Thread: Race thoughts

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race thoughts

Why don't night elves seek relationships outside their own race? It almost never happens. Are the males overly protective of their females and making sure it doesn't happen?

Eeeeh, it's a video game. Don't overthink the reasoning behind ingame relaionships of pixels when there are none

The females are protective of the males.* Night Elf society is matriarchal. The Priestesses run everything, the Wardens are all females, the males are druidic hippies and fathers/teachers.

They seek relationships outside of their race just as often as Thalassians do.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2019-07-27 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The females are protective of the males.* Night Elf society is matriarchal. The Priestesses run everything, the Wardens are all females, the males are druidic hippies and fathers/teachers.

They seek relationships outside of their race just as often as Thalassians do.
    the male night elf dh's seem to be only interested in the female night elf dh's and vice versa.

im not sure if it has anything to do with the fact they are half demons thus only interested in half demons
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2019-07-27 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Why don't night elves seek relationships outside their own race? It almost never happens. Are the males overly protective of their females and making sure it doesn't happen?
    Oh, you mean like the Windrunner sisters falling for "human potential" always?

Well, let's just consider the "age gap" here. Humans are like foetuses compared to nelves. Nelves individuals are like 10k years old. Would be silly to couple up, won't it? To nelves a human life expires in a blink of an eye really. Also, nelves do not reproduce like rabbits, like humans do. They have a much longer reproduction cycle. By the time a female nelfs pregnancy is over and she gives birth the human father would probably have already died of old age .... some hundred years earlier

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    hm maybe because a couple thousand year old's doesn't wan't do mingle with a toddler? except Windrunners they are kinda Pedo

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Oh, you mean like the Windrunner sisters falling for "human potential" always?

Well, let's just consider the "age gap" here. Humans are like foetuses compared to nelves. Nelves individuals are like 10k years old. Would be silly to couple up, won't it? To nelves a human life expires in a blink of an eye really. Also, nelves do not reproduce like rabbits, like humans do. They have a much longer reproduction cycle. By the time a female nelfs pregnancy is over and she gives birth the human father would probably have already died of old age .... some hundred years earlier
    you are right, i was referring to night elf dh's though, they seem to only like their own kind, for example the male night elf demon hunter and female night elf demon hunter, only like their own race, not sure if it's because they are same class? Any particular reason why a male night elf dh and female night elf dh would prefer each other over other races?
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2019-07-27 at 09:19 AM.

you are right, i was referring to night elf dh's though, they seem to only like their own kind, for example the male night elf demon hunter and female night elf demon hunter, only like their own race, not sure if it's because they are same class? Any particular reason why a male night elf dh and female night elf dh would prefer each other over other races?
    Probably for the same reason. DH's are somewhat outcasts anyway, but I think the belves are also more shortlived than the nelves.., afaik.

Probably for the same reason. DH's are somewhat outcasts anyway, but I think the belves are also more shortlived than the nelves.., afaik.
    how would that same reason apply to the male and female night elf dh? Do they live long as regular non-dh night elves or something? And they are half demons, can they even have offspring?
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2019-07-27 at 09:30 AM.

how would that same reason apply to the male and female night elf dh? Do they live long as regular non-dh night elves or something?
    Why would they not? They are nelves after all, are they not?

Why would they not? They are nelves after all, are they not?
    yes but 10% demon, (also can they have offspring?)

So reproduction is the only reason why the male and female dh would prefer each other (and being same race) because they live longer than any other race? Is there any other reasons aside from that?

for example the male night elf demon hunter and female night elf demon hunter, only like their own race
    What exactly is your source for this? The flirt-emotes...? I'm pretty sure they are not some official lore you should go by. If they were, Male Blood Elves would only be attracted to themselves, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    What exactly is your source for this? The flirt-emotes...? I'm pretty sure they are not some official lore you should go by. If they were, Male Blood Elves would only be attracted to themselves, for example.
    no source, just the fact i hear that night elves in general stick to their own, so im wondering if this also applies to night elf demon hunters as well?

no source, just the fact i hear that night elves in general stick to their own, so im wondering if this also applies to night elf demon hunters as well?
    NPCs looking for Romance are not THAT common in WoW in general. Sure, i can remember a few who were looking to get somebodies attention...but those were maybe 10 over 15 years, so not exactly a whole lot.

For Night Elves, in particular i can only think of 4 sad/unfulfilled love stories and then of course Tyrande+Malfurion. Night Elves may be more reclusive than most other races, but i'm sure there is no hard rule that Night Elves would not consider other races for a relationship. At the Ashran FP for example there was a Human Foot-Soldier trying to hit on a female druid by promising her the best steak for dinner she had ever had...only to be told she was a vegetarian. Off the top of my head i cannot even think of THAT many cross-race relationships. Of course there are the infamous Windrunners, yes...but besides them? We now have the mandatory Gnome-Goblin couple everybody had been waiting for since 2004....

10+ Year Old Account
    It is due to their culture. The Night Elves have always kept to themselves relation wise, up until the loss of their tree - and most likely more so after the loss of their home.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

More like night elf females don't seek relationship outside their own race. Males don't need to worry about their women, because they won't even look on other races, they want night elf males.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The females are protective of the males.*
    ^

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Warcraft 3 Art book they even considered that the male night elves would mostly speak telepathically thru their females. Sadly that was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    In the Warcraft 3 Art book they even considered that the male night elves would mostly speak telepathically thru their females. Sadly that was dropped.
    why would they need to anyways...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    More like night elf females don't seek relationship outside their own race. Males don't need to worry about their women, because they won't even look on other races, they want night elf males.

^
    makes sense but i'm wondering for dh's if this also applies to them? For example,
    why wouldn't a night elf female demon hunter seek relationships outside their own race? Any particular reason why they would prefer a male night elf demon hunter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is due to their culture. The Night Elves have always kept to themselves relation wise, up until the loss of their tree - and most likely more so after the loss of their home.
    so this also applies to night elf demon hunters as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    so this also applies to night elf demon hunters as well?
    Demon Hunters generally didn't have any relationships other than wantings but duty came before life.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you 're over thinking something you shouldn 't be over thinking