Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You weren't clever the first time, and this is even worse.
    I really appreciate it when you use the word clever, it just tickles something in me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I really hope the obvious effort put into the feel and play of this hero is indicative of a trend in reworks as well as hero design going forward.

I've been enjoying the ever loving shit out of this hero.
    I agree, my only issue is the shield is clunky as fuck, but otherwise Sigma is real fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I really appreciate it when you use the word clever, it just tickles something in me.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, my only issue is the shield is clunky as fuck, but otherwise Sigma is real fun.
    If it was deployable and retractable more conveniently he would be so insanely overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    It's called embarrassment.

If it was deployable and retractable more conveniently he would be so insanely overpowered.
    You might be right, but is making an ability clunky really a fun method of balance? I'm sure there's a better way to go about it. Nonetheless, he's good fun and feels powerful without being Brigitte levels of OP so I'm happy. Bouncing shots off walls to punish enemy shield placement is really fun. Feels like Orisa's gonna become an even more popular pick to deal with him, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It's called embarrassment.
    You could argue I am embarrassed on behalf of all clever people, kinda like what black people feel like when they find out that white people go on Twitter and pretend to be black people with conservative views.
    Last edited by Kharadin; 2019-07-28 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    My fear this character is only going to make the CC in Overwatch even worse.
    Getting hit by his Accretion is like getting hit by Reinhardt's Firestrike. You have plenty of time to avoid it, and if he does it at close range it has no CC, less damage, and damages him too.

I played him for a few hours when the PTR first came out.

There are some issues with the character that need to be cleaned up a bit, like I think his right click should immediately deploy the shield if you just tap it, since tapping right click just causes him to wave his hand with no shield appearing, even causing animation clipping. They've already reduced the cooldown of his Kinetic Grasp, which is good because in the first public build it took forever.

Other than those two issues, he feels generally good. He's extremely effective at pushing, as he can constantly push his shields farther forward ahead of the group, giving them a solid opening to move through chokes and to push back the enemy. He's really good at creating relatively safe pockets for your team to move through.

I would say his biggest weakness is actually that he's really susceptible to dive. He has low mobility and his defensive options are extremely limited at close range, since his cooldowns are relatively long and his shield is awkward to deploy immediately in front of him. Enemies can just walk through your shield and get in your face, so you need to stay on your toes and have an off-tank that can help hold a spot.

He works best with an offensive team. I feel like if you get stuck on a team with people who are afraid to push past the choke, it's going to be really frustrating trying to play as him. Though those are the banes of pretty much any tank.

I wonder if JoJo can sue Capcom!

Sigma's Cameltoe

Sigma has a pussy.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-08-11 at 10:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just had one game but I noticed right away hes too fast of a pusher tank (well he is the only one).
    No other tank is near that mobility/defensive capabilities just mobility.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are his strengths? tell me what to focus on cuz i find him rather underwhelming

also what is the fastest way to charge up his ultimate? i usually get to charge a single ultimate per round
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what are his strengths? tell me what to focus on cuz i find him rather underwhelming

also what is the fastest way to charge up his ultimate? i usually get to charge a single ultimate per round
    - Shooting accurately around corners.

- Being very aggressive

- Pair with Zarya or Hammond for best results

- You can adjust your boulder while its charging

- Charge ult by doing a lot of damage to multiple targets, really just work on your aim and flicking the second shot in the burst if a second target can be hit

- Weak to Mei

- Never having to reload

- Fancy blocking with the shield

- Don't block when you don't have to

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    He seems to be very weak to roadhog and reaper with the size of his hitbox.

- Weak to Mei
    Man I learned this the HARD way

- Weak to ALL BEAMY MOTHERFUCKERS
    FTFY.

After round 1 the enemy teams keep picking Zarya/Symm and just nuking me the fuck down. It's a little flattering but mostly just upsetting.

I like playing him. His shield is strong, he has an additional defence against projectiles besides it, his main attack has AoE to it, then there's the stronger projectile. Even his ult is something useful, at least if my team acts on it. Sigma is like a tank that tanks on the side and offers support fire otherwise, which suits me quite well. Needs team mates around him, at least for my play style.

Love putting a wall in front of enemy widows in any case
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging by OWL Sigma introduction falls into the category BLZ has used in all their games. Making a new hero OP on purpose to advance interest or rather re-interest among players. The historically most painting example was DK in WoW.

I think however given the changes they made in OW latetely aside from the 2-2-2 will result in quick tweaks.
    Developers clearly want to tone down the impact of ultis and and Sigma ulti given his damage output falls into a nerf slot, or more preferably a nerf to the damage output which in my view is the main issue with him.

Some other conclusions not related to Sigma but the OWL the entire 2019 season.
    * Some ultis, most often AoE ones should be harder to set up.
    * Orissa halt is too impactfull and too easily setup for one shot combos with othe regular talents, widow, doomfist, dual CC (for example Hog
    hook, Sigma stun etc.
    * Adding new heroes in tank or healer pool given they are much smaller should only be done if existing heroes in that pool still serve a
    purpose. For Example Rein, Winston been rarely used OWL 2019 and wont ever be used in this meta and for Diva its probably true as well
    since there is no real dive comps or ultimates important enough to eat apart from Mei's.
    * Shielding and CC need to be toned down, it is and has been the same issue in WoW, in OW too many dps heroe gets rendered useless the
    more shielding and cc that is added. Examples for this is genji, tracer among others.

My main beef with OW in general, again among pros and OWL (cos im nowhere near that) is the impact of ultimate combo. I understand that is a very hard thing to balance but there has to be some tweaks of comboing 2 AoE ultis cos its frankly boring when it comes down just 10% of fights being neutral, 50% being about 1 ulti but roughly speaking 40% of the fights having in theory only one outcome cos 2 AoE ultis are combo'd.
    We seen this in goats, we see it now, we probably always seen it to some extent but it needs to be fixed. Either the culprits need to be harder to setup or shifting time taken to build such an ulti.

It's a bit annoying to see some massive AoE ultis require much setup (and risk for interruption and abort while in animation) while others have none even those they yield the same or more impact. Example of this Rein ulti vs Mei (who can simply iceblook directly after Q to ignore interruption).

But to end this post in regards of Sigma only. Nerf his damage output, the ulti issue would sort itself with it building more slowly. Also a small, small tweak between the time he can put up/re-deploy his shield would be welcome. It is insane to see a tank in OWL do 40% of the teams damage in competition with 2 dps and another tank (+ possible high damage output healer such as Baptiste).

To put in perspective, with Rein since he is a shield tank too. The following is what Sigma can do and not Rein.
    * Cover a team retreat with himself getting away too (Rein need to backpedal slowly with shield up)
    * Do damage while still act as a tank ie. shield is up
    * Stun
    * Shield himself
    The developers were more than aware that the introduction of Sigma in his introduction state would render Rein utterly useless. This is one of the reasons why I felt comfident saying this is a classic example of releasing OP new heroes for interest and then nerfing them.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2019-09-10 at 04:15 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

duo queue with sigma/doomfist and you will win 9/10 games.