Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    *cries in Zarya*

I swear everyone I've seen talking about him keeps forgetting Zarya has been throwing out gravity bombs since day one.
    Less cool gravity bombs though, these ones kill squishies with unexpected efficiency. The shield placement is also quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Baptiste. If only he got the same treatment.

Character looks cool, looking forward to trying him out. I'm glad to see more Talon characters.

His "comparison" to Sigma from Mega Man that people are saying (Kotaku as well), is some
    fucking stupid reaching. They could not be less similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    They could not be less similar.
    I mean, that's not true. What if we made Sigma female? Then they'd be less similar.

Poor Baptiste. If only he got the same treatment.

Character looks cool, looking forward to trying him out. I'm glad to see more Talon characters.

His "comparison" to Sigma from Mega Man that people are saying (Kotaku as well), is some
    fucking stupid reaching. They could not be less similar.
    Yep...character design where the head is visible (feet in case of OW as well) while the body appears to be massive cybernetic style upgrades, both villains driven crazy, and sharing the same name. Nothing similar at all.
    My original post about Capcom suing Blizzard was sarcasm about the similarities I picked up (as well as now by others). Since then, to look at the 2 and not be able to see the obvious influence, whether intentional or not, is just to admit being blind or willful ignorance for some unknown reason. Hell, even the coloring on certain pieces is similar.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-07-24 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yep...character design where the head is visible (feet in case of OW as well) while the body appears to be massive cybernetic style upgrades, both villains driven crazy, and sharing the same name. Nothing similar at all.
    My original post about Capcom suing Blizzard was sarcasm about the similarities I picked up (as well as now by others). Since then, to look at the 2 and not be able to see the obvious influence, whether intentional or not, is just to admit being blind or willful ignorance for some unknown reason. Hell, even the coloring on certain pieces is similar.
    How are you taking "head is visible" as a similarity...

And past that, no, OW Sigma is obviously wearing a suit of armor basically, not "cybernetic style upgrades".
    It's even stated his powers come from himself, not the suit.

He's far closer to Magneto but this reach is just crazy at this point. I even pointed out how the coloring is nothing close and you ignored it.

Anyone have any actual thoughts about how the character plays or his abilities that aren't debating whether or not the design is familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Anyone have any actual thoughts about how the character plays or his abilities that aren't debating whether or not the design is familiar?
    His ult easily breaks formations of teams.

His basic shots move fast, splash damage, and bounce once off of surfaces.

He'll be a fun tank to disrupt with without having to get in their face

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I mean, that's not true. What if we made Sigma female? Then they'd be less similar.
    That's what the internet is for silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Have you completely missed the even MORE abundant dissimilarities between the two characters? Honest question.

This hero is awesome, I love it.

Great job, the whole theme too.

I don't think he'll be used as a Main Tank, he's like a Zarya off tank.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Would be more interested in how he actually plays and what abilities he has. Backstory is cute and all, certainly raises expectations, but if the gameplay can't match it then it's just more of the abundant fluff. Also doing a cray-cray character can also backfire massively - especially with the audience Blizzard has cultivated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't think he'll be used as a Main Tank, he's like a Zarya off tank.
    Apparently he pairs very well with Zarya. And he completely shits on Reinhardt (1 more counter to the list of
    innumerable counters).

Apparently he pairs very well with Zarya. And he completely shits on Reinhardt (1 more counter to the list of
    innumerable counters).
    How? Boulder doesn't go through his shield.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    How? Boulder doesn't go through his shield.
    Because you can bounce his balls into rein's face and ass or if you play at ballsplosion range just shoot them so they detonate above his shield and damage him, as well as an ult that punishes a team that is grouped up behind a shield, an E that stuns when the shield eventually does break and you can eat fire strike with shift.

To be honest Sigma's design is so good and so refreshing, I really don't care that he's just a better reinhardt.

Not to mention you are not obligated as Sigma to play with your own shield.

You can put a shield down for your team and flank, stun, AOE damage, disrupt.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-07-26 at 01:44 AM.

My fear this character is only going to make the CC in Overwatch even worse. The game is getting worse as new heroes are just better versions of existing ones. Right now the sheer amount of things that can knock you back, around, up into the air is dumb as heck.

It is starting to feel like early arena PvP before Blizzard added DR. Which honestly at this point, Overwatch needs DR and the damage/healing is way too high. Don't even get me started on shields or that immunity field crap from Baptiste. But Mercy AoE ressurection was too powerful right?
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    My fear this character is only going to make the CC in Overwatch even worse. The game is getting worse as new heroes are just better versions of existing ones. Right now the sheer amount of things that can knock you back, around, up into the air is dumb as heck.

It is starting to feel like early arena PvP before Blizzard added DR. Which honestly at this point, Overwatch needs DR and the damage/healing is way too high. Don't even get me started on shields or that immunity field crap from Baptiste. But Mercy AoE ressurection was too powerful right?
    Sigma's CC is easier to avoid, low duration, doesn't guarantee death, is on a long cooldown, does low damage.

Before you even think about touching his you need to rethink flashbang, mei gun, doomfist, piledriver, brig, sleep, halt, hook.

Yes, you're right, I misspoke.
    FTFY /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    FTFY /10chars
    You weren't clever the first time, and this is even worse.

I really hope the obvious effort put into the feel and play of this hero is indicative of a trend in reworks as well as hero design going forward.

I've been enjoying the ever loving shit out of this hero.