Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eldriyn View Post
    Pandering to less than 200 players out of millions. The Mythic Raiding scene in a whole.
    Yea, sure, millions of players will kill mythic Azhara. Think again, if they didn't nerf KJ, Ghun, Jaina there would be like 700 guilds with a kill. Nerfing bosses opens the chance for the "millions" more like 1000 guilds with a 25 player roster, do the math, 25k. 50k, if being very very generous and saying there will be 2k guilds killing if before next content release. You really didn't even thought about it, yea?
    If they didn't nerf it at all on the other hand.. we are looking at what? 10k players? guestimation.

I view WF race as it's own thing, but it also creates problems for the non-hc community. Take Ashvane mythic for example, it ain't particularly fun to roll to a boss where you realise suddenly you need 100k more raid dps and have to cheese it with a 3rd tank to even have a hope to down it. Now you might say I need to move to another guild, but I'm not going to pay 45€ to kill a boss and reward Blizzard for making a boss so overtuned for casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by zorrka View Post
    The nerf is reasonable and announced well in advance (unlike shadow nerfs they used in the past).
    I can't see why people are complaining really.
    You do know they've done multiple shadow nerfs this race already? Think this is a special case where the boss is likely to be killed soon after this nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Once upon a time Blizzard didn't nerf content for the sake of the world first raiders.

I remember bosses going months without dying. Was more rewarding for the team that won to claim the title.
    When? Outside of stuff other than some form of gating (I.E. you must farm shadow resistance gear, that you can only get from this raid to progress) or bugs/the fight being straight impossible (for instance, for a fair while C'Thuns tentacles would just throw you in the air, causing you to die from fall damage and as such was unkillable). Infact, Vanilla bosses only really took a long time due to gating, bugs or overtuning to the point of being impossible only killable once they were nerfed then the only one boss that lasted a long time was Yogg-Sarons hard mode.

So, what are the bosses you rememeber? Unless your saying you long for the days of overtuned, buggy fights that were unkillable going unfixed for months. In which case... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    mmo champ is pure cancer these days. best to avoid the comments all together.
    Very long-time lurker first-time poster. Often times when I read some piece of WoW news (especially if it seems like a positive/neutral change), I come to the comment section just to see the mental gymnastics employed to turn it into a negative.

This one particularly boggles my mind. Leaving aside that having overtuned/buggy content just for the sake of making it harder is just bad game design, people use as reference a time when racing for the world first wasn't as competitive as it's now and you didn't have the option to do it for 6-10h every day for 11 days straight. Now, are world-first races a lot more efficient today? Yes, most certainly, but that's a trait of human nature and evolution in general.

It simply doesn't matter that in terms of effective hours and number of pulls things haven't changed that much from the past. It's just bile for the sake of bile.

Can't wait for Classic to go live so we see 1-2 week clears - but of course, then there's going to be something else, blizzard secretly nerfed the content or something.
    Last edited by Mrstabber; 2019-07-26 at 11:20 AM.

You think it's great that the company alienates 99% of their player base to pander to marvel-level players who have the ability to spend 24/7 (almost literally) on World of Warcraft? Imagine if they actually didn't do that? Oh that's right! They did at one point! Wrath of the Lich King: where a large majority of the Player Base actually killed the Lich King and had fun! Icecrown Citadel was nowhere near as difficult as this ridiculous Mythic nightmare that panders to the try-hards of the internet today.
    Why are you still talking? You have been made too look stupid already.

It is quite interesting that they (blizzard) can make a boss and people are fine with it. However if they want to change numbers or mechanics (the very same people who just earlier created the boss) so that the boss is more in line with what they envisioned it, it somehow becomes wrong.

You think it's great that the company alienates 99% of their player base to pander to marvel-level players who have the ability to spend 24/7 (almost literally) on World of Warcraft? Imagine if they actually didn't do that? Oh that's right! They did at one point! Wrath of the Lich King: where a large majority of the Player Base actually killed the Lich King and had fun! Icecrown Citadel was nowhere near as difficult as this ridiculous Mythic nightmare that panders to the try-hards of the internet today.
    But people can also kill the endboss today. They just cant do it on the highest difficulty. I can't really understand how it's pandering to the hardcore players, because there are in fact lower difficulty versions of this raid that you should be able to complete if you're not as invested in the game as they are.

Why must everything be killable at itemlevel 435 when, in fact, max mythic (445) should be the determining gear factor for an endboss.
    Let's just kill it in a few weeks, where is the problem?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Once upon a time Blizzard didn't nerf content for the sake of the world first raiders.

I remember bosses going months without dying. Was more rewarding for the team that won to claim the title.
    Bosses didt die cause it was LFR/norm/hc/mythic baked into 1 difficulty

And if they dont nerf the bosses, we end up with majority of guilds unable to clear it, ppl BITCHED that Uunat was too hard, then the ppl BITCH that hard bosses get nerfed.

You lot make me sick.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    But the phase was killable as Limit (to my knowledge) got all 3 adds down, just died shortly after. Combined with the first changes (debuff to 5 sec, spear nature change) will help the healing and LoS issues quite a bit. There will still need be amazing play on this phase.

What this change will allow them more time to obviously kill those adds and try different strategies (possibly add another healer) allow Azshara to drop a little more in HP before the final 'burn phase'. Remember there is still an ENTIRE 50% of HP to go. We also don't know what changes occur in the final phase, and there is talk of a secret phase. Honestly this fight is already long and a secret phase shouldn't be needed. Maybe they will just add more Old God themed abilities in the final phase instead of an entire secret phase. The main mechanic of the final phase is the titan consoles so unless something drastically changes it could be an easier phase than phase 3 where everyone is stuck at currently, but I doubt it will be straight forward and new things will be added.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2019-07-26 at 12:55 PM.

This is the first nerd I m sure at least 2 more needs will happen soon.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    mmo champ is pure cancer these days. best to avoid the comments all together.
    It depends where you look. There are threads where community is good (for example new expac hype threads or Mage Tower thread late Legion where people genuinely helped eachother), general is 50/50, news section is pure cancer and political off-topic is 4chan.

When trying to farm weeks, even months, of prior bosses, to gear up, so they can face the final boss. Those were the days. But naw. Gotta cater to these elitist group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrstabber View Post
    Very long-time lurker first-time poster. Often times when I read some piece of WoW news (especially if it seems like a positive/neutral change), I come to the comment section just to see the mental gymnastics employed to turn it into a negative.

This one particularly boggles my mind. Leaving aside that having overtuned/buggy content just for the sake of making it harder is just bad game design, people use as reference a time when racing for the world first wasn't as competitive as it's now and you didn't have the option to do it for 6-10h every day for 11 days straight. Now, are world-first races a lot more efficient today? Yes, most certainly, but that's a trait of human nature and evolution in general.

It simply doesn't matter that in terms of effective hours and number of pulls things haven't changed that much from the past. It's just bile for the sake of bile.

Can't wait for Classic to go live so we see 1-2 week clears - but of course, then there's going to be something else, blizzard secretly nerfed the content or something.
    1-2 weeks from when?i hope you mean server launch lol,cause mc and bwl is getting cleared day 1 of entering,the only issues could be on 1-2 bosses that need some resist gear,but people will kill these raids in greens

10+ Year Old Account
    World first is taking too long, so they nerf it ?

These guilds have done essentially weeks/months of gearing up in less than a week, due to split runs/BoE's/ap farm. It's not fair to compare them to the average mythic guild, who will still take weeks/months just to get close to finishing the raid. These slight nerfs on Azshara will have no effect on guilds outside of the top 10-20. There aren't even 10 guilds on Azshara right now, and half the guilds on Azshara aren't to the point of noticing these changes.

If anything, this is catering to the masses because it will eventually make it accessible to them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Why must everything be killable at itemlevel 435 when, in fact, max mythic (445) should be the determining gear factor for an endboss.
    Let's just kill it in a few weeks, where is the problem?
    Because socketed benthic gear exists. Because top guilds stack to a degree that cannot be replicated by the vast majority of guilds. Because two weeks for those guilds is more than two months for standard mythic guilds. Because it's already almost 400 pulls for Limit. Because no boss managed to stay alive for "few weeks" if it wasn't bugged or absurdly overtuned to a point where next tier of gear would be needed to *maybe* kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrstabber View Post
    They're going to blame 1.12 for it. It already happens pre-emptively, claiming that bosses were *so much harder* back when large part of class talents were completely useless... which is technically true, but a really poor argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    MMO-Champion posters would complain if a blowjob was too satisfying.
    Felt too good, popped immediately, 2/10
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Back in the day it took a month to kill a boss. Now when 3 days go by and top world guilds are crying, the nerfs come in. Gotta get the kill in probably because the Red Bull arena cost is going up.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    does the boss really have to die in the first week? thats really what people want? Maybe they can gear up a little more and then kill her? Like you know "progressively"
    There’s already been a reset btw.