Thread: About sco tweet

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so Limit and Pieces got sponsorship and will be leading the sponsored race while method got scrwed because of Sco greed

lol they fucked themselves nicely .

this is really good news.

- - - Updated - - -

oc it will hurt them because sorry but Red Bull is a product that everybody knows so their stream will bring a literal ton of people to watch that stream

and method ? who care about them becauses mythic nolifers who play wow.
    How did predicton plan out haha redbull dosent get over 10k while methods has 60k

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

As a viewer, what I'm mostly interested in is who will be casting each of the races. The casting is like 70% of the enjoyment of watching those streams. I wonder how that will work with 2 events at the same time.
    About that casting.....yea its safe to say redbull casting is soul destroying.
    I would rather watch a herd of turtles trying to wade through a vat of peanut butter than that crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    How did predicton plan out haha redbull dosent get over 10k while methods has 60k
    haha so much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Bull is filth. Anyone that has had anything to do with them knows this all too well by now. Sco and Method as a whole dodged a bullet here.

All the more reason to hope Limit will fail. They're every bit the villains of hardcore raiding right now.

The Red Bull stream is by far and beyond the better stream quality and contentwise. The viewercount doesnt nearly give it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Have you watched the Redbull coverage? The RedBull event is far superior to Method since its actually following 11 different guilds and their progress. They have had live interviews with 3 different asian players,Blueprint from Honestly and members from Pieces and Limit have gone to the desk to talk about their kills and progress. If you dont understand how this is competition compared to situation where everyone would be doing there own thing and Method being the only one doing some sort of event then I dont know what to tell you.
    I said "was". Now they bought in via other guilds. We'll see how it works out. I understand both PoV's. If the other guilds feel rewarded by Redbulls stream, good for them. If Method thinks they dodged a bullet, good for them. They were salty about Redbull changing original terms, they made it public, they didn't really use any bad words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    I totally get why method are salty. They're the kings of the world first race, they've done a ton of brand building, and they probably came up with the idea to make this a big event. It's fair for them to expect their payday and feel aggrieved.

Having said that.... I've watched both streams and it's clear which is best for the community. One is method employees showing method sponsors and method bias and the other is a generic stream supporting 12 guilds equally including method (if you !method in redbulls twitch chat it actually links to their stream suggesting you go watch it).

Here's hoping the redbull stream is here to stay because it's a fantastic thing for all of us.
    Method already got their pay out.
    How big was Sco's sub-train when they killed Ghuun?

They make a lot of money streaming progress.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Posting the same useless drivel while avoiding all the questions you claim to know the answers for but are too afraid to make yourself look clueless, you win.
    But I did answer your question. You asked who I would watch. You are avoiding my questions. You didn’t answer both of them.

Method, Pieces, Limit and all the other top raiding guilds are the "products" and they deserve the bulk of the financial benefits when they stream. Red Bull has no product or value in this world apart from being a third party investor/sponsor/advertisor.

Look at it this way, when a company... say Chevrolet- sponsors Manchester United football club it doesn’t make Chevrolet own Manchester United. What Red Bull is doing is buying the rights from guilds who signed up for them, the guilds might not have the infrastructure to stream and broadcast themselves but they should not sell their product to a third party. Before you know it we’ll have "Red Bull Limit", "Pepsi Exorsus", "Intel Fat Shark Yes" and other corporate guilds. Is that what we want?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Red Bull gave them wings!
    My thought as well.

What did people think the slogan meant?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so Limit and Pieces got sponsorship and will be leading the sponsored race while method got scrwed because of Sco greed

lol they fucked themselves nicely .

this is really good news.

- - - Updated - - -

oc it will hurt them because sorry but Red Bull is a product that everybody knows so their stream will bring a literal ton of people to watch that stream

and method ? who care about them becauses mythic nolifers who play wow.
    rofl. Do you work for red bull? Method stream with 10x+ more viewers, plenty of their own sponsors, and also raising over $40k for charity while not having to cave to red bull demands which would greatly reduce their proceeds from the event. Clearly they made the right decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you watched the Redbull coverage? The RedBull event is far superior to Method since its actually following 11 different guilds and their progress. They have had live interviews with 3 different asian players,Blueprint from Honestly and members from Pieces and Limit have gone to the desk to talk about their kills and progress. If you dont understand how this is competition compared to situation where everyone would be doing there own thing and Method being the only one doing some sort of event then I dont know what to tell you.
    Have you watched the method stream? They are doing the same thing except with 10x+ more viewers. I've been enjoying both streams. If you think the red bull stream is superior for the reasons you stated, you've clearly not even tuned into the method stream. I'm happy for both streams. They have both been great, method's is just clearly more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    But the other games are succesful e-sports with thriving leagues and events. WoW never been and never will be unless thay mysteriously managed to balance the game for the first time in 15 years.
    Implying a game needs to have good balance to be a successful esport- lol. In fact outside of FPS balance is a cluster fuck in pretty much every esport out there.

Being a successful esport comes down to the game 1) being popular and 2) being fun to watch at a competitive level. That is it, and that is all. Balance is not required.

WoW has traditionally lacked #2 but the WF race is actually showing how it can be.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-24 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Clearly they made the right decision.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that Method Org did not make the right decision for Method Org

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Have you watched the method stream? They are doing the same thing except with 10x+ more viewers. I've been enjoying both streams. If you think the red bull stream is superior for the reasons you stated, you've clearly not even tuned into the method stream. I'm happy for both streams. They have both been great, method's is just clearly more popular.
    So what exactly does Method stream being popular do for the other viewers? Since you are using methods viewership as something that affects the stream quality. Method stream has viewers because method has more fans compared to any other guilds combined out there right now. And no Method is not doing the same thing, they are promoting their own guild more than anything else. Red Bull stream is actually putting more emphasis on coverage of the race as whole.

Edit. About that charity, the viewers are donating to it, not Method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Method, Pieces, Limit and all the other top raiding guilds are the "products" and they deserve the bulk of the financial benefits when they stream. Red Bull has no product or value in this world apart from being a third party investor/sponsor/advertisor.

Look at it this way, when a company... say Chevrolet- sponsors Manchester United football club it doesn’t make Chevrolet own Manchester United. What Red Bull is doing is buying the rights from guilds who signed up for them, the guilds might not have the infrastructure to stream and broadcast themselves but they should not sell their product to a third party. Before you know it we’ll have "Red Bull Limit", "Pepsi Exorsus", "Intel Fat Shark Yes" and other corporate guilds. Is that what we want?
    We actually had SK gaming, Dream Paragon etc. already. It changed pretty much nothing.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2019-07-24 at 11:24 AM.

Bad analogy. If you want a better sports analogy then look at the majority of big sporting venues in the world being renamed to the sponsors arena. That's the equivalent of what redbull has done here, they're the venue and twitch channel.

The players still have free reign to host their own streams and promote their own sponsors, limit max has had more private viewers than anyone else this tier.

Serious question to you. Do you think it would be fair for all these top guilds to all play under the method channel and grow their competitors brand? Surely them all playing under an unaffiliated channel is a way better, fairer solution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Before you know it we’ll have "Red Bull Limit", "Pepsi Exorsus", "Intel Fat Shark Yes" and other corporate guilds. Is that what we want?
    Much better to have Method Limit, Method Exorsus, Method Fat Shark Yes, etc, exactly like we already do with the AWC/MDI - right?

Pretty much this... Method's stream is 90% chatting/breaks/dubstep, 9% Method gameplay, 1% other guilds. Red Bull is doing a good job of showcasing other guilds and more consistently showing gameplay. Hell, even half the casters are rooting for JTH to win over Limit/Pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Pretty much this... Method's stream is 90% chatting/breaks/dubstep, 9% Method gameplay, 1% other guilds. Red Bull is doing a good job of showcasing other guilds and more consistently showing gameplay. Hell, even half the casters are rooting for JTH to win over Limit/Pieces.
    Well that's what exclusivity does. The only 2 other relevant western guilds are exclusive to the red bull stream. They've covered JTH and other asian guilds plenty. Even Aversion, BDG and From scratch here and there, but they just aren't as interesting in the context of the wf race.

Most importantly, we see the long-term damage of handing off the 14-year-old community run RWF competition to a 3rd party corporation.
    WTF is he talking about? 14-year-old event? It just started in Uldir, until that no one even streamed it, and you could sit and refresh Wowprogress main page all day long.

Method did the only right thing! Great that they separated!

Fuck that company and their diabetes-and-overweight-killing-people-business. I have no clue wtf they are doing in the game business. Money I guess.

The gaming industries will be better off without that company.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    WTF is he talking about? 14-year-old event? It just started in Uldir, until that no one even streamed it, and you could sit and refresh Wowprogress main page all day long.
    They mean that the competition has been going on for 14 years, and it has always been only community-driven. The claim is correct.