View Poll Results: Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Yes

172 49.00%
  • No

179 51.00%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No ... absolutely not. I miss my old gnome and want to be able to play it as it used to be.

<-----------

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    There's no downside to making it a client-side option.
    Apart from those who want it to look the way it used to ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    If you care that much about your model that you can't stand to see the old ones, then you're probably already not someone I want running around classic anyways.
    Why are you making stuff up? No one in this thread even said they cared that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No ... absolutely not. I miss my old gnome and want to be able to play it as it used to be.
    But as an option you can still play as an old model gnome. You can still play as you want and other people can play as they want.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But as an option you can still play as an old model gnome.
    Two problems:
    1. I want my gnome to look like something for other people to see, most people here never even see the face of their toon.
    2. The old models option when it was around did NOT allow you to play as an old model gnome :

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from those who want it to look the way it used to ...
    Which they can do... hence the word 'Option'. Just as it was on live for a while, it can be client-side only. Each player can see the models they want to see.

Two problems:
    1. I want my gnome to look like something for other people to see, most people here never even see the face of their toon.
    2. The old models option when it was around did NOT allow you to play as an old model gnome :
    So problem 2 stems from a bad feature they removed. Why do you think if the put it into classic they wouldn't fix it? And problem 1 is just comical at this point after seeing it constantly. No one is gonna zoom in on your character enough to see your face that's covered by a helm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, I don't want my Classic character to be perceived with a new model by other people turning on such options.

When I chose that Dwarf face, that's exactly what others should be. This is the soul of Classic - there's no transmog, no pretty models, you are what you are. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    My character looks the way I want him to, including the old model. He may look badass in one set of armor in the old model, but like garbage in the new model. As my character, I should have complete control of my appearance to others, and the new model choice would remove my agency in this.
    I want everyone with high end rigs to downgrade their towers so they see the game the same way I do too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the dopey old look of the game, but I mean if its optional sure.

They already tried to include both old and new models, but the old models ended up looking weird because they weren't compatible with the new rig.

They sort of fixed the worst of it but it still looked pretty janky, particularly the facial expressions:

Last edited by Theoris; 2019-07-30 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Which they can do... hence the word 'Option'. .
    There was never an option to have your character show as it was in vanilla after they changed the models.

- - - Updated - - -

So problem 2 stems from a bad feature they removed.
    Not sure how having a character with an expressive face is a bad feature ?

Not sure how having a character with an expressive face is a bad feature ?
    It was bad because it wasn't the original. Isn't that the point you were trying to make?

It was bad because it wasn't the original. Isn't that the point you were trying to make?
    I wasn't making any such point - I was just stating that I want to have Vanilla be vanilla - because the only real reason to play vanilla is nostalgia.

No. What people aren't understanding is that if helmets fit the new models then they won't fit the old ones. And vice versa.

5+ Year Old Account
    #nochanges , once you do many changes ppl gona ask once again for other True-true classic server.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

As long as I can see it with the models I want to see (original classic with w.e gear you are wearing, no xmog) then sure.

I wasn't making any such point - I was just stating that I want to have Vanilla be vanilla - because the only real reason to play vanilla is nostalgia.
    "2. The old models option when it was around did NOT allow you to play as an old model gnome."

Isn't this a point? The model toggle did not allow you to go back to the original which made it a mad feature. Fix that and people who only want original models get that and people who don't can toggle it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah I don't see why an option that only effects your view would be bad.

The people who take #NoChanges so seriously that they don't want other people to enjoy the game the way they choose to are ridiculous.
    Well, the other people enjoying the game the way they choose to is, from a #no changes person's perspective, the exact crap, tip of the iceberg and slippery slope that led to all the changes that ruined the game to begin with.

Even in this thread people are saying add transmog etc etc as well...once you start there's no end to this nonsense and Classic isn't Classic anymore...

the fact that so far Blizz is staying as true to Classic as possible is to be commended...you guys already had your chance to ruin the game...it's called retail...we just want the game we loved back...come play with us if you want, don't come play with us if you don't...but you'll be playing the game the way it was and is supposed to be, love it or leave it, don't bastardize it.

x that and people who only want original models get that and people who don't can toggle it.
    Make it so I can toggle how my character looks to EVERYONE in game and make it so one of the options is that it looks exactly as it did in Vanilla - and we have a winner.

This is not a technically possible solution - therefore, vanilla remains vanilla is the only option left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    That is literally the point of classic? To tell retail people to stuff it.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree, because the types of people upset by the "no new models" thing are exactly the types of people who I don't want in the game.. by virtue of the fact that they're getting upset about something that wasn't in classic (however meaningless) not being in classic. It's great. Keep people who don't like classic out of classic. That simple.
    Ok i just dont get your idea i dont want to. I want classic i mean gameplay and lore. I dont miss that graphic. I played vanilla and played beta classic and i know that i want new models.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-07-30 at 07:20 AM.

I have to say, debate aside - this is possibly the single most balanced poll result I've ever seen. I've looked at it 4 times since it started, and every time the results have been dead even.