Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wait... I won't have the necessary gold for riding from 40 levels' worth of quest rewards?
    Don't buy any skills you don't need for actually leveling. This will save you a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Not even close, unless you are really, really frugal on skills, don’t buy any profession ranks, and can somehow avoid lots of repair bills.
    Damn, well I better pick up mining and blacksmithing, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Don't buy any skills you don't need for actually leveling. This will save you a ton.
    I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Grinding jaguars in swamp of sorrows. You can easily make 10g/hr literally just vendoring grey items and green drops. Double that if you have herbalism to pick all of the Blindweed and Fadeleaf around there.

Sounds like someone hasn't played vanilla
    My point was that there is nobody that will use 15g on an item of any kind on the first week of Classic. We are all going to be saving for the mount(with the exeption of warlocks and paladins).

Damn, well I better pick up mining and blacksmithing, then.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll definitely keep this in mind.
    What class/faction are you planning on playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    My point was that there is nobody that will use 15g on an item of any kind on the first week of Classic. We are all going to be saving for the mount(with the exeption of warlocks and paladins).
    I plan on buying up as many blues that I can find. I will go without a mount, if that's what it takes. Honestly, I'm a farmer/grinder, so a mount is not that important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Has blizzard specifically said WoW tokens won’t be around? I have a hard time believing they won’t capitalize on how much they would make selling gold to a fresh and completely broke set of players. Nobody’s going to want to grind for their 60 mount, tokens would be a huge temptation.
    Even if they did, what do you expect them to sell for? 2g each? 20? If noone really has any gold in the beginning then how are the prices going to be set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What class/faction are you planning on playing?
    Alliance paladin or horde druid but haven't decided yet. If I go horde druid I guess I'd pick up skinning/leatherworking but I have a feeling mining/blacksmithing would make me more gold.

Alliance paladin or horde druid but haven't decided yet. If I go horde druid I guess I'd pick up skinning/leatherworking but I have a feeling mining/blacksmithing would make me more gold.
    Well, as an alliance paladin, you are set. Spend your gold by investing in the AH early. You can easily make hundreds of gold in the first month by buying enchanting mats and other items early on (wool cloth and mageweave come to mind).

Blacksmithing is not going to make you much gold... it is a huge sink, unless you get very lucky with patterns. Skinning is great on a druid. As for places to grind, the ogres in Alerac would be great for you as a druid. You will never pull more than one, and you can avoid ganks extremely easily. Otherwise, SoS and Arathi would work very well for you.

Well, as an alliance paladin, you are set. Spend your gold by investing in the AH early. You can easily make hundreds of gold in the first month by buying enchanting mats and other items early on (wool cloth and mageweave come to mind).

Blacksmithing is not going to make you much gold... it is a huge sink, unless you get very lucky with patterns. Skinning is great on a druid. As for places to grind, the ogres in Alerac would be great for you as a druid. You will never pull more than one, and you can avoid ganks extremely easily. Otherwise, SoS and Arathi would work very well for you.
    Taking notes. Thanks!!

Wait... I won't have the necessary gold for riding from 40 levels' worth of quest rewards?
    Nope. Spell rank training is a pretty big gold sink, even if you only train necessary spells for leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    nobody that will use 15g on an item of any kind on the first week of Classic
    You'd be surprised. I've played through 4 pserver launches and even during the first week there were plenty of blue BoEs on the AH going for 10-20 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Maybe someone was new like everyone else
    And yet you're still making definitive statements and telling people they're wrong.

You'd be surprised. I've played through 4 pserver launches and even during the first week there were plenty of blue BoEs on the AH going for 10-20 gold.
    That's the thing though, were they actually going for that much, or were people putting them on for that much as they'd just come from an older server and had the old mindset. I expect the first week there to be loads of stuff on AH at current retail prices, people are in for a big shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I've bought my 60% mount back in the days at level 47 or 48.

Hopefully will be easier to do it this time!
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    That's the thing though, were they actually going for that much, or were people putting them on for that much as they'd just come from an older server and had the old mindset. I expect the first week there to be loads of stuff on AH at current retail prices, people are in for a big shock.
    I'd assume they were "actually going for that much" or else people wouldn't keep posting them at those prices.

I'd assume they were "actually going for that much" or else people wouldn't keep posting them at those prices.
    Thats a super-faulty bit of reasoning there.

Ive literally seen the same guy repost the same item at the same price for months on end and it never sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Thats a super-faulty bit of reasoning there.

Ive literally seen the same guy repost the same item at the same price for months on end and it never sold.
    >one person does thing
    >that means everyone will do this thing

And you claim that my reasoning is "super faulty"

fucking lol

All streamers had gold to buy the mount at 40 but that isn't representative of what will happen in the actual game. Streamers were stuck at level 30 for quite some time so all they did was farm this or that and accumulated gold.

In live just don't spend gold on gear, professions or spells you won't be using and by the time you hit 40 you should have enough to buy a mount. Having a mount will vastly increase your ability to farm so then you can go back and level spells/professions as needed (or save gold to get epic mount at 60).

>one person does thing
    >that means everyone will do this thing

And you claim that my reasoning is "super faulty"

fucking lol
    If you knew even the tiniest bit about how auctioning works, particularly online, you'd realize what a fuckwit you sound like.

Just because you see something listed for a price, doesn't mean its selling at that price. In fact, if you see it up at the same price often, its because it ISNT selling, and someone is being stubborn because "its worth this much".

I was providing a single example. If my account were active, i could log on right now and use TSM to show the literal hundreds of auctions that have been up for WEEKS at the same price and haven't sold.

If its an item where only one or two are ever posted, and theyre always the same price? Its because they aren't selling.

Basic online auctioning 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Yes, my Paladin will have enough money.
    Huehuehuehuehuehue.

Well played.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2019-07-29 at 04:33 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    ofc wowtoken will be a thing, together with flying and LFR. /s
    Maby a /s for you. But There's a lot of player who prefer to have a faster option to get things.

Hell no!
    And proud of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Maby a /s for you. But There's a lot of player who prefer to have a faster option to get things.
    There is a faster option.
    It's called Battle for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    All streamers had gold to buy the mount at 40 but that isn't representative of what will happen in the actual game. Streamers were stuck at level 30 for quite some time so all they did was farm this or that and accumulated gold.

In live just don't spend gold on gear, professions or spells you won't be using and by the time you hit 40 you should have enough to buy a mount. Having a mount will vastly increase your ability to farm so then you can go back and level spells/professions as needed (or save gold to get epic mount at 60).
    Streamers will most likely still have an advantage even on new servers just because of the huge number of helpers in the first days/weeks.

For normal / non-streamers the old Old-School-Mount achievement and the rarity of it shows pretty much how rare epic-mounts will be for a good while.

-