa is the titanforged,lfr player, and daily quest grinders game. You faught for it now treasure it.

WoD model was better, Normal and Heroic are more than fine for group content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

All modes are at a good difficulty. Thing is, this playerbase is just too stupid to do them. I don't even mean that insultingly. They legitimately just can't do it.

Now if only it had a more MoP-esque reward model, and didn't immediately feel useless to anyone who plays the game but doesn't want to do "real raiding". Or is that better now? I quit before the first raid even finished coming out. (I got so annoyed, I even stopped doing that the one time.) It was like that in Legion and WoD too, and I hated it. But Legion's content was interesting enough on it's own merits to keep me interested, WoD's and BFA's sure weren't. It meant I basically only did a LFR once or when I felt enticed by the role bonus (which was virtually never). I miss valor points and Legendary quest chains that required item drops. (That stuff also not existing has had the knock on effect of making heroic dungeons virtually pointless as well)

7+ Year Old Account

Level of complexity doesn't much matter in general, rather its (such LFR system) influence on system in progressoverlapitemizationcontent obsolescence (suppression of motivation) matters, also stands apart mutual people's involvement (socialization/automation/servers-identity and all other so unloved by a lot of you themes). Everything else is just a poetry. What follows from this? Nothing good for this game system in LFR kind of additions (at the same time, “looking for group” channel's "green eye"-evolution (if cut out all elements of automation and cross-server interactions from it) is quite correct, the only thing is that it should just supplement, but not cancel channel itself), nothing at all... never were.

ps. This is tantamount to disabled "getting new crutch" joy, since science isn't yet in position to return his lost limb back... in a good spot
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-09-21 at 08:27 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Idk, when I did uldir lfr just after 8.1 hit it reminded me why I hate lfr, why I think tf/wf are garbage systems and was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for me and wow.

When I can go into group content as the lowest geared character and be top 5 dps and no deaths when most people had 20ilvls on me that's sad. In this particular lfr there was another druid that was 380ilvl and every boss fight got out dpsed by me.

It doea not really bode well when things like this happen and people claim the difficulty is in a good spot.

i'm fine with the difficulty

the fact i have to play with randoms / generally rude people, is what makes me skip LFR (or pugs in general)
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

LFR is the most frustrating and toxic part of raiding in WoW. The paradox of Blizzard trying to create a more inclusive raid difficulty but creating the most anti-community one is sad.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

It's a good difficulty at the moment, but I no longer find any enjoyment. It was fun seeing the content when I didn't have time for a regular raid roster, but with the group finder now it's easy enough to PuG any time of the day. Maybe it's time to retire it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    All modes are at a good difficulty. Thing is, this playerbase is just too stupid to do them. I don't even mean that insultingly. They legitimately just can't do it.
    If someone cant do this. It doesnt mean that he is stupid... Game now is pretty much more like action game. Its more about reactions and reflex = inteligence ?!?! not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I do wish they’d release the wings faster to be honest.

I’ve no incentive to do Normal or Heroic due to the gear, story and transmog sucking and I just want to get the quest done without having to clear the entire raid.

I usually don’t bother with LFR and just clear the raid on normal, but there’s no point this time around.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-19 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    If someone cant do this. It doesnt mean that he is stupid... Game now is pretty much more like action game. Its more about reactions and reflex = inteligence ?!?! not really.
    Not entirely true, there are plenty of studies between the correlation of reaction time and intelligence: https://scholar.google.com.sg/schola...7wDzEQgQMIGTAA

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is interesting, because normal feels like LFR, you literally don´t need to follow mechanics aaaall that much til the last two bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Not entirely true, there are plenty of studies between the correlation of reaction time and intelligence: https://scholar.google.com.sg/schola...7wDzEQgQMIGTAA
    So 16 year olds are the most intelligent people on the planet and everyone get stupider as they get older?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

What about you?
    I did the first wing of Ashara last night. Went in blind and learned as we went. I feel the mechanics are good, and not too punishing for LFR. I agree that this is a good difficulty for it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, I have recently started playing again just a few weeks ago. I am behind the curve. Between WQs, Benthic Gear, and LFR, I might be geared enough to join an actual raiding guild soon. I'm still not over 400 yet, but close. I can do 20k DPS which I feel might be enough to allow me to fill a spot in a raid as a fill in. So using LFR as a stepping stone has been a useful tool for me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    --snip--
    I actually just came back like 2 days ago myself, Got my Paladin and Mage to 380 so I could do the first wing. I play casually and have no plans to do NM+ raiding at all.

That's a core reason why I'm actually enjoying the difficulty of LFR currently. It gives me enough challenge to enjoy it and not be smacking a target dummy like WoD and the first part of Legion had.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So 16 year olds are the most intelligent people on the planet and everyone get stupider as they get older?
    That's not what I said nor implied. There is simply a correlation between reaction time and intelligence, as slight as it is, it is real. As you age your brain becomes better at some things, and worse at others. For example the peak age for concentration is in your 40s or something if I recall correctly.

3+ Year Old Account
    The only good place for LFR is in the trash.