Trailer looked decent, still hyped though just hope they make all the monster hunts epic and horrorish.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-07-20 at 03:29 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    if color and diversity is so important, why cant they create new superheroes or whatever, why do they have to change already existing ones?
    All the super hero’s people complain about are new ones no existing ones get changed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    What a retarted statement...
    So i cant connect to Blade or black panther because i am white?
    Nooooooo.... The issue is other races connecting with the majority of white super heroes. No one really cares if white people can't connect or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    stfu with that bullshit, you know damn well when matt damon plays martin luther king the nut jobs are gonna REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE nonstop.
    See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    So you'd be fine with a whitewashed Wakanda? Pretty sure they're not diverse at all with their one demographic, xenophobic locking out of all other peoples for thousands of years, and of course, total lack of political structure beyond a council(with no real power) of elders and a king decided by a contest of strength instead of their capability to lead.
    See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    According to google :
    Less than 2% of the world's population have red hair
    That's approximately 140 million people. Scotland boasts the highest percentage of natural redheads, with 13% (40% might carry the gene there) while Ireland comes in second with 10%.
    Because red hair is totally a race.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Nooooooo.... The issue is other races connecting with the majority of white super heroes. No one really cares if white people can't connect or not.
    What a bs argument

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    What a bs argument
    You mean like yours? With all that depth and analysis about culturally disenfranchised populations.

If it doesn't matter what race the Witcher is, then why does it matter who they cast? If it does matter, then you've made my argument for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully they did something about the scrotum armor.

You mean like yours? With all that depth and analysis about culturally disenfranchised populations.

If it doesn't matter what race the Witcher is, then why does it matter who they cast? If it does matter, then you've made my argument for me.
    Or the fact that you believe non cares if white people connect with .

Instead of creating new characters they change existing ones to check diversity boxes which is idiotic.

Witcher is based on polish mythology , Poland has 99.99 percent white population .

A setting is made to sell on the population it's based on . martial arts film from China have Asian actors.changing existing characters to justify diversity is wrong
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-07-20 at 06:39 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or the fact that you believe non cares if white people connect with .

Instead of creating new characters they change existing ones to check diversity boxes which is idiotic.
    In your opinion, sure. But it doesn't sound like you're working with a lot of facts and data. Historically speaking comic book heroes (and frankly every section of heroes in america) have been white. Why can't they be other races?

In your opinion, sure. But it doesn't sound like you're working with a lot of facts and data. Historically speaking comic book heroes (and frankly every section of heroes in america) have been white. Why can't they be other races?
    They can, but you need to create new heroes for them.
    To race change and gender change already known characters is not only disrespectfull to the creators but also to the minority since you basicly tell them we cant come up with a story or a new character around your ppl.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2019-07-20 at 06:48 PM.

They can be but why change the existing ones and not create new.

Btw storm , aqua boy , the spawn ,green lantern , bumblebee ,the cyborg , storm say you are wrong .all black super heroes.

Wanna see how they do it right , see the blade films

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    - Ciri will be older than in book (10-12 vs 16?) and she will seek Geralt, so they meeting won't be coincind.. I mean destiny like in books
    I really, really hope that's not the case and that's a line said during Thanedd or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    To race change and gender race all ready known characters is not only disrespectfull to the creators but also to the minoritys since you basicly tell them we cant come up with a story or a new character around your ppl.
    The depth of your ignorance for this issue knows almost no bounds. You are literally making things up in an effort to desperately clutch a dying notion that race matters for superheroes. It does not. Once you realize that, you'll be free. Until then, well, good luck. It's a hard climb out. I know, I had to do it myself.

Here's something that's really (REALLY) going to fuck with you - although it's entirely true and I'm dead serious. Making Wakanda with non-black characters cannot happen. For the very same reasons I've already mentioned that making the Witcher racially diverse is ok. I know you're going to say that's hypocritical, but unfortunately it's not. It's why Wakanda stays black and the Little Mermaid goes racially diverse.

Because it's the right thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

They can be but why change the existing ones and not create new.

Btw storm , aqua boy , the spawn ,green lantern , bumblebee ,the cyborg , storm say you are wrong .all black super heroes.

Wanna see how they do it right , see the blade films
    You had to mention the same superhero twice and it's still under 10. The list of culturally diverse super heroes is short. The list of white ones is long. Which is why it has to change with current heroes.

Why does it matter what race they are? Have you asked yourself if the original authors have signed on for this?

- - - Updated - - -

To race change and gender change already known characters is not only disrespectfull to the creators but also to the minority since you basicly tell them we cant come up with a story or a new character around your ppl.
    Um, yeah - no, they don't. And no, it's not. It doesn't send that message at all - despite your claims otherwise. What it does do is tell other cultures that super heroes can be of any race. So we include, you know, the entire human race.

Henry Cavill looks ridiculous.

Well, that looked like the most basic trailer ever. Dialogue seemed cringe. Cavill looks decent as Geralt, don't know about the rest so far. Couldn't really recognize all of the characters though.

The depth of your ignorance for this issue knows almost no bounds. You are literally making things up in an effort to desperately clutch a dying notion that race matters for superheroes. It does not. Once you realize that, you'll be free. Until then, well, good luck. It's a hard climb out. I know, I had to do it myself.

Here's something that's really (REALLY) going to fuck with you - although it's entirely true and I'm dead serious. Making Wakanda with non-black characters cannot happen. For the very same reasons I've already mentioned that making the Witcher racially diverse is ok. I know you're going to say that's hypocritical, but unfortunately it's not. It's why Wakanda stays black and the Little Mermaid goes racially diverse.

- - - Updated - - -

You had to mention the same superhero twice and it's still under 10. The list of culturally diverse super heroes is short. The list of white ones is long. Which is why it has to change with current heroes.

Why does it matter what race they are? Have you asked yourself if the original authors have signed on for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Um, yeah - no, they don't. And no, it's not. It doesn't send that message at all - despite your claims otherwise. What it does do is tell other cultures that super heroes can be of any race. So we include, you know, the entire human race.
    so changing the existing ones to justify diversity is the way to go? in a country where everyone is white?
    you my not caught this one but i will repeat it again : the witch setting was based on polish mythology of medieval poland. there were no black people in poland back then.you remind me the time someone made an article of how witcher is racist because they dont include people of color , utter bs.

whats next a viking film with black cast? the real question is if its ok to change white people to black why do you care if black people are changed to white

It is utterly hypocritical. You can't espouse the notion that race doesn't matter for superheroes while at the same time championing the claim that it's super important to make them more racially diverse (because it's apparently impossible to connect with a character that doesn't look exactly like you, yet at the same time it somehow only matters for people of color). Those are two totally opposite stances and hiding behind your arrogant "it's actually not hypocritical because I say so and if you disagree you're just showing the depths of your ignorance, but I won't actually try to argue myself out of the hole of contradiction I dag for myself with anything other than those empty platitudes" isn't really something that magically validates you no matter how hard you wish it did.

The way you selectively apply this only to certain minorities but not others totally isn't hypocritical as well. Who cares that red hair color has been subject to prejudice in the past as well (hell, even now to a degree, red hair color can be the reason one is targeted by bullies in school). Who cares that certain ethnicities with much higher rate of red hair color like the Irish were discriminated against. Who cares that Slavs, whose myths the Witcher is based on, are basically unrepresented in western media other than an occasional Russian villain. It's all about the skin color (except it's not, because adding extra representation based on gender and sexuality is also A-OK). Even though there's already plenty of black characters in your superheroes example. For decades now.

You had to mention the same superhero twice and it's still under 10. The list of culturally diverse super heroes is short.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_superheroes

I dunno, somehow that looks more than 10 to me. But that was quick mafs so I can't be certain. Also, now it'c cultural diversity that matters, not just racial?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, that looked like the most basic trailer ever. Dialogue seemed cringe. Cavill looks decent as Geralt, don't know about the rest so far. Couldn't really recognize all of the characters though.
    The woman with the deformed face is Yennefer. Like has been stated before, it looks like the show went with the idea that she has to transmute her body to make herself look not deformed, instead of the book's lore on how mages simply use illusions to mask their flaws.

The blonde young girl is obviously Ciri.

The group of women in green armor is either elves of dryads.

The woman asking Geralt "Is that's all life is to you?" question around 0:45 mark is Triss.

The scene right after that with some royals is Pavetta's and Duny's wedding, I think.

The witch talking with Yennefer in the next scene I'm not sure about. It's not Fringilla, because IIRC they cast a black actress to play her. I'd say it's either Philippa Eilhart, Francesca Findabair or Sheala de Tancarville.

Then the blonde woman in orange clothing is Priscilla for sure.

The old bedridden woman telling Ciri to find Geralt is maybe Calante?

The bloodied monster is probably the striga/Foltest's daughter, judging by an earlier scene where Geralt was chilling in some crypt.

The monstrous looking guy in the large brawl scene is Duny.

Those are all I could get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    so changing the existing ones to justify diversity is the way to go? in a country where everyone is white?
    you my not caught this one but i will repeat it again : the witch setting was based on polish mythology of medieval poland. there were no black people in poland back then.you remind me the time someone made an article of how witcher is racist because they dont include people of color , utter bs.

whats next a viking film with black cast? the real question is if its ok to change white people to black why do you care if black people are changed to white
    Took 5 minutes of research.

I get that you don't want to have this conversation. You read the Witcher, played the game, and the roles aren't the ones you grew up with. It sucks. Seriously - there are roles that have gone to people I felt didn't embody the character whatsoever. It's upsetting.

But it's a minor point in the overall goal to be more inclusive of other backgrounds and races. This kind of thing helps, in a number of ways culturally, and doesn't detract from the story at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It is utterly hypocritical. You can't espouse the notion that race doesn't matter for superheroes while at the same time championing the claim that it's super important to make them more racially diverse (because it's apparently impossible to connect with a character that doesn't look exactly like you, yet at the same time it somehow only matters for people of color). Those are two totally opposite stances and hiding behind your arrogant "it's actually not hypocritical because I say so and if you disagree you're just showing the depths of your ignorance, but I won't actually try to argue myself out of the hole of contradiction I dag for myself with anything other than those empty platitudes" isn't really something that magically validates you no matter how hard you wish it did.

The way you selectively apply this only to certain minorities but not others totally isn't hypocritical as well. Who cares that red hair color has been subject to prejudice in the past as well (hell, even now to a degree, red hair color can be the reason one is targeted by bullies in school). Who cares that certain ethnicities with much higher rate of red hair color like the Irish were discriminated against. Who cares that Slavs, whose myths the Witcher is based on, are basically unrepresented in western media other than an occasional Russian villain. It's all about the skin color (except it's not, because adding extra representation based on gender and sexuality is also A-OK). Even though there's already plenty of black characters in your superheroes example. For decades now.
    You were doing ok for a bit there until you tried to claim that red hair was a racial issue subject to prejudice. This conversation is for adults, and really doesn't belong here. It was my fault for bringing it up, but then again I wasn't the OP.

The enormous issues of cultural inclusion in this genre (super heroes) are ALL centered around making primary characters not white.

Nice list you found. Why don't you compare and contrast that too white super heroes, and THEN compare that to popularity. You'll start to get the picture.

Because red hair is totally a race.
    Genetically Speaking races don't exist so you are marginalizing a minority. One of the smaller groups too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It is utterly hypocritical. You can't espouse the notion that race doesn't matter for superheroes while at the same time championing the claim that it's super important to make them more racially diverse (because it's apparently impossible to connect with a character that doesn't look exactly like you, yet it somehow only matters for people of color). Those are two totally opposite stances and hiding behind your arrogant "it's actually not hypocritical because I say so and if you disagree you're just showing the depths of your ignorance, but I won't actually try to argue myself out of the hole of contradiction I dag for myself with anything other than those empty platitudes" isn't really something that magically validates you no matter how hard you wish it did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_superheroes

I dunno, somehow that looks more than 10 to me. But that was quick mafs so I can't be certain. Also, now it'c cultural diversity that matters, not just racial?

A fool and his freedom are soon parted.

Diversity is a form of marketing (and censorship?).

A person is far more likely to gravitate toward a series that has someone in it that looks like them. People are quick to shoot down anything that lacks enough ‘representation’.

I don’t subscribe to that. It’s almost as if we’re serving someone’s agenda, albeit, unwillingly.
    Last edited by mario710; 2019-07-20 at 07:35 PM.