Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No matter what terrible things the Alliance does, the fans will always justify it as a good thing. Also, with Christie Golden as one of the writers, the Alliance will never ever do anything evil. Only the Horde can be evil apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    And everyone will play Horde because 90% of the streamers are Horde and streamers are very popular. No one will give a shit that all Horde races in the game are ugly as sin, because it's not 2006 anymore.
    I mean there were actually stories for the Alliance then. It wasn't humans and pals, and there was no sign of Pollyanduin's naive crap.

As to everyone going Horde, they can enjoy the mathematical disadvantage. After they swung the pendulum the other way, they never evened it out and completely wrecked the raiding scene, so it's fun to see Alliance have an advantage again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I love this idea that the Alliance is going to split because Tyrande was upset that they didn't commit their troops to Darkshore over Dazar'alor. The Horde literally fractures in half but they still exist but the Alliance has disagreements over military choices and they're going to split?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I love this idea that the Alliance is going to split because Tyrande was upset that they didn't commit their troops to Darkshore over Dazar'alor. The Horde literally fractures in half but they still exist but the Alliance has disagreements over military choices and they're going to split?

I completely agree with you, some people exaggerate on what happened with that scenario. Tyrande didn't start a rebellion against Anduin, she didn't break apart, she didn't even show any desire to build her own Alliance. She just disagreed with the High King's calls and decided to take her army and follow her own plan.

As is the right of every member of the Alliance's High Command. The High King is a figurehead and military commander in times of war, but by no means are the other members of the Alliance bound to follow his battle plans. Tyrande ignoring Anduin's calls was well within her rights as a member of the Alliance's High Command and is by no means a sign that the Kaldorei are going to leave the Alliance by force.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-20 at 05:49 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post

Horde posters' wishful thinking.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Tyrande and Alleria are the paths towards an Alliance that looks for any kind of method to reach their goals

10+ Year Old Account
    Zealotry like we see from Paladins and the AU Draenei. Also the Void Elves can start corrupting the Alliance. If you play Horde side you have already seen them corrupting the land and wildlife its a nightmare waiting to happen.

Racism can start to fester Night Elves can begin to blame other races for not doing enough to help with Darn. The Dwarfs can become a target because they seem to not suffer as much as the other races and are the richest of the Alliance members.

1. Vanessa Van Cleef marries Anduin Wrynn to settle the old dispute between the Defias and the royal houses of Stormwind.
    2. Anduin disappears.
    3. Van Cleef is queen.
    4. Van Cleef begins to make sinister and extremist decisions as queen.

This should write itself from there. Anduin might come back later to try to restore honor or something.

Or a completely different route, have the Scarlet Crusade resurgent. Spin a tale of how they are evil light-wielders. They gain increasng influence in Stormwind and begin to pull the strings there.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    If you play Horde side you have already seen them corrupting the land and wildlife its a nightmare waiting to happen.
    Wait, they actually present that as cause for concern when the Forsaken blight everything and goblins clear cut/strip mine/dump chemicals everywhere? Or does involve Horde druids starting to see it all as bad? Haven't kept up on my Horde tourist as much as I'd like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    1. Vanessa Van Cleef marries Anduin Wrynn to settle the old dispute between the Defias and the royal houses of Stormwind.
    2. Anduin disappears.
    3. Van Cleef is queen.
    1. I get the feeling she'd want a man.
    2. I'll help pack the suitcases!
    4. Like actually finally paying all the cheated workers who became the Defias? Man, I remember when actual gray writing occurred.

Spin a tale of how they are evil light-wielders.
    Not hard, they commit the unpardonable sin of suggesting undead aren't tragic, misunderstood, cuddly little innocents.

What dispute? The Defias are crushed and Stormwind has one of the largest armies in the world. That dispute ended 10 years ago.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Alliance has had bad guys before. Perenolde, Garithos, Blackmoore, etc. All it takes is for someone like that to pop up again. A lore ass-pull (something that's been happening a lot lately anyway) could easily handle that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Zealotry like we see from Paladins and the AU Draenei. Also the Void Elves can start corrupting the Alliance. If you play Horde side you have already seen them corrupting the land and wildlife its a nightmare waiting to happen.

Racism can start to fester Night Elves can begin to blame other races for not doing enough to help with Darn. The Dwarfs can become a target because they seem to not suffer as much as the other races and are the richest of the Alliance members.
    Dwarfs and gnomes are in some of the thickest fights with the horde and if Arathi highlands is still a contested zone then that means the horde is probably pressing down towards their lands also, dwarves made up the bulk of alliance fighting in Zuldazar. There engineering and siege weapons are important. Also Night elves always been xenophobic to everyone including their human allies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Well, the Alliance has had bad guys before. Perenolde, Garithos, Blackmoore, etc. All it takes is for someone like that to pop up again. A lore ass-pull (something that's been happening a lot lately anyway) could easily handle that.
    Rogers, Alleria (possibly), Tyrande(possibly), Gen (possibly), Calia(definitely), Umberic(yeah). Shaw out there got us killing targets and even Falstad isn't sure anout some of the stuff we doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    What dispute? The Defias are crushed and Stormwind has one of the largest armies in the world. That dispute ended 10 years ago.
    It is, so far as I know, still the issue of unpaid works... which started the whole mess 20? years ago. The Defias might not be relevant anymore. But the Kingdom of Stromwind has still the black mark of cheating common, hard working men of their deserved wage. Bad publicity... very bad. And they Defias brotherhood was able to re emerge rather easily, since the smallflak still has a lot of contempt for the nobility and their rather uncaring attitude.

Also, are the Van Cleefs known for being heads of the Defias by many commoners? The king going to marry the daughter of the head of the cheated stonemason guild as a part of atonement could work.
    Last edited by josykay; 2019-07-20 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    2. Anduin disappears.
    3. Van Cleef is queen.

This should write itself from there. Anduin might come back later to try to restore honor or something.

Or a completely different route, have the Scarlet Crusade resurgent. Spin a tale of how they are evil light-wielders. They gain increasng influence in Stormwind and begin to pull the strings there.
    If Yrel and her light butt boys find their way to our Azeroth I can see her tempting a bulk of Alliance priest and paladins into fanaticism and incite a lot of infighting with Anduin being the ultimate target of her conquest. Hell it would make Taelia important to pull him out of the zealotry so he can see what he done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    It is, so far as I know, still the issue of unpaid works... which started the whole mess 20? years ago. The Defias might not be relevant anymore. But the Kingdom of Stromwind has still the black mark of cheating common, hard working men of their deserved wage. Bad publicity... very bad. And they Defias brotherhood was able to re emerge rather easily, since the smallflak still has a lot of contempt for the nobility and their rather uncaring attitude.

Also, are the Van Cleefs known for being heads of the Defias by many commoners? The king going to marry the daughter of the head of the cheated stonemason guild as a part of atonement could work.
    Nonsense, they will be scolded and educated by Golden Boy and that will be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    They don't have to go full War Crime really. Vanilla Alliance was pretty good. All the shit resulting from Katrana Prestor pulling the strings was glorious.

Also if Sylvanas does not get executed, I can see Tyrande, Greymane or both loosing their shits and turning on the Alliance. I would prefer Genn, since Nelves suffered enough. Then again, Tyrande turning evil would give story focus for the Night Elves for an entire expansion.

And there's always the Twilight Hammer. Even Knaifu could posess somebody.
    If you've read the Eulogy and Good War stories it's quite unlikely that Genn will do anything. Besides Velen, who has his teacher, Genn has the most ties with Anduin. During the aforementioned stories Anduin has concerns about devoting Alliance forces to reclaiming Teldrassil for the night elves, knowing that they haven't succeeded in reclaiming Gilneas. He's worried Genn will be upset. When he voices these concerns Genn calls him a fool and he fears for the worst. Until Genn continues and tells him he's a fool for believing the Gilneans would do something so petty. It was a rather touching moment.

They don't have to go full War Crime really. Vanilla Alliance was pretty good. All the shit resulting from Katrana Prestor pulling the strings was glorious.

Also if Sylvanas does not get executed, I can see Tyrande, Greymane or both loosing their shits and turning on the Alliance. I would prefer Genn, since Nelves suffered enough. Then again, Tyrande turning evil would give story focus for the Night Elves for an entire expansion.

And there's always the Twilight Hammer. Even Knaifu could posess somebody.
    Worgen have suffered enough as well. Teldrassil was their home too and they have been forced to relocate twice which I would argue no other races have been forced to do unless we count Draenei and their planet hopping.

Making Genn a villain or whatever will not work either because he is not a superpowered god mode character like the other Alliance leaders are.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The community around this game has some horrible ideas on what makes a good story.
    The community of this game is more preoccupied with Sylvanas being a "hawt goth elf chick" than caring about morality behind her actions, or even viewing her as who she is, tragic rotting away undead corpse desperate to gain power so she doesn't turn into nothingness. Truly morally deep stories would be wasted on this audience.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Worgen have suffered enough as well. Teldrassil was their home too and they have been forced to relocate twice which I would argue no other races have been forced to do unless we count Draenei and their planet hopping.

Making Genn a villain or whatever will not work either because he is not a superpowered god mode character like the other Alliance leaders are.
    True. Worgen lost their homeland twice. But the ammount of: "we hate night elves" in BfA is just staggering. As for Genn and his power? He should me a superpowered god mode character. He is a Worgen after all. Curse of the Worgen established the Worgen form as the ultimate form that is faster and, stronger and more durable than anthing else. Imagine a feral druid in cat form, with the movement speed of the travel form and the survivability of bear form. Now turn that up to 11. That's the pack form. And the worgen form is an improvement of that. Obviously gameplay can't reflect that, but in lore Worgen are supposed to be in far better physical condition than any other humanoid race.

7+ Year Old Account
    should me a superpowered god mode character. He is a Worgen after all.
    wtf?

Genn is physically very strong and fast, sure but no he isn't in any way shape or form a "god mode character".

Formerly known as Arafal