Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

[concept] 9.0 World of Warcraft: Lords of Death

Hello everyone. We had alphabet soup for lunch today. It was very tasty so I ate a lot. Unfortunately it was too much and I threw up on the floor. As I fetched a mop and was ready to clean it up, I noticed the letters spelled out an expansion concept. Since leak season is on I figured I would share it:

WORLD OF WARCRAFT: LORDS OF DEATH

Alexstrasza the life binder summons the heroes of Azeroth to the Dragon Isle to share with them a terrible news. The cycle between life and death is breaking. Souls do not pass on and ghosts flood the land. The reason? The same being who clouded Vol'Jin on the Broken Shore and elected Sylvanas as Warchief.

Garrosh Hellscream.

When he died, he did not take it lightly. His soul, filled with vengeance was planning sceaming and gaining strength. With likeminded orc souls he conspired and managed find a way to extend a hand to the realm of the living. He hated Vol'Jin for his rebellion, so he made sure he dies on the Broken Shore and nominated Sylvanas cause he knew she would undo everything Vol'Jin did or wanted to do.
    But that's not all. He wants to be the ruler of the Shadowlands and he is gathering new souls into his ghostly army. His conquest against the various death gods is what causes the imbalance in the mortal realm.

For her part, Sylvanas knew about Garrosh. Her excuse for her super nazi war is that if everyone becomes undead, no souls enter the Shadowlands, and Garrosh can't have his army. Obviously she was stopped so this plan didn't work.

What about the Old Gods? Patience, that will come soon enough. Now, Xalatath (the spirit) will join the expedition into the Shadowlands under a disguise and use this opportunity to gather dead members of the Twilight Hammer cult.

Features:

Level squish. You start as 60 and level to 65.
    New class: Necromancer
    Starts at 40
    available to all races except the two draenei
    3 specs. One healer, one dot based dps and one pet based tank
    New neutral race: Naga
    Without Azshara to lead them the Naga are without purpose and are seeking a new one. Anduin welcomes them with open arms, while the Horde would rather have them at their side than as enemies. Suits them just fine.
    Available classes: Cant be rogue, monk, death knight, druid or demon hunter
    New zone: Dragon Isle
    New continent: Shadowlands

New excuse to grind: The Lantern

An artifact quality trinket. There are several beings that hold domain over death in the Shadowlands. You offer your trinket to one of them. This gives you a talent tree like the one artifact weapons had, only slightly bigger. Doing one for each spec would have taken enormous resources and would deprive players of choice, so another route was chosen. There are two kind of gifts the Lords of Death could give. One that fits your class or one that fits your role (tank, healer, physical dps, magic dps). As a shadowpriest you might not like the general priest talent tree, so you pick the magic dps one. It's up to you.

New flight system: Each zone in the Shadowlands has rare mobs that guard it and prohibit flying. Find them and kill them all to enable to you to fly before the first content patch but after you already experienced the leveling content on foot.

Obvious stuff:
    Extensive class revamp again
    More quests, dungeons and everything
    No garrison or mission table

I would add more stuff but a world revamp would just extend the workload without adding much. So no world revamp.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-07-30 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hello everyone. We had alphabet soup for lunch today. It was very tasty so I ate a lot. U
    New flight system: Each zone in the Shadowlands has rare mobs that guard it and prohibit flying. Find them and kill them all to enable to you to fly before the first content patch but after you already experienced the leveling content on foot.
    Like this however, Flying has already been taken away from us because of pathfinder, in 3 expacs, this would be the exact samething because we have to once again go thru the leveling content on foot, then kill the rares, why cant we kill them as part of an achievement progression system WHILE were leveling. That would seem viable, as while were in the zone, leveling up, they include the rares in the quests, we kill them, and progress thru the main story, once they initial story is done, BAM flying unlocked at max level
    Last edited by kaiba1; 2019-07-27 at 09:42 PM.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Like this however, Flying has already been taken away from us
    Damn, i didn't know they took it away from us.

My mounts moving around at 310% speed mid-air must be a very serious bug.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Damn, i didn't know they took it away from us.

My mounts moving around at 310% speed mid-air must be a very serious bug.
    At the start of each Expac it is because of Pathfinder... I love how they read the first few words and immediately become a smart-ass over it.
    Havoc Specialization

But that would rule out Elune being the whisperer and no Tinker class. So that’s a no go.

7+ Year Old Account
    At the start of each Expac it is because of Pathfinder... I love how they read the first few words and immediately become a smart-ass over it.
    It's called time gating, not "taking away".

That's like saying they "take away" all my gear each expansion because new gear is better than old gear.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Like this however, Flying has already been taken away from us because of pathfinder, in 3 expacs, this would be the exact samething because we have to once again go thru the leveling content on foot, then kill the rares, why cant we kill them as part of an achievement progression system WHILE were leveling. That would seem viable, as while were in the zone, leveling up, they include the rares in the quests, we kill them, and progress thru the main story, once they initial story is done, BAM flying unlocked at max level
    Well I didn't want to exactly copy the FFXIV system. I went for a middle ground between pathfinder and aether currents. Err I mean this was what the alphabet soup spelled out. Don't shoot the messenger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I didn't want to exactly copy the FFXIV system. I went for a middle ground between pathfinder and aether currents. Err I mean this was what the alphabet soup spelled out. Don't shoot the messenger.
    No im not im just trying to help you make it better, is all. Blizzard in general needs to get rid of Time-Gating all together, because its just pissing off the player base, and making it that much harder to "Sell" their product:

Come play World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, where everything in the game is randomized so you dont know what you could get, when you need a new set of boots, it will take ou 3 to 4 weeks or more to get the boots you want on top of rolling a "Weekly Loot Crate System" that rewards you with better stuff the high difficulty content you do.

Delve into the depths and battle Queen Azshara and her Naga army in the all new Patch 8.2 that unlocks flying after a "short" rep grind as well as our new token system that acts more of a lottery and randomizes gear for you thats better than the most challenging content in the game.

All for $15 a Month.

BUY NOW!

See how hard that is? I nearly laughed at it myself, it is currently hard as hell to sell this game to a 10 year old let alone an adult and keep them playing.
    Last edited by kaiba1; 2019-07-27 at 10:42 PM.
    Havoc Specialization

No, god damn it.

Would not pay 15 cents for this crap much less 15 dollars. stop these so called leaks .. i call it horses--t

her super nazi war
    Can the lefties stop using nazi like its nothing all the time, its very disrespectful to those that actually suffered under it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Can the lefties stop using nazi like its nothing all the time, its very disrespectful to those that actually suffered under it.
    Can right wing voters stop demanding respect all the while using only nicknames to refer to anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

No im not im just trying to help you make it better, is all. Blizzard in general needs to get rid of Time-Gating all together, because its just pissing off the player base, and making it that much harder to "Sell" their product:

Come play World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, where everything in the game is randomized so you dont know what you could get, when you need a new set of boots, it will take ou 3 to 4 weeks or more to get the boots you want on top of rolling a "Weekly Loot Crate System" that rewards you with better stuff the high difficulty content you do.

Delve into the depths and battle Queen Azshara and her Naga army in the all new Patch 8.2 that unlocks flying after a "short" rep grind as well as our new token system that acts more of a lottery and randomizes gear for you thats better than the most challenging content in the game.

All for $15 a Month.

BUY NOW!

See how hard that is? I nearly laughed at it myself, it is currently hard as hell to sell this game to a 10 year old let alone an adult and keep them playing.
    Agreed. But you know. While I do not want to present this as a genuine leak, I was still sort of aiming for something I would expect Blizzard to do. That's why it is not a complete wish fulfillment like the others. The better WoW is called Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    stop these so called leaks .. i call it horses--t
    If you think this was meant to be taken seriously, you weren't paying attention.

This would be a good troll thread if we didn't already have like half a dozen of them. Meanwhile, this remains unlocked while threads featuring worthwhile discussions get locked by the fun police because people reference politics and say pee pee and vajayjay.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This would be a good troll thread if we didn't already have like half a dozen of them. Meanwhile, this remains unlocked while threads featuring worthwhile discussions get locked by the fun police because people reference politics and say pee pee and vajayjay.
    Don't look at me. I'm not a mod. I'm not closing any threads or asking any to close down. Yes, there are many fake leaks, but I don't like any of them, so I made mine. You know, it would be funny if I got anything right. If not, I can pretend my idea was better. A win-win.

Artifact trinket would be nice, since I always think it is the most annoying slot to fill. In all honestly I hope they do away with artifact stuff completely next expansion tho.
    Also, please no more Garrosh.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Artifact trinket would be nice, since I always think it is the most annoying slot to fill. In all honestly I hope they do away with artifact stuff completely next expansion tho.
    Also, please no more Garrosh.
    I like Garrosh. He was good for the game. Somebody who was a main character for 4 consecutive expansions and had an arc. As for the artifacts, I'm sure they will stay in one form or another, which is why I included it.

What a horrible fan fic attempt, claiming the hardests it can to be legit.

LMFAO, your not even credible or trying. This just screams of Fanfiction and nonsense all over the place.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    What a horrible fan fic attempt, claiming the hardests it can to be legit.

LMFAO, your not even credible or trying. This just screams of Fanfiction and nonsense all over the place.
    Definitely. That's why I said it is thrown up alphabet soup. Nice try.

As for it screaming of Fanfiction nonsense...well that's pretty much Blizzard writing since Warcraft II so I don't see a problem

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This is not only left wing. People are just uneducated to know better historical comparisons.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    This is not only left wing. People are just uneducated to know better historical comparisons.
    Don't tell him that. Everyone knows that Right Wing people are perfectly respectable about holocaust survivors. All of them, all the time. It's the left wing you should be afraid of.

But enough IRL politics. Who would you suggests out of real life figures, who is a better comparison? Not Genghis Khan obviously. He was way more successful.