I can't wait for a President Warren or Sanders or even Biden to use DOJ funds to give fiber internet access to the entire country with a EO.

After all, it's much more of a crisis that in 2019 many people still can't have reliable internet access than a fake border emergency.

He got his tax cuts, his 2 supreme court justices, his gutting of Obamacare, and now looks like he will get his wall. Sure this thread is filled with over 1200 pages of his bungles, but it's time to admit that he has succeeded on a lot of his big promises. Like it or not. And he has a still-surging economy behind him.

hate to admit it, but I think re-election is all but guaranteed at this point.

Imagine if he was actually competent.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I get PMs all the time from people here who agree with me but don't want to be bullied by leftist posters like you on this board, so they don't post themselves. I don't mind speaking for them. Just like in real life, I'm in a position that no one can try to bully me or come after me because they don't like my opinions.
    Glad you can't be bullied, sorry you feel that logic and analysis and reasoning and evidence are bullying - but that's your usual modis operandi. Post lies and hate, then claim victim when people ask for proof and you can't deliver.

But at least you have your PM's.

There are plenty of quiet conservative readers here that will be the same people you aren't hearing from before they go in the voting booth this November to drop the hammer on stamping out leftism in America once again.
    You mean like in 2018?

Good lord man, do you ever get tired of being so wrong, all the time? Or do your super secret PM's keep you going during those long nights?

Just so we're clear, I've been in favor of a border barrier since it was promised in legislation nearly two decades ago. I could care less about Mexico paying for it.
    I've never supported the wall, here or otherwise. I'm right-leaning though, so this comes to mind:

I don't know why you guys are bothering with someone that only wants the US to be the same shithole that Russia is.

I get PMs all the time from people here who agree with me but don't want to be bullied by leftist posters like you on this board, so they don't post themselves. I don't mind speaking for them. Just like in real life, I'm in a position that no one can try to bully me or come after me because they don't like my opinions.
    "I know you never see them do it publicly, but I have people CONSTANTLY telling me they agree with me."

It's like something a 11 year old would say after someone said a mean thing to him on the internet for the first time.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What happened in 2018 other than enabling a giant distraction in the House of Representatives that still has no real power on stopping Trump from delivering on his promises to the American people? Grats on the clown show. We're talking about 2020 now, where you're not looking so hot right now.
    What happened in 2018 is factual evidence of you being 100% wrong in your opinion. But you hold on to those super secret PM's - I'm sure they are keeping you warm at night as you dream of a darker United States run by a clown who's too stupid to see five feet in front of his face regarding long term policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    "I know you never see them do it publicly, but I have people CONSTANTLY telling me they agree with me."

It's like something a 11 year old would say after someone said a mean thing to him on the internet for the first time.
    Right? I see this as a real contender for a new signature. Not your post, but our little buddy Sulla's statement. And he still doesn't even recognize the huge long-term policy implications of what Trump is doing.

National Security can now be used to usurp Defense funds? Like global warming? Like Russia attacking our elections? If Trump can allocate funds for an issue that factually doesn't exist, and won't be solved by his plan, imagine what a thinking president can do with that kind of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He got his tax cuts, his 2 supreme court justices, his gutting of Obamacare, and now looks like he will get his wall.
    He's still failed way more than he's succeeded. The Wall won't create jobs. SCOTUS won't magically give 4% GDP growth. The tax cuts won't balance the budget HAH and kicking people off health care won't end the trade wars or help farmers.

He's succeeded on choosing which paint job to put on the wreck that is the USA. We'll see who wants to buy a wreck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Which opinion was I 100% wrong on again? Are you even sure you know what you're talking about?
    All of them. Literally every opinion of yours is factually wrong. You never back up your opinions with facts, and if you do link something, it's always incorrect and draws the wrong conclusion you claim it does. I will point you towards your entire posting history as evidence. Please feel free to cite me an opinion of yours, posted in these forums, that was actually correct. I am a proven intellectually honest person, and when I'm wrong, I admit it.

Regardless of PMs or other support, I see no reason you all should be allowed to have an echo chamber run amok here.
    God, the irony is so thick, you can almost build a wall out of it.

Why would I stop posting here when you've made such amazingly bad predictions about the near-future of American politics? I want to be around when you eat crow once again.
    You mean like 2018? You literally just proved me right. In one single post. Well done? But at least you have your super secret PM's who agree with you. Mmmmmmm.

Regardless of PMs or other support, I see no reason you all should be allowed to have an echo chamber run amok here.
    I think this thread is about to explode from overwhelming irony.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    2018 was widely predicted by nearly everyone to go in the Democrats favor in the House. If that's your big claim to fame for predictions, despite all of your completely nonsensical ones, grats I guess?
    It's literally the last nation wide election, and we were 100% right. It literally proves your statements above wrong. As usual. Grats? Naw, we're all used to you being wrong all the time. Business as usual on these forums.

And if you have nothing better to say than "you're always wrong and I'm intellectually honest" when I call you out for losing track of what you're even talking about, I can't imagine how bad of a lawyer you must be IRL. I know this type of phone-in logic isn't accepted in a courtroom.
    Ah, but you notice that you don't jump in and point to even one opinion that you were correct about, right? This is what I was talking about. We both make claims, I back mine up with facts and evidence. And you play the victim and lash out.

You're literally proving me right, with every post you make. The best part is that you don't see it, and continue posting. Watch, you'll do it again. No cites, just more unfounded and incorrect conjecture.

Now, getting back to the shit-show topic at hand. Trump has put the GOP in a horrific position of not being able to understand even the relative short-term implications of his "win". The Executive Branch and now divert Congressionally approved and Presidentially signed-into-law funds into projects they see fit. With SCOTUS backing.

Whoops.

Climate Change
    Immigration
    Election Laws

You guys have no long-term policy sight whatsoever.

Oh yeah good point, the next Democrat President can 100% now divert funds from the DOJ for election protection. Thanks Trump and conservative Supreme Court justices!

I can't wait from the screeching of conservatives, including the ones in this thread, when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    What a whiny baby. How petty can you be.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...bama-book-deal

I know, this is totally not news.
    I guess it's time we investigate all of Trump's book deals then, the idea he wrote anything, or can write at all, is asinine.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Imagine framing an election in one of the world's leading first-world nations as "buying a wreck" and thinking you're the voice of reason.
    Maybe if @Breccia had called it "American Carnage" you'd find it more reasonable.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Let's get this right. I'm in favor of election protections. I'm sure when the right bill is proposed, it will be approved.

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering that "American Carnage" is a reference to a study into the phenomena of the Republican Party and is limited to politics, I don't know how I'd find that more reasonable when we're talking about the overall condition of America.

I'm sure you thought you sounded witty.
    “American Carnage” was Trump’s assessment from his inaugural speech...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this right. In your silly world of rhetoric, you get to say to me "nuh uhh, you're 100% wrong about everything!" and the correct response from me is supposedly to list a treatise of my political positions and beliefs and where I've been right (or wrong) my whole life in various scenarios as evidence. Otherwise, I'm not doing it right?
    No, just one political position/opinion. If you're confused, go back and read the last page. It's pretty clear. Or maybe one of your super secret PM'ers will explain it to you. All I'm asking is for you to post one opinion of yours that was right. Pretty straight forward.

Meanwhile, just in the past few pages, AND THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD, you have been glaringly wrong about all of the things you thought would happen in the Trump administration. Then you point to an election that nearly everyone knew was going to go a certain way long before it happened as your shining moment of victory.
    You mean like the 2018 election? Or are you going to continue to prove me right, and not back you incorrect opinions with cites? Because that's all you do. Get it wrong and then refuse to prove otherwise.

What was I wrong about "in the past few pages"? Can you even cite that? Standing by for reality to descend upon you.

Sorry, that's not a good way to distract people from the nonsense you predict on a regular basis about:
    Ah, but therein lies the rub. I have already admitted I have been wrong in the past. We're talking about your 100% inaccuracy at the moment. But please, prove me wrong. Post one opinion in this thread you've been right about. We'll wait.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well considering that "American Carnage" is a reference to a study into the phenomena of the Republican Party and is limited to politics, I don't know how I'd find that more reasonable when we're talking about the overall condition of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    “American Carnage” was Trump’s assessment from his inaugural speech...
    Jesus Christ. Can you stop proving me right over and over again. You're literally proving me right with every post you are making right now. Grats?

What really grinds my gears, is this policy implication from Trump's "victory" with SCOTUS. You still haven't commented on that little "victory". Well, not intelligently at least. Why is it a democratic president can't use Trump's reasons to do some good for the country again?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    But no, I don't think America is any worse for wear than the current state of human affairs and international politics would dictate.
    You mean like when the British Ambassador to the United States said about the Trump administration won't "become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept"?

You mean that kind of "worse for wear" internationally?

I guess you're just used to being wrong all the time?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you just need one now? Thanks for taking it easy on me bud. Let's see... I don't have to look back very far. I predicted that the Supreme Court would approve the wall funding. In fact, I told Skroe on numerous occasions that he'd be changing his forum signature when it happened. This isn't a very difficult game.
    Yep, just one. Show us the post. Link it. Or are we going into Phase Three of the Sulla posting process? Where you don't need to prove anything because *reasons*? Please, shut me up, show me the post. We're all waiting.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Listen Cubby, if all you can do is post this infantile "nuh uh, you proved me right" bullshit, you can just stop bothering. There is no way to respond to this nonsense in a way that doesn't lower me to your garbage standards of discourse, so I won't bother with you.

I'll just say this, you have been one of the most outlandish posters in this thread making all kinds of bold predictions that never even came close to being true. Anyone (even on your side) with an ounce of intellectual integrity knows that you're not worth taking seriously in any fashion. You've quickly made you way to the top of my list of people that I enjoy seeing them flail about and move goalposts every time Trump gets a big win on you. I just wish you were a little more intelligent about how you argue (or maybe it's better that you aren't?), especially considering your supposed background in law. When it comes to being entertainingly bad at this, you're good, but you could be great.
    Ah, directly to Phase Four of the Sulla Posting Strategy. Classic. Skipping the victim stage, I'm now no longer worth your time, and therefore proof is no longer necessary to provide.

Thank you. Thank you for being everything we knew you'd be. Even when in the midst of being actively called out on your bullshit, you still deliver in fine form.

Were you ever going to even address the primary issue - Trump's insane inability to see five feet ahead regarding policy implications of his SCOTUS "victory"? Or are you waiting for more PM's?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no implications for hypothetical situations where you won an election for President. Try winning first.
    He cannot win vicariously through Trump... you should think about that.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi