Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    With the possibility of an Alliance split in the future, it is high time that the Alliance has its Garrosh and Sylvanas moment. What kind of war crimes should the Alliance commit, where should it commit genocide, and what aesthetics should this evil Alliance have?

I am personally hoping either a Light-based Imperium-esque Holy Alliance, which exterminates all unbelievers or enslaves them with the Light. This Alliance could be led by a corrupted Anduin and would start its fall by destroying Silvermoon, or by committing genocide of the Forsaken.

Alternatively, a Void Alliance led by Tyrande and Alleria which is based on Kalimdor and destroys Thunder Bluff. Not sure which racial group it should exterminate, though.
    The Alliance will not have a "Garrosh" or "Sylvanas" moment because the Horde is evil and the Alliance is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    They could put all the orcs in to slavery/internment camps...wait... They could ally with a race and then leave them to die against an army of undead...wait...The humans could abandon 2 of their sister kingdoms to the scourge, resulting in one being wiped out and one into self exile behind walls.

The Point is the Alliance is not all sunshine and rainbows. They have a past of doing things that are morally grey to evil. It would not take much to push them into pure evil status. Case and point...Jaina almost wiped out an entire city in retribution. While some can see it justified as vengeance, does not make genocide not evil.
    Oh no, the humans actually put in jail the genocidal invading aliens instead of killing them all, so mean!
    And for the record, Lordaeron was destroyed BEFORE Quel'Thalas while they were building their magic wall, so that was a little bit hard for them to help the High Elves (who weren't part of the Alliance).

I recall Varian being very much into killing the "monster" races.
    The removed quest; Battle for the Undercity

I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing. What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I would. I mean, we already had to swallow AU Gul'dan in Legion and AU Mag'hars in BfA, why should we reject an AU religious nutjob in 9.0?
    This could get more spicy if the light thas the power to raise the dead, I would love the alliance is getting Arthas flashbacks and turning a blind eye like in that ocassion again. Also Yrel is likely pulling a Sidious with controlling the nobles and later the commoner using "protection" over liberties and throwing away an inefficient goverment from Ken Anduin
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Fixed that because both sides do it. Horde are a LOT more vocal and in some cases even argue that WC1 was a positive thing.
    The writers and devs of the game only drive home the issue for the horde while the alliance acts are left sitting there with people thinking it's all bugs or not happening the way it's shown. Like that guy who thought Stormheim was the Alliance being ambushed while doing peaceful test firing of their cannons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I recall Varian being very much into killing the "monster" races.
    The removed quest; Battle for the Undercity

I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing. What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    Shh with that... you might prove Garrosh wasn't overly hostile with his later attacks in icecrown if you reference Varian posturing for war during Wrathgate events.

Blizz has called the Alliance the Captain America faction, so clearly Hydra.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Oh no, the humans actually put in jail the genocidal invading aliens instead of killing them all, so mean!
    And for the record, Lordaeron was destroyed BEFORE Quel'Thalas while they were building their magic wall, so that was a little bit hard for them to help the High Elves (who weren't part of the Alliance).
    So you're the kind of person that would tell the japanese-americans living in America during WW2 that they were just in jail. Good to know.

Also, which jails have forced gladiatorial combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    They don't have to go full War Crime really. Vanilla Alliance was pretty good. All the shit resulting from Katrana Prestor pulling the strings was glorious.

Also if Sylvanas does not get executed, I can see Tyrande, Greymane or both loosing their shits and turning on the Alliance. I would prefer Genn, since Nelves suffered enough. Then again, Tyrande turning evil would give story focus for the Night Elves for an entire expansion.

And there's always the Twilight Hammer. Even Knaifu could posess somebody.
    How do you execute the undead? Even the Lich King couldn't just be killed we had to severe his bond to the world, i.e Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The writers and devs of the game only drive home the issue for the horde while the alliance acts are left sitting there with people thinking it's all bugs or not happening the way it's shown. Like that guy who thought Stormheim was the Alliance being ambushed while doing peaceful test firing of their cannons
    That's on Blizz though for inconsistency, and I've harped on it before. I can see how it might seem like that, particularly if he/she did the quest early in the leveling rush. It was broken from sheer numbers and you could be facing the Horde bat riders before you finally finished loading, with all the dialogue not showing in your log.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Well, I believe revenge would drive any war crimes Alliance would commit.
    Since the Orcs, Forsaken, Blood Elves, and Goblins have all performed pretty atrocious acts against civilians, it would be to go after them.

Step 1: Land the Vindicaar on Tarren Mill.
    Step 2: Make a sweep up Silverpine, gathering the Plague in barrels along the way, there will be plenty as the Alliance circles up through Gilneas and Tirisfal. Hear me out.
    Step 3: Bulldoze Andorhal. It's lost, it's been a bastion of death since the third war. A site for one of Sylvannas' war crimes (Southshore, Gilneas, and Tirisfal were too but w/e). Secure Uther's Tomb and make sure Blood Elves can't desecrate it again.
    Step 4: Turn north towards Eversong. Time for some revenge for killing those Night Elves in Burning Crusade, after NEs saved Blood Elves as a race during the third war. And Theramore.
    Step 5: Use the guns on the Vindicaar to blow Silvermoon all the way to Skywall. Keep going north.
    Step 6: Remember all those plague barrels we gathered from the remainder of the Horde's war crimes? That's right, it's time to dump them all down the Sunwell. We cleansed it, they misused it. If Kel'Thuzad's bones could corrupt it, I wonder what hundreds of gallons of Forsaken Plague would do?

That just leaves Orcs and Goblins, maybe send Assassins to take out all the farms in Durotar and the Barrens in order to starve the entire population. A coordinated hit should work just like it did in Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Fixed that because both sides do it. Horde are a LOT more vocal and in some cases even argue that WC1 was a positive thing.
    I dunno. In my own experiences, Alliance fans are insufferable about it. Like....they justify the orcs being enslaved and Camp Taurajo getting burned with civilians still in the camp.

Which is exactly what happened with Garrosh. Then Varian said that they are given their last chance. Now the exact same happened. But Varian is dead and everyone else has the memory of a Goldfish. Christy Goldfish.
    Haha, lol'd hard at this! Good one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Blizz has called the Alliance the Captain America faction, so clearly Hydra.
    Can I call the Horde the Trump faction then?

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to go full War Crime really. Vanilla Alliance was pretty good. All the shit resulting from Katrana Prestor pulling the strings was glorious.

Also if Sylvanas does not get executed, I can see Tyrande, Greymane or both loosing their shits and turning on the Alliance. I would prefer Genn, since Nelves suffered enough. Then again, Tyrande turning evil would give story focus for the Night Elves for an entire expansion.

And there's always the Twilight Hammer. Even Knaifu could posess somebody.
    Sylvanas better not get off'd she's the only lore female character left on horde that's waifu babe of the week.. now as to greymane or tyrande i'd rather it be greymane he's a worgen they are blood thirsty tyrande she's a night elf she can sustain better self control and not be easily manipulated
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Sylvanas better not get off'd she's the only lore female character left on horde that's waifu babe of the week.. now as to greymane or tyrande i'd rather it be greymane he's a worgen they are blood thirsty tyrande she's a night elf she can sustain better self control and not be easily manipulated
    This is quite odd, considering how rash and impulsive she has proven to be, time and time again. If she was Horde, she'd already been hit with the villain bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    They could put all the orcs in to slavery/internment camps...wait... They could ally with a race and then leave them to die against an army of undead...wait...The humans could abandon 2 of their sister kingdoms to the scourge, resulting in one being wiped out and one into self exile behind walls.

The Point is the Alliance is not all sunshine and rainbows. They have a past of doing things that are morally grey to evil. It would not take much to push them into pure evil status. Case and point...Jaina almost wiped out an entire city in retribution. While some can see it justified as vengeance, does not make genocide not evil.
    The problem is that they stopped doing that, and they need to do that more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The Alliance will not have a "Garrosh" or "Sylvanas" moment because the Horde is evil and the Alliance is good.
    And if the races of the Horde are all evil, they are not people, therefore, for example, putting every single orc into concentration camps and then gassing them to death is a perfectly moral thing to do. Don't you agree?

After all, we have already exterminated black dragons and killed naga children. What is so different if we kill orc children in their sleep?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Can I call the Horde the Trump faction then?
    Battle for Azeroth was about the Horde allying with Mexicans, that's not very Trumpy.
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2019-07-23 at 05:50 AM.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

They dont need to make evil alliance, they just need to make the alliance pursue their own interests.
    How could they have done that?
    Easy, they should have done battle for lordaeron before burning of teldrasil. Alliance had a laundry list of motives, reasons and excuses to do so and it would have kicked off the faction conflict in a much much more sane way. doing the burning of teldrassil first ruined the story and made no sense.

we dont need evil alliance, and we done need evil horde. nations can go to war with neither being evil purely out of self preservation

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Battle for Azeroth was about the Horde allying with Mexicans, that's not very Trumpy.
    No, Sylvanas is all about "MHGA" - "Make Horde Great Again". Just listen to her "We forgot what makes us strong" bullshit. Victimizing the Horde. It's just what Trump does to incite his followers against anyone, isn't it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    How do you execute the undead? Even the Lich King couldn't just be killed we had to severe his bond to the world, i.e Frostmourne.
    Godfrey had no problem killing Sylvanas with a good old shot to the back of the head.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus post-retcon Forsaken just naturally fall apart after time.
    So just keep Sylvanas bound and gagged in the deepest cell of the Stockade. Deviantart will help with the 3D assets I'm sure

An evil Alliance can be done, but is pointless and would take wrangling virtually every race out of character. Even the easiest route - having Tyrande take over and a popular uprising behead Andy for his Horde-favouring policies runs into the problem that all their grievances are effectively true and turning them into villains puts us in the same rodeo that the Horde has played twice over.

An Alliance that actually follows its interests is on the other hand elementary and all it requires is toning down Anduin. You don't even have to kill that smarmy shit, he just needs to make some kind of error that's pointed out and shakes his faith in himself and that others have in him. The other leaders then begin to push their own interests - Dwarves with imperialism, Kul Tirans, worgen and nelves with vengeance, Lightforged vs void elves so on. You weaken that central pillar of moral perfection with whom all agree and it's easy and far more interesting. Which is precisely the reason why it won't happen.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.