Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

They should have pumped more money in to foreign market advertising. Won't have made all of it back but at least that record would have been beaten.
    Also: Avatar launched at a time when 200m+ was the peak of what you could achieve in the chinese market. Nowadays 500m+ is possible for successful blockbusters.

Endgame sucked balls. It doesn't deserve the hype it got.
    Avatar was at least a visually stunning version of Pocahontas.

Avengers would have beat it easily if the movie was good.

I sure didnt go a 2nd time. Im sure many did but that was mostly the extreme marvel fans or kids jumping theaters to watch the battles again.

Its not really a movie you wanna go back and see again right away after you see the big spoilers

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Let's not delude ourselves; Avatar pulled in the most in it's initial run when you account for inflation. Given the decline of the cinema, that reputation is pretty much cemented as I doubt any film will come anywhere near as close.

I'm interested to see what the drop off for MCU tickets will be now that the Thanos arc is finally over, the original characters that held down that story and presented the MCU in 2011 are gone.
    Biggest movie of all time isn’t Avatar, if we account for inflation...
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Biggest movie of all time isn’t Avatar, if we account for inflation...
    Gone with the Wind had half a dozen theatrical reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gone with the Wind had half a dozen theatrical reruns.
    And? Thought we were counting re-releases. If one wants to define parameters, they should...well...define them.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

7+ Year Old Account
    Another #AvengersEndgame idea: Before traveling to 2023, Thanos from 2014 would go to Earth, kill the Avengers, and bring Steve's decapitated head with him to 2023 to taunt Steve with
    https://twitter.com/aaroncouch/statu...73380940365824
    That's from ComicCon panel with Markus and McFeely

- - - Updated - - -

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Finally Conquers King Of The World James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ To Become Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time
    https://deadline.com/2019/07/avenger...me-1202649741/

We did it folks!! We broke the record!!

...now wat
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    ...now wat
    We finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
    Until Avatar gets re-released before A2.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Now I'm glad I didn't miss anything..
    Yeah, I heard the "additional material" was pretty awful.

Have we entered the "adjusted for inflation" debate yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    https://twitter.com/aaroncouch/statu...73380940365824
    That's from ComicCon panel with Markus and McFeely

- - - Updated - - -

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Finally Conquers King Of The World James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ To Become Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time
    https://deadline.com/2019/07/avenger...me-1202649741/
    Are we seeing any information regarding adjustment for inflation? Wouldn't total tickets sold really be the best data?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are we seeing any information regarding adjustment for inflation? Wouldn't total tickets sold really be the best data?
    I think Endgame would likely have already overtaken Avatar in that regard since you were forced to watch it in 3D right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I think Endgame would likely have already overtaken Avatar in that regard since you were forced to watch it in 3D right?
    I actually only saw Avatar in 3D once, and I now avoid most/all movies in that format.

Not sure of the math, but it seems Avengers End Game might actually catch Avatar even adjusted. Haven't done so yet, but the gap is closing.

...now wat

The mouse is pleased by those that kept coming back spending their money on the same movie.

...now wat
    Now we'll have to keep some money aside to re-break the record set up by Avatar 2, I guess the next chance for a MCU movie will be GotG3, as most of what's announced for Phase 4 sounds uninteresting af so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think its a matter of opinion on which movie deserves it more. I've never made it all the way through Avatar so I'm confused as to why it did so well in the box office.
    Avatar had a garbage stories, it was recycled nonsense...

what it DID have, though, was AMAZING visual, and one of the best uses of 3D technology that most people have ever seen. It was THE movie, that really proved just what 3D technology was capable of.

That the ONLY reason it did so well. If it had been a 2D film, I doubt it even would have cracked a bil world wide.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's better in 2d you ask me - and the story, while unoriginal - was just fine
    Better is subjective. Taking opinion out of the equation, Avatar was the first film to REALLY nail the 3D. It set the benchmark for all films to come... a benchmark that has rarely been equaled, and IMO, never beaten.

And the story was fine, sure. It was Dances with Wolves, Pocahantas etcetc. It was rather unremarable, though. If it was a basic 2d film and had NEVER had 3D, it wouldn't be anywhere near the legend it became.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

No what matter what happens with A2 we fans will come together to avenge the box office. Whatever it takes.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Avatar had a garbage stories, it was recycled nonsense...

what it DID have, though, was AMAZING visual, and one of the best uses of 3D technology that most people have ever seen. It was THE movie, that really proved just what 3D technology was capable of.

That the ONLY reason it did so well. If it had been a 2D film, I doubt it even would have cracked a bil world wide.
    I never saw it in theatres, only in 2D.