Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    a lot of people said that demon hunters wound never happen, this is very well known lol, now you are part of the group that says the same about tinker, you can never say never with this game.
    I remember monk being a surprise, but I did not know anyone surprised by Demon Hunters. It made sense. The most played races in the game get an exclusive class that is only meant to fight demons? Again, made sense for the Legion expac.

Tinkers do not. Not in lore, not in practice. Not in anything.

Screenshot this. I will PayPal you $15 if tinkers are a class in 9.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people say there wont be tinkers next expansion because it wont match the overall theme, because we all agree that next expansion is going to be about the shadowlands or the void and this brings me to the first reason:

1) Blizzard cant sell an expansion around goblins and gnomes, so what they did this time is lay the ground first in Battle for Azeroth with the Mechagon zone and then release the tinker class.

2) The second reason is timing, Blizard has been showing a tendency in previous expansions: in BC we had races added, in Wotlk we had a new class, in Cataclysm we had again two races added, in Mop we had both a new race and a new class but considering that Wod didnt have neither new races or a new class, the tendency is not broken and Mop counts as a "class expansion" and Wod as a "race expansion" and we can see this is the case because in Legion we had a new class added and in Bfa we have now allied races so in the next expansion there will probably be a new class.

3) Which brings me to the final reason. If you agree with reason 2 (but not with reason 1), you could say that there are other classes that are better candidates than tinker, and three comes to my mind: necromancer, warden and dark ranger.

It wont be necromancer because the theme of the class is already filled by death knights and in case you forgot, all necromancers are evil.

And it wont be warden and dark ranger because the first one is an Alliance only class and the second one a Horde only class, and while they could be added together, i dont think that add two classes is healthy for the balance of the game and also, Wow hasnt have faction specific classes since Vanilla and i dont think they will retake that direction now.

So that leaves tinker, which can give all sorts of creativity freedom, so the team can take the class any direction they want.
    Wardens I can honestly see being a Third Spec for DHs. The lore could support this if Blizzards plays it well.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I remember monk being a surprise, but I did not know anyone surprised by Demon Hunters. It made sense. The most played races in the game get an exclusive class that is only meant to fight demons? Again, made sense for the Legion expac.

Screenshot this. I will PayPal you $15 if tinkers are a class in 9.0.
    it could make sense to you (and me) but again, a lot of people said they would never happen.. is not anecdotical evidence, is something that happened time and time again in this forum and in others.

ok lol ill save this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Wardens I can honestly see being a Third Spec for DHs. The lore could support this if Blizzards plays it well.
    wardens and DHs are literally opposites of each other

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

That's a silly argument to make considering that you have no idea what the next expansion is.

However, for the sake of argument, let's say that its Void/Old Gods based; a Tinker class based on Titan tech would work as a counter to Old God power. We have a basis for this because Tinkers have repurposed Titan and Legion tech in the past. Thus the purpose of Tinkers would be to counter Old God magic with Titan tech, and Gnomes and Goblins would lead that charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could make sense to you (and me) but again, a lot of people said they would never happen.. is not anecdotical evidence, is something that happened time and time again in this forum and in others.

ok lol ill save this.

- - - Updated - - -

wardens and DHs are literally opposites of each other
    Warden Spec can be done though, the toolbox is there, it'd be a 2H class, which can support the idea of having a Warden's Glaive put into the game (Want that MOG!) as for spells, well Avatar of Vengeance can easily replace Meta, especially if they do what style of AoV from WC3 where it creates images that deal ranged shadow damage. It can be done. As for lore, thats easy:

With Illidan being the jailer of Sargeras at the Pantheon, most of his Illidari ventured off into the world, some vowed to ensure that all Demons of the Legion are gone. However, some have decided to take on the mantle of the Warden, seeking vengeance on those who turned a dark path.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I thought about Tinker in the actual game and at this point, I think it would just be a development nightmare, like people are saying in here.

For one, BFA was the time to launch a Tinker class, clearly. That ship has sailed. Tinker is already in Islands as an enemy AI and that whole scheme of turrets and stuff takes a lot of animating and theory crafting and the fact that they'll basically just be a rip off of totems and Blizz is very guarded against ripping off stuff that is that iconic to a class.
    You mean like when they gave Monks statues, which were also "rip-offs" of totems?

The other thing is deciding who gets to be a Tinker and what do you do with engineering?? There's just too much theory craft and re-arranging and redundancy. I feel like Blizzard would take the easy route and make something more simple, if they even add another class, which I think is is bloated right now.
    Um, nothing needs to be done with engineering. Engineering is about making items you sell. A Tinker class would use abilities that have nothing to do with engineering, and a player in WoW could be a Tinker and a Engineer at the same time, so engineering loses nothing with the introduction of a Tinker class.

You are simplifiing (or butchering) the lore of the ebon blade, but whatever, they are neutral at best, not evil, so again there is only one evil class in the game right now and it is warlock.
    How am I butchering lore? I even said they are neutral, but on the basis that there was no lore for them for a large chunk of multiple expansions. There aren't a lot of examples of specific Death Knight lore being progressed beyond them trying to find their place in the world (which is never explored).

In terms of how they function the game, they're most similar to Warlocks in that they use dark/taboo magic to kill things, and they aren't out to do good in the world. At most they are 'Chaotic Good', in the sense they are willing to use any means necessary to get a job done, like create Shadowmourne.

But if we're going to go that length to describe a Death Knight's role, then honestly we need to evaluate what 'Evil' really means considering every Warlock who is in the Alliance and the Horde is still on the side of good, and regardless of vying for more power, is fighting for the purpose of protecting Azeroth. In this case, 'Evil' is is a matter of perspective, and the ones working for us are on the side of good.

I agree that popularity is a factor, but with more reason, there isnt enough people that want a necromancer class for them to go into all the trouble of incorporating the class into the game.
    Based on?

If you say these forums, then I have to remind you that this is a small percentage of players.

What do you think about the Dragonsworn? Almost no one ever talks about it here, so it must mean it's not a popular concept right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_artificer/ - 1.8k upvotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...venturers_are/ - 8.3k upvotes.

What you think is popular is not what actually is popular. You need to look outside of this one forum for a wider variety of opinions.

I'm not pooping on Tinkers btw, I think they are the top candidate for the next class and I want them added. But I am not convinced that they are the only popular concept that people want to see in the game. When we like a class, everything else seems like a blip on the radar and we barely acknowledge it, much like the Dragonsworn.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, it should be noted that whenever Blizzard does a major side-quest thing like Mechagon, it tends to relate to the theme of the next expansion. For example, the Timeless Isle was a hint that time travel/manipulation would be a factor in the next expansion (WoD). It's very possible that Mechagon is a hint to an aspect of the next expansion. I'd be on the lookout to see what happens with Mekkatorque in the next patch, and how the Mechagon story resolves.

tinker looks highly possible after mechagon. i just think it will be pretty unpopular like monk was.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Which is my biggest counterpoint to Tinker.

Take any expansion that added a new class, said class directly tied into the theme of this expansion and became a major selling point of that expansion, in both lore and gameplay.

Focusing on Dragons, Void, Shadowlands, whatever and then suddenly "Oh, remember Mechagon? Well Tinkers are a thing now as well!", unless Blizzard intents to shoehorn these concepts into the Tinker class, the class will just feel extremely tacked onto the expansion.

not sure if u play the game atm, but if you followed mechagon story, they keep mentioning "the curse of flesh" "flesh are weak" "machines are superior to flesh", and the curse of flesh was a curse from one of the "old gods" Yogg Saron, you probably knows this.

so basically machines can be used to fight the void and its corruption, you cannot brainwash what is scripted, so tinkers fits perfectly if the story is built around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    not sure if u play the game atm, but if you followed mechagon story, they keep mentioning "the curse of flesh" "flesh are weak" "machines are superior to flesh", and the curse of flesh was a curse from one of the "old gods" Yogg Saron, you probably knows this.
    Fun fact:
    The idea of the Algalon fight in ulduar is that we, as cursed / imperfect creatures are actually able to overcome a machine's "perfect" logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    so basically machines can be used to fight the void and its corruption, you cannot brainwash what is scripted, so tinkers fits perfectly if the story is built around that.
    And maybe you should play Mechagon, because the people are in favour of mechanization are our enemies.
    The point of Rustbolt resistance is that one should have a free will and not just bow down to a "superior logic" simply because it's better.

The message is "Free will trumps cold logic", not "Cold logic is incorruptible", as a matter of fact, almost every titan facility is filled with machines gone haywire, Mimiron itself is a Mechagnome that was corrupted by Yogg-saron.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-07-26 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I think the biggest problem a tinker class faces is the low percentage of gnome and goblin players currently. I don't think a tinker class is cool enough to make people want to play those races. Additionally, a Tinker doesn't make sense for most other races. They could make an elf only class with Demon Hunters because elves are so popular.
    Thats a good point.

Unless the expansion isnt about going to another plane but to another planet and they also introduce ethereals.

I think it makes more sense if they added tinkerers in BFA hahah

They should just make it so classes have two specs. And the specs that get left out combine with another new spec for a new class.. Sorry Druids you get split to having just Feral/Bear and Balance/Resto class.

Muhahahaaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    And think about this, blizzard has lost so many subs with the current state of the game what do you think would sell more and attract people.
    Tinkerer?
    Necromancer?
    Introducing garbage class like Tinker might increase subs in short term but the cost of development time to tune them in the long run will never be worth it.

If they want to introduce turret class just give it to totem Enhance, need another tank? just add 1 more tank spec to the currently available class.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Fun fact:
    The idea of the Algalon fight in ulduar is that we, as cursed / imperfect creatures are actually able to overcome a machine's "perfect" logic.

And maybe you should play Mechagon, because the people are in favour of mechanization are our enemies.
    The point of Rustbolt resistance is that one should have a free will and not just bow down to a "superior logic" simply because it's better.

The message is "Free will trumps cold logic", not "Cold logic is incorruptible", as a matter of fact, almost every titan facility is filled with machines gone haywire, Mimiron itself is a Mechagnome that was corrupted by Yogg-saron.
    its not about enforcing, but using it as weapon against the void and old gods corruption, no one should bother what King Mechagon plan is, but the idea that there is the ability to return to the original root or become a robot or using tinkering to fight the corruption and the void, lets say the first line to draw the connection between tinkering and void.

and remember, Yogg cursed the titan construct to what they say "facilitate assimilation", even though Loken got corrupted by Yogg, but not controlled, and since blizzard story is all over the place, we are not sure of Loken was corrupted or was controlled.

but the point is, there is a link between the void, the old gods, tinkering and the curse of flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Introducing garbage class like Tinker might increase subs in short term but the cost of development time to tune them in the long run will never be worth it.

If they want to introduce turret class just give it to totem Enhance, need another tank? just add 1 more tank spec to the currently available class.
    Uh, the Tinker would utilize far more than just turrets. Also people wants something unique to the class lineup. Tinker firs the bill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps a change to the "class fantasy" of a Tinker is what it needs to be added.

I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want to hear consistent criticism for years on end if they implement the Tinker as class based on the already established lore and theme around them.

Instead of this:

And this:

...they instead should move the fantasy of a Tinker to something completely different.

I pitched something a couple of years ago to be a plot device to enable all classes to be Tinkers, instead of just Goblins and Gnomes. That was that when you create a brand new Tinker character of any avaible race, you wake up in Ironforge/Orgrimmar and you a wounded soldier from the most recent "Blood War" but you are so wounded you can no longer be a soldier. Could be amputated legs/arms or whatever.

So you learn to weild this new "mech technology" that gives you a mechanical suit for you to use on the battlefield and you can serve your faction once more.

I got the idea from the "dragoon" from Starcraft.

Something like this is a brand new take on what we know Tinkers are, and if not this directly, what else?
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-07-26 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a good chance for both Tinkers and Wardens next expansion. It's almost a given new class will happen.

Wardens already have precedents with that Warden's Isle and new recruits being trained there, so it's already a path towards playable class. Especially considering Sira Moonwarden was the chief trainer there and ended up in Horde, so that's the path for Horde Wardens too.

Tinkers obviously got a huge boost now.

All in all, I think, Wardens are more likely, especially considering the expected setup for next expansion, but Blizzard may choose to bring out all the guns and pop 2 classes at once or just do Tinkers, who knows. They will do new class 100% though, it's a given really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is a good chance for both Tinkers and Wardens next expansion. It's almost a given new class will happen.

Wardens already have precedents with that Warden's Isle and new recruits being trained there, so it's already a path towards playable class. Especially considering Sira Moonwarden was the chief trainer there and ended up in Horde, so that's the path for Horde Wardens too.

Tinkers obviously got a huge boost now.

All in all, I think, Wardens are more likely, especially considering the expected setup for next expansion, but Blizzard may choose to bring out all the guns and pop 2 classes at once or just do Tinkers, who knows. They will do new class 100% though, it's a given really.
    There is nothing unique about Wardens. They're basically just rogues in heavier armor. I don't see them ever being a class.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, the Tinker would utilize far more than just turrets. Also people wants something unique to the class lineup. Tinker firs the bill.
    everytime we visit an old god area, we see cutting edge techs and tinkering every where, the things we call "titan tech", i do believe titan tech could be one of the tinker specs, and with even all these tech that relates to the void and old gods, i keep seeing people write "tinker doesn't fit into void expansion" /facepalm.