Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If the next expansion involves the shadowlands/is a death themed expansion then we'll get dark rangers and not tinkers. Just like we got death knights for an expansion involving northrend and arthas, demon hunters for an expansion heavily focused on demons and the legion and monks in an expansion involving pandaria and the pandarens monk like culture.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Remember wildstar. I've played some engineer and mained a medic, both are essentially tinkerers. Can't really say I cared for either one's fantasy, and skill names were as annoyingly abstract as you can imagine. I was always kinda jealous of gunslingers and espers, but I hated them mechanically. Even basic ass rogue (well stalker) and warrior made a better impression.

And that's in a sci-fi MMO.

Maybe I'm biased, but I just don't feel tinkerers. Probably because it's all based on tech, so an obvious question is why won't you give a mech suit to a warrior, who would be able to use it with better results, than a random nerd. Or any other class. A hunter with shocking arrows and a rocket pack will do better than some guy who made it. We don't send scientists and engineers to the front lines in the real world, we give their inventions to the actually trained soldiers. So why should it be different in wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If the next expansion involves the shadowlands/is a death themed expansion then we'll get dark rangers and not tinkers. Just like we got death knights for an expansion involving northrend and arthas, demon hunters for an expansion heavily focused on demons and the legion and monks in an expansion involving pandaria and the pandarens monk like culture.
    I just don't see the lore that supports Dark Rangers as anything beyond a Forsaken variation of MM Hunters. Keep in mind, only Sylvannas has Banshee abilities. Nathanos is just a Hunter.

oh man no reason to take this out on homeless kids jeez haha

12 classes is enough, its already a nightmare on class design and you want to add more? No thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Remember wildstar. I've played some engineer and mained a medic, both are essentially tinkerers. Can't really say I cared for either one's fantasy, and skill names were as annoyingly abstract as you can imagine. I was always kinda jealous of gunslingers and espers, but I hated them mechanically. Even basic ass rogue (well stalker) and warrior made a better impression.

And that's in a sci-fi MMO.

Maybe I'm biased, but I just don't feel tinkerers. Probably because it's all based on tech, so an obvious question is why won't you give a mech suit to a warrior, who would be able to use it with better results, than a random nerd. Or any other class. A hunter with shocking arrows and a rocket pack will do better than some guy who made it. We don't send scientists and engineers to the front lines in the real world, we give their inventions to the actually trained soldiers. So why should it be different in wow?
    Probably the same reason Iron Man is the only Avenger with a mech suit despite Cap and Hawkeye being better soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is nothing unique about Wardens. They're basically just rogues in heavier armor. I don't see them ever being a class.
    That's just nonsense really.

There is plenty unique about Wardens, I understand you have this hard-on on Tinkers, but Wardens are a thing, they are well defined and represented to become quite a fun class on their own. Starting from Chakrams which is a melee + short range weapon in one, their signature armors, Avatar of Vengeance/Vengeance they have plenty cool about them that many will find appealing. Rogues don't clone themselves and then summon spirit army to bbq their enemies, neither they wear heavy reinforced mail with huge cloaks.

There's plenty cool there to explore with Wardens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's just nonsense really.

There is plenty unique about Wardens, I understand you have this hard-on on Tinkers, but Wardens are a thing, they are well defined and represented to become quite a fun class on their own. Starting from Chakrams which is a melee + short range weapon in one, their signature armors,
    You mean these Chakrams?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=259391/chakrams

I wouldn't say that's unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Probably the same reason Iron Man is the only Avenger with a mech suit despite Cap and Hawkeye being better soldiers.
    Except there's an iron man suit version of pretty much every hero or villain in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    All death knights were evil* too also warlocks are in the same position.
    And for your "dks are already necromancers in game" arguement, MANY MANY people have said the same for the demon hunters "but locks have already metamorphosis!!!!1!" but hey look here we are.
    Meta was one single ability, vs Unholy being all about raising undead and using shadow power...meta also belonged to DH before WoW and for some reason they gave it to Locks.

All a Necro would be is a combination of Warlock and Unholy DK, Tinker by far has the most to add to WoW....Necro and Dark Ranger have nothing really to add that wont be rehash or stolen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Except there's an iron man suit version of pretty much every hero or villain in the universe.
    And how often do you see any of those heroes in those suits? I'd say it's pretty close to never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean these Chakrams?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=259391/chakrams

I wouldn't say that's unique.
    It's not the first time where various abilities are given to various classes only to get back to the original owners once introduced. For example Death Coil, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura.

That's hardly a stumbling block there and you know it full well.

Secondly, I mean the weapon itself that does not exist in playable form at the moment... you know, this thing in Maiev's hand there:

I mean ^ these ^ chakrams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Focusing on Dragons, Void, Shadowlands, whatever and then suddenly "Oh, remember Mechagon? Well Tinkers are a thing now as well!", unless Blizzard intents to shoehorn these concepts into the Tinker class, the class will just feel extremely tacked onto the expansion.
    you say this as if that's not exactly something blizzard would do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you say this as if that's not exactly something blizzard would do
    There is a certain... reach... there. That's why I, personally, think that Wardens make more sense. But you are right that this is also not a stumbling block. If Blizzard would want to introduce Tinkers, then this mismatch would not stop them.

Heck, one could even go ahead and say that Tinkers provide the necessary technology or enhancements to existing ways of transportation which would allow us, for example, to have a (ultrasafe nothing can go wrong ever) gateway open to K'aresh (as a wild crapshot at possible location in next expansion, void consumed world with Void Shadowguard base there vs glorious native resistance force #46621).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not the first time where various abilities are given to various classes only to get back to the original owners once introduced. For example Death Coil, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura.

That's hardly a stumbling block there and you know it full well.

Secondly, I mean the weapon itself that does not exist in playable form at the moment... you know, this thing in Maiev's hand there:

I mean ^ these ^ chakrams.
    Well it is a stumbling block when you consider that it isnt the only ability from this concept that already exists in the current class lineup. The MAJOR stumbling block for Wardens is differentiating them from Rogues, which not only have similar abilities to the Warden, but also fills their niche as shadowy assassins.

I hope we won't see tinkerer class. This is fantasy game not some cheap ass steampunk. If you want to play steampunk you can buy shitload subpar games on Steam or play asian mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Perhaps a change to the "class fantasy" of a Tinker is what it needs to be added.

I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want to hear consistent criticism for years on end if they implement the Tinker as class based on the already established lore and theme around them.

Instead of this:

And this:

...they instead should move the fantasy of a Tinker to something completely different.

I pitched something a couple of years ago to be a plot device to enable all classes to be Tinkers, instead of just Goblins and Gnomes. That was that when you create a brand new Tinker character of any avaible race, you wake up in Ironforge/Orgrimmar and you a wounded soldier from the most recent "Blood War" but you are so wounded you can no longer be a soldier. Could be amputated legs/arms or whatever.

So you learn to weild this new "mech technology" that gives you a mechanical suit for you to use on the battlefield and you can serve your faction once more.

I got the idea from the "dragoon" from Starcraft.

Something like this is a brand new take on what we know Tinkers are, and if not this directly, what else?
    How would these even work with the current equipment panel? Tinkers while good on paper, would not be fun to code in the game, I think thats why they havent done it yet. That little robot on them can make for a very hard yet unique armor type. They would have to do away with Engineering as a profession, or rework some of the patterns into other professions. Like Blacksmithing. I just dont see that big old back pack robot arm thing being remotely viable in the current UI interface.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

Well they need to sort out the existing classes first, most of them need a lot of attention and some need complete overhauls - they are a mess.

Dont get me wrong i would like to see wardens and dark rangers in the game (necromancers not so much) but i believe there are more chances that we are getting the tinker first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Theme had nothing to do with it, its the lack of resource and adding more class would just make the rest of the class even shallower, WOW is no longer king, more class means more development time, more armor (unless they've given up on class armor then its fine), and with 1m subs left thats asking too much.

There's a reason why DH only have 2 specs when rogue and war could have 3, because they ran out of idea and time the more class they have.
    You have no idea if WoWs sub numbers except the number you pull out of your butt.