Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Disney is a Cancer. It want's to own everything, Herr Mouse is trying to take over the world, and we're letting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Disney didn't even want to control any of the lucas arts games so they handed them over to EA. It is true that Blizzard could be a cash cow again IF the right management was put in place but even Disney is having a hell of a time understanding who to put in charge of things like the star wars franchise.

The only people this would probably be good for is the shareholders that want Activision/Blizzard stock to spike so they can sell high or have Disney stock to sell later. If for some insane reason they did buy it then they would probably hand it over to EA to manage, and good luck with that bunch of cash grabbing D-bags.
    Or they let Blizzard run itself and support it even harder, ala MCU. It really comes down to: does the bought company already have strong direction/leadership already? If not, they'll try to find that themselves.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's been a gap to play along with the Marvel cinema experience, it's not that far out to suggest, especially as people ask and wonder what's next for Disney as the Marvel lineup for this round is finished for now.
    They've often been sort of screwed by other game studios they've worked with in the past so it makes sense to adopt their own along with the franchises within that. Off the back of the success of the Marvel-lineup it would be cool to see more movies and stories in the same vein in the Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft universes - not to mention games for their own stuff. There used to be a time where you'd get a game with whatever new movie they made. The Mouse knows its craft and marketing in order to make money and expand business as much as possible. Innovation in the video-game industry has reached a point where it's all about graphics, drawing crows and extorting them anyhow, as people look to VR and new ways of interfacing, things are calming down as people turn to f2p mobile markets or streaming entertainment. It makes sense to get on board and establish control and standards on top of all the good know-how to spin even more gold off their brands and franchises. Amazing movies, show-series and amazing games can only end up benefiting each other.
    The copyright issues is its own discussion/can-of-worms, they can own a brand/franchise-IP but not a story/drawing, especially not forever. Basically they have to pick their identifying symbol, they can't have it all, nobody can.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Part of me thinks it would be cool to have a "Warcraft Land" area in a major theme park, I don't want Disney to run(ruin) it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    Not very high... warcrafts story was never really all that good... warcraft 3 comes closet but it isn't all that orginal of a story when you break it down.

I think that for a warcraft movie to be successful it would need to be an orginal story like the discontinued manga shorts
    Or the arthas story, told in 2 parts
    from his childhood to the ending of culling of stratholme, you got action, romance, sadness and motivational stories.
    then part 2 has the whole northrend thing, and ending with him dying at the icecrown citidal.
    boom bam billion trillion dollar idea.

part 1-
    arthas seeing the loss of stormwind and becoming friends with varian
    arthas learning that he needs to toughen up if he wishes to train
    starts raising invicible
    falls in love with jaina, they share their quips, and we learn about them
    the whole invicible dying thing is a constant flash back throughout the movie, where we see parts as flashbacks.
    we have the undead attacks, we get fights
    eventually we get to stratholme for the end, he makes the decision and has to say goodbye to his loving jaina, then as she turns her back to him he has the flashback of having to kill invincible.
    and from that he purges stratholme, either we see him do it, and curse malganis to which it ends with a panning shot to the ocean, eventually showing the distant land of northrend
    or it pans when he goes to enter the city, and it ends with "our prince you have come to save us!" no i have come to give you a mercy killing...
    and then the slow raise of distant screams, undead noises, and burning as we pan over the ocean to show northrend.

part 2-
    he returns and tells his father, we get sorta short flashback of key points of part 1
    we see the whole going to northrend thing
    finding the sword all the while the undead are seiging the base
    bassicly warcraft 3, then a few things from world of warcraft. only a few things really though, and end with him dying at the frozen throne. as his eyes slowly shut, the screen goes dark. An after credits sequence being the whole bolvar putting on the helmet thing.

imagine the wrathgate at fucking movie level quality, like hoooooooooolyyyyy fuuuuuuucccckkk
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-07-22 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    It'd be great if they purchased just Blizzard. Disney owning Blizzard would mean we could finally get a decent live-action or animated adaptation of Warcraft. Though chances are they'd do something with Overwatch first.
    That's my biggest hope. They might be locked into some contract with Legendary though.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is for certain: Disney would go after and hound private servers into the dust if they acquired Blizzard's trademarks. Disney, unlike Blizzard, is everywhere and would have no problems at all siccing their legal departments on anyone engaging in trademark infringement.

People can make light of this but the article talks a lot about their interest in e-sports. So you could expect a lot more emphasis on that in all of their IP's.

I don't think this will happen but if it did it would be a bad thing on a lot of levels.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-07-22 at 08:58 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    Please no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    That's my biggest hope. They might be locked into some contract with Legendary though.
    That was everyone's thought when they bought Star Wars too.....
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not.
    What they did to Star Wars was a travesty.
    They'd probably add a bunch of SJW shit and ruin WoW/what's left of it and than blame it on toxic fans.
    I want them to stay far away.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Not all of those are as bad sounding as you thought. Also quite topical because of the semi-recent Notre Dame fire.
    Just since its so hard to seque into this shockingly good metal cover off a WoW forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

And don't forget if some of the recent "Censoring" in blizzard games, has bothered you, it would only get 10x worse if Disney was in charge.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    wonder what the Heartless version of Arthas would be.....Oh wait. That would just be Arthas.
    inb4 "Sylvanas got Norted"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    If they purchased just Blizzard they could essentially complete their multimedia empire.

If I were to think Disney of video games, it would have to be either Blizzard or Square-Enix.
    A lot of folks talk about such a deal would mean for Blizzard but for Disney, buying a proven game developer makes a ton of sense. Right now they're outsourcing games like mad. Marvel is giving IPs to anyone willing to take the money, Lucasfilms has had an exclusivity deal with EA for years now. Buying a robust company like Acti-Blizz would let them move their games development inside the Empire. Plus they get a bevvy of strong IPs to add into the fold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    And don't forget if some of the recent "Censoring" in blizzard games, has bothered you, it would only get 10x worse if Disney was in charge.
    I mean they'd probably censor the mass murder of an entire species, but I tink we can all agree that would only have helped BFA.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    Not very high... warcrafts story was never really all that good... warcraft 3 comes closet but it isn't all that orginal of a story when you break it down.

I think that for a warcraft movie to be successful it would need to be an orginal story like the discontinued manga shorts
    Idk, ofc it needs a good story, but it already has one important thing: a complex world for the story to take place in. Imo that's already half of it.

inb4 Azeroth is just a very distant set of probabilities in the Marvel multiverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Buying a robust company like Acti-Blizz would let them move their games development inside the Empire. Plus they get a bevvy of strong IPs to add into the fold.
    As long as they aren't relying on Blizzard to release more than a game or two every two years then it will be fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

God, please no. They will inject politics into something that's already fragile without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Let's say it somehow happened.

What are the chances of a Disney budget reboot of the Warcraft movie idea?
    I'm not sure but it would open up the possibility for animated media as there have been a bunch of successful Disney animated shows that cater to both young and adults such as Gravity Falls.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)