Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Russ and the wolves come off as sanctimonious idiots no one would want to be part of. Really i felt they more ruined the legion than Russ
    The Space Wolves have always been that way, though? Look at Prospero, where Russ effectively decided to ignore the Emperor's request to capture Magnus alive and instead decided to kill him (after talking with Horus), as well as commit a genocide against the Thousand Sons. Then, throughout the books, he has consistently defended the decision, even though Magnus was - at that time - a loyalist. Really, all the books are doing is solidifying what they are: Space dicks who never have consequences for their actions. Hell, even when they have consequences, they don't actually lose anything (see their encounter with Jaghatai Khan and Alpha Legion).
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2019-07-30 at 11:31 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Very happy about the material chosen for their first major foray into live action television.
    Normally they're so SPESS MARINE obsessed and the space marines are the least interesting part of 40K (in my opinion).
    Though if I had my choice it would be a show entirely about the Imperial Navy and life battling in the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The Space Wolves have always been that way, though? Look at Prospero, where Russ effectively decided to ignore the Emperor's request to capture Magnus alive and instead decided to kill him (after talking with Horus), as well as commit a genocide against the Thousand Sons. Then, throughout the books, he has consistently defended the decision, even though Magnus was - at that time - a loyalist. Really, all the books are doing is solidifying what they are: Space dicks who never have consequences for their actions. Hell, even when they have consequences, they don't actually lose anything (see their encounter with Jaghatai Khan and Alpha Legion).
    You understand there was a time where the heresy was very gray...?They didn't come off that way.

My first books were the ones about Ragnar blackmane....They were not sanctimonious at all. There were no horus heresy books back then.

The heresy books make them sanctimonious yes lol. Not the 40k content. In 40k they're pretty awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    he was loyal so he couldn't just screw off and then he thought things would be different under horus before realizing nothing changes. they go over it in slaves to darkness a well.
    if he was loyal he woudln't have turned in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    He can't go off and build, because his entire character is that he's a loyal son. In a lot of ways he's more directly loyal to the Emperor than some of the loyalist Primarchs, who twist E's plan to suit themselves. Pert sacrificed everything for the dream of the Imperium and was forgotten and shunned for the work the Emperor asked him to do. He's basically Rambo from First Blood, except on a galactic scale - he has god-tier levels of PTSD, which makes him totally unstable.

That said, he's also super calculating and smart, probably the best tactician out of any of the Primarchs, and is wicked good at building shit. The monumental troll job that was the Iron Cage alone is enough evidence that he's a super calculating, intentionally leaving Dorn alive with the shame of being tricked, getting his ass handed to him, and losing a shitload of gene-seed all at the same time. Killing Dorn would only have made him a martyr and a hero, and instead Perturabo decimated the Iron Hands and made Dorn an embarrassment.

It kind of seems like your opinion of who is a badass is based only on their individual combat proficiency rather than the entirety of their characters.
    except the part where he's not loyal? To either of his fathers?

Only to horus? Makes no sense. You'd think after the first two he'd figure out he needs some autonomy. Nope. Just more whining

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    if he was loyal he woudln't have turned in the first place

except the part where he's not loyal? To either of his fathers?

Only to horus? Makes no sense. You'd think after the first two he'd figure out he needs some autonomy. Nope. Just more whining
    He kinda turned because he was loyal. He took so much shit from every one that he had a mental break and destroyed his own planet which Horus then played on to make him think the emperor would never forgive him.

Then in angel Exterminatus he realizes that he doesn’t actually believe in any thing not the imperial dream not chaos he’s always just been going with the motions so he keeps doing what he always does and follows the only guy he’s got left Horus even though he knows nothing will change.

Turabo at heart is an an artist a builder but he’s never been able to actually be that and he doesn’t know how to get to it so he follows the people who seem to have grand plans.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-07-31 at 04:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You understand there was a time where the heresy was very gray...?They didn't come off that way.

My first books were the ones about Ragnar blackmane....They were not sanctimonious at all. There were no horus heresy books back then.

The heresy books make them sanctimonious yes lol. Not the 40k content. In 40k they're pretty awesome
    I don't know -- they've always come off as a little snow-flakey to me with them never seeming to have consequences (probably because they're shoe horned into most situations). They sort of just do whatever they want and never have to answer for it. Whether it's killing a Primarch against the orders of the Emperor himself (receiving no consequences and never reflecting on it) or actively fighting against the Inquisition and then being let off the hook, even though other chapters had been entirely wiped out for less. Hell, they're even openly allowed to be mutants and allowed to have Rune Priests in their ranks after the Council of Nikea. They've always had this I'm right, everyone else is wrong attitude, though I'd grant that it's become much more pronounced now.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Ragnar books made them to be comic-book heroes, in fact when he joins the Wolfblades he becomes pretty much a direct rip-off of Marvel's Thor.

- - - Updated - - -

He kinda turned because he was loyal. He took so much shit from every one that he had a mental break and destroyed his own planet which Horus then played on to make him think the emperor would never forgive him.

Then in angel Exterminatus he realizes that he doesn’t actually believe in any thing not the imperial dream not chaos he’s always just been going with the motions so he keeps doing what he always does and follows the only guy he’s got left Horus even though he knows nothing will change.

Turabo at heart is an an artist a builder but he’s never been able to actually be that and he doesn’t know how to get to it so he follows the people who seem to have grand plans.
    The tragedy of Perturabo is if he was given a chance to shine he could probably have beaten both Guilliman and Dorn at their own games. His nature was to be loyal and dutiful, so when he felt the Emperor had pushed him down too far he transferred those to Horus. When it turned out Horus was no different and would continue using him for the shitty jobs Perty's streak of fatalism showed up.

With the idea that the Emperor always wanted the Primarchs and Astartes to reduce their numbers in a civil war, it makes me wonder if the Emperor was such a dick to Perturabo knowing he would eventually turn from him, or if he was being kept in the wings ready to come forth and shine against the ones who would turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The tragedy of Perturabo is if he was given a chance to shine he could probably have beaten both Guilliman and Dorn at their own games. His nature was to be loyal and dutiful, so when he felt the Emperor had pushed him down too far he transferred those to Horus. When it turned out Horus was no different and would continue using him for the shitty jobs Perty's streak of fatalism showed up.

With the idea that the Emperor always wanted the Primarchs and Astartes to reduce their numbers in a civil war, it makes me wonder if the Emperor was such a dick to Perturabo knowing he would eventually turn from him, or if he was being kept in the wings ready to come forth and shine against the ones who would turn.
    Pert had it same even when working for his adoptive father on Olympia, no wonder he turned out like he was when every new opportunity kicked him in the teeth.

And then there was the jealousy, especialy against Dorn.

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly, which is IMO what makes him the best developed Primarch fluff-wise. He's relateable and incredibly human, even though he's also space demigod Iron Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what I was getting at, but I feel like my point was missed. Glad someone understood.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Anyone knows if there is any Deathwatch in any of his lore? Gregor Eisenhorn that is. I know he had a bolt pistol that was a gift from a Deathwach Librarian of the Ordo Xenos but that's it.

Like The Inquisitor Hector Rex of the Ordo Malleus fighting with Grey Knights and the Ordo Hereticus inquisitors using Sisters of Battle.
    Do you hear the voices too?

My personal guess is that they will Judge Dredd Eisenhorn really, show him as really rough but in a necessary way given the fucked up world he's in.

The series will probably gloss over/not mention the most overly fascistic and pointlessly cruel aspects of the Imperium. Some things you just can't defend in front of the vast majority of the audience.

The Ragnar books made them to be comic-book heroes, in fact when he joins the Wolfblades he becomes pretty much a direct rip-off of Marvel's Thor.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup pure power fantasy with a sci fi theme. Glorious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Anyone knows if there is any Deathwatch in any of his lore? Gregor Eisenhorn that is. I know he had a bolt pistol that was a gift from a Deathwach Librarian of the Ordo Xenos but that's it.

Like The Inquisitor Hector Rex of the Ordo Malleus fighting with Grey Knights and the Ordo Hereticus inquisitors using Sisters of Battle.
    He doesn't use the deathwatch in the books. Most of his stuff centers around demons/chaos even tho he is part odlf the ordos xenos. He has his own cadre of psychic nulls that aren't sisters of silence

Edit - I'm pretty sure he joins ordo malleus at some point. Havent read ravenor books maybe it's covered in there or a short story

- - - Updated - - -

And perturabo was always a whiner read his primarch book. Same petulant little shit to his adoptive father. Useless.

He doesn't use the deathwatch in the books. Most of his stuff centers around demons/chaos even tho he is part odlf the ordos xenos. He has his own cadre of psychic nulls that aren't sisters of silence

Edit - I'm pretty sure he joins ordo malleus at some point. Havent read ravenor books maybe it's covered in there or a short story
    Would be sweet to see a mission with the Deathwatch but i get they go with the human side with no astartes and i think that's best atleast to start with.

From what ive read and heard and it's not much yet his story becomes a insane horror story pretty quick lol.

Will have to get all his novels now that this is coming.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-08-02 at 03:37 PM.

What is not to love about this universe?

Humanitarians.

Clowns.

Tender romance.

Healthy father daughter relationships.

Sons who never leave home.

Valor.

Law and order.

Communism.

Architectural excellence.

Museum enthusiasts.

Angels.

---
    PSA for all of the people trying to appropriate the Emperor as an avatar for their hate boners be aware that he is a militant atheist, a unifier of all humanity, an egalitarian and a propagator of science, you are straight up the type who would be purged by thunder warriors.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-08-04 at 07:39 AM.

This was pretty nice, not sure what's it's going to be though like a mini serie or something, perhaps just a teaser for the new codex. It's going pretty well for the marketing part at gw atm lots of good stuff coming. Just need a very good 40k mmo too or a proper dow 4.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-08-08 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    This was pretty nice, not sure what's it's going to be though like a mini serie or something, perhaps just a teaser for the new codex.
    It's just marketing for the new tabletop codex, pretty nice though

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Better quotes here!

https://incorrect-primarchs-quotes.tumblr.com/
    Magnus: Eveyones a little gay
    Fulgrim: Well Im a big gay and today im coming out as the worlds biggest gay

I love the Astra Militarum quotes like

Peace is not in my vocabulary

"Although an individual Imperial Guardsman can never be the equal of a Space Marine, there are often tens of thousands of men in each regiment. With literally trillions of new recruits tithed to the Astra Militarum each year, their commanders have a functionally infinite amount of manpower to draw upon."

At any one time the Imperial Guard fight across a hundred warzones and upon ten thousand planets.

The graves of warriors who have given their lives for the Emperor now outnumber the stars themselves.

But yeah i love the 40k lore subreddit for all kinds of good parts in novels.

the planet broke before the guard did ..

- - - Updated - - -

the planet broke before the guard did ..
    Damn how could i forget that one, it's amazing when you read about that lore.