Poll: Who are you rooting for to claim QUEEN AZSHARA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    It's unimaginably more terrifying working a job you feel indifferent about than doing something repeatedly possibly enjoyable for a living.
    One is contributing to putting a roof above your head. The other is far from being sufficient in becoming financially independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    Depends what you consider close

Limit had sub 1% wipes on G'huun I would consider that fairly close.
    I am going by kill time difference; despite how close Limit was on Ghuun, they didn't kill it until a day after Method. But yes, different metrics for how close a race was will give different results.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    It's unimaginably more terrifying working a job you feel indifferent about than doing something repeatedly possibly enjoyable for a living.
    except outside of sco and a few others most of these guys arent making a living doing this lmao. You make more doing minimum wage and develop far better life skills and can move up in life if you work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    One is contributing to putting a roof above your head. The other is far from being sufficient in becoming financially independent.
    Most of them have jobs, Roger is literally going in to the Army today.

I think it's only Sco who is full time but he's the brand face/manager.

Both Method and Limit would have lost raid hours if they hadn't killed her by today.

You're just pulling stuff out of your rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

Both Method and Limit would have lost raid hours if they hadn't killed her by today.

LUL eu army. So not a real job and he will somehow continue to raid? Thought roger was in college for the better part of a decade while raiding? Why the army?

The future of the mythic race:

Raiders develop and use a sandbox version of WoW, with or without game assets, to be able to practice mythic encounters beginning at any particular phase infinitely.

Encounters begin scripting during heroic week and updated while the guild is progressing on mythic. The fight script can be implemented automatically based on weakaura / bigwig timers and combat log damage values logged by the guild.

The benefits:
    Guilds can skip to any particular phase, practicing and perfecting strategies and movement especially, without having to wipe in earlier phases due to regression.

The cons:
    Initially requires an advanced development team.
    Very difficult to get correct, numerical values especially.
    ToS?
    Obviously won't mirror actual gameplay to any serious degree, based on how well it is designed.

I'm filing for a trademark as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Suphix View Post
    Ive played wow since vanilla beta, have to be honest and say that this was the most boring thing I've ever seen related to wow. It was literally like watching paint dry. What a mess
    WoW in general is just a boring game to watch no matter what is going on. You can only make it work with a great personality, then again people are tuning in for that rather than the game. Or you just build your channel around doing M+ boosts for free.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Alright I was wrong thinking they wouldn't be able to kill it without changing strat. Seems the race was probably a lot closer than I anticipated, they just played bad yesterday but they definitely could've had it.
    If Limit didn't have to relearn the damn fight every day they would have taken the race yesterday. Every single day upon waking up though it seems like they have to spend over half their raid day relearning. No idea what causes that.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Playing a video 40+ hours per week is nothing to proud of. Kind of scary.
    try 80+ lol. From there prep Q&A

Many players are playing up to 18 hours per day since the release of 8.2.
    Totally normal dudes with normal lives BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    No it wasn't. Pieces/ Method for Uunat was a closer race. Was certainly a fun race to follow, however.
    How was Uldir not the closest..didnt limit literally have like a 0 percent wipe

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    I am going by kill time difference; despite how close Limit was on Ghuun, they didn't kill it until a day after Method. But yes, different metrics for how close a race was will give different results.
    It's not only kill time difference - both with G'huun and Jaina, Limit failed to finish the deal before the reset, by choosing a "wrong" strategy. This time, even though they lost, their stategy was not doomed to fail without extra gear/entirely wrong. It came down to poor play and wasting an entire day - and then doing the exact same thing, except with actual good performance. Sure, two healing turned out to be superior, but not to the same extent that burning Jaina vs killing elementals or extending vs re-clear was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    How was Uldir not the closest..didnt limit literally have like a 0 percent wipe
    It could have been if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by extending. This time, their strategy was completely fine, it was just massive fails yesterday that let Method win.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-07-29 at 01:13 AM.

Respect to Limit for sticking to their strat and showing that it worked in p4

Good race all around even if Azshara is a bit of a weird boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

You're taking what I said out of context. You can't possibly compare a job to raiding and call both sustainable for a living like the guy I quoted seemed to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    LUL eu army. So not a real job and he will somehow continue to raid? Thought roger was in college for the better part of a decade while raiding? Why the army?
    Because Greece has mandatory basic military service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The problem here was not the strat, it was that Method was the more consistent guild.
    Absolutely not the case. Two consoles vs four consoles was absolutely the difference in the kill

It's interesting that for two consecutive tiers, Method has gone with the more aggressive strat and won, but Limit has also had a different, less aggressive strategy that worked as well.

The problem here was not the strat, it was that Method was the more consistent guild.
    Just because a strategy worked does not absolve it from flaws.
    You could technically kill azshara with 5 healers if everyone played perfect, but we would still agree that strategy is idiotic.

It was most likely a combination of strategy & performance.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Method's consistency was so-so before the nerf. People were mocking their two healing for a reason - it seemed like they were having issues even getting to phase 3, nevermind phase 4. Meanwhile, Limit was dying to P3 berserk timer, so three healing appeared much superior.

It was only the last two days where Method gained a signficant advantage and had great consistency with their pulls, whereas Limit completely squandered the lead they had. Honestly, if nerfs were just a little bit different and demanded a bit more healing, the results could have been a entirely different. Either way, it was a good race (even if the fight itself wasn't exactly exciting to watch). Hopefully Limit doesn't give up in the next tier.

What makes you say that? To me, Limit's issue wasn't the 4 consoles, it was that even with 3 healers, they basically never reached the end phase with rezzes.
    Isn't raid and boss positioning often part of strategy? Could that not contribute to more mistakes?

It's mostly subjective, but it seems like there were mistakes on multiple levels. Including strategy and individual performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Absolutely not the case. Two consoles vs four consoles was absolutely the difference in the kill
    No this was clearly Limit being highly inconsistent over the past few days and basically spending half the raid days relearning the fight over and over just to get deep P4 pulls to even get to those consoles. Limit didn't lose Azshara because of strategy this time around, they lost it because they were so damn inconsistent.

So now that Limit proved 3 healer strategy is actually viable, we have moved on to just saying its stupid. Sounds good, makes sense.

lots of love to Limit for world 2nd! they do a great job and ill keep rooting for them next tier