Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The odd thing about it is just about every game, most if not all bigger than WoW audience wise, came knocking as fast as they could as soon as Blizzard ditched him. Those communities have been pretty welcoming to him even as he goes though the learning stages of those other games. To be frank it sounded a whole lot more like Blizzard didn't like his opinion on BFA and once he made those opinions very public he was just not invited back.
    I remember his first Dota 2 major this season, people hated him for the first couple of days. He was nervous af as a host, his dota knowledge was non existent, and still he managed to pull himself up (probably read some of the criticism). Now most of dota 2 community like him, wouldnt mind having him host more tournaments
    Last edited by cago; 2019-07-20 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Doesn't matter how much she knows if her presentation is sh!t.And i am watching her streams.She may need a lot more practice before becoming a proper commentator.
    I agree. Naguura might know a lot about the game, but she has a problem applying her knowledge and articulating it effectively. Naguura's not a good commentator (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I mean, if you're given a position by Blizzard, you'd literally be the most stupid person on this planet to throw that away just because you want to share an opinion that nobody is gonna remember or even care about 15 minutes later.
    His own fault in this case if that truly was the reason why they let him go.

I'd say it'll be far more enjoyable without him.
    The deal is throwing it away got him more work on bigger shows. Honestly it was a huge win for him to be honest about a game in decline. Honesty does pay and it is good to see Rich moving on and getting bigger because of it. Hell he even gets to host on the BIGGEST WoW shows on the internet with the world first race where Blizzard cannot touch him. He won, you may not like it.. but he did. I am not sitting here saying I am some big fan of any caster because to me they are just people that talk about video games on pretty amature entertainment and productions at best. But he put himself out there and got ahead for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Actually the other way around. If I want comedy I go watch a comedian.
    When I watch MDI I want to listen to people who are not clueless.
    K I think you miss the point and don't understand what he's saying.

Have you ever watched her streams? she's quiet and stumbles over her words most of the time and doesn't look like she knows what to say next, she might know lot about WoW, but she doesn't ever seem like she knows how to form it into words.

No comedy club would hire a comedian who just stood there looking nervous playing with their hair

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The deal is throwing it away got him more work on bigger shows. Honestly it was a huge win for him to be honest about a game in decline. Honesty does pay and it is good to see Rich moving on and getting bigger because of it. Hell he even gets to host on the BIGGEST WoW shows on the internet with the world first race where Blizzard cannot touch him. He won, you may not like it.. but he did. I am not sitting here saying I am some big fan of any caster because to me they are just people that talk about video games on pretty amature entertainment and productions at best. But he put himself out there and got ahead for it.
    It depends, I highly doubt the money flow is any better after he got dropped by Blizzard. Not only is it good pay but it's also a steady income which he no longer has.
    He isn't doing so well on Twitch either so it is what it is, I think he might have a good position for a year or two but then will fade into irrelevancy, I personally would've kept it going with Blizz, it's just way more predictable in terms of pay.

Cayna is insufferable, he's so edgy at times it gets really awkward with the other casters.

Also funny how they're all chugging energy drinks and eating pizza, totally not stereotypical

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    " Max level characters can be very lucrative and gives an edge in the game over players not having them"

Can they fuck - give me one meaningful example of that being true

Oh and personally, I've never been banned, and I never will be
    For example during the end of Legion and WoD, gold generation.
    Having access to other characters as a raider (professions, filling a different role etc)
    Farming lockout shit (more characters = more runs = more reward).

You're clearly ignorant on the matter, but that doesn't change fact. And, of course, the since-forever-running fact that you sign an agreement to play the damned game which clearly states that such transgressions comes with a penalty. With your attitude, I sincerely doubt you'll never be banned, either that or you're just playing ignorant to be obstinate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    You know what other exploit was going on at the same time? People explotiing alchemy profession item to amass consumables. And I don't see any evidence of people getting banned, I still have 1000 flasks left. Just some Blizzard&Exploits trivia.
    Yup, for example that one.

Don't get surprised when the bans for that exploit start rolling out though, there's been people getting hit with bans for shit they pulled months and months prior to a banwave. Then they throw their hands up in the air and go "What did I do??". Always entertaining.

Your first example doesn't exist anymore
    Your other two don't make sense, if you don't have a capped toon - you're not raiding, and you don't keep armor enough to farm trasmog

You can say what you like, the fact is - Blizzard has forgiven far worse / damaging exploits than leveling bugs - and the only motivation for that is the monetary reason. No one would have been banned if boosts didn't exist. They didn't ban anyone for the crafting bug, they don't normally ban players for boss exploits - because that doesn't affect the $$$.

Blizzard have never been consistent or fair with bans - don't try and pretend otherwise lol
    How do you know 8.3 won't put such a system in place again? I'm already making bank from having just 7 characters at 120. If I could get 5 more tomorrow, I'd be making even more bank.
    My other 2 make perfect sense. Don't pretend that the only people using the exploit were those without max level toons. And there's gold to be made from lockout content.

Consistency is so so, but "fair"? You literally agree to their rights as you choose to play the game. Exploit at your own peril, don't cry for sympathy once you're caught out and it's decided what you did was serious enough to warrant a ban. AKA, what Preach and the people listening to him/Ownedcore were doing.

If it were really about selling boosts, they would make said boost max level from the start, and price it to sell. The conspiracy doesn't hold water when put under scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I've really enjoyed Bay, Preach and JB and couple of the other non-WoW casters, but some of them haven't quite "matched" (Tettles for example).

I also wish they'd have a bit more diversity with the guests, Cayna's been there for 17 times. It got old really fast.
    I mean it's not like they can really force people into this. Cayna is good at talking and has been willing to do these things since Uldir where he was casting. Sure it would be awesome to see more of them out there but in one way I feel like we can't really force them into something.

How do you know it will?
    And no, it's different, because in BFA you need to actually do work to make that bank - whereas in Legion/ WoD all you needed was to just have the capped toon, so again - having a 120 means literally nothing.

I never said Blizzard shouldn't ban - but at least be consistent about it, the fact that Preach got banned for leveling quickly, and Method didn't get banned for exploiting a bugged boss makes literally NO sense, if you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell ya
    And yet there were numerous people whining about the effort needed to setup the toons. Hell, I had 50 characters at 110, but only 12 of them setup to earn gold due to said upkeep.

If having a 120 means "literally nothing", then I don't know what to tell ya. 5 more characters at 120 would net me like 70% more income with less setup than what was needed for the WoD/Legion gold generation.
    And: The fact still remains that players agree to a TOS and have no right exploiting and expecting leniency. The ban made perfect sense in light of Preach being so flippant AND spreading the exploit. Plain as day. There's also the unwritten rule of clever use of mechanics vs exploit, which has been tethered without being crossed many times. That didn't apply in the case with Preach.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-20 at 10:30 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    All exloits are against TOS. But even that line is pretty shady since they dont want to mass ban people. But the whole Preach thing had two big factors in it. 1. He is really popular streamer who has worked with Blizzard events in the past, they hold him to a lot higher standard because of that. 2. He basically adviced people to do it by saying "you wont get banned for this".
    Edit. And it didn't help that Preach got mad about the ban and made a video about it because he thought he was entitled because of his past with Blizzard.
    Huh, you need to watch this video at least once. What you said is about 99% wrong about the message of the video. So watching it at least once or simply not talking about something you don't know would do you good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Hey we know we say bug abusing and exploiting the game is against the rules, but we flew this exploiter and bug abuser across the world, paid him a ton and gave him an all expense paid trip!!!!" Seriously dude?

It would be like if someone in. The olpymics did drugs to win, and then instead of taking his medals and banning him... Took his medals but still treated them like they did nothing wrong...
    I see you're from Ontario, Canada. However I understood nothing of your English, you can try again in French but if the post still makes no sense I can't help you any further, my Korean isn't good enough.

EDIT: wait I think I get it, you mean that if someone was in the olympics, cheated, and got basically no punishment.

The big difference here is that when you cheat in the olympics you take something away from someone. When you cheat in WoW you don't take anything away from anyone because it's not a competition, everyone can get everything, there is no victim or unfairness. Actually there is unfaireness but only in PvP when blizzard doesn't do their job of balancing classes decently, but Blizzard won't punish themselves for that so I don't see why someone who affects the game in a way that is NOT AS BAD as what Blizzard does should get extra punishments.

If anything, I bet there was people who were not even subbed to the game who saw Preach do this and they resubbed just to level toons that way, he probably made them more money than they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Because he broke the rules, even acknowledging it while he was doing it. Then he spread the word. Having him around sets a bad precedent because it sets up a one rule for public faces where rules really do not matter and another set for the rest of us where they do.
    I would like to know what was the punishement for the employee who put that bug in the game, since that was the source of the issue, objectively worse than exploiting the bug.
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2019-07-22 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I would like to know what was the punishement for the employee who put that bug in the game, since that was the source of the issue, objectively worse than exploiting the bug.
    Is this a troll post?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Is this a troll post?
    I don't know, you tell me. Actually no don't tell me, you sound like someone who thinks it's fine to work like an idiot then punish people who take advantage of the mistakes you shouldn't have done in the first place.

Blizzard should have said "sorry WE FUCKED UP but you shouldn't have taken advantage of this" and then revert the boosted toons and that's it. They gained nothing from banning someone after they(blizzard) fucked up.

Actually scratch that, I'm wrong, they gained something: shame.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Please do not get Preach or Asmongold for commentary please, they are like the ugliest streamers I have ever seen coupled with terrible and toxic personality. Watching them commentate would make me puke out all my meals instantly
    The idea that Preach is somehow toxic is a completely misguided one. The only reason some people believe that is he made a couple discussion videos in which he criticized the systems of BfA (with which I didn't really agree btw) and that wasn't toxic, he just presented some critical ciews. Otherwise the guy is literally a fountain of positivity. I've never seen any hate, toxicity and witchhunts in his content.

Especially somehow putting him on equal footing with Asmongold is completely unfair, because that guy literally goes after people on streams and stalks them on social media to prove they are stupid in his opinion. Comparing someone to that kind of a person just because you disagreed with one criticism on the game he made is really low and disgusting.

I'm not even gonna comment on the insults towards people's physicality. You must be the prettiest person on earth I guess.

I don't know, you tell me. Actually no don't tell me, you sound like someone who thinks it's fine to work like an idiot then punish people who take advantage of the mistakes you shouldn't have done in the first place.

Blizzard should have said "sorry WE FUCKED UP but you shouldn't have taken advantage of this" and then revert the boosted toons and that's it. They gained nothing from banning someone after they(blizzard) fucked up.

Actually scratch that, I'm wrong, they gained something: shame.
    They didn't gain shame just because you and others are not lucid enough to understand the TOS which you agree to when playing their damned game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Please do not get Preach or Asmongold for commentary please, they are like the ugliest streamers I have ever seen coupled with terrible and toxic personality. Watching them commentate would make me puke out all my meals instantly
    I might not like his fans treating Preach like a Preacher, but he is in no way on the level of Asmongold in terms of toxicity.
    And commentators should be good at what they do with knowledge about what they're talking about, looks can come second and third place, or not be a factor at all because fuck shallowness.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then what? Their ego because a bug was made public? Only way they can be that mad is because they got hurt or lost something.
    It's not just that. The vast majority of his content is talking about how horrendous Blizzard is as a company, how incompetent they are as designers, why the game is ass compared to some arbitrary point in its history, etc. That's not exactly the kind of person that a company is going to choose to represent them in any sort of event. Having unrivaled passion for the game doesn't mean much if your content/persona has a habit of attacking the product with impressive fervor.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I really enjoyed listening to Adam Bay and Preach.I was making dinner and from time to time went to see what they were explaining lol.I think they know a lot especially Preach.I don't know when was Adam Bay's last at time at Method but then i heard him for 1st time and i liked him a lot.Now my opinion of him increased a lot.

Why isn't Blizzard inviting them for MDI's instead of Naguura or
    I think it will be awesome to have:
    AutomaticJak, Preach, Sloot, Rich fuk!ng Campbell (he always make me laugh), Adam Bay.
    because teens rather watch titties located on nice female body then a bald obeese dude commenting

harsh but truth .

thats what 99,9% of female streamers make their money on.

horny teens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The idea that Preach is somehow toxic is a completely misguided one. The only reason some people believe that is he made a couple discussion videos in which he criticized the systems of BfA (with which I didn't really agree btw) and that wasn't toxic, he just presented some critical ciews. Otherwise the guy is literally a fountain of positivity. I've never seen any hate, toxicity and witchhunts in his content.

Especially somehow putting him on equal footing with Asmongold is completely unfair, because that guy literally goes after people on streams and stalks them on social media to prove they are stupid in his opinion. Comparing someone to that kind of a person just because you disagreed with one criticism on the game he made is really low and disgusting.

I'm not even gonna comment on the insults towards people's physicality. You must be the prettiest person on earth I guess.
    thats not why people think preach is toxic

Preach is living in his own tiny bubble of cutting edge mythic raiding guild and plays only with cutting edge players refusing to accept that there are literaly milions of people who play WoW in different way then he is.

the only time he made a solid effort to check how other side plays game is when back in legion he made a short series when he leveld and geared up anonymusly .

and he given up researching this enviroment almost imidiately because resoulst were unacceptable to him how differently most of players see and play WoW. yes he got AoTC - but resoults scared him because of how differently normal people percive game

he is desperately trying to preserve his own bubble because he dont want to play game the way majority of players play it.

in this way he is very toxic .

look at his video about benthic gear - rant rant rant - while milions go to nazjatar every day and enjoy farm of pearls.

and couldnt care less what mythic nolifers think about benthic gear.

blizzard finally in BfA admited that the gearing systems needed to be changed - and thus we see emmisaries with good gear and very strong benthic gear.

this is complete rework of gearing systems - and guess what - milions love this new way of gear acquisition - just look how thriving and alive zones are when there is gear emmisary .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-07-23 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because teens rather watch titties located on nice female body then a bald obeese dude commenting

harsh but truth .

thats what 99,9% of female streamers make their money on.

horny teens.

- - - Updated - - -

thats not why people think preach is toxic

Preach is living in his own tiny bubble of cutting edge mythic raiding guild and plays only with cutting edge players refusing to accept that there are literaly milions of people who play WoW in different way then he is.

the only time he made a solid effort to check how other side plays game is when back in legion he made a short series when he leveld and geared up anonymusly .

and he given up researching this enviroment almost imidiately because resoulst were unacceptable to him how differently most of players see and play WoW. yes he got AoTC - but resoults scared him because of how differently normal people percive game

he is desperately trying to preserve his own bubble because he dont want to play game the way majority of players play it.

in this way he is very toxic .

look at his video about benthic gear - rant rant rant - while milions go to nazjatar every day and enjoy farm of pearls.

and couldnt care less what mythic nolifers think about benthic gear.

blizzard finally in BfA admited that the gearing systems needed to be changed - and thus we see emmisaries with good gear and very strong benthic gear.

this is complete rework of gearing systems - and guess what - milions love this new way of gear acquisition - just look how thriving and alive zones are when there is gear emmisary .
    Preach speaks for one spectrum of the player base that enjoys the game being challenging, and gear rewards that are proportionate with the difficulty. And that’s all good.

Asmongold speaks to the more casual spectrum of the community that enjoys mount farming, and general goofing around in the game. And that’s all good too.

Neither is more right or more wrong or more “toxic” than the other. They just cater to different demographics.

I’m just glad that there’s such a diverse selection of things to do in the game. You can be hardcore and have fun, and you can be casual and have fun too. Don’t get the whining, really.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's not just that. The vast majority of his content is talking about how horrendous Blizzard is as a company, how incompetent they are as designers, why the game is ass compared to some arbitrary point in its history, etc. That's not exactly the kind of person that a company is going to choose to represent them in any sort of event. Having unrivaled passion for the game doesn't mean much if your content/persona has a habit of attacking the product with impressive fervor.
    Of course they're gonna prefer the people who lie and say everything is perfectly fine and super fun while we grind rep through world quests in zone that we won't ever go back to once we get the rep. That's the PR thing. In the mean time, the devs are listening to what he says because it's a lot more useful to fix the flaws than listening to people who enjoy mediocre content. If you want to get better at something you need to face the issues, not roll around in compliments of what you did right. Blizzard has been rubbing compliment cream on their chest for too long, they started believing they can't make something bad, well hello there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They didn't gain shame just because you and others are not lucid enough to understand the TOS which you agree to when playing their damned game.

- - - Updated - - -

I might not like his fans treating Preach like a Preacher, but he is in no way on the level of Asmongold in terms of toxicity.
    And commentators should be good at what they do with knowledge about what they're talking about, looks can come second and third place, or not be a factor at all because fuck shallowness.
    What you mean me? I didn't do that exploit, I already legally exploited the pre-legion invasion which was an even more stupid way to level up toons than this bug was, an entirely made by Blizzard. Now what? It's suddenly illegal to lvl slower than something lame they did on purpose in the past? Not only is this entire drama a fucking waste of time, it's full of double standards and arbitrary decisions entirely based around their feelings and how they think it's required to send a message through a popular streamer.

They're free to do what they want, but just because there's a rule doesn't mean that rule is smart and it doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed or at least consider the context.

I really enjoyed listening to Adam Bay and Preach.I was making dinner and from time to time went to see what they were explaining lol.I think they know a lot especially Preach.I don't know when was Adam Bay's last at time at Method but then i heard him for 1st time and i liked him a lot.Now my opinion of him increased a lot.

Why isn't Blizzard inviting them for MDI's instead of Naguura or
    I think it will be awesome to have:
    AutomaticJak, Preach, Sloot, Rich fuk!ng Campbell (he always make me laugh), Adam Bay.
    I came to stomp you for not inviting Ziqo to the comentator desk, but then I realized you're refering exclusively to mythics dungeons.

I still dig your avatar tho, one of my all-time favourites!!