Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I came to stomp you for not inviting Ziqo to the comentator desk, but then I realized you're refering exclusively to mythics dungeons.

I still dig your avatar tho, one of my all-time favourites!!
    Yea Ziqo is one of my favorite PvP commentators.I love watching his streams.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't know, you tell me. Actually no don't tell me, you sound like someone who thinks it's fine to work like an idiot then punish people who take advantage of the mistakes you shouldn't have done in the first place.
    Wow... I am going to guess your name is Karen. You sound like a Karen. Bet you even have the hair cut of a Karen.

Blizzard should have said "sorry WE FUCKED UP but you shouldn't have taken advantage of this" and then revert the boosted toons and that's it. They gained nothing from banning someone after they(blizzard) fucked up.
    Sorry Karen, you may be new to playing WoW, but banning people for exploiting the game has been a policy of Blizzards since launch. In face you are not familiar, WoW launched in 2004.. which will make it 15 years ago this November. Maybe they did not teach you this at Google University while you were pursuing your degree in Software Engineering, but bugs happen in software all the time.

And why the hysteria over a bug in a video game and some youtuber/streamer/nobody getting banned for publicizing it? It's not like the Dharan Missile bug or anything. Get over it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Wow... I am going to guess your name is Karen. You sound like a Karen. Bet you even have the hair cut of a Karen.

Sorry Karen, you may be new to playing WoW, but banning people for exploiting the game has been a policy of Blizzards since launch. In face you are not familiar, WoW launched in 2004.. which will make it 15 years ago this November. Maybe they did not teach you this at Google University while you were pursuing your degree in Software Engineering, but bugs happen in software all the time.

And why the hysteria over a bug in a video game and some youtuber/streamer/nobody getting banned for publicizing it? It's not like the Dharan Missile bug or anything. Get over it.
    Hi Cleetus, I'm Karen.

I'm Karen.
    We already know you're entitled. Don't need to repeat it.

3+ Year Old Account
    We already know you're entitled. Don't need to repeat it.
    Don't edit my post to hide your name, Cleetus, we all know your mom, aunt, and sister are the same person.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they're gonna prefer the people who lie and say everything is perfectly fine and super fun while we grind rep through world quests in zone that we won't ever go back to once we get the rep. That's the PR thing. In the mean time, the devs are listening to what he says because it's a lot more useful to fix the flaws than listening to people who enjoy mediocre content. If you want to get better at something you need to face the issues, not roll around in compliments of what you did right. Blizzard has been rubbing compliment cream on their chest for too long, they started believing they can't make something bad, well hello there.
    You've made two very wrong assumptions there. The first is that they think that any form of criticism is bad. This isn't the case. Constructive criticism is good and they welcome it. Some of their biggest streamers that they work with across all of their games are very critical of some things that Blizzard says and does. That's perfectly fine. Making your entire career about trashing their game, which is essentially what Preach has done, is not about constructive criticism and it's not helpful to Blizzard in any way.

The second is that you've assumed that the only content that matters is the content he criticizes. LFR/Normal/Heroic players make up the vast vast VAST majority of raiders and for the most part they don't take the game nearly seriously enough to ever have to worry about a lot of the things that Preach complains about. The casuals with their mediocre content as you call it are the only thing keeping this game afloat for the rest of us that actually do high end content. We're the irrelevant minority here, not them.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You've made two very wrong assumptions there. The first is that they think that any form of criticism is bad. This isn't the case. Constructive criticism is good and they welcome it. Some of their biggest streamers that they work with across all of their games are very critical of some things that Blizzard says and does. That's perfectly fine. Making your entire career about trashing their game, which is essentially what Preach has done, is not about constructive criticism and it's not helpful to Blizzard in any way.

The second is that you've assumed that the only content that matters is the content he criticizes. LFR/Normal/Heroic players make up the vast vast VAST majority of raiders and for the most part they don't take the game nearly seriously enough to ever have to worry about a lot of the things that Preach complains about. The casuals with their mediocre content as you call it are the only thing keeping this game afloat for the rest of us that actually do high end content. We're the irrelevant minority here, not them.
    No I very clearly stated that the PR side of things want only people to act like the game is perfect, I did say the devs are listening to criticism because they know it's more useful than compliments.

I never talked about casuals and didn't even say anything about content below mythic raiding being mediocre, that is you assuming random shit and putting words in my mouth. There's a lot of mediocre content in the game and I listed absolutely none of it, so if you bring up anything that is not mentioned in my post it means that's you making assumptions and being wrong, not me. You're interpreting my post in your own way instead of reading the exact words I said, don't dig, just read and stop at exactly what I said, don't try to find a message that doesn't exist and then argue with yourself about things that were never said in the first place.

naguura is literally only there for sjw quota points
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

It's not just that. The vast majority of his content is talking about how horrendous Blizzard is as a company, how incompetent they are as designers, why the game is ass compared to some arbitrary point in its history, etc. That's not exactly the kind of person that a company is going to choose to represent them in any sort of event. Having unrivaled passion for the game doesn't mean much if your content/persona has a habit of attacking the product with impressive fervor.
    Ummm... do you watch any of his content??

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean she's Sco's partner, very involved with the race and knows what's what with the game - having a woman doesn't immediately make something SJW
    Oh really? Thought he was with Djaaaaaaaaari?

That man surely has a harem of his own then..

Don't edit my post to hide your name, Cleetus, we all know your mom, aunt, and sister are the same person.
    I accept your surrender. Obviously you lack any creativity and originality to come up with anything other than insults that a first grader could outdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean she's Sco's partner, very involved with the race and knows what's what with the game - having a woman doesn't immediately make something SJW
    Shhh.... you'll upset his fragile masculinity.

3+ Year Old Account
    I accept your surrender. Obviously you lack any creativity and originality to come up with anything other than insults that a first grader could outdo.
    You called me entitled.

en·ti·tled
    /inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    I did none of the above, that means you don't even know how to use the word.

From that point on I simply played on your level because I knew it would be impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you.

I will patiently wait your semantic-filled mental gymnastic of a reply to see how deep you can dig your own grave.

I don't know, you tell me. Actually no don't tell me, you sound like someone who thinks it's fine to work like an idiot then punish people who take advantage of the mistakes you shouldn't have done in the first place.
    No, you're just a fool with a thing for Preach.

Bugs will always happen in software. Period. There's a reason the word "exploit" exists in the context of software in the first place. I'll give you a hint: It involves there being a bug. To exploit does not necessarily mean to break anything, to take anything from others, and it does not mean to hack anything. It means very simply that you have knowingly used a bug to personal advantage. It has meant this since at least the early 90s when I was playing text-based video games, and it means it today. It was bannable behavior 30 years ago, it is bannable behavior today.

Was this a bug? Yes. Was it obvious that it was a bug at the time? Yes, particularly given how you had to go to trigger it. Did he exploit it? Yes. I would go one further and ask, did he further exploit it for personal financial gain, not only making his behavior far worse but actually leading other people into bannable behavior to further that gain? Yes.

Whether Blizzard wants to ban for the exploitation of a certain bug is up to them, but arguing anybody who knowingly exploits a bug doesn't deserve the consequences is asinine. He 100% deserved it. The fact that it was Blizzard's mistake that made it possible is not only irrelevant, it is the entire reason the term exists.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2019-07-23 at 07:21 PM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    No, you're just a fool with a thing for Preach.

Bugs will always happen in software. Period. There's a reason the word "exploit" exists in the context of software in the first place. I'll give you a hint: It involves there being a bug. To exploit does not necessarily mean to break anything, to take anything from others, and it does not mean to hack anything. It means very simply that you have knowingly used a bug to personal advantage. It has meant this since at least the early 90s when I was playing text-based video games, and it means it today. It was bannable behavior 30 years ago, it is bannable behavior today.

Was this a bug? Yes. Was it obvious that it was a bug at the time? Yes, particularly given how you had to go to trigger it. Did he exploit it? Yes. I would go one further and ask, did he further exploit it for personal financial gain, not only making his behavior far worse but actually leading other people into bannable behavior to further that gain? Yes.

Whether Blizzard wants to ban for the exploitation of a certain bug is up to them, but arguing anybody who knowingly exploits a bug doesn't deserve the consequences is asinine. He 100% deserved it. The fact that it was Blizzard's mistake that made it possible is not only irrelevant, it is the entire reason the term exists.
    I didn't say he didn't deserve it, I said he's not the only one at fault.

Let's play your game but at the source o the problem this time.

Did Blizzard work on this? Yes.
    By default that means they put the bug in? Yes.
    Did they find the bug? No.
    Does that mean they fucked up? Yes.
    Did they fix the issue in time? No.
    Would fixing the issue prevent players from exploiting it? Yes.
    Did they own up to it? No.
    Did someone get punished? Yes.
    Was it the person who fucked up? No.
    Did the players who exploit this gain any unfair advantage? No.
    Was the exploit more beneficial than the legion-pre-patch invasion lvling speed? Not even close.
    Why punish them, then? Because the TOS says so for arbitrary reasons that protect them.

Basically what I'm saying is you bend over for made up rules. If there was a rule to punish employees who fuck up you'd be on my side. But the rules, made by human beings who protect themselves and not protect integrity or justice, decided to punish exploiting but not fucking up. That's why today everyone is saying retail is shit, they allowed mediocre employees to stay around, the same guy who put that bug in by mistake probably made the fucking tortollan WQs.

I didn't say he didn't deserve it, I said he's not the only one at fault.

Let's play your game but at the source o the problem this time.

Did Blizzard work on this? Yes.
    By default that means they put the bug in? Yes.
    Did they find the bug? No.
    Does that mean they fucked up? Yes.
    Did they fix the issue in time? No.
    Would fixing the issue prevent players from exploiting it? Yes.
    Did they own up to it? No.
    Did someone get punished? Yes.
    Was it the person who fucked up? No.
    Did the players who exploit this gain any unfair advantage? No.
    Was the exploit more beneficial than the legion-pre-patch invasion lvling speed? Not even close.
    Why punish them, then? Because the TOS says so for arbitrary reasons that protect them.

Basically what I'm saying is you bend over for made up rules. If there was a rule to punish employees who fuck up you'd be on my side. But the rules, made by human beings who protect themselves and not protect integrity or justice, decided to punish exploiting but not fucking up. That's why today everyone is saying retail is shit, they allowed mediocre employees to stay around, the same guy who put that bug in by mistake probably made the fucking tortollan WQs.
    For what it's worth, I like Preach and I think it'd be a bad decision both morally and commercially to let a minor infraction like exploiting a leveling bug DQ him from casting or being involved in events. Glad he was there.

That said, in his own mea culpa video he admits it was a stupid mistake that he made knowingly. Taking advantage of exploits has been against the TOS forever, and there are always punishments. You're being a little over the top here and making stuff up to support your feelings. All rules are made up. That's kind of the point. I'm not sure this is really in service of "integrity and justice" at this point.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    For what it's worth, I like Preach and I think it'd be a bad decision both morally and commercially to let a minor infraction like exploiting a leveling bug DQ him from casting or being involved in events. Glad he was there.

That said, in his own mea culpa video he admits it was a stupid mistake that he made knowingly. Taking advantage of exploits has been against the TOS forever, and there are always punishments. You're being a little over the top here and making stuff up to support your feelings. All rules are made up. That's kind of the point. I'm not sure this is really in service of "integrity and justice" at this point.
    Yeah I'm exaggerating to compare the point of view from the other side. I don't think the employee's deserve to be punish. But neither do people who use a bug that was mistakenly left in the game. That's just the logical way to see it. Making a rule that punish people who use the mistake made by someone else without punihsing the person who made the mistake in the first place is idiotic.

In a store if you find an item for 10$ and when you go to pay, the cahier says it's 20$, you can show them the sticker that says 10$ and you only pay 10$. After that the mistake is fixed and future customers have to pay the correct price as it shows. The employee is not punished, the customer who paid only 10$ is not punished, everybody is fine and we move on. Saying it's fine to punish people for using what you literally give them, is a level of idiocy that transcends any form of common sense.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I very clearly stated that the PR side of things want only people to act like the game is perfect, I did say the devs are listening to criticism because they know it's more useful than compliments.

I never talked about casuals and didn't even say anything about content below mythic raiding being mediocre, that is you assuming random shit and putting words in my mouth. There's a lot of mediocre content in the game and I listed absolutely none of it, so if you bring up anything that is not mentioned in my post it means that's you making assumptions and being wrong, not me. You're interpreting my post in your own way instead of reading the exact words I said, don't dig, just read and stop at exactly what I said, don't try to find a message that doesn't exist and then argue with yourself about things that were never said in the first place.
    1. You're still wrong there, they frequently collaborate with people that are critical of their games. They do not collaborate with people that built an entire career off shitting on everything that they've done for the last decade. There's a big difference between constructive criticism and that, and they quite frequently work with people that criticize their games in a constructive manner. It has nothing to do with PR. It is a good business practice though.

2. You gave an example of a couple of kinds of casual content as being the mediocre content. There are only two kinds of content in this game. Casual content, and Mythic raiding. I was just pointing out that we're the minority in this game. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Ummm... do you watch any of his content??
    Sadly yes I've watched quite a bit of his content. Constructive feedback plays a very minimal role in his content, most of it is just talking about how shit Blizzard is and has been for about a decade.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

3+ Year Old Account
    1. You're still wrong there, they frequently collaborate with people that are critical of their games. They do not collaborate with people that built an entire career off shitting on everything that they've done for the last decade. There's a big difference between constructive criticism and that, and they quite frequently work with people that criticize their games in a constructive manner. It has nothing to do with PR. It is a good business practice though.

2. You gave an example of a couple of kinds of casual content as being the mediocre content. There are only two kinds of content in this game. Casual content, and Mythic raiding. I was just pointing out that we're the minority in this game. Thanks though.

Sadly yes I've watched quite a bit of his content. Constructive feedback plays a very minimal role in his content, most of it is just talking about how shit Blizzard is and has been for about a decade.
    1. Again you're the one who is wrong. Preach didn't build his career on what you accuse him of doing. It would help yourself if you stopped talking about things you don't know. Preach always says when he finds something is good and never stopped himself from complimenting was is well done.

2. AAGAAAAAAAAAAAIN completely fucking wrong. Content is not casual or hardcore, because by DEFINITION used in the video game industry where I work, casual means a player that plays only a few hours or less per day, he can do ANY CONTENT HE WANTS he just doesn't play a lot. "Casual" does not describe content, it describes players. You can design content targeted mostly at casual gamers but that doesn't mean the content becomes "casual" doesn't mean hardcore player won't be able to play this content in a hardcore way either. Before you reply to this it is extremely important that you understand that if you use the word "casual" differently or heard it used differently by a lot of people IT DOES NOT MATTER, this does not change the real definition of the word and where it was first used, it only means that the people using it differently are WRONG. None of this paragraph is an opinion, all of this are facts that you need to learn, you're also free to stay wrong, changes nothing in my day and it cannot change my stance as I believe in facts, not in the alteration of them through your perspective.

All I got from your posts is you barely watched any of his content, cherry picked the ones that had the most negative title and made a very vague generalization of what he says, AT BEST.
    Pretty much every negative point he brings up comes with details as to why he thinks it's bad, that's exactly what constructive criticism is, that's almost ALL he does, how could you miss the core of his content? Like wtf.
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2019-07-23 at 08:39 PM.

I just wish Preach could cast the entire thing by himself 24/7.

You called me entitled.
    You seem to think that Blizzard making a coding error, especially one that was not foreseen, entitles you to exploit it. Not to mention Preach who got exactly what he wished by openly using an exploit and publicizing it. Just because you fap to his streams does not change facts. Sorry, he is no better than anyone else. To borrow a line from Absolutely Fabulous... He is NOT Jesus Christ. He is NOT important. He is not even interesting.

He got what he deserved. You poke the bear with a stick, it will maul you. He poked Blizzard with a stick and they mauled him. End of story.