Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    What, so you can come back and complain that everything is too easy to get?
    no no, first we complain why X guy is ahead of Y guy when one plays 2 times a week and the other 8 days a week.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It was handled better in the past imo with attunements.

That said, while dailies and gating have been around since tbc it’s also pretty undeniable that over time blizzard has leaned more and more on these mechanics to set the pace for how they want the game to be played rather than letting the player dictate the terms
    I personally liked how they did it in mop the best with the rep tokens after hitting revered, but that’s proabbly just because I like mop the best.

Wouldn’t say I disagree that they try and set the pace to the rewards but I can’t say I’d rather go back to say wod when you just farmed mobs. Mabye back to cata/wrath with the tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I personally liked how they did it in mop the best with the rep tokens after hitting revered, but that’s proabbly just because I like mop the best.

Wouldn’t say I disagree that they try and set the pace to the rewards but I can’t say I’d rather go back to say wod when you just farmed mobs. Mabye back to cata/wrath with the tabards.
    Agree with you about the tabards and rep tokens vs today

Honestly, I’d rather grind thousands of mobs in a single sitting and get it over with than have the daily train stretch on for weeks just so I can fly. Again. And again.

Sigh

It’s just such lazy and unimaginative game design. That’s what irks me the most. The older systems weren’t perfect but we have downgraded in this department over the years so that Blizz can be lazy on the effort and force us to do it at their pace

I’d rather be able to knock it all out at once rather than it drag on

My 2 cents.

Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Except the Mechagon daily gives 850 rep, and the unshackled have one emissary cache (1500 rep) every week.
    So? Doesn't change the fact its still slower than in older expansions, and certainly feels less rewarding. Though I'll admit, I'll be hitting exalted on Rustbolt/Unshackled tomorrow and it felt a lot better grind the rep than 8.0 reps.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So? Doesn't change the fact its still slower than in older expansions, and certainly feels less rewarding. Though I'll admit, I'll be hitting exalted on Rustbolt/Unshackled tomorrow and it felt a lot better grind the rep than 8.0 reps.
    Slower? Depends how hard you decide to grind. People had flying less than a week after 8.2 release. The pace of the grind is entirely up to the players.

there won't be choice in rep grinds anymore, not as long as MAU's need to be farmed.

if blizzard was half-decent, they'd allow you to choose how you want to farm. leave wq's in, bring back tabards, have mobs that you can grind like in wod, all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    dailys
    Dailies were much more rewarding rep wise than WQ will ever be. Not only didnt you have go chasing them all over the map (for a specific faction, that is) but also awarded you anywhere from 150 to 300 rep points each. Basically, one daily quest awarded you the same amount of rep as two WQs at the very least.

Slower? Depends how hard you decide to grind. People had flying less than a week after 8.2 release. The pace of the grind is entirely up to the players.
    Maybe if you read my post correctly you would realize I'm talking about 8.0 reps. Nazjatar/Mechagon rep grind and how Blizz handled it is a move in the right direction. Still not as good as it could be, but not as bad as 8.0.

Maybe if you read my post correctly you would realize I'm talking about 8.0 reps. Nazjatar/Mechagon rep grind and how Blizz handled it is a move in the right direction. Still not as good as it could be, but not as bad as 8.0.
    "it's still slower than in older expansions"

"I'm talking about 8.0 reps"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because then you would be done with all the "content" in about 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No, because then you would be done with all the "content" in about 3 days.
    but if someone CHOOSES to burn through the content in 3 days to get through the rep; that's a personal choice and comes with other consequences such as lost income irl, etc.

Blizzard choosing the pace i consume content is so very mobile game of them, and lacks imagination.

Give us rep tabards, rep for mob kills, rep for dailies/WQ... give it ALL to the players and let the player choose how they gobble it up

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    EVERY SINGLE expansion has had time gated reps of some type or anther,

Classic - Thousand sands, Hydraxian Waterlords
    BC - every single one with dailys
    Wrath - you guessed it dailys, tabards introduced for some but not all reps.
    Cata - oh my god dailys? you guessed it, tabars still here,
    Mop - have a guess, tabards now limited to factions
    WOD - who would have thought but you gussed it dailys, tabards no longer work, unless in that expac or lvling,
    Legion - World Quests.... tabards stopped working.
    BFA - World Quests....

the rep grinds have actually gotten more limited and harder to get yes,

Classic you could farm mobs for turn ins, BC some of the reps allowed this, Wrath had little to none, Cata had none.

the point is, every expansion has had a time gating of some type or another,

stop remembering what you want to, and ignoring the rest.
    In WoD the rep was only timegated with main tanaan jungle faction. EVERY OTHER FACTION you COULD kill just mobs all day which gave 1-10 rep kill and it depended on how strong the mob was grinded every rep to max in a week just killing world npcs. Oh nearly everyone hated the grind.

Also in MoP you could put a focus on a rep faction and grind scenarious all day long so no timegating it wasn't very fun though but thats besides the point.

But yeah the OP is just remembering the "good" and glorifying them.

"it's still slower than in older expansions"

"I'm talking about 8.0 reps"
    Oh my god. So since you are not that bright, ill explain it to you.

I said grinding reps was a lot faster and better in older expansions (even taking into the account Nazjatar / Mechagon).
    You say that people grinded Nazjatar and Mechagon to revered (which, remember, is half of the rep grind).
    I agreed that Nazjatar and Mechagon feels a lot better than 8.0. Still not as good as in previous expansions.

your point is? Please do explain it to me how what i said is false. Hint: its not.

edit: lol this guy below. I give up, discussion with such people is a waste of time.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2019-07-25 at 03:49 PM.

Oh my god. So since you are not that bright, ill explain it to you.

I said grinding reps was a lot faster and better in older expansions (even taking into the account Nazjatar / Mechagon).
    You say that people grinded Nazjatar and Mechagon to revered (which, remember, is half of the rep grind).
    I agreed that Nazjatar and Mechagon feels a lot better than 8.0. Still not as good as in previous expansions.

your point is? Please do explain it to me how what i said is false. Hint: its not.
    My point is: grinding the Mechagon/Nazjatar reputations is not that much slower than in previous expansions.

My point is: grinding the Mechagon/Nazjatar reputations is not that much slower than in previous expansions.
    but it is, because blizzard is choosing how fast i can consume the content.

Like others have said; put a small amount of rep on some mobs and let those who wanna grind, grind.

who does it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    but it is, because blizzard is choosing how fast i can consume the content.

Like others have said; put a small amount of rep on some mobs and let those who wanna grind, grind.

who does it hurt?
    Because the very same people will whine and complain about how it's tedious and boring and unimaginative from Blizzard to get reputations by grinding mobs. The last time Blizzard did it in WoD, it was atrocious.

Another reason could be that Blizzard wants to save you from yourself, prevent you from burning too much. The same way Blizz responded to the people that were grinding AP at an absurd level in Legion. https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyFragileGarbageSeemsGood from Ion
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-07-25 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    "How can we prolong content" is the current main design philosophy of Blizzard. It's probably not going to change.

people are hacking the game and getting flying off the bat.

More than reputations, I see two major issues:

1) Artifact power
    2) Not separate game modes

Regards artifact power, you have to grind in order to unlock stuff ( and it's not account bound stuff, but per character. An endless progression ).
    On the other hand, we do have many game modes which requires you to play other game modes in order to compete.

In order to solve the Artifact power issue, i see 2 possibilities:

a) Remove it from the game ( if players won't have anything else to do, then they could simply play something else. Or even better, blizzard could provvide better content ( since the game takes money from subs, services, pets, mounts, etc ).
    b) Make it account shared, allowing the player to play the game without thinking about the artifact stuff.

About solving the problems related to different game modes, simply put a cap in terms of equipment and limits in term of stuff you can use in it.
    For an instance, Rated Arena are currently a total mess because of pve stuff ruining them since the beginning of BFA.

And what is even more hilarious is that during Tournaments, pve stuff is forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    What are you talking about? WoD was nothing but GRINDING eputations. You could only get rep by grinding the fuck out of mobs. (I'm not including Tanaan cause that was later and it was one rep, the majority was mindless grinding) I do NOT want to go back to that shit, it's one of the biggest failures of WoD. I do miss the tabard and being able to do dungeons, because at least then you felt like you were getting something else out of your time, but yeah, WoD was one of the few NOT timegated.
    The problem with the tabard system was that it combined with other things like valor points and led to a situation where the only, or even optimal, means of obtaining what you wanted was through endlessly grinding dungeons. And it lead to burnout.