Poll: Who are you rooting for to claim QUEEN AZSHARA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Also I think they had the biggest impact on how modern raiding developed and shaped up to be, which ironically probably also killed their guild
    in the end?
    From what I understand it was general pickiness on Paragon's part. They recruited almost exclusively Finnish players which greatly restricted their pool of candidates. (IIRC comms were in Finnish not English?) That was the reason they went 10M and I'm sure it contributed to their disbanding.

7+ Year Old Account
    So they talked about the meme regarding all the breaks and apparently most of the time it was to deal with weakauras not working properly/adding new stuff, etc.. and that they'll probably put someone outside the raid team to check all the auras during progression so they don't have to stop that much next race.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Don't forget to include that Method exploited a bug to get their fist Court kill instead of waiting for it to be fixed
    As did everyone else that killed it first week ?

I still think Paragon in Firelands is the most dominant a guild has been basically ever though, unless I'm forgetting something obvious. Maybe Paragon's Lich King kill was on the same level. Really explosive and dominant but ultimately rather short reign.

Also I think they had the biggest impact on how modern raiding developed and shaped up to be, which ironically probably also killed their guild
    in the end?
    Agreed. People who wank the Method "world first and world second" kills should go check
    https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5803

Paragon basically died because lots of people left and they couldn't get 20 people anymore who would meet the high standards that they had set themselves. There was the discussion if they should go "international" (not just Finnish) but decided no. Eventually their guild leader Seita got his standard of Finnish teams in pro Overwatch (contenders wins and I think now in Paris OWL?)

Paragon > Method

Paragon got world first Lich King during WOTLK which had the highest sub count in WoW history. Which means Paragon had the highest number of competiton.

Do the math idiots.

in the end?
    ^^Truth.
    They came with a new level of prep that allowed them to dominate for a short while, but soon others caught up and things went back to how they were.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    From what I understand it was general pickiness on Paragon's part. They recruited almost exclusively Finnish players which greatly restricted their pool of candidates. (IIRC comms were in Finnish not English?) That was the reason they went 10M and I'm sure it contributed to their disbanding.
    Yeah It wasn't about being picky or nationalistic or anything like that, just a 100% Finnish guild with 100% Finnish voice comms. There are bunch of other such guilds in Europe (some language other than English), they just aren't close to world firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    As did everyone else that killed it first week ?
    Uhh no, it was fixed before then.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    ^^Truth.
    They came with a new level of prep that allowed them to dominate for a short while, but soon others caught up and things went back to how they were.
    Others didn't "catch up" with Paragon. Paragon simply was forced to bow out due to being a Finnish language guild and the limited recruitment pool that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    ^^Truth.
    It wasn't that they caught up, they just didn't want to go international. I have no doubt that Paragon would have continued dominating with their leadership had they gone international.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    Paragon > Method

Paragon got world first Lich King during WOTLK which had the highest sub count in WoW history. Which means Paragon had the highest number of competiton.

Do the math idiots.
    Sub count doesnt equal difficulty. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They did, which is rough when raid times keep going up and up. I think they put "split raiding" on the map too by utilizing alts in WotLK (though other guilds had done I believe just not as high profile with pay off)

Also not trying to devalue Method or anything.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2019-07-28 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor View Post
    Others didn't "catch up" with Paragon. Paragon simply was forced to bow out due to being a Finnish language guild and the limited recruitment pool that came with it.
    Nah, they came back to the real WF race (20m), got beat multiple times, then they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Uhh no, it was fixed before then.
    It was fixed on wednesday of second week

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    Paragon > Method

Do the math idiots.
    award for dumbest post of the week goes to ...

Method > Paragon - more WFs (including beating Paragon themselves in WoD), longer "reign", end of story

Method can win 10 more tiers and paragon fanboys will still claim Paragon numba wan

Quote Originally Posted by Draxia View Post
    Yeah It wasn't about being picky or nationalistic or anything like that, just a 100% Finnish guild with 100% Finnish voice comms. There are bunch of other such guilds in Europe (some language other than English), they just aren't close to world firsts.
    Gotcha. I'm American but of Finnish heritage so I always rooted for Paragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Doubtful, the game was easier when Paragon were on top
    Game was harder before, it's easier now. Doesn't matter regardless, Paragon would beat Method no matter how hard it is/was because that's how much better they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Different guilds for different times. Paragon was awesome, but they would have a very hard time building a roster with the time requirements that exist in world first raiding right now.

Paragon's reign was also very short lived, basically 4 tiers. They took over in TOC, cemented it by ICC, lost in in Dragon Soul when they got banned, and disbanded.
    How is the requirements different today than before? They always raided for a ridiculous amount of hours and pulls.

They were at the top in the game's peak, though, in terms of playerbase and competition, there were so many good guilds that were getting world firsts in say tier 11 and right behind others. Just have to look at how much quicker they killed Lich King and Ragnaros, complete unrivaled dominance. They also didn't disband in Cata and didn't become number 1 until tier 10 ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Lmao no, and Methods continued longass domination is > Paragon or any other guilds WoW accomplishments overall

Facts

Method also got WFs on the bosses, that are hardest mechanically/in execution in WoW raiding history
    Lmao yes. Method win at a dead game in comparison, big grats. Put this Method back in Cata and you'd see them getting their ass handed to them. Remember that this Method is a merger with Rapid Eye Movement who were a top 25 (?) guild. The game is way easier in comparison, my nan could play the game now because everything is easier and simplified for you.

Method can never get near to the domination shown by Paragon. Facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    award for dumbest post of the week goes to ...

Method > Paragon - more WFs (including beating Paragon themselves in WoD), longer "reign", end of story

Method can win 10 more tiers and paragon fanboys will still claim Paragon numba wan
    It goes to your posts. More WF's because a guild disbanded and no longer competes, solid logic.
    Last edited by TJ; 2019-07-28 at 07:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For once NA had a shot and then do what they do best. They choke by making bad deicisions.
    Tnnx Limit for having the shot at winning and making the next race actually interesting from the start.

And choke

That being said, I would love to see LIMIT again next time and actually claim the end boss or someone else.
    I'm tired of Methods superior support organization and top notch players. Time they get to taste a loss so they come back with fire in their eyes.

/signed a Method fan
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxia View Post
    Agreed. People who wank the Method "world first and world second" kills should go check
    https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5803

Paragon basically died because lots of people left and they couldn't get 20 people anymore who would meet the high standards that they had set themselves. There was the discussion if they should go "international" (not just Finnish) but decided no. Eventually their guild leader Seita got his standard of Finnish teams in pro Overwatch (contenders wins and I think now in Paris OWL?)
    Also https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/4584

No one comes close

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Game was harder before, it's easier now. Doesn't matter regardless, Paragon would beat Method no matter how hard it is/was because that's how much better they were.

How is the requirements different today than before? They always raided for a ridiculous amount of hours and pulls.

The game was definitely not harder before. Every final boss of this expansion, G'huun, Jaina, Uunat, Azshara, are all harder than any final boss was during Wotlk or cata or MoP. The requirements are also way different now. Raiding requirements go way beyond just raiding insane hours. The prep that is put in during split raids, or AP farming, is so much more of a time sink than back then.