Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gilgoblin would be the most pointless and unwanted allied race yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Gilgoblin would be the most pointless and unwanted allied race yet.
    We’ve been calling them Kelfin...

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Ankoan banners were only introduced in 8.2. They're the ones named deepjinyu in wowmv's files.

Observe.

Here's the one for Jinyu that's found in Boralus:

Here's the Ankoan banner:

And here's the BfA beta files showing no Ankoan banner in 8.0.1:

Not really evidence since as far as creature models go since, as seen here, Quilboar Brutes, a strictly NPC model, have 316 animations:

while the male Tauren, who's rig they share, have 317 animations:
    Possibly get jinyu then

Honestly I'm just wondering why the hell jinyu have a banner at all and my first thought is new race

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you may care about those things but the casual majority primarily only cares about the aesthetics of the race they're playing which they can easily obtain via the toy. it's not happening mark my words
    You mean aesthetics like
    unique emotes
    Racial mounts
    The ability to mog the character
    Heritage armor

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No one cares about these smaller races as off * new * options.
    I mean vulpera, mechagnomes, gilgoblins.. no one seems to be interested in these..
    The only one of these 3 that got a small fan base is the vulpera.
    We can all name 3 other races that are more interesting then these 3.

I'm interested in gilgoblins. I have been since I saw the models.

You being disinterested doesn't mean EVERYONE isn't interested.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

My only question is that if Goblins are getting updated models next patch why bother? The Gilgoblins/Kelfin use textures and the old rig from 2009/2010, as well as entirely reused assets, animations, and recolors from the old models in Cata. The only "new" model is the female, which just has some new textures painted on top of her and the male's ears and feet copy-pasted on. But Heart of Azeroth means nothing, because the Sethrak and Vulpera both have unique animations for it as well, and neither of them are allied races.

If they planned on adding Gilgoblins, why bother not just updating them in advance? The Vulpera already have an updated + modified Goblin skeleton with additional facial bones, real eyeballs and eyelids, and several smoothed out/updated animations. My assumption is that they've basically had the redone Goblin model for x.2.5 done for a while, but wanted to release them alongside Worgen. (NOTE: This is not a post advocating Vulpera, it's about the goblin update.) In order to get them out at this point, they would've had to have already been working on them and the Vulpera show some significant progress with an updated rig.

Maybe we'll see if they're serious if they show off an updated Kelfin/Gilgoblin as well in x.2.5? Personally, not a fan, but whatever. To each their own.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    Maybe we'll see if they're serious if they show off an updated Kelfin/Gilgoblin as well in x.2.5? Personally, not a fan, but whatever. To each their own.
    I kind of expect the Gilgoblins to get a model update together with the Goblins, but if they don't, it could be more evidence that they won't be AR for the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually would really like the Jinyu to finally become an AR, heck maybe even a little more than the Ankoa

on top of that, blizzard is trying to sell race changes and leveling grinds with allied races, why would someone care to race change to the new allied race/level a new one when they just got a toy that gives them the same thing? it's just not even remotely something modern blizzard would do
    The toy does not give you the racials of the race you transform into, have a low duration (5 minutes) with a long cooldown (30 minutes).

EDIT: And no access to the race's eventual heritage armor.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-07-19 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No one cares about these smaller races as off * new * options.
    I mean vulpera, mechagnomes, gilgoblins.. no one seems to be interested in these..
    The only one of these 3 that got a small fan base is the vulpera.
    We can all name 3 other races that are more interesting then these 3.
    Wrong, lots of people want these types races, but have gotten tired of Blizzards constant failure to fix fundamental bugs in playing small races. We use to get dismounted in poodles, we would drown in Dungeons and raids with wet floors, we couldn't make simple jumps because our jumps were proportional to size. The the constant jokes and ridicule from the devs themselves. HAHAHA a gnome player. Oh hey new expansion video, still no Gnome or Goblin. Oh hey, a bunch of new gnome or goblin content, just a bunch of steampunk jokes, 'my aren't you a tall one' /dies in radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The toy does not give you the racials of the race you transform into, have a low duration (5 minutes) with a long cooldown (30 minutes).

EDIT: And no access to the race's eventual heritage armor.
    point is it's enough to make some people not care enough to race/faction change/level one despite not having access to those things, most would be satisfied playing one for the 5 minute duration sometimes and get tired of it. also literally what is the point of the toy existing and being added to the game in the first place if they're playable?

you don't see any vulpera or mechagnome toys around anywhere do you?
    Last edited by gd8; 2019-07-19 at 02:27 AM.

"Seems like this might be a relic of the models being copied & pasted, then edited into the form they want."

My My.. Now you are catching on. Doesn't this at all seem a bit familiar? You remember when early in BFA Vulpera supporters were going nuts over Vulpera getting HOA animations? The truth is that I never believed that the Heart of Azeroth animations or any animations in particular were true indicators of something being an allied race. I knew the HOA animations where there since beta Nazjatar. And you have now indirectly admitted that the animations on Vulpera don't matter either. Cause after all. They were probaby copy and pasted from the goblins.

However there is something interesting I noticed about the promotional tactics of the Vulpera community. Whenever something comes out for Vulpera (even if it is just a tiny piece of normally insignificant evidence), they love to blast it around as though it is confirms Vulpera as an allied race. Ya know why they do this? To hype up the race of course! It doesn't matter if it confirms it or not. It just has to be confirmation with in the eyes of enough people so it matters. I am simply adapting this tactic for my own purposes now.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2019-07-19 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    "Seems like this might be a relic of the models being copied & pasted, then edited into the form they want."

My My.. Now you are catching on. Doesn't this at all seem a bit familiar? You remember when early in BFA Vulpera supporters were going nuts over Vulpera getting HOA animations? The truth is that I never believed that the Heart of Azeroth animations or any animations in particular were true indicators of something being an allied race. I knew the HOA animations where there since beta Nazjatar. And you have now indirectly admitted that the animations on Vulpera don't matter either. Cause after all. They were probaby copy and pasted from the goblins.

However there is something interesting I noticed about the promotional tactics of the Vulpera community. Whenever something comes out for Vulpera (even if it is just a tiny piece of normally insignificant evidence), they love to blast it around as though it is confirms Vulpera as an allied race. Ya know why they do this? To hype up the race of course! It doesn't matter if it confirms it or not. It just has to be confirmation with in the eyes of enough people so it matters. I am simply adapting this tactic for my own purposes now.
    But vulpera also have animations entirely unique to them

Hang on a minute though. You guys were saying shortly ago that animations did not matter? Why the sudden change in heart? They only have about 6 custom animations FYI and only 135 each gender. All of which make sense for npcs. Animations such as the one in which they are shackled and the sleep animation.

These statements have nothing to do with each other. For whatever reason you are still making this about some non existence rivalry between Kelfin and Vulpera. Stop it already.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins have a good chance to be allied race especially considering the rep grind which we all know blizzard loves... But i believe if 9.0 is announced and no indication of Gilgoblins they probably wont be added. AS to the Vulpera, they have a better shot, however if blizzard announces another racial or 9.0 comes and they arent announced either then unlikely they will be added.

point is it's enough to make some people not care enough to race/faction change/level one despite not having access to those things
    And that "point" is wrong. Blatantly so. Because if that true, the "high elf megathread" would not exist since we have the orb that transforms you into a light-skinned thalassian elf.

you don't see any vulpera or mechagnome toys around anywhere do you?
    To be fair, I don't see how that is even relevant to the point. We have playable races in which there are no toys to transform you into, and we have toys that transform you into races that aren't playable.

This gonna be alot of things to discuss about, here we go~!

When you have an entire community of people are willing to lobby outside of Blizzard HQ if your allied doesn't become playable then they have some serious problems. Plus the Vulpera community has a very nasty history of bashing Kelfin supporters and seeing many hurtful things about people who want this as an allied race. Examples of such things:
    I hope you ain't taking that seriously, anyone who would say that are either very excited, eccentric or joking. Going thousends of miles just to stand outside of Blizzs HQ and wave a angry sign. It wouldn't change anything, thats why no one will do it. The Area 51 Meme however...

And nasty history of bashing Kelfin? Myself havn't seen anything of it, then again I havn't really seen any Kelfin supporters either, I know a few Vulpera supports that think that Kelfin could be cool as an AR. I will however admite that Vulpera fans would rather want to see Vulpera as a playable race, than Kelfin. But that goes for any AR fan. You want to see -your- AR playable. I just hope that every one will get their AR eventually-... an impossible dream I know.

1. They often say that anyone who doesn't want Vulpera is a furry hater or just being a contrarian.

I'll explain my reasons for wanting this race a bit later and they are very legit. I just don't want this to get too long.
    It's not uncommon that those who utterly hate Vulpera also hate Furrys, and that they rather see something else then "furrys wet dream playable". Like for say-.. Kelfin! If they later decided to actully play the Kelfin or not is not clear, but as long they don't get to see the Vulpera the better for them or anything else that is NOT an anthropomorphic beast. 'Cause apprently we have too meny of them already as it is, with Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren. Thats ONE hairball TO MANY!

I have also seen people that doesn't even care for either Vulpera or Kelfin, just raise the shoulders and move on. It goes without saying that the are alot of people with different opinions. What ever it is love, hate or doesn't care.

2. Kelfin are often called a waste of an AR slot.

When considering the following races that have come before it, I'd say that no it definitely is not. From the pattern it looks like blizzard is trying to go with a pattern of allied races that are similar in nature to each other. Now the thing to realize about all allied races so far is that they have always been the same racial type and they are always some kind of variant. Vulpera aren't even a type of goblin. They are fox humanoids. Kelfin and Mechagnomes seem like they go great together in pairing.
    It could be both subjectively and objectively of what is a waste or not. It could be argued that Light Forged Draenei and High Mountain Tauren are wasted AR slots since they are just a recolor and new customization options of an already existence core race. Myself love Mag'har Orcs, skin color, hairstyles, etc, but if I am look at them objectively they could be argued to be a waste of a AR slot. But fans(Orc fans?) have been asking for Brown skinned orc since TBC, so it's obviously that Blizzard gonna take the chance, not to mention they just took the skins from WoD and slapped them on the AR, if this was intentionally planned since WoD that I do not know. And I am not agreeing the way how they did it. Dimensional timetravling orcs ...

Similar nature to one an other? Kelfin and Goblins doesn't have much in common considering that our regular goblin would sale his own mother to get a few more gold coins. While the Kelfin so far seems very .. not goblin like? Sure they look the same, but they arn't anything similar between them beside they share a common ancestry. I can agree that they an varation of the same race. But again it doesn't work with Nightbourne and Blood Elf, they DO however have a similar nature(Arcane magic), that is true. But Void Elves and Night Elves are on the most opposite spectrum of each other when it come to elves. Not to mention that Zandalari are nothing like Darkspear, they are both Trolls, they both praise the Loa, but else they are VERY distinctive from one another. And sure this could work for Kelfin and Goblins aswell. But that could also work for Vulpera and Goblins since both are traders and merchants, rivalry at is finest~

Even though so far they just seems to be "Sub Races", Blizz did call them "Allied Races", which give them a wider area to work with if they actully take that chance or not thats entirly up to them. Myself hope for something new then just a recolor of an already existence race.

3. They are constantly shoving it down your throats about how likely they feel Vulpera is going to be as an allied race and how much better it seems like it will be.

In truth we don't know what will be an allied race next. What ends up being allied races could be something we won't see until next expansion. This kind of behavior tends to get very obnoxious after a while and the vulpera community is obviously doing this in an attempt to drive hype for the race.
    I mean, there is sure alot hints for them to become a playable race. Myself feel very confident that they will be AR actully. But it ain't 100%, that I will agree with, I just feel very confident that they will be. But sure, they might do a 360 and slap us with Gnolls, Troggs and Kobolts as allied races instead. Nothing is for certain, which goes for the Vulpera AND Kelfin~.

4. They are known to blacklist people who actively support Kelfin and try to do whatever they can to discredit and shame them.

The Vulpera community isn't just a bunch of people hanging out who love Vulpera, but a bunch of lobbyists trying get something to happen in game. They have done all kind of stuff you see reminiscent of the high elf community. Mechagnomes in fact many things even more suggestive that they could be an AR, but their playerbase isn't actively going around bashing the idea of Kelfin and trying to actively lobby for their desired race to be in game. And because of the fact that they go to such lengths to promote their allied race, their fanbase size and evidence they seem to have come out with isn't an isn't an accurate depiction of the likeliness of the race to happen. Let me give you examples of this:
    ... a what? Lobbyists? Good Siiir we surely don't have such influence in Activision Blizzard... OR DO WE~? But seriously, no. The Vulpera fanbase arn't actively seeking out Kelfin fans or threads just to bash them. I will however not deny that there might be some Vulpera fans that have done that, but the whole fanbase? No, thats just insane. Is any fanbase perfect? No, absolutely not.

1. Blurred fanbase numbers.

The Vulpera Discord has around 1600 members. In reality anybody who puts enough effort into it could come up with a discord with this sizable group of people. However is it really that sensible to go through all this for a race which legit may never even be playable? Fact also is that 1600 members is still nothing when set side by side to the hundreds of thousands playing wow.
    Ah you know of us? Come in one day and say hi! So compare the VHC with the rest of the playerbase? Okey, it means that the are at least 1600 people which is genuinely interested in Vulpera. Then there might be hundred thousends of people out there that would be just interested in Vulpera, just that they don't actively put any effort into it. THEN ofcourse there could be hundred thousends of people that went to set Vulpera on fire. But since there is a Vulpera Discord, I will just assume that the are a greater interest in Vulpera than Kelfin. Unless you have any proof to adress this?

2. The average allied race fanbase doesn't go to the extent of putting lots of money into promotions and exposure and well as putting lots of energy into new recruits.

If these guys were not doing this, then Vulpera fanbase would actually probably be smaller than the Kelfin fanbase because of the existing goblin fanbase and that they play and even larger role in Nazjatar.
    ... wait, what? I mean, we make sure that the Discord server is all functional, communicating, having a good time and have a fun promotion once a while. We spent a good old whopping "$0" promoting the discord. But you make it sound like we do it on regular basis and pour all our investment into it(Seriously, we all pretty broke, we are still scavenging in Vol'dun for those Cursed Zandalari Idols).

And if we WEREN'T doing it we would be even smaller then the Kelfin fanbase??? So the Kelfin are natural a BIGGER fanbase even non organized, while the Vulpera are smaller fanbase even if organized? Thats-.. eh, wait-.. what? I don't even...

3. Hyping with false and often times out of context or bias information.

One of the tactics I've seen the Vulpera community do is look for x piece of new vulpera community and then Hype it up to a pretty crazy degree. The months following vulpera first seen, these guys were hyping up Vulpera as a 100% confirmed allied race because of rigs, animations, HD models and geosets. All things which cannot be treated as true indicators of what will be an allied race because thin humans, ogres, vyrkul, murlocs and some other races have similar stuff like this and aren't playable. I won't go into much detail for this part now because this is not the central topic.

However a thing to realize about this also is that, if something came out that was a big indicator that Kelfin could be an allied race, the Vulpera folk definitely wouldn't share this. And it is important to remember that the Kelfin playerbase isn't as organized as the Vulpera playerbase is and we aren't actively trying to lobby for the race to be in game. We like them and express our love for them, but in truth we really don't know what lies ahead.
    Well ofcourse we would get excited if a new thing come out for the Vulpera! Wouldn't ANY fanbase of any AR(Or any other game/book/movie medium) BE THAT? And why would we even talk about Kelfin? When we are in first hand Vulpera Fanbase, not a Kelfin Fanbase, ofcourse the are a new hints of a AR we will talk about them, like Mechanomes that was a hot topic in our community as soon they where datamined. But we arn't actively trying to deny it or hide it as you make it sound like.

You make it sounds like we are an Evil Mega Corp James Bond Villain Organisation(And now later a Hivemind?! Oookey?!), I mean thanks for thinking so highly of us, but if we truely hade all of those skills and resources we would have more likely putted into good use in the World then a cool playable model for World of Warcraft. From our Villainous viewpoint of course~

If we want an Allied Race, we promote them and stay positive. We don't bash another community. And honestly if you want Kelfin as a Allied Race, good for you! Keep promote them and stay positive. There is no reason to bash on other community to enlighten your own Allied Race.
    Last edited by OverFanNisseFrasse; 2019-07-19 at 10:47 PM.

And that "point" is wrong. Blatantly so. Because if that true, the "high elf megathread" would not exist since we have the orb that transforms you into a light-skinned thalassian elf..
    another delusional thread for an unnecessary race that's not happening

another delusional thread for an unnecessary race that's not happening
    Yeah... way to miss the point entirely. But thanks for showing me you're not one for discussions when you're shown you're wrong.

Yeah... way to miss the point entirely. But thanks for showing me you're not one for discussions when you're shown you're wrong.
    gonna love necroing this thread and quoting you a few months from now when they don't become allied races. I'm not even saying I'd mind if they were added it'd be cool if they were but they won't and the fact that this patch was released with a toy turning you into them could not illustrate any clearer that blizzard is not interested in letting you play them beyond that and has other plans in mind

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I don't see how that is even relevant to the point. We have playable races in which there are no toys to transform you into, and we have toys that transform you into races that aren't playable.
    also gonna address this by asking this - do we have even one single ALLIED race currently that also has a toy transforming you into them? No

2. "It is amazing how hard bullies bend over facts to trash a group of people just because they support something another person hates. And yes this is directed at you l, Ray. Grow some manners before you attack people and claim bias. You are the only biased person here. "

Don't start with me. You guys are the ones who constantly lob us into the category of furry haters, contrarians, tell us that the race we love looks like crap, and spread this bullcrap that nobody wants this race. You also use hiveminded group of individuals to shut down attempts for discussing the possibility of this as an allied race. I have not once said one nasty thing about Vulpera in this thread(their fanbase is another story), but you guys have been repeatedly trash talking Gilgoblins left and right and trying to discourage any discussion of them as a potential allied race.
    It's hard to tell if you're deflecting or just projecting. But over 50% of the threads regarding vulpera are just asinine people parroting the same boring shit over and over while attempting to be creative by calling anyone who enjoys vulpera lore/culture pedophiles and furries, with a derogatory connotation towards someone's sexual preference despite the furry fandom not having to be sexualizd (since in the case of the last one, it doesn't matter they can't understand that you don't have to sexualize everything, even if they choose to). If you actually read the threads, instead of being one of the parrots, you'd know that.