15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's cool. I think I will stick to the Red Mage because I enjoy the gameplay and it seems forgiving for an Aussie player on 180ms to Japanese servers.

I don't really understand the Glamour system yet. Do you have to load items into it or something?
    So there's two "systems" for glamour, manual and plates. Manual glamour, you need the item you want to glamour in your inventory and a glamour prism. Then simply right click > glamour and you're done. Manual can be done basically anywhere, at any time.

Plates require you to put the item in the glamour dresser (which is at the inn and squadron room) and to be at the dresser to create the plate itself. Putting an item into the dresser takes 1 glamour prism. Once you've stored an item in the dresser you can make a glamour plate with it. Using plates don't cost any prisms, but plates can only be applied while in a city or instanced hub like idyllshire or rhaglr's reach. Plates are very handy if you have a full ensemble you like using and you can use plates to glamour same sets of gear by linking a plate to each gear set. So if you want to make your summoner and red mage have two different glamours, you can. Just keep in mind that the plates will not apply if you're out in the open world.

Wow, I thought DRG got a short end of the stick this time, but almost all of these look atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You can get two onions for free by completing two Heavensward side quests. Landing A Stable Job and A Hunter's True Nature. Second one is part of a side quest chain.
    I will check my retainer's bags for them tomorrow. For I pray to god I did not vendor them having no idea what they were.

Seriously though, Whether your Chocobo is lvl 20 or 10, is not that much of a difference for the content where you can actually use it.
    I'm not sure if a lvl 20 Chocobo will survive most hunts, but that's probably the only part where I'd say you need to it to be on that level for it to be of use.

It's not like they deal a lot of damage on lvl 20 compared to lvl 10.
    If you want it to heal, you can specialize it on lvl 10 to do so and that's probably the only thing you really want it to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I have my chocobo at 11 ATM, the main thing I'm dreading is onions, they're expensive enough to make me think twice, and I'm always loathe to spend big on the AH.

I do however have a house, so I have access to a garden, so when I finish leveling, I'll probably start reading guides on growing the onions myself, tho from having a quick glance it seems like a big pain.
    Tried it once. 3 weeks of gardening, 1 onion. Concluded that 250K was way easier to make.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Seriously though, Whether your Chocobo is lvl 20 or 10, is not that much of a difference for the content where you can actually use it.
    I'm not sure if a lvl 20 Chocobo will survive most hunts, but that's probably the only part where I'd say you need to it to be on that level for it to be of use.

It's not like they deal a lot of damage on lvl 20 compared to lvl 10.
    If you want it to heal, you can specialize it on lvl 10 to do so and that's probably the only thing you really want it to do anyway.
    I've found a pretty profound difference in performance between my level 10 healing chocobo and my level 13, healer + damage + tank specced choco. He has more health, hits harder, and just has overall more impact on my solo forays than he did before. It's not hugely game changing, but it does mean I can do kill things faster and actually complete some FATEs solo that I couldn't before.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Tried it once. 3 weeks of gardening, 1 onion. Concluded that 250K was way easier to make.
    If only they were still 250k. They're going for between 500k and 750k on Excalibur right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes!
    That sure is expensive. Guess many a people is leveling them now with the new expansion / FATE rank system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... 570k on my server atm. We grew / bought them when they were at 100k...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah... 570k on my server atm. We grew / bought them when they were at 100k...
    I guess I'm lucky then. The FC I'm in has an FC chest full of them. People ask for them all the time and they hand them out for free so I didn't even know they were so expensive until I decided to buy another onion with my own gil lol. They were going for nearly 1 million gil the last I checked on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I guess I'm lucky then. The FC I'm in has an FC chest full of them. People ask for them all the time and they hand them out for free so I didn't even know they were so expensive until I decided to buy another onion with my own gil lol. They were going for nearly 1 million gil the last I checked on my server.
    It's not too bad if you have a large house with some people to help poke at it / farm the soil. It's just you know, annoying. They're expensive cause they require land and then require real time to farm it, and since not everyone can get housing and farm it it naturally becomes super expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, got Energy Drain back, which is honestly the bare minimum but it's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Energy drain even worth the GCD with a crappy potency like that?

Interesting to see that they move away from direct loot and use token in savage now.
    Should alleviate some of the gearing RNG.

I have 3 onions growing in my house right now, theyve been in their big leafy state for what feels like a week now and they still wont sparkle. WHY WONT YOU SPARKLE I TEND AND LOVE YOU.

Is Energy drain even worth the GCD with a crappy potency like that?

Interesting to see that they move away from direct loot and use token in savage now.
    Should alleviate some of the gearing RNG.
    Use it alongside Ruin 2. Ends up being 350 potency instead of 280.

How does Savage loot distribution work again... I remember being able to roll for more than one item for some reason.
    Is there a lock-out or something?

As for the Class balance notes for SAM:

SAM didn't get the potency increase I hoped for.
    The new Hagakure is basically worthless (5 kenki per sen, so it's always a DPS loss to use it, even for intermission stuff where your buffs run out), new Shoha doesn't do much and instant Tsubamegaeshi is nice but I don't really care. Would've prefered Iaijutsu to be instant, or both.

Instead of Shoha, I'd rather have the Monk's equivalent of Meditate that freezes my / all buffs. That would render Hagakure to be pointless and void it's use AND streamline the class where it isn't "clean" during a bossfight -> "opener" after a long transmission

Gear Sets:

Ninja looks cool... cloaks in this game are always awesome, SAM/MNK have a horrible helmet once more but it's hard to see clearly due to furry issues, DRG could look awesome, but they chose Lalafell in their Armor previews (wtf?) so no way to see any details, Healer and M.RDPS look awesome imho.

The weapons look awesome too. I hope the theme remains like that, dark armor -> Shadowbringers -> WoDarkness
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-30 at 09:57 AM.

https://twitter.com/Fenrishion/statu...28571413237760

I don't think i've ever felt so bad for a FF villain before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    I have 3 onions growing in my house right now, theyve been in their big leafy state for what feels like a week now and they still wont sparkle. WHY WONT YOU SPARKLE I TEND AND LOVE YOU.
    I think they need 10 days to grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I don't think i've ever felt so bad for a FF villain before.
    Yep, bloody shame we had to off him.

- - - Updated - - -

We make so much unnecessary effort to save absolute jackoffs without killing them but the ONE TIME I wanted us to be the goody goody "BUT I CAN SAVE HIM" we didnt do it :|

- - - Updated - - -

its worse when you rewatch the whole story and its basically just Hades being down to 1 other person left from his world desperately trying to see if our 8/9/14th's of an ascian is enough of one of his people that he has someone else besides Elidibus he can consider a real person. Doesn't excuse all the shit he did but when its not some generic 'GRANT ME UNLIMITED GODLIKE POWER!' cartoon stuff like Kefka or Kuja its a lot more understandable. Kind of like Shuyin from X-2 in a way but with an endgoal thats not full on murderhobo venom snake revengeapalooza.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not too bad if you have a large house with some people to help poke at it / farm the soil. It's just you know, annoying. They're expensive cause they require land and then require real time to farm it, and since not everyone can get housing and farm it it naturally becomes super expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, got Energy Drain back, which is honestly the bare minimum but it's something.
    I need to start growing them then because I've got a large :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    We make so much unnecessary effort to save absolute jackoffs without killing them but the ONE TIME I wanted us to be the goody goody "BUT I CAN SAVE HIM" we didnt do it :|
    Well, the problem is: our goals are irreconcilable and he is NEVER going to stop.
    It was a pity but unfortunately impossible to make him see reason and accept us.