Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Exclusive hall of fame rewards and m+ ladder rewards, faction locked. But in reality they will just abolish factions or add pve mercenary. At least RU is not as imbalanced because there's boosting business on Alliance as well.

Easiest solution is just to remove factions rules. Since raids are pretty often, especially towards the end of an expo, the horde and alliance teaming up to bring down a big evil, why not let the factions really group up and take it down? Makes sense from a lore standpoint if we allowed cross faction raiding and things like that.

Ofcourse they can't completly get rid of factions due to pvp. But then again they could spin it as that still existing because from fighting eachother both sides end up stronger and its all in prep for the next big evil.

Cross faction raiding would be pretty neat, might have a few lightforged draenei show up in the horde raids then.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I have noticed the faction imbalance gets massively worse with bad expansions.

I think it's cos guilds break up for lack of raiders and those left see more options on the hord side, at least that's the story for a bunch from the guild I was in befor quitting, from what I gathered from the discord chat after I think the 5th week of not being able to get 20 together for mythic half of the remainder left for the hord and the other half just quit as well. Only think a couple left for new alliance guilds.
    I mean, Legion was a good xpack in the eyes of many, but hardcore guilds still were transferring to the Horde or at the very least were planning and/or announcing their transfers. There's just no point in playing on a side that has such a small pool of hardcore or semi-hardcore players to recruit from.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Thing is, the overall faction balance is almost 50:50 at max level, at least according to the data that's available to us.

But almost all more or less hardcore raiders are concentrated on one side, and that side happens to be the Horde. Neither users, nor Blizzard can do anything about as long as there's 2 factions that can't team up. It's in raiders' best interest to be in one faction, there's no benefit in spreading between the two factions evenly, it actually makes things worse for them. When they all are on one side it means that they have a much bigger recruitment pool of like-minded people which in turn increases their chance of success.

Your only hope is the faction barrier removal. As long as it's present in the game, one side will inevitable dominate the other in various aspects of the game.
    How many of each side are Still playing? I hung about a long time in bfa compared to alot and alliance side felt dead as fuck by 8.1.5 not just raiding but in general just running around boralus. If the pop is 50/50 where are these alliance players? There not in raids as we can see or m+ and there not in pvp as we could tell from warmode and pvp que times....

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Ofcourse they can't completly get rid of factions due to pvp. But then again they could spin it as that still existing because from fighting eachother both sides end up stronger and its all in prep for the next big evil.
    There's already a merc mode for pvpers, so it's a non-issue. They could just expand it and say that literally all pvpers would become mercenaries, so they'd fight each other for money and/or glory or whatever.

The only solution is to remove the faction restrictions, combine so everyone can do everything together.

Because unlike what some of you people think, racials are actually really balanced at the moment. There is no notable enough lean either way, outside of the fact alliance is just flat better for m+ because of shadowmeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    How many of each side are Still playing? I hung about a long time in bfa compared to alot and alliance side felt dead as fuck by 8.1.5 not just raiding but in general just running around boralus. If the pop is 50/50 where are these alliance players? There not in raids as we can see or m+ and there not in pvp as we could tell from warmode and pvp que times....
    Just doing some casual stuff like pet battles, wqs, tmog runs, etc. There's A LOT of players who do only that kind of stuff, and pet battles are way more popular than one might expect, I mean, there's people who do WQs on like 7-12 chars every day, and that's all the do in this game. And most WoW players don't PvP or have WM enabled, IMHO. There's just no need for it, unless they want PvP-related tmogs, but those are relatively easy to get via even w/o PvPing.

Hopefully in 9.0 this faction BS will finally be put to rest, if the entire player base can group together without being split into red and blue that would solve the faction balance issue (and maybe also solve Blizzard's bizarre tendency to favor the Horde in most things).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I personally stopped Mythic raiding back in WoD, so I am not really that effect by this final collapse in that sense, but it hurts my beloved Ravencrest server. I've been here since it opened back in 2005.

I see 4 guilds in that top40 that used to be Alliance on Ravencrest. Their departure have surely been noticed in the world and Boralus. Sure the Sharding fix some of it. But its more of an empty shell now.

Group Therapy is an amazing guild/community, and even though I don't raid, the guild is one of the main reasons I stick around now when the server slowly dies out. If they went horde I would most likely move my main with them. Just like everyoe else seems to have done through the later years.

What to do with my 13 alliance alts on the server, is the main question. On a sidenote I also have 10 Horde level 120 characters on Draenor.
    Sorry to say it, but as you said yourself, you wanna go serious raiding, go where the most are. Also ofc this is only for mythic raiders, HC is puggable, no reason to not get 1-3 people if you struggle.

As for your alts, you can always start over man. And don't think you raid with more then 1-3 of those anyways, s if you gotta change, change just those. I was Horde on a shit server in Wrath, got all classes to max. In late Cata i decided to start over (was a kid so no money for RC of all chars), moved my main and rerolled the rest.
    Sucks, but you gotta adapt if you wanna overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Top raiders don't give a rat's ass about Horde or Alliance. They only care which faction is bigger and more active. There can only ever be ONE bigger and more active faction...that is the definition of things. People will always flock to that one faction until there is only one faction left. It's not complicated, it's human nature.
    Yup, my point exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to make the alliance more popular at top end: Make them more powerful.
    At that point it'll take a couple years and the result you'll have shown will be completely flipped, with 1-2 horde guilds and 38-39 alliance.

There is nothing Blizzard can do to even out factions outside of removing them. Because if, even for 1 patch, Alliance is more powerful and they then get nerfed back to being equal to horde, the top will already have gone alliance and then slowly people who believe themselves to be at the top will swap over to alliance, and then the people who believe themselves their equal will go alliance, and so on.

Factions have been mostly equivalent since Cata or MOP, but since the top guilds were horde in those expansions because horde was just better, people just slowly shifted to horde to get access to a better/bigger recruitment pool, or because they still believe horde to be better.

When exactly did Horde because this dominant anyways? Was it WoD/Legion? I feel it wasn't nearly as bad before that but my memory fails me.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    When exactly did Horde because this dominant anyways? Was it WoD/Legion? I feel it wasn't nearly as bad before that but my memory fails me.
    It’s only extremely imbalanced for a very selective few. The overall game ratio is pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They can't do anything. That's a community problem.

That's like complaining about the AH prices.
    The problem was created by Blizzard because of the way they designed the game in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It’s only extremely imbalanced for a very selective few. The overall game ratio is pretty balanced.
    This is sadly not true. The overall ratio is not balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can keep factions for story reasons but still let people group together for instanced content. I mean lorewise we DO group together all the time. It would be weird in a couple of places were Horde/Alliance see something different (Faction Champions and Skyship in Wrath?)
    Again this issue is mostly in high level pve, be it M+ or Mythic raiding. It doesn't have to affect anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo it snowballed in MoP and never stopped there. And early on it was mostly about racials but after a point it was far more about the recruitment pool.
    I remember trolls being really good (well they been good) in MoP but I ultimately think it was recruitment pool + blood elves giving a "prettier" option for the Horde that really pushed it over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I'm not so sure if I agree, I haven't played in a while but I could definitely feel the difference even when I played semi-casually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for one, it's much easier to get Famed Slayer as alliance.

The fix is easy, people went horde because they have the strongest racials and have had that for the longest time. Give alliance the best racials and you will see guilds faction change pretty quickly.

But we wont see any actual changes because Blizzard has an inherit bias for horde.

Removing factions is very difficult to do correctly as the game is. Pretty much everything is made with two oppposing sides (quest, hubs, BG layouts, etc).
    If you completely remove factions and let the players go wherever they want, you are creating a lot of problems with older content and faction hubs and capitals.

IMO there are two possible ways they could do this but both have some downsides and won't solve the problem completely.

1. You get rid of factions constrains for instanced content only. This would only work with auto matchmade groups or invite throught LFG function, since you would still have faction separated guilds and chat.

2. There are no factions only after the expansion when it happens. So if they scrapped it next expansion you would only be faction neutral after level 120. This would mean that after this point on there would always need to be a neutral capital city (Dalaran always following us around or something like that) and content before that expansion would still be faction based. This would need a rework on how guilds and chat works.

The best option would be a WoW 2.0 set somewhere in the future where the game is designed without factions from scratch.

Racials should've been the same. For example - orcs and humans should get the same one. Same goes for trolls and night elves etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    The fix is easy, people went horde because they have the strongest racials and have had that for the longest time. Give alliance the best racials and you will see guilds faction change pretty quickly.

But we wont see any actual changes because Blizzard has an inherit bias for horde.
    Horde had the strongest racials. BLZ decided to streamline racials several expansions ago.
    The damage was already done by then and since they are now streamlined and of the same value there was no incentive for players to change back to Alliance.

So let me repeat myself: today racials are NOT the reason, racials have not been the reason for a long time.
    It's simply by the time of the streamline the most serious raiders had to be horde cos the player pool of recruits was and still is too small on the Alliance side in order for a really hardcore guild to thrive.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well if factions go away this won’t be a issue any more will it?