Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I don't understand why people can't accept that maybe just maybe he wants to retire and do other things with his life?
    People love conspiracy theories. And they also like pretending they know what's up. Honestly if you worked anywhere for 30 years, you are overdue a retirement.

Get rid of J. Allen Lisp next, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I don't understand why people can't accept that maybe just maybe he wants to retire and do other things with his life?
    Probably because there's been no better time to abandon ship than literally exactly when he did it. The whole company is on fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    What was it Scaramucci said? The rats go up when the ship goes down?

I guess in this case, the new generation of leaders are the rats.
    Arnt people ever able to retire?

"Hey this 90 year old man who has been working for the company for 50 years is retiring that must mean the company is dying!!!!"

no the dude has been working for blizz for TWENTY EIGHT YEARS for fucks sakes, can people not retire without it meaning the death of a company?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Probably because there's been no better time to abandon ship than literally exactly when he did it. The whole company is on fire.
    No it isnt, why would you say the company is on fire..? wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Nobody left at Blizzard that matters anymore, we're left with J. Allen "You think you want it, but you don't" Brack.
    wait so people who have been around on wow since 2005 "dont matter" who does matter then, who doesent, im confused?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    My god these comments, this dude worked in this company for so long, obviously at this point in his life he'd retire. That's just how life works.
    No, you must work the same company from the day you are born to the day you die, or else it means that company is shit.
    but hey even if you die im sure the company placed a hit on you to get rid of you because they are that shit.
    (yes people here and saying he did not retire, he was forced out by activision)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    Basically, it looks like Blizzard is slowly reforming without Activision. Call me crazy, but I'd not be surprised if more and more folks of the old Blizzard end up with them again.
    almost like the "old blizzard" people are in their fucking sixties and have been making games for 30-40 years?
    holy shit, people who have worked in an industry for 30-40 years are retiring!? I have never ever heard of that, that means the company is dying for sure!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    That's 2 founders who decided within less than a year of each other to cash out. If anyone thinks that isn't significant they're deluded.
    we also had atleast 14 famous people die this year, that means there must be some goverment thing going on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Or any of the other hundred times over the last 10 years that people have claimed Blizzard was on fire. People retire, people change jobs.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    *Glances at BfA, Diablo Immortal and the reportedly cancelled StarCraft game.* Yeah that's working out fantastically.
    *Glances at diablo 4, warfcraft reforged, diablo immortal in reality.* yeah they are doing pretty fucking fine.

again idk if you know anything about game development, they cancel DOZENS if not HUNDREDS of games, the starcraft game was just one of those ones we learned about, alot of them stay internal, specifically to stop people like you from doomsaying because of it.

blizzard cancelled games back in vanilla, did you not know that?

"Hey blizzard cancelled starcraft ghost, that must mean they are dying!"
    *Also released fucking world of warcraft.*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Forcing out the old elements so they can go full speed ahead with their shit practices Activision is pushing.

- - - Updated - - -

Suddenly everyone loses their passion at the same time when moving into the world of shitty mobile games and MTX garbage.

It's typical, You force out anyone who's willing to uphold the tradition of the studio and push back against the pure greed and explotation of companies like Activision. No one should be surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love that too but they are getting up there. It would be harder for them, with that said. I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Activision could behead Moreheim in front of Blizzard HQ and they would say "I guess he just wanted his head and body to go seperate ways"
    "everyone loses their passion at the same time" you mean over the last like 10 years? the old blizzard team have been retiring/leaving for 10 years now, this is not something suddenly new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Blizzard is 30+ years old, obviously there will be a flood of retirements when they all hit 60+, especially when all of them will have more money than they ever need. It has nothing to do with anything else but becoming old and tired. Let them rest, they earned it.
    People seem to forget blizzard is 30 years old, and they went under a different name before that, and had been developing for even longer then that, some of these people have been in the video game indsutry for 35 years. (all the way back on the fucking NES)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So hearthone a game couple years ago that's purely based on an ingame-shop is the last great game created by the great old blizzard and now couple years later everything is shit and so bad and you wish old blizzard back?

Interesting.
    Which means the "old great blizzard" created Cata, Mop, and Wod. cause hearthstone came out end of mop, meaning wod was already being made.

i love this roller coaster of people trying to fit stuff into an agenda. "old blizzard was from vanilla to wrath, but then dissapeared for cata, but came back for mop, except the pandas, and for hearthstone, but then went away for wod, but then came back for legion, except the AP system, and now is gone again!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by curterth View Post
    I think Blizzard wow developer truely went downhill at the end of 2015, Wod was showing that there was no content, Starcraft more like deadcraft Diablo III had just released the session system which I can say I liked, Hearthstone was less money grab than it is right now as the cards you got from buying a adventure is completely useless.
    Except now they add constant free adventures that cost either gold or are 100% free, while also giving TONS of free packs away at every chance they get?
    hmmm sure sounds like they are so much more money hungry then back when they said "alright here is an adventure, pay a ton for it, oh also buy all our packs too"

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I come again with my "Activision forced him out" conspiracy theory.

Boardroom trying to get rid of the "By Gamers For Gamers" and move in the "By Slaves For Profit" people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Who said they want or will make quality games again? They literally announced when J. Allaen took over that from now on their focus is release more games and faster instead of experimenting and cancelling projects. Aka quantity over quality
    Have you heard the tail of hots?

Instead of rushing it out and getting it out before Dota 2 they held it back and experimented. they played with it and made it wonderful, differnt from all other moba's
    now look at it.
    as they themselves said, if they had rushed it out and just... made dota 2 themselves, they would have won the market.
    atleast against whatever valve would have to do instead.

also you say "make games faster instead of experimenting"

can you show me where you like experimenting? cause blizz has been experimenting on wow for a decade, yet every bit of experimenting they seem to do people shit on.

i would love if you could explain why you think EXPERIMENTING by nature is good. and why it would breed success?

also who says quantity over quality is a bad thing?

if you want to feed a starving nation quanity is better, if you can fill your 100,000 peoples stomaches with food to hold them off, good.

but feed only 1000 with extravagant food that pampers their soul and spirit, the other 99,000 are going to be coming with pitchforks for your head.

you use alot of buzz words, without really saying... .why?

"No more experimenting"
    "Quantity over quality"

is most peoples issues, and i assume yours aswell, with wow BECAUSE OF EXPERIMENTING?

Blizzard experimented with classes changing them up to see if they could be better. Oh look people are complaining.
    blizzard experimented with a mission ta- oh look
    blizzard experimented with the store and oh look
    blizzard experimented with removing sets
    removing gems
    removing enchants

you get the point?

experimenting for the just right out "EXPERIMENTING IS GOOD!' Is not true at all.

if blizzard just... stopped experimenting at wotlk, and just... kept adding content, without messing with systems, or classes, or mefchanics do you not think we would.... be in a better place?

or are you saying everything since wotlk is good "because it was an experiment" and "if its an experiment that means its good"

experiments are just that, something to test, but experimenting is not perfect, to experiment does not suddenly mean whatever you are doing, or what is made is good.

stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Suddenly everyone loses their passion at the same time when moving into the world of shitty mobile games and MTX garbage.

It's typical, You force out anyone who's willing to uphold the tradition of the studio and push back against the pure greed and explotation of companies like Activision. No one should be surprised.[/COLOR]
    If this is the case then why has EVERYONE that has left blizzard in good and bad terms been on the same page when it comes to Activision being very hands off. If there was something there would be actual named people going "It's activision, they're fucking us over!" and no NDA will stop that.

Yet there's silence.

One can only hope that Pearce and Brack don't actually think gamers give a shit that they are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    *Glances at diablo 4, warfcraft reforged, diablo immortal in reality.* yeah they are doing pretty fucking fine."
    I agree the company isn't dying or anything over dramatic but your example was pretty terrible lol.

Imagine the company you co-funded go around and announce Diablo Immortal, or introduce Pathfinder achievements. I would be quitting right after too.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Imagine the company you co-funded go around and announce Diablo Immortal, or introduce Pathfinder achievements. I would be quitting right after too.
    ...It's been five years since Blizzard made a mobile game and five years since pathfinder achievements were added.

I am finding it hard to find what he actually did these days at Blizzard. Chief Developer Officer, it seems. Whatever that means.

Thanks for any work you have done on Warcraft games, Frank Pearce. You have brought a lot of people together, and given us a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    People love conspiracy theories. And they also like pretending they know what's up. Honestly if you worked anywhere for 30 years, you are overdue a retirement.
    people like frank pierce dont just quit a job like this. they dont unless its either 1. there emotional/phyically cant do the job anymore or 2 they were forced out/ forced to retire/ position was terminated from leadership chain.

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    people like frank pierce dont just quit a job like this. they dont unless its either 1. there emotional/phyically cant do the job anymore or 2 they were forced out/ forced to retire/ position was terminated from leadership chain.
    Oh I didn't realize you were so close to him. Can you let us know what kind of instrument he's thinking about learning?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you and good luck, Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Worked out great for bioware
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/7a...ef8e8c4663.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a constant source of amusement that the very same people who are constantly bitching about how Blizzard's management needs to be replaced are all suddenly falling all over themselves at the exit of some senior person--part of that management that needs to be replaced--at how this spells out the doom of the company and all the rats are leaving the sinking ship and any other lazy catch phrase that you can think of. It's mindless and unintentionally hilarious.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShowtyme View Post
    I agree the company isn't dying or anything over dramatic but your example was pretty terrible lol.
    Diablo 4 is gunna be announced this blizzcon
    we have a new expansion aswell
    diablo immortal as actually pretty decent for a mobile game
    warcraft reforged seriously did people forget about that?
    also hearthstone is better then ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    funny you treat diablo immortal as a bad thing, idk if you know, but not everyone is elitists, MANY gamers play mobile games... Idk what world you live in that you can play PC games on a bus, or in a car.

also if he hated pathfinder so bad, why now and not 5 years ago?
    also why the fuck do you think he goes "i love my job at blizzard... WAIT PATHFINDER!>?>?!>!>>!>! IU QWUIT1R2W3RT2WE!!!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-07-20 at 02:27 AM.