Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Flying doesnt matter at this point? Why do i feel so stupid then?

I see this argument a lot.

"When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I am going to unlock flying either today after dailies reset, or tomorrow and I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely excited about it.

I can't really explain it, as I have mostly ''completed'' the expansion up to now (most reps exalted, gear beyond what WQ will offer, etc) yet I still find myself giddy over the idea that I can finally fly unencumbered in BFA and maybe to collect/grind what there is left to collect.

I'm just extremely glad that they didn't pull an Argus and give us flying everywhere, except for the new zones released lol. I imagine if there is a new zone in 8.3 though that they will not have flying enabled for it (I hope I am wrong)
    Is there a "taxi" flying mount on the auction house i can buy for a friend to taxi me around?
    Sorry to ask. And is it expensive?

We can argue if it's to late or not, but not that it's useless.

It saves soooo much time and annoyances and in your case even embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Look the intended audience for Blizzard are casual casuals (casuals so casuals that even standard casuals are hardcore to them). Hardcore players are done with collectibles, achievements, herb farming and whatnot by the point in the xpack cycle. You can literally just raidlog outside of doing a couple of azerite WQs every now and then to stay relevant (or better, just spam IEs with the rabbit's foot charm).

My question to the anti-flying crowd that Blizzard is pandering to: if flying is okay now, what was so radically different about the game 6 months ago that it wasn't okay back then?

Flying does matter, it makes stuff easier and faster to do. It's convenient and clever, you have to run around that mountain to get to that WQ? With flying just fly over the mountain. As simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Is there a "taxi" flying mount on the auction house i can buy for a friend to taxi me around?
    60k-150k, depending on server. The Sandstone drake that is.

Sandstone Drake, and you better check the ah yourself and judge if it's to expensive.

edit: Damnit I got owned twice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

The sandstone Drake is a taxi mount that you can buy from an alchemist iirc. It's pretty old so I don't see it being very expensive but I can't guarantee that
    Its my number one priority to buy that now. Thanks for the info.
    Otherwise...i might aswell say goodbye to World PvP quests.

Its my bad
    I slacked and didnt thought of the consequences

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Sandstone Drake, and you better check the ah yourself and judge if it's to expensive.
    Thanks .

If you buy blizzcon virtual tickets you may already have one, the orgrimmar interceptor and whatever the alliance one is are taxi mounts also, theres a couple others but they are ground mounts or unobtainable RAF.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, flying doesn't matter at ANY point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I unlocked flying 2 to 3 days ago after having not played for most of the time this expansion has been out (only when free trials were up) and only started the rep grind for all of the factions at the start of this patch (God damn Turtles and Champions took longer than the rest). Lemme tell you flying really does matter for this expansion, it's liberating to do the content with flight now. I don't know how anyone has been able to keep playing this expansion for the last year without it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

depends how you compare it.

not having flying when nobody has it is no big deal.
    not having flying when everybody else has it is a big deal.
    having flying when everybody else has it is back go no big deal.

as for flying at xpac launch vs middle of xpac, i do wonder if that would actually affect player retention or not. probably not in any meaningful way.

and the biggest irony is: like half my guild stopped doing world content once they got flying. so for them it doesn't really matter if they have it or not.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-07-21 at 02:52 PM.

its never too late for flying... but it should definitely be available from the get go...

I am going to unlock flying either today after dailies reset, or tomorrow and I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely excited about it.

I can't really explain it, as I have mostly ''completed'' the expansion up to now (most reps exalted, gear beyond what WQ will offer, etc) yet I still find myself giddy over the idea that I can finally fly unencumbered in BFA and maybe to collect/grind what there is left to collect.

I'm just extremely glad that they didn't pull an Argus and give us flying everywhere, except for the new zones released lol. I imagine if there is a new zone in 8.3 though that they will not have flying enabled for it (I hope I am wrong)
    My fear is another completely-grounded-forever-more final zone in the expansion. I don't mind another rep grind in the final zone to fly there, just don't want to be grounded the entire game.

I've been playing more with flight than I have since launch. I unsubbed after Pathfinder Part 1 was complete, then resubbed for 8.2, waiting for flight to level my alts. Now I'm playing 3 different alts that are all leveling, and I'm still doing max level dailies on my main, which I look forward to now that I can fly.

I'm enjoying Naz more than Mech as Mech just feels like a kill grind, which was never an interesting grind for me. I'll get one of my alts to grind out Mech at some point, maybe hunter, but I'm exalted in Naz, and still doing the daily dailies there.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    My question to the anti-flying crowd that Blizzard is pandering to: if flying is okay now, what was so radically different about the game 6 months ago that it wasn't okay back then?
    Particularly after hitting max level. Hell, even pathfinder part 1 makes sense to me from a gameplay perspective - getting the rep means you've seen what there is to see. Part 2 is pure nonsense put in to make wqs take longer so bliz doesn't have to put meaningful content into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Look the intended audience for Blizzard are casual casuals (casuals so casuals that even standard casuals are hardcore to them). Hardcore players are done with collectibles, achievements, herb farming and whatnot by the point in the xpack cycle. You can literally just raidlog outside of doing a couple of azerite WQs every now and then to stay relevant (or better, just spam IEs with the rabbit's foot charm).

6 months ago i did a heaping truck load of World PVP and had fun. now there are barely any players and if u run into some at a WQ, its always a group of 5+, so I don't care as much anymore.

And just FYI, the anti flying crowd have never asked for this, we asked for it to be unavailable, PERMANENTLY, not 6 months.

Flying brings in a ton of issues in the open world, such as herb farming, I can see where others are going, i can even follow them if they are on my factions so we call get all of the herbs, and if they are not on my factions, i can just corpse camp them till they go away. With flying i can do neither cuz I will never even see the person.

Same goes for WQ's and World PVP, it does not exist if flying is there.

You never get to experience the world, cuz you just land on w/e WQ you're doing and all the art assets used on the world around us is completely wasted, and you miss out on a lot of cool experiences.

Such as the WPVP Fiasco when all Alliance players turned on Warmode to do their unfair 400 ilvl quest as well as get 30% increased rewards, every horde flightmaster and WQ was camped by an entire raid of Alliance players. But in all of that, I saw the most crazy thing, I was going to do a Shrine +15, when i got there there was an entire organized raid, with 5 DH's scouting for stealthies, they had monks Rotating ring of peace at the entrace so you could never get past without stuff like Bubble or Blink, they were setup in 5 man squads covering the entrance and about 100 yards out, all with atleast 1 DH to scout for them. It was genuinly a sight to behold. 30 seconds later i had taken warmode off and ran into the dungeon, but I would have never experienced that if Flying was a thing as i would've just flewn into the dungeon no problem what so ever.

The possibilities are close to endless, and they all disappear the moment flying is introduced.

10+ Year Old Account

"When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.
    Oh, it is indeed far from useless. Once you have flight, you still have more achievements, as well as world PvP and future patches. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WHOOOOOOSH!

That's the sound of the point their (admittedly shitty) argument is trying to make as it goes whizzing over your head.

I'll help you out though, as you clearly can't figure it out on your own: Their argument is that flying makes the game actually enjoyable and relaxing to play, and having to wait this long to get it is fucking absurd, especially since the brunt of the things you had to do to get to that point would have been one of the most useful things to have flying for in the first place.

But... you're clearly a PVPer, so I don't expect you to get that. No worries though. I thought I'd try anyway. Please continue trying to sound edgy, hip, and cool. It's totally working. No really, it is. Honest. Yep, definitely.

The sandstone Drake is a taxi mount that you can buy from an alchemist iirc. It's pretty old so I don't see it being very expensive but I can't guarantee that
    Last time i played it was kinda expensive. The mats are vendor bought so ofc they are not hit by inflation as such but non the less. The reason they were very cheap in cata was due to massive duping.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    WHOOOOOOSH!

That's the sound of the point their (admittedly shitty) argument is trying to make as it goes whizzing over your head.

I'll help you out though, as you clearly can't figure it out on your own: Their argument is that flying makes the game actually enjoyable and relaxing to play, and having to wait this long to get it is fucking absurd, especially since the brunt of the things you had to do to get to that point would have been one of the most useful things to have flying for in the first place.

But... you're clearly a PVPer, so I don't expect you to get that. No worries though. I thought I'd try anyway. Please continue trying to sound edgy, hip, and cool. It's totally working. No really, it is. Honest. Yep, definitely.
    Except he is refering to some posts on this site that stated the exact argument he said. Which he was refering to... soo...

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point I forgot about the duping that took place for a while a few years ago

Still guess its a lot cheaper than i remembered checking up on it. 8x 3000g + 1x 5000g vendor mats + some cata consumables and regents. Its not so terrible taking into account the gold generation this expansion and the one before.

Bought mine for 8k though which is still miles cheaper :P

I never understood "oh it's all useless now" because it's not, even if you ignore the "content" or whatever you want to call it, there is still mat farming, leveling alts, etc. World Content is still valid, maybe not for gearing or rep or whatever, but for other purposes it's still useful. Even OP's reason alone is enough to not call it "stupid". But it's so freeing like a weight off the shoulders to get up there and soar.