View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    who will be asking for extension ? unless Commons could force PM Johnson to do so or he is all of a sudden interested in a never ending cycle, it wont happen.
    Basically, if it gets close to the withdrawal date and Johnson hasn't negotiated a better deal and got it through parliament (not going to happen) or organised another referendum (unlikely) then parliament will pass a vote of no confidence in the government triggering a general election, parliament will then petition the EU for an extension (which the EU has already confirmed it will grant for an election or a referendum).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Basically, if it gets close to the withdrawal date and Johnson hasn't negotiated a better deal and got it through parliament (not going to happen) or organised another referendum (unlikely) then parliament will pass a vote of no confidence in the government triggering a general election, parliament will then petition the EU for an extension (which the EU has already confirmed it will grant for an election or a referendum).
    Jesus... they should do it right the fuck now and not wait "close to the withdrawal date". See, this is what the EU doesn't want to see... the British Government and Parliament is still not taking this seriously. To them it's still just a game and nobody else is invited. Nevermind that the EU is waiting.

I would pull a veto out of principle just for this. I would call them right now and tell them they got a week to start sorting shit out or they may save themselves the trip to Brussels to ask for an extension... But I'm not as polite as our leaders.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Great to see the UK got an extension and used it to accomplish nothing, it'll be fucking hard to sell another short extension request to the EU.

A GE will end up with a similar useless result

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Great to see the UK got an extension and used it to accomplish nothing, it'll be fucking hard to sell another short extension request to the EU.

A GE will end up with a similar useless result
    Look at the bright side, the Brexit Party may win and we would be rid of Farage in the EP.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Look at the bright side, the Brexit Party may win and we would be rid of Farage in the EP.
    Could only hope, it's honestly like a Girlfriend who breaks up but does not leave the house since she's got nowhere to go, occupies the living room and keep bitching about how fucked up the relationship was. Fucking leave already then.

My opinion over the last year really went from "I hope they'll revoke or get a good dea, so the UK and EU will get the best out of a stupid situation" to fuck that just kick them out.

Could only hope, it's honestly like a Girlfriend who breaks up but does not leave the house since she's got nowhere to go, occupies the living room and keep bitching about how fucked up the relationship was. Fucking leave already then.

My opinion over the last year really went from "I hope they'll revoke or get a good dea, so the UK and EU will get the best out of a stupid situation" to fuck that just kick them out.
    You're not alone in that. But if they somehow manage to cancel the entire thing, I'd be happy. I just have zero faith left in that country atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus if they revoke Brexit, Farage would be very likely to win the GE. So we wouldn't just have to deal with Farage in the Parliament, he'd be in the fucking Council
    Going with FPTP it's not as likely as people think. He might get the most votes but the split might as easily let Labour or LD in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think FPTP goes both ways in that Tory voters who just want to keep Labout out might see Brexit Party as more likely to have a majority in their constituency. I mean I remember the poll showing that Tory members would be ok with Brexit that would ruin the economy and the union but NOT ok with one that would mean Corbyn is in parliament.
    It could easily go many ways I'm sure. Yeah Labour would lose a few up north. But in areas where remain is strong and Labour pushed for remain they could edge out wins in areas they have not done before. If not Labour then it could easily be heavy damage for Tories and Labour with the country behind the LDs where Remain is strong and we have the most hung of parliaments. It's a complete mystery how things could happen.

I mean it could also happen is that everyone shits their pants and go for tried and true Tory/Labour.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    But if they somehow manage to cancel the entire thing, I'd be happy. I just have zero faith left in that country atm.
    Don't worry, at this point there's basically only two ways left it can go and they both result in the end of Brexit. Johnson will never get the WA through the house and the EU will not amend it and he knows all of this.

So we will have either scenario A: Johnson runs down the clock to try and force no deal, parliament trigger a no confidence motion resulting in a general election and then either Johnson or Corbyn (as the resulting PM) will go with the last option, a referendum on no deal vs no brexit. Or scenario B: Johnson sees sense and decides not to risk his premiership to delay the inevitable and goes with the last option, a referendum on no deal vs no brexit. Either way the result will be a remain victory and this time the margin will be so wide it will leave no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tathalapas View Post
    I cannot believe people are seriously considering voting LD again after they sold out their voters in 2010.
    They're probably seriously considering voting LD again because that never happened it's just tabloid guff.

In 2010 the Lib Dems pretty much took up position as a human shield protecting the people of the UK from the firestorm of Tory austerity, most people who voted LD in 2010 have now realised (thanks to experiencing four years of full force Tory government without the LDs to protect them) that they were wrong to blame them in 2015.

Either way the result will be a remain victory and this time the margin will be so wide it will leave no doubt.
    I wish I had your optimism. At this point I fear the inevitable outcome will be the opposite: no matter what happens, the result will be crashing out with no deal.

They're probably seriously considering voting LD again because that never happened it's just tabloid guff.

In 2010 the Lib Dems pretty much took up position as a human shield protecting the people of the UK from the firestorm of Tory austerity, most people who voted LD in 2010 have now realised (thanks to experiencing four years of full force Tory government without the LDs to protect them) that they were wrong to blame them in 2015.
    Sorry but that is pretty much exactly what happened. For me the most obvious example is student fees, a policy they ditched within minutes of negotiating room with the Tories, they ditched a vote on PR equally as quickly and if you go through their manifesto from 2010 the vast majority of it was not met in the slightest, even after 5 years in government.

Sure, they had some mediating effect on Conservative economic policy but they also facilitated and actively encouraged it.

If the Lib Dems had refused to accept any deal they were offered the Tories would never have been able to form a government at all and we would have had another general election, potentially avoiding austerity altogether.

Not just that (though it is important) but also most of the good things that happened under the coalition were because of the LD.

Free school meals for infants.
    The raising of the Income Tax personal allowance from £6475 to £10,600
    Bringing marriage equality to most of the nation was really a LD achievement that Cameron tried to claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    If the Lib Dems had refused to accept any deal they were offered the Tories would never have been able to form a government at all and we would have had another general election, potentially avoiding austerity altogether.
    Which would have gone the same way and repeat for a long ass time. Does no one read history about how the country was in a basic standstill when no one could do shit because of how we end up with heavy minority governments that collapsed in months to a couple years tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not just that (though it is important) but also most of the good things that happened under the coalition were because of the LD.

Free school meals for infants.
    The raising of the Income Tax personal allowance from £6475 to £10,600
    Bringing marriage equality to most of the nation was really a LD achievement that Cameron tried to claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Which would have gone the same way and repeat for a long ass time. Does no one read history about how the country was in a basic standstill when no one could do shit because of how we end up with heavy minority governments that collapsed in months to a couple years tops.
    They pledged to scrap tuition fees and then all their MPs promised to vote against a rise. They then voted to triple them.
    They consistently backed Osbourne budgets, including measures like cuts to top rates of tax and raising VAT
    They voted for big cuts to police numbers when they had promised to raise them.
    They totally abandoned attempts to end Trident, although they did manage to put off renewing it for a couple of years
    They failed to bring about either voting reform or Lords reform they had promised.
    They backed a deeply unpopular and incredibly expensive restructure of the NHS.
    They helped cut school funding and then tried to claim they had increased funding through Pupil Premium (not really true).
    They supported the move to universal credit.

The LibDems may have had some moderating influence and they may have achieved a couple of things but it really is nothing compared to the promises they broke and Tory policy they actively endorsed.

The point is they never the threat of the Tory government collapsing win them anything. It was fairly clear that the Lib Dems were going to stick in coalition whatever happened and the Tories exploited that idiocy. If they were so distressed by their actions of the government partners they would have walked away. They didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Did you? Boris is a lying piece of shit STOP falling for everything he says, he is only saying things you want to hear so he can get his way and he won't actually do anything about it fuck Boris that clown isnt even worth looking into.
    Again what does this have to do with anything I have written? If you can't be bothered to look into the subject why do you think anyone should be bothered with your uninformed opinion? So instead of wasting everyone's time why not try addressing what is in the article instead of throwing around insults?

Uninformed... (facepalm) YOUR words "Boris might not be so bad afterall." dude the guy is a lying piece of shit stop being so damned dense and stupid, I thought you were more intelligent than this, guess I was mistaken.
    This is the fourth time you've replied to me and failed to address what was in the article. My post was in relation to the article that I linked and you repeatedly stating that Johnson is liar and this, that and other does not address what was it.

Do you want to have another go and try to address the points raised in the article? (you never know it might be fifth time lucky!)

7+ Year Old Account
    This is excruciating eurochums. Genuine butterflies in the belly moment, 2 hours to go until we find out. Will it/Won't it be Boris.

Will the EU get the UK PM they deserve? Rees-Mogg as UK ambassador to Europe?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    This is excruciating eurochums. Genuine butterflies in the belly moment, 2 hours to go until we find out. Will it/Won't it be Boris.

Will the EU get the UK PM they deserve? Rees-Mogg as UK ambassador to Europe?
    Funny how someone who bitches so much about the EU being un-democratic, can be so excited about 0.35% of the British population deciding the next PM.

Boris will get the nomination, and fail horribly to do anything other than a new referendum/GE and postpone Brexit.... again

Fuck you you twat.

- - - Updated - - -

And fuck you too, I read the article and saw nothing of interest there accept Boris is saying he'll do something which he never does but you dumb twats are choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh dear.

If you saw nothing of interest in the article then why did you decide to reply multiple times? But you clearly did not read it as it based on a Sunday Times piece about representatives from EU certain member states meeting with UK counterparts and the potential of the political declaration being changed enough for the current deal to pass through Parliament.

It might be true or it might not. Time will tell. However if Johnson can get the current deal through parliament it would be a significant achievement regardless of his past record.

But I do appreciate that reading the article was probably more hassle for you than throwing around a few insults and hoping that no-one notices or can be bothered to point out that you have no idea what you're talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny how someone who bitches so much about the EU being un-democratic, can be so excited about 0.35% of the British population deciding the next PM.

Boris will get the nomination, and fail horribly to do anything other than a new referendum/GE and postpone Brexit.... again
    I agree we likely face a quick autumn GE. The purge of faux Lib Dem Conservatives infecting their party left over from the Cameron/Clegg days can't come soon enough. Johnson vs Corbyn? Corbyn doesn't stand a chance, he is as electable as a slug, bring on that Brexit/Tory Party - Farage/Johnson coalition government by Christmas!

The EU will be looking back at the Theresa May days and wondering where they went so wrong.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I prefer to hold off any counting of chickens.