Fastest way to level up

Hey, i played during 3 seasons of D3 and the only way i was leveling was power level by friends.

What is the fastest way to level up first seasonal character without anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Haven't played forever but I think your best bet is massive pulls for the massacre bonus.
    This but only a few classes/build are really proficient at it (Dot WD for example). Just spam regular rifts, get a Leoric crown at the start, craft Sage/Cain and zerg Hard/master rifts depending on clear speed.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

to me lvling is the worst part of the season so i normally wait till next day and just get a power lvl from someone in the power lvling community channels. im in no rush to push the leaderboards and such so it dont bother me waiting till next day to start

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I wait for people to boost me to max level in season, but a few times I was eager and leveld. Always did rifts, from 1-70, in 4man groups at like Master difficulty or something. Went to max level in no time, not that far later than the first max levels those seasons.

Cow event with leveling exp gear sets and the gem that boosts leveling exp and Ruby inside King leorics crown

A helpful hint I learned from a Youtuber is as follows.
    1) Compete the Challenge Rift (rewards a pile of resources)
    2) Max out blacksmith
    3) Collect Kanai's Cube
    4) Craft lvl 70 item.
    5) Boost item to legendary
    6) Extract legendary power
    Some classes are much better at doing this than others. There is a chance you get a worthless legendary power or none at all. Worth the risk IOM.

I joined bounty groups, went fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    A helpful hint I learned from a Youtuber is as follows.
    1) Compete the Challenge Rift (rewards a pile of resources)
    2) Max out blacksmith
    3) Collect Kanai's Cube
    4) Craft lvl 70 item.
    5) Boost item to legendary
    6) Extract legendary power
    Some classes are much better at doing this than others. There is a chance you get a worthless legendary power or none at all. Worth the risk IOM.
    I don't think it's worth the risk, and you can only do it once due to the DB limit. Given that there's usually a great number of possible outcomes and the vast majority of them are useless or near-useless, it's probably a waste of materials.

What you can do, though, is two things:

1 - complete Challenge Rift, level the Blacksmith, craft a lvl 70 weapon, reroll secondaries until you get "reduced level requirement" - this can go up to -30, allowing you to use a lvl 70 weapon at lvl 40 and annihilate everything

2 - gamble for certain legendaries at lvl 1. There's a number of super helpful legendaries for each class available at lvl 1, and it's often the only legendary (or one of two) in its slot so they're easy to get. They include some pretty powerful items, like double Skeleton Mage ring for Necromancer. For Wizard, it's a little special - gamble at lvl 27 to get the Manald Heal ring, which gives you a 30,000% damage proc as soon as you unlock Paralysis - enough to one/two-shot even Rift Guardians at low levels. There's probably spreadsheets floating around with info on what class can gamble what item.

As for the leveling itself, there's various ways to go about it. If you don't know the ins and outs of the game already, one easy way is this:

1. Start the campaign on Hard or Expert
    2. Play through until you reach the part where you kill the Blacksmith's wife - DO NOT TALK TO THE BLACKSMITH ONCE YOU KILL HER but log out immediately.
    3. Set the difficulty to Torment VI and resume the game.
    4. Talk to the Blacksmith to get the experience reward at T6 values, which is usually about 1-2 levels
    5. Lower the difficulty back to Hard or Expert and continue the campaign until the Skeleton King
    6. Kill the Skeleton King. It will always drop Leoric's Crown on the first kill of the season, which doubles gem effects
    7. Go to Adventure Mode and kill an easy boss bounty. The chest will always drop gems. Use a ruby gem in the helm for extra XP, doubled by Leoric's Crown
    8. Do Nephalem Rifts until you are about 65ish.
    9. Do a full round of bounties, Act 1-5 - do NOT turn in the bounty reward at the end until you're lvl 70
    10. Once you're 70, turn in the bounties. You will get a jeweler recipe drop from each bag, allowing you to quickly complete the first stages of the Season Journey

There's probably more efficient ways, but they require some knowledge about the game. Chaining massacres etc. isn't that easy for new players, but is probably faster XP.

Fastest, with no outside help?

Using that criteria - you take a Gem of Ease lv 25, pop it into a socketed class appropriate weapon, take a Skeleton King crown (Leoric Crown?), put a red gem in it, craft a hellfire ring for your class, do rifts on Torment.

Granted you have to have a character than can get those things, but it's not really outside help.

Paragon points?

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Hey, i played during 3 seasons of D3 and the only way i was leveling was power level by friends.

What is the fastest way to level up first seasonal character without anyone help?
    I've played a couple of the seasons - and leveled one of each class, each season - so I have hundreds of paragon points to make a new seasonal character OP at the start of the game. e.g. over 400 points at the start of Season 17, and over 500 now that I've leveled a few classes, run a few set dungeons, worked on season journey, etc.

With lots of paragon points:
    1. start on expert (+100% XP) or master (+200% XP) and get your biggest ruby in Crown of Leoric asap. (but XP boosts from expert/master are much greater than from any Ruby you can put in the crown)
    2. save money and gems for leveling-up the jeweller, and keep the biggest ruby in your crown while leveling
    3. increase difficulty - as you are able - to get the XP gain e.g. Torment 1 = +300%, etc

Without tons of paragon points:
    1. Ouch!
    2. save money and gems fo leveling-up the jeweller
    3. increase difficulty as you are able to.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

3+ Year Old Account

By friends? Like you stand near them and you get exp?

What you need is to craft the highest level of red gem you possibly can as soon as possible, put that in a weapon and win.
    Ideally spamming places where it's possible to crank up a nice massacre bonus or just spam rifts. Put it on the highest possible difficulty based on your killing speed, if you're 1 shotting shit, crank it up. Once it feels like things aren't dying fast enough, time to craft a new weapon and see if you can get that red gem even higher.

Put a red gem in yuor helm too, it's useful but nothing is as useful as killing speed.

Also make a decent lvling build, you don't need a bunch of different active abilities to feel fancy, get the most efficient ressource generator to do as little of that as possible, a good spender to kill as much shit as fast as possible and the rest should be at least 1 movement ability to make things even faster and a buff or something.

If you're spamming rifts, do it in act 2, the path between the NPCs and stash that you need to access after every rift is shorter than in other towns so you save free time simply from being in act 2.

The rest mostly depends on your play style and how experienced you are, it will come as you play.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    By friends? Like you stand near them and you get exp?

What you need is to craft the highest level of red gem you possibly can as soon as possible, put that in a weapon and win.
    Ideally spamming places where it's possible to crank up a nice massacre bonus or just spam rifts. Put it on the highest possible difficulty based on your killing speed, if you're 1 shotting shit, crank it up. Once it feels like things aren't dying fast enough, time to craft a new weapon and see if you can get that red gem even higher.

Put a red gem in yuor helm too, it's useful but nothing is as useful as killing speed.

Also make a decent lvling build, you don't need a bunch of different active abilities to feel fancy, get the most efficient ressource generator to do as little of that as possible, a good spender to kill as much shit as fast as possible and the rest should be at least 1 movement ability to make things even faster and a buff or something.

If you're spamming rifts, do it in act 2, the path between the NPCs and stash that you need to access after every rift is shorter than in other towns so you save free time simply from being in act 2.

The rest mostly depends on your play style and how experienced you are, it will come as you play.
    Well i had hope for some secret leveling methods if i can;t find anyone to boost me . But my friends returned to game too so they boosted me.

Btw act 1 town is slightly better than act 2

I was able to push 150 in averga time - 11min but i was always waiting for someone to bost me so i had no idea how to level alone This is sad because leveling is actually easiest part of the game

I have discoevered on yt that you need to do challenge rift and gamble for usefull level 70 legendary so you can cube it like demon hunter can get fan of knives legendary.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well i had hope for some secret leveling methods if i can;t find anyone to boost me . But my friends returned to game too so they boosted me.

Btw act 1 town is slightly better than act 2

I was able to push 150 in averga time - 11min but i was always waiting for someone to bost me so i had no idea how to level alone This is sad because leveling is actually easiest part of the game

I have discoevered on yt that you need to do challenge rift and gamble for usefull level 70 legendary so you can cube it like demon hunter can get fan of knives legendary.
    Jewel crafter and reforging are too far away in act 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Fastest, with no outside help?

Using that criteria - you take a Gem of Ease lv 25, pop it into a socketed class appropriate weapon, take a Skeleton King crown (Leoric Crown?), put a red gem in it, craft a hellfire ring for your class, do rifts on Torment.

Granted you have to have a character than can get those things, but it's not really outside help.
    I did a Witch Doctor this way, yesterday, took me 41 minutes to hit lv 70. And I farted around in town a bit, can prolly do it in 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the help of other players? A lv 25 Gem of Ease socketed onto a lv 70 legendary, then use the stash to get it on a lv 1, and do a T5+ Rift to be honest...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    7. Go to Adventure Mode and kill an easy boss bounty. The chest will always drop gems. Use a ruby gem in the helm for extra XP, doubled by Leoric's Crown
    This did not work for me. I went to adventure mode, there was a bounty to kill the Butcher. I killed him and no gems dropped from him nor his chest. Is there something I'm missing? A difficulty setting or something else?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I think there may be a level limit on gems dropping. I got some to drop but only some time after level 10.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.