Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What Do You Want To See?

Over the past few weeks there have been at least 3 "credible WoW expansion leaks".

While they're all different it seems a level squish, tinker classes and something to do with the Void is a common theme. But...

What would YOU actually like to see in the next expansion? Is there a lore direction you've been hoping for? As for me, I know it seems like such a "WotLK 2.0" but I want some sort of return of the Lich King, because.....reasons?

I really liked the concept someone posted here last year about an underground expansion.

Shadowlands doesn't do much to excite me, sadly.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I really liked the concept someone posted here last year about an underground expansion.

Shadowlands doesn't do much to excite me, sadly.
    Agreed. An underground expansion would be something completely different and just what the game needs right now.

*Sylvanas dying for her crimes. No redemption.
    *Ranged class that uses bows and has an entirely different theme than Hunter. Something like Arcane Archer (a combo between mage and archer), or Tinker with stealth and ranged weapons.
    *Playable Naga.
    *Any race can be any faction.
    *Nightelf paladins.

The option for my human protection Paladin to race change to blood elf and remain the most reliable tank friend for the exact same group of Alliance-race friends with said Paladin.

I have to agree, shadow lands doesn't really interest me either. A caving one would intrigue me more, like literally going down into azeroth to fix the old hag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    *Sylvanas dying for her crimes. No redemption.
    This is also important and another thing I hate about the Shadowlands fan fiction "leak". If they Kerriganize her after she literally decimated a player race's population, I'm gonna lose my shit.

The only potential new class I see happening is Tinker. Anything else is already at least partially covered by an existing class, and would require cannibalizing existing classes to make them.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The only potential new class I see happening is Tinker. Anything else is already at least partially covered by an existing class, and would require cannibalizing existing classes to make them.
    Sadly, if the leaks are true, it seems Tinker will have a tank spec, and a dps spec that plays in similar fashion to Torbjorn.

Level squish
    World revamp
    Deeper professions

I think it would be cool if we fought N'Zoth at the end of BfA and he wins. Then when 9.0 drops we jump forward X number of years and the Black Empire has infected the world and this is where the world revamp comes in. A big part of the expansion could be both factions working together to reclaim the world. Zones change as they are 'liberated' from the Black Empire, removing the taint. EDIT - Make this retaking of the world like the Suramar questline.

If a level squish happens, I am fine with expansions becoming obsolete and not needed for leveling. For example if the level squish puts us down to 60, let me level 1-60 in a revamped Azeroth. If Outland & Northrend are not going to get updated then don't make me have to level there.
    Last edited by spleen1015; 2019-07-31 at 02:57 PM.

What would I personally love to see... an honest "Battlemage" spec. There have been many NPC's both named and mindless Raid trash,that been actual Battlemages. using both spells and melee attacks. I'd love to have this as an option.

I just want something different and/or new after all this. I would enjoy an underground expansion, would be different. I also, though I know this isn't popular, wouldn't mind going back to AU Draenor but going to other continents just to have the opportunity to have brand new things.

The Ethereal homeworld is I know an idea that has been floating around, and I'm also on board with that.

Just give me something new and different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Still desiring an apocalyptic expansion to give the setting a decent soft reset.

I fucking hate the major lore characters in this game, both they and the players have become way too powerful. Kill them all and weaken the player. Shatter the Alliance and Horde by ridding us of their shitty leadership.

Plus the old world needs a revamp. Fighting over resources would give the races or Azeroth a new reason to fight each other, free from the Alliance and Horde’s recent taint and the shackles that come with them.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-31 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No interest in tinkers at all and frankly I hope they don't add another class. They have too many now.

Not overly interested in Shadowlands.

I've read some posts asking for an underground expansion which sounds intriguing although I don't know that I want to stare at caves for two solid years. Those asking for this should think about that.

I would like to see the faction war over. I'd like to see factions stay in place in an uneasy but generally co-operative peace. Story lines about how various races react to that could promise a lot of interesting stuff. I don't expect to see that but nevertheless think it would be a way to begin afresh.

I would also like to see us open a brand new continent. Not islands. Not a peninsula. Not an archipelago. A continent. We don't need to see the whole thing. Just the coastal areas and as the expansion progresses we make some inroads into this new place. Future expansions could have us exploring further and further in.

I would like that continent to represent something of a fresh start for the game. New stories, new people and NPC races to get to know. Most of all a new place to explore with its own stories. This would not need to preclude stuff that's happening in the existing and known continents. A factions-at-relative-peace expansion would be a perfect setting for this kind of deep exploration. Portals could get us back and forth if need be. Or sea-going ships which might have their own life and stories.

Void stuff is fine by me.

I've mostly avoided the entire conversation about WoW2 but this might represent that in some way.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-07-31 at 03:26 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't Care about the "where" like Shadowlands, or new Continent. Also i do not care about Factions, Races, etc.

But i care about game design, mechanics, content and classes. Give me prestige servers with:

- Class Design like Wotlk, MoP, etc
    - No LFR / LFG
    - No char progression like AP and grinds
    - No rng beside loot tables
    - Fixed loot lists
    - No crossrealm and big prestige Servers
    - High Quality Raids
    - High Quality Dungeons
    - A Solid good Story
    - No cheap shit
    - No Recycling
    - Active balanced PvP

and i am fine

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've read some posts asking for an underground expansion which sounds intriguing although I don't know that I want to stare at caves for two solid years. Those asking for this should think about that.
    I think this whole cave thing is under the assumption that we visit fantastical biomes underground .. if it's just dank caves then the whole idea can be considered as definite still birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Personally speaking, I just want an end to the faction war narrative and an expansion focusing on what I think WoW is best at: exploration, overcoming obstacles, expansion, and discovery. Give me a new land or lands with variable scenery, new races and factions to interact with, and enemies (both old and new). I am kind of tired of huge and centralized story-arcs like WoD, Legion, and BfA and would prefer something a bit more distributed and "sandboxy," zones with their own unique flavor and lore, and new stories that are engaging but disconnected from a central or overarching theme.

You can do the classic body-swerve into a new arc midway through, perhaps; but I'd prefer it to open as a new land full of delights and dangers that reward exploration and is full of dynamic never-before-seen things.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    Over the past few weeks there have been at least 3 "credible WoW expansion leaks".

While they're all different it seems a level squish, tinker classes and something to do with the Void is a common theme. But...

What would YOU actually like to see in the next expansion? Is there a lore direction you've been hoping for? As for me, I know it seems like such a "WotLK 2.0" but I want some sort of return of the Lich King, because.....reasons?
    I want to see factions get deleted, everybody on their own, FFA, allowed to group with or fight against anyone and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am kind of tired of huge and centralized story-arcs like WoD, Legion, and BfA and would prefer something a bit more distributed and "sandboxy," zones with their own unique flavor and lore, and new stories that are engaging but disconnected from a central or overarching theme.
    Same. I would love for all the lore threads they scattered through Island Expeditions to be leading up to a bevy of smaller storylines for a post BfA world.

I'd like to see tentacles and tinker class. If it is still possible, I want to serve the Banshee Queen.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Things I've been wanting:

- Revamped Eastern Kingdoms + Kalimdor with Azuremyst, Bloodmyst, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands attached and reachable with flying mounts.

- Fully scaled Eastern Kingdoms + Kalimdor so both are relevant at max level.

- Level squish with level 60 being the new max. I would be fine with horizontal progression in the future with 60 staying as the max. Leveling is just arbitrary at this point and stories can be told without it. The gear treadmill is also separate since we constantly upgrade our gear at max level via patches anyway. We don't need another 5-10 levels to justify getting better gear.

- Flying unlocked account-wide after one lump fee is paid. It should not be something we have to jump through hoops and perform circus tricks to get every single time we get a new continent. It's a waste of time and there should be other rewards justifying grinds e.g. gear treadmill and cosmetic rewards such as armour sets, mounts and toys. Flying also leads me onto my next point.

- New expansion continent zones designed with flying in mind. E.g. areas cannot be reached unless you fly to them, creating a fully 3D experience to use flying to its true potential. Getting from A to B can be more interesting if A and B are on different levels.

- Soft factions, keeping the Horde and Alliance but allowing cross-communication and cross-gameplay (we already have it in BGs and we have H vs. H, A vs. A in RBGs/Arenas). That way faction pride can still be maintained for the small minority that are bothered about it, and races have more opportunity to come to the forefront of the story.

- Scrap warfronts and island expeditions in their current form. They look to have slowed down/stopped development on them anyway. Players should be encouraged to explore in the open world not in a timed instance or a Warcraft 3 theme park ride. Imagine island expedition exploration but in the actual zones that Blizzard have made (Elwynn, Hillsbrad, Loch Modan, the list goes on). They don't need glorified MoP scenarios to do this. Warfronts should also be PvP in the open world. It's why people remember Wintergrasp so fondly. Ashran was a mess because it was a watered down skinner box from the WoD beta (it used to have all these OP powerups).

- Continue the drive of updating old models and textures into HD quality. They've done an amazing job so far.

- Revisit the WoD batch of races that were redone. Many have issues that were left behind by the development process. Allied races are an uninteresting fad and I hope they aren't continued outside of adding races people actually fucking want (high elves, ogres etc). Literally no one asked for void elves, and lightforged draenei should've been additional customisation to the current draenei. More customisation for the current races should've been the direction taken.

- Make expansions relevant as a whole again with soft attunements. This play the patch mentality has degraded into 'seasons'. This isn't a battle royale lmao.

- Bring back PvP vendors.