Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Classic will have 10 Million Players...

Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Instead of the other way around?

Every World of Warcraft Expansion since Cataclysm sees 10 million subscribers at Launch...yes, even Warlords of Draenor.

The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.

Even Google Trends confirms this, if you compare "Classic Wow" to "BFA", Retail is dead, and Classic is on the ascent.

So where does this leave us?

Classic, given the fact it is a game that everyone wants, given that just a level 40 Beta was destroying the current game, given that most World of Warcraft launches attract 10 Million subscribers...I am going to make this prediction now...

Classic will have 10 Millioon subscribers...on day 1.

Nope, it won't. There are enough people who want new content, not content they have done 15 years ago. Classic isn't also as good as people think it is, so nope, classic will have by far no 10 million subs. Also playing classes in classic is boring; BfA has the worst class design ever, but that's only because Vanilla had no class design at all. There are enough 1 button-classes in vanilla, and that's by far not fun.

The thing is: Vanilla will still bring in many new customers, but don't forget: it's by far not as fun as people believe it will be.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Every World of Warcraft Expansion since Cataclysm sees 10 million subscribers at Launch...yes, even Warlords of Draenor.

The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.

Even Google Trends confirms this, if you compare "Classic Wow" to "BFA", Retail is dead, and Classic is on the ascent.

Classic, given the fact it is a game that everyone wants, given that just a level 40 Beta was destroying the current game, given that most World of Warcraft launches attract 10 Million subscribers...I am going to make this prediction now...

no it probably won't have more than retail. not overall anyway..... maybe at launch but that is a big maybe

It won't have 10 million but that does not mean it will be a failure, in fact this 15 year old game can be the most successful mmo launch in history if it surpasses 3 mil, which i think is possible. At the very least it will be more popular than the current version of the game for a while, which is an achievement in itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I was listening yesterday from a friend who will be playing in classic with a streamer raid, classic is going to die fast. There is so much drama, at least with the guild/server that is going to be playing on. I can see classic only will be filled with people who played on private servers. It's not going to last

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the character creation is opening in a couple weeks and I’ll be playing classic I figured I’d renew my game time. Figured I could catch up with what was going on in BfA since I stopped playing. Loaded up BfA, instantly threw-up...all over my monitor. Actually had to get a new monitor. But I digress...

Basically BfA is noticeably different, and not in a fun or new way. This is disappointing, because I do like to thing classic will get me back into retail. But sadly I’m really not convinced this will happen. Found a private server I’ll mess around on until classic servers are out.

Actually now that I think about it, I wonder if they’ll even have numbers for who plays classic exclusively. It will be hard to tell they could make it ambiguous.
    Last edited by Hashtronaut; 2019-08-03 at 10:02 PM.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will have a decent niche numbers, but not more than that. Certainly not more than retails and surely not 10 million, that's like silly.

All these people who say it wont be more successful than retail dont know the story of how oldschool runescape took over runescape population. History will repeat itself. People dont want to play diablo 3 with more buttons, they want an actual mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    From what I was listening yesterday from a friend who will be playing in classic with a streamer raid, classic is going to die fast. There is so much drama, at least with the guild/server that is going to be playing on. I can see classic only will be filled with people who played on private servers. It's not going to last
    Classic was all about juicy drama, not being ‘nice’ to the dads.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Private server players will be outnumbered 10:1 on classic at minimum, in fact most are going to be on one server. The majority of classic players day 1 will be returning players who quit in past expansions who disagree with where the devs have taken current game to today, which is a very large number of people.

PS players are simply a vocal minority, and most who play PS'ers wont be playing classic because they cant afford it or refuse to pay for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post

Lololol I love all this absolute lies. 1. Classic was only outdoing BFA cause there was nothing new on BFA, the method world first curstomped the entire classic covered.
    2. Twitch changed the logo to encompise both games so a generic logo is better, then the current expansion logo.
    3.also how shit, comparing " classic wow" to the random letters "BFA" your results are so extreme! That or you just dont know how to use google trends... Hint for ya buddy... You dont... You really don't...
    4."game everyone wants" nah there is millions around the world playing wow noe, and who have played wow, that won't play classic.
    5.lolol the level 40 beta was not destroying the current game where the fuck you getting these asspulls from mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    All these people who say it wont be more successful than retail dont know the story of how oldschool runescape took over runescape population. History will repeat itself. People dont want to play diablo 3 with more buttons, they want an actual mmo.
    You know why it did? Cause old school run escape is on mobile. Over 60% of their playerbase plays primarily on mobile for osrs. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I cannot wait until folks like you eat your words.

Classic doesnt have subscribers tho, as you need to subscribe to Retail to get access to classic. So, what you are saying is retail will have 10 million subs? Sounds good!

No it wont. And most of the private server players will go back to them once they realize they can't get free items from a gm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I cannot wait until folks like you eat your words.
    Same could be said about ur dumb ass playing an MMO where nobody has any reputation whatsoever and queues with randoms in a matter of seconds with people who dont even speak the same language.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    1.5-2 million and 500-700k long term.
    That's a pretty reasonable estimate, but i think if it takes off 3mil could happen That way blizzard could call it the biggest mmo launch in history (surpassing swtor).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice bait thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Old School Runescape is not comparable to Classic. Old School Runescape has had a tremendous amount of new content and QoL changes. If you want to make a better comparison, compare Classic WoW to... Runescape Classic. It shut down last year:

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/...jptv=news_list