Poll: Do You Want One Faction?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A unification in a way would be interesting. Most likely we'll see the conflict between factions be less focused than the racial ones, and we'll be able to group and fight together once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    From a technical point, raiding on the alliance is almost dead. 9 out of 10 most successful guilds in the world are Horde. The raiding population is lopsided towards the Horde and the player pool keeps getting smaller with every expansion, meaning raiding populations keep getting unnecessarily split for all things pvp/pve.

By that, they've been hinting in story and interviews we are headed for a more finite faction war resolution with some sort of cross-faction co-op, most likely facilitated by the less bone headed representative of both sides once Sylvanas is dealt with and Genn curbed, though Genn has shown change in respects to this by understanding the plight of the Undead despite having no love loss for Sylvanas herself.
    This is actually easier solved by consolidating dead realms. The story has generally always moved to the work together for the greater good and then go back to your squabbling. They'd risk too much going for one faction or too far into cross faction activities. They'd upset their investors with possible sub loss.

Nope, but I do want the faction barrier to be removed. Both factions can continue existing for the sake of story and whatnot, but players should be able to group up, the current split hurts the game and adds nothing positive in return.

I mean, even in PvP said barrier is almost removed, there's even a merc mode, the could just take one step forward and make our chars mercenaries who fight big bads and each other for money and glory :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course. This artificial division is an archaic design choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    This is actually easier solved by consolidating dead realms. The story has generally always moved to the work together for the greater good and then go back to your squabbling. They'd risk too much going for one faction or too far into cross faction activities. They'd upset their investors with possible sub loss.
    Consolidation of low pop realms wouldn't solve this issue in particular, even if there's literally one world server, eventually most hardcore and semi-hardcore raiders would gather in one faction. It's just WAAAAY better for them to be together, bigger pool of like-minded players => easier and faster recruitment => better progression.

Voted yes purely because I am all-in for faction-mechanical change, but I do think it’s more likely to take the form of just lifting the divide between our existing factions, at least in PVE, and toggled by war mode.

The factions themselves, as concepts, cultures and homes for races that fit them are integral to the world’s vibe. Non-optionally segregating players from playing together in PVE based on race is not. That can and should dissolve while maintaining both factions and everything they stand for that isn’t “hate the other guys.”

would say no absolutely retarded 10years ago

but nowadays how they butchered alliance and everyone and their aunt is horde they have to do it because there need to be absurd strong alliance racial for a couple of addons to see any movement back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we will ever go to a single faction. won't happen.

I voted yes, because the story of this game would greatly benefit from it. In terms of storytelling, the faction system is completely outdated and monolithic and greatly reduces the change of getting innovation and unexpected story arcs that actually makes sense according to all this chessboard of different characters.

However i think this would ruin the gameplay... 15 years of WoW were built over the 2 faction system, and merging them could destroy the game. So unfortunately, i think this will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Consolidation of low pop realms wouldn't solve this issue in particular, even if there's literally one world server, eventually most hardcore and semi-hardcore raiders would gather in one faction. It's just WAAAAY better for them to be together, bigger pool of like-minded players => easier and faster recruitment => better progression.
    It's not way better tho, because it's a guaranteed loss in subscriptions. People chose this game due to faction conflicts. If I wanted to play a game without factions, I'd be on Final Fantasy. Obviously I have no guaranteed numbers on subscription loss, but I can say for a fact they will lose at the very least one lol

Absolutely not. Factions make World of WarCraft. I can't imagine what the game would look like with only one faction. Battlegrounds, world PVP, and a lot of questing would no longer make sense. We've been defined by our faction since launch - eliminating that would throw the game into turmoil.

Blizzard introduced Warmode just this expansion, and its been a huge success. It's had issues, but they are being fixed and its a great template for future improvements. I mostly play PvE content, but I've always played on a PvP server and hating the other faction/the thrill of killing them (or not killing them) in the open world is a core part of my gameplay. I have no beef with people IRL who play the other faction, but in-game I hate their characters with a passion. I will not be their friend - at best, an ally of convenience.

That said, I do believe that raiding should have some form of cross-faction grouping. It makes sense in the lore for the Alliance and Horde to forge temporary, uneasy alliances against greater evils. But merge the factions? Get rid of War Mode? Please no!

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want one faction
    I want no factions. There are no more worthy warchiefs. No more kings.

Want to PVP? Go ahead, make it Free for all
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, even in PvP said barrier is almost removed, there's even a merc mode, the could just take one step forward and make our chars mercenaries who fight big bads and each other for money and glory :P
    I never used that feature, so I'm admittedly speaking from memory from when it was announced, but isn't "mercenary mode" something non-canon, as your character appears, for all intents and purposes, as a member of the opposite faction in BGs? I.E. Your orc mercenary looks like a human to your group when going "merc"?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Yes, make it happen Blizz!

I'd welcome one faction, although I imagine it'll still be two factions but with the faction limitations removed. Can group with friends cross faction, shared pvp stuff, merged LFG etc.

I expect story wise it'll be some kind of truce but we won't be allowed in each others cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    It's not way better tho, because it's a guaranteed loss in subscriptions. People chose this game due to faction conflicts. If I wanted to play a game without factions, I'd be on Final Fantasy. Obviously I have no guaranteed numbers on subscription loss, but I can say for a fact they will lose at the very least one lol
    I'm talking about raiders, it's better for them to be in one faction, trying to maintain some sort of balance and splitting evenly between the two factions is akin to gimping yourself, there's no benefit in doing so, unless you're a masochist ofc.

As for other people, factions could still exist in the lore/story, there's no need to get rid of them, but our chars would just become mercenaries, you ofc could continue RPing as a champion of your faction, if you want.

And faction conflict wasn't really important for a long ass time, I mean, we always end up working together to fight the next big bad or yet another horde warchief :P But all this can be done even when there's no hard faction barrier.

I'm talking about raiders, it's better for them to be in one faction, trying to maintain some sort of balance and splitting evenly between the two factions is akin to gimping yourself, there's no benefit in doing so, unless you're a masochist ofc.

As for other people, factions could still exist in the lore/story, there's no need to get rid of them, but our chars would just become mercenaries, you ofc could continue RPing as a champion of your faction, if you want.

And faction conflict wasn't really important for a long ass time, I mean, we always end up working together to fight the next big bad or yet another horde warchief :P But all this can be done even when there's no hard faction barrier.
    So in essence you just want cross faction raiding?

One faction an silly idea.. like Women's Rights and Gay marriages..

EDIT: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I never used that feature, so I'm admittedly speaking from memory from when it was announced, but isn't "mercenary mode" something non-canon, as your character appears, for all intents and purposes, as a member of the opposite faction in BGs? I.E. Your orc mercenary looks like a human to your group when going "merc"?
    Nothing stops them from making it canon According to Blizz themselves, gameplay > lore, the story is written and/or bent to accommodate the gameplay.

I decided not to vote on this, as I kinda want to see both.

I'd love for a scenario where we've declared a permanent ceasefire with each other. But the faction war still burns in the hearts of the citizens who can't let it go. Could even do a storyline that involves the brawlers' guild as an outlet for these tensions. Narratively, you could do so much more with a forced cooperation storyline then you ever could with the current two faction system. Unity =! Harmony.

And gameplay wise, you can still have PvP battlegrounds based upon faction, but PvE content not being faction exclusive.