View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilnarth View Post
    And replace him with who exactly? Because I and no one else in the movement is voting for another simpering corporatist. Do you not think if there was a viable electoral alternative Corbyn would have been pushed out long ago?
    Who knows, but we aren't going anywhere with Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    The European Commission’s vice president, is now saying what we are all thinking.

'My God. They're idiots'
    He's definitely not wrong.

My only concern with these recent developments is that they are more of the same: The Commons handily agreeing on things they do not wish to have happen but still jack all on what they do want. They need to reinvent the art of the compromise if they are going to stop this train-wreck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Keir Starmer would do an infinitely better job of running her majesty's opposition. Certainly knows the law better than most of the blunderheads waffling in Parliament, has kept his nose clean of all scandals and drama over the last few years, no clashing external interests and plenty of years experience in the public sector.

Struggling to think of anyone across the entire of Parliament who could do a better job tbh, or the job that sits on the bench opposite.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

Thanks. Does that mean his opposite number should of abstained then? Or is the government in the business of sabotaging itself by giving key members the day off (not that this would in anyway be surprising)?
    Yes. It isn't an official arrangement but like most of the HoC it's a gentleman's agreement between, in this case, the Whips offices.

It mainly stays this way so one party can't take advantage of some of the other's members being ill or otherwise unavailable to attend parliament (sickness and parental leave are the common reasons, could also be because they are attending government business in some other part of the country/world). It's also not a particularly good look to have MPs being wheeled through the lobbies in wheelchairs while on morphine as happened to Naz Shah in 2017 when the Tory's refuse to make allowances for her.

Worth noting that pairing does not happen in votes that are 3 line whips (the votes parties take most seriously)

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally the EU side starts to speak up, after years of childish insults from the UK side.

Timmermans on BBCs panaroma.

They ran around like idiots. They had no plan, a lot of grandstanding but no plan. referring to fools like Davis.

So everything we expected but wasn't confirmed till now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Finally the EU side starts to speak up, after years of childish insults from the UK side.

Timmermans on BBCs panaroma.

They ran around like idiots. They had no plan, a lot of grandstanding but no plan. referring to fools like Davis.

So everything we expected but wasn't confirmed till now.
    Have you seen that documentary about Verhofstadt? He was very blunt in that video.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The UK civil service has a world wide reputation for excellence. So the entire world was pretty much dumbfounded when the negotiations for Brexit started. No one could really believe the lack of professionalism.
    Ha! Talk about lack of professionalism:

https://sciencebusiness.net/framewor...talks-research

UK science minister, Chris Skidmore, says there’s now a “glimmer of hope” for reaching a flexible future research relationship with the EU, following last week’s decision by Brussels to extend grant payments to UK-based researchers even in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

This hints at a more pragmatic approach from the EU, Skidmore told a parliamentary committee on Wednesday.

In an emergency measure to ease the UK’s pain of departure from the EU, Brussels last week agreed that UK organisations could be eligible for EU funding for the last two months of 2019, even if the country leaves without a deal on October 31, the current departure date. Without this arrangement, EU research funding to the UK would have ceased overnight.
    Offer them the hand, get your arm chomped off... The EU suggests two more months, to end with the year, they start talking a) so they can make side deals aside from the WA and b) let's just get more money into 2020!

Crazy. Absolutely lunatic.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still believe the issue is entirely their political class though. I have worked with the UK civil service when I lived and worked there (mostly with HMRC) and they were always excellent. But it is hard to keep incompetent politicians out of things. And it doesn't even have to be a majority of them, just a significant minority and they need to be high enough in power. In Greece we have a saying about politicians. The scum floats.
    Oh, it most definitely is an issue with their political class (and 52% of the electorate of 2016).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Have you seen that documentary about Verhofstadt? He was very blunt in that video.
    Not yet is it online?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it most definitely is an issue with their political class (and 52% of the electorate of 2016).
    Cambridge Analytics is a big reason why a lot of people got duped same with how Trump got elected, abuse of personal data combined with misinformation campaigns.

Following politics and such due to the excess of information is a full time job almost.

Not yet is it online?
    Yes, it was linked in this thread.
    I found this link.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Being the 51st state looks the better option don't you think?
    So how do you feel about heavily processed meats soaked in lye, GMOs, and high fructose corn syrup in almost everything, including the ketchup?
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2019-07-19 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, it was linked in this thread.
    I found this link.
    Thanks will watch it.

edit: Damn it is long, but it does show how experienced the group behind the EU side is in comparison to the UK who is lacking it all.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-07-19 at 11:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So how do you feel about heavily processed meats soaked in lye, GMOs, and corn syrup in almost everything, including the ketchup?
    I'm alright Jack, it won't be me eating them if I don't want to.

And those in the UK that use food banks will benefit too from, albeit more processed, cheaper food availability. At least they will be less likely to starve...

Honestly, the way some of you here go on about chlorinated chicken etc etc you would think that American food producers are poisoning their people.

On an annual basis I go there, probably unknowingly eat their chlorine chicken and I promise you they are not. The range, price and availability of all kinds of food in the US is delicious and the people there, in the main, extremely healthy.

Thank you for pointing out another benefit of Brexit coming soon to the UK, it is the over regulated EU and its people who will miss out. Especially the starving poor who have to pay inflated prices for their foodstuff due to needless EU red tape and regulation.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its even in the ketchup?!
    Sugar is an easy additive to make something taste better, so sugar is in everything and the cheapest sugar in the US is corn syrup and so it's put in everything. It's an industry that is also heavily subsidized, if you have to know that in the EU they spend a shit ton of money to just prevent an easier lable system that warns people of the amount of sugar present you can only wonder how bad it is in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sugar is an easy additive to make something taste better, so sugar is in everything and the cheapest sugar in the US is corn syrup and so it's put in everything. It's an industry that is also heavily subsidized, if you have to know that in the EU they spend a shit ton of money to just prevent an easier lable system that warns people of the amount of sugar present you can only wonder how bad it is in the US.
    Labelling there's another EU monstrosity for you.

And that would be alright if the EU had any money to start with, but they don't, they steal it through my and your taxes and take a %. After brexit no longer, look how they waste my and your money...

Ridiculous.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Labelling there's another EU monstrosity for you.

And that would be alright if the EU had any money to start with, but they don't, they steal it through my and your taxes and take a %. After brexit no longer, look how they waste my and your money...

Ridiculous.
    yarr we european be pirates going after ye jewels and nuts! peanuts yarr!

10+ Year Old Account
    37% of the electorate. Turnout wasn't 100

This Government has constantly meddled in the civil service, and fucked with its Parliamentarian neutrality that makes it so effective.

The current electoral system is responsible for so many of these idiots, that a complete clueless idiot can simply get the backing of a handful of locals to then be the candidate in a safe seat.

Parliament needs to switch to PR voting, and in my opinion, be downsized.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Peston seems to think that there will be a GE soon.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-19/...s-inescapable/

I'm alright Jack, it won't be me eating them if I don't want to.

And those in the UK that use food banks will benefit too from, albeit more processed, cheaper food availability. At least they will be less likely to starve...

Honestly, the way some of you here go on about chlorinated chicken etc etc you would think that American food producers are poisoning their people.

On an annual basis I go there, probably unknowingly eat their chlorine chicken and I promise you they are not. The range, price and availability of all kinds of food in the US is delicious and the people there, in the main, extremely healthy.

Thank you for pointing out another benefit of Brexit coming soon to the UK, it is the over regulated EU and its people who will miss out. Especially the starving poor who have to pay inflated prices for their foodstuff due to needless EU red tape and regulation.
    If the meat was cheap or from fast food, it took a few chemical baths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its even in the ketchup?!
    I actually goofed. Its actually high fructose corn syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    37% of the electorate. Turnout wasn't 100

This Government has constantly meddled in the civil service, and fucked with its Parliamentarian neutrality that makes it so effective.

The current electoral system is responsible for so many of these idiots, that a complete clueless idiot can simply get the backing of a handful of locals to then be the candidate in a safe seat.

Parliament needs to switch to PR voting, and in my opinion, be downsized.
    37%, fair enough.

Don't think the size of Parliament matters much. The more people you have, the more precise statistics are. Which is generally not the worst idea. The main reason to downsize is probably cost.

I agree that your political system needs an overhaul. I wouldn't even question the Parliamentary Monarchy bit, more the way elections result in... not optimal Governments.